The Beginning of the Spring Semester and The Valentine's Day

Our Mutually Hate Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The holiday was over and the first day of the spring semester came finally. Nana woke up in her dorm as she came last night to dormitory. She was glad that she was finally at school as she was feeling really suffocated at home. Even if it is temporary living in dorm, she was feeling free and relieved to be in here. After she got up from her bed, she started her usual morning routine before going to class. Lizzy also came to the dormitory last night as she wanted to be with Nana. They spent the night talking about a lot of stuff so they went to bed late. Nana was feeling restless but happy. She went to Lizzy’s bedroom to wake her up since it would be impossible for her to wake up being the sleepy head she was. Not to mention that she has been sleeping for a few hours. She shook her bestfriend slightly to wake her up.

N:”Liz wake up. It is morning already. Wake up or you will be late.”

L:”Mhmmm.”Lizzy groaned lazily. “Let me sleep a bit more.”

N:”Come on. You need to wake up. There is no time left. We have limited amount of time. You can only prepare yourself.”

L:”Ok ok. I am waking up.” She lifted herself up and sat there unconsciously. Nana chuckled at her and took a photo of her.

L:”Yah! I saw that!” she realized that Nana was mocking her sleepy state. She also smiled sheepishly and sat up from her bed.

N:”It is good that you woke up. Or else I was going to call Sehun to wake you up.”

L:”Pfft. Why mention him now?” she sighed.

N:”Why not? I bet you would wake up as soon as you hear his voice. Don’t tell me you didn’t miss him.” She continued to tease Lizzy.

L:”Oh Nana. Can you please shut up? Didn’t we talk about him enough last night?”

N:”Yes. And because of that I am considering that you are not that mad at him now. After all we know the real reason behind his actions.”

L:”I don’t really care anymore. I am tired. I don’t want to deal with his past or its effects on him.”

N:”Ouch. Heartless, aren’t we?”

Lizzy rolled her eyes at her and started preparing for her school. She was also thinking about the last night’s conversation she had with Nana. According to what Sehun told Nana when they met few days ago, Sehun got deceived by a girl from his previous school where Kai also attended at. At that time Kai and Junhyung were the biggest enemies so they have tried many ways to get back at each other. Seeing that tricking Kai is a hard thing to do so, Junhyung targeted Sehun who was naive compared to Kai. Hara who was one of Hyuna’s close friends (at that time) approached Sehun to gain the attention that she wanted from Junhyung. Hara got close with Sehun while acting like she wasn’t close with Junhyung at all. She gained Sehun’s trust to trap him later on. She tried so hard to make him like her and she actually succeeded in it as Sehun fell for her fake charm. That girl also tricked him by telling him the Junhyung’s so-called plans to show them that she is not on Junhyung’s side while she actually is. Even though Minzy and Kai warned him many times to be careful around her, Sehun still followed Hara around. When he asked her to be his girlfriend, she rejected him cruelly and made fun of him for how she had him in her palm that easily. She celebrated her triumph with Junhyung who seemed to be in a very good mood as he fooled the bestfriend of Kai. After this incident, Sehun lost his trust to women aside from his close circle of female friends. Seeing Sehun in that devastated state, Minzy and Kai couldn’t bring themselves to tell him that they had been right about that Hara b*tch all along. After that event, they avoided talking about that topic. However, Kai didn’t get off Junhyung’s tail. He got Sehun’s revenge by finishing him off in front of the whole school which caused the long time trio (Kai, Sehun and Minzy) to transfer schools. Even Lizzy knows that Kai is trying to get stronger by gaining some followers as he is still weaker compared to Junhyung in gang-wise. Even though Kai is stronger than him individually, his gang is still weaker than Junhyung’s gang. Not to mention changing schools meant starting from the very beginning for Kai. And then there is her bestfriend who is dating him. Lizzy is also aware that Nana is not hateful towards Kai anymore even though she had sworn to be a trouble for him. So that was making Sehun not someone from the enemy side but the best friend of Nana’s boyfriend whom Nana probably started to like. So there was no need to restrain herself like how she used to do as she doesn’t have to see Sehun as someone from the enemy side. Sehun was intriguing her, affects her more than she expected. But she was hesitating as he was confused and hesitant too. She decided to let things drift. If there was something bound to happen between them, it would happen anyway.

