Twelve

Living With Bigbang. Should be Interesting.

Youngbae's POV

As we eat the Chinese food and talk about nothing important, just words to fill the depressing silence, the phone rings. I look at the caller ID. Emma's mom.

"Who is it?" Daesung asks, Lo Mein dangling out of his mouth.

"Emma's mom." I say, putting down my orange chicken and picking up the phone. I wait for her to say something. Emma lets out another wail, and then we hear something crash.

"Daesung, go upstairs and make sure she's not hurting herself." G-Dragon orders quietly, eyes on me. Daesung nods, and slowly walks up the stairs.

"Hello?" Emma's mom asks. "Youngbae, is that you?" I take a deep breath, wondering how to ask Ms. Cooper what happened between her and her daughter. I mean, Emma obviously wasn't in the best state of mind when she said Ms. Cooper said she hated Emma, but the fact that Emma got that message leaves me a bit concerned.

"Yeah, it's me." I say finally. I hear a screech, another crash, and a door slamming.

"What was that? Was that Emma?" Ms. Cooper asks frantically. "What happened? Is she throwing a tantrum?"

"That was Emma, yes, we asked her why she was angry, yes." I answer all of her questions. "But it's what Emma said that concerns me."

"Youngbae, you know better than anyone that Emma says hurtful things that aren't true when she's mad."

"She didn't say anything hurtful."

"Then what did she say?"

"She said she was mad at God, she said she was bullied in school."

"Yes, she was bullied, but she never said anything about being mad at God." Ms. Cooper interrupted me.

"Then she said you hated her. She said that you said you were ashamed to have her as your daughter, and that you'd rather have anyone else be your child." I continue on like Ms. Cooper had never spoken.

"WHAT?!" Ms. Cooper yelled through the phone. "I never said any of that! You can't believe what Emma shouts at you when she's in a rage! I thought you would know that!"

"I'm concerned that she got that idea. I know you probably didn't directly say, like, flat out, 'I hate you', but whatever you said must have been taken the wrong way by her." I back pedal, trying not to offend Ms. Cooper any more than I already have.

"What else did she say?" She asks.

"She said she hates you for hooking up with a married man, and for 'controling her life when you have no right'." There is silence for a few moments on the other end. Then I hear the click of Ms. Cooper hanging up.

"What?! Come on, are you kidding me?!" I shout, slamming the phone down on the table. "She hung up on me." I explain to the others, who are all looking at me with shocked expressions. I pick up my chicken again, and start eating with a pissed off expression on my face.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daesung's POV

I stand outside Emma's door, and I swear you could just feel the anger and hurt radiating from the room, even from down the hall by the stairs. I take a deep, steadying breath, and open the door quickly. And duck as a glass comes flying at me and crashes into the wall of the hallway. Emma lets out an incoherent screech, and stomps her foot. I close the door, and take a small step into the room.

I could barely recognize her. Her eyes were swolen and puffy, her face was shiny and red, her hair was a wild, tangled mess, and her arms were covered with tiny scratches, blood oozing out of them. Her floor was covered with small shards of glass, and now that I look down, her bare feet are all scratched up too. Her bedclothes were all messed up, everything was either broken or flung somewhere out of place, except her laptop.

"Go away!" She says quietly, in a small, weak voice. I just stare at her, jaw hanging open. I knew she sounded so much like a little girl when she was screaming at us earlier, and now, she definitaly looked it, and was acting like one too. When I look at Emma now, I see a scared and hurt little girl.

When I continue to not respond, Emma screeches again, but quieter, and looks around for something else to throw at me. She grabs a big, heavy-looking book, and winds her arm back to throw. That snaps me into motion. I lurch forward, grab one wrist with one hand, and the book with my other hand. She just slumps, defeated, and I have to hold her up. I gently pry the book from her hand. I wrap her in a giant bear hug. She wraps her arms around me, and cries into my chest.

I just rock us back and forth, letting her cry. When it seems like she can cry no more, I still hold her. I only let go when she gives me a light push, signaling that she's done. She just walks to her bed, fixes the sheets enough for her to be comfortable, and collapses. I take this as my que to leave, and walk to the door.

"Wait." Emma croaks quietly. I turn and look at her. She looks at me and gives me a small smile. "Turn on some music and lie down with me?" I smile, but stay where I am, debating. I'm weighing the likelyhood of Youngbae killing me if he walks in and sees me snuggling with his sister against not wanting to make Emma feel rejected. I shrug, and wade through the assorted crap to her laptop. I open iTunes and click play. The first song that plays is Marry Me, by Jason Derulo.

105 is the number that comes to my head
When I think of all
the years I wanna be with you

I walk over to her bed. Emma scootches over to make room for me. I lie down, and naturally put my arm out for her to use as a pillow, and so she can snuggle up close. She drapes her arm over my chest, and her right leg over mine.

And you know one of these days
When I get my money right

Buy you everything and show you all the finer things of life
We'll forever be in love

So there ain't no need to rush
But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough

Emma's breathing gets slower. I pull the blanket over us with one hand, and then the chorus comes in.

I'll say
Will you marry me
I swear that I will mean it
I'll say
Will you marry me

I feel myself slowly falling asleep. I manage to make it to the final part of the song. The last thing I hear is That's preciesly what I plan to do.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Top's POV

Daesung's been upstairs for a while, and it's been fairly quiet. We've all long since eaten all our food, plus Daesung's, since he didn't come back to claim it and it was going to get cold.

"I'm going to check on them." Seungri says. He skips up the stairs, and comes back down quietly a few minutes later. "Hyungs! They look so cute!"

"What?" Youngbae asks, taking a que from Seungri and lowering his voice.

"They're sleeping together!" Seungri says carelessly. I do a spit take and laugh my off at Youngbae's expression.

"What?" He says threateningly.

Seungri quickly tries to calm Youngbae down. "No, not like they're having ! Like, they're both asleep in the same bed! They look so cute! They're all cuddly with each other!" Youngbae smiles, and we all run as quietly as we can up the stairs to Emma's room. I take my phone out of my pocket. We all quietly creep into the room, and let out a collective 'Awwww'. They do look cute, even though the rest of the room is in pieces. I snap about a thousand pictures for 'prosperity', as I tell Youngbae when he asks me. Then, we retreat and let them sleep.