Lizzy joined Nana who was walking towards their class.

N:”You caught up.”

L:”Yeap. So tell me Nana. Are you excited to see your boy?” she grinned playfully.

Nana glared at her and sighed. “Why would I be? I think you are excited to see Sehun.”

L:”Nope. I don’t care that much. I mean I care but I am not gonna make myself miserable while thinking about him.”

N:”Good. There is no need to think about a guy that much.”

L:”Feminist much?” she laughed and Nana only smiled. “Then I am assuming that you wont give him any present on Valentine’s Day?”

N:”Of course not. Come on Liz. You really expect me to give him anything. You know how much I am against this day.”

L:”I know I know. It is just a day to make people spend money but still you could give him a chocolate.”

N:”I don’t think he would even want that. I am pretty sure he is also against this event.”

L:”How can you be so sure?”

N:”It is Kai we are talking about. I know him enough. Don’t you always say that he is the male version of me? He is similar to me in many ways.”

L:”Of course he is. He is the boy you like after all.”

N:”Liz I swear I will kill you if you say this again.”

L:”Why? Isnt it true?” she was grinning widely seeing Nana’s flustered face.

N:”You! Come here.” She followed behind Lizzy who quickly escaped from her. When Lizzy saw Kai, she stopped in front of him and turned to Nana.

L:”Come here. Lets find out.” She turned to Kai after seeing that Nana arrived at their side.

L:”Nana is planning to buy a present for you.”

K:”Why is that so?” Kai got taken aback. He looked at Nana who was sending daggers at Lizzy.

N:”She is blabbering rubbish. Don’t listen to her.”

L:”Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. What do you think of this day, Kai-shi?”

K:”Hmmm let me see.” He pretended to think. “Nothing.” He said afterwards..

N:”See? I’ve told you. He is not someone who would care about this ridiculous day.”

Kai raised his eyebrow while looking at the two girls before him.

K:”What are you talking about?”

N:”Gosh. It is nothing important actually. I have told Liz that you are like me who wouldn’t give a about this Valentine’s Day.”

K:”So you don’t care?”

N:”Nope. Not at all.”

K:”Good. As expected of my girlfriend.” He smirked. Nana couldn’t help but feel a flutter in her stomach. He was looking handsome as always. Even though she doesn’t want to get nervous around him, she no longer had a control over her heart which seemed to beat faster than normal at the sight of him. She reminded herself that all the guys are s to calm herself down. It was actually really hard for her to trust men after how her father disappointed her.

N:”Anyway, we need to go to class Liz. We are about to be late.” She turned to look at her boyfriend. “And see you later Kai.” She gave a quick peck on his cheek as they were in the hallway which was crowded with students.

 

When they entered their classroom, they got bombarded with hugs from their classmates.

Dongwoon:”I missed you my girls” he said while hugging both Lizzy and Nana. Mir only greeted them while Taemin literally squeezed them by his strong hug.

N:”Tae! We will die.”

T:”I missed you a lot!”

N:”We have seen each other, haven’t we?”

U:”Get off Taemin. You are choking them.” Uee parted them apart and she took the chance to greet her best friend. “How are you doing my babies?”

Lizzy and Nana hugged her warmly by leaving the sulking Taemin alone. Then they have all started talk with each other until the teacher came. Rest of the day went by spending time with friends. Nana was glad that her mind was now distracted with her friends. She was no longer thinking about the problems at home. She determined that she will concentrate on her studies and her friends. She didn’t want to think about her father, at least not at school. She also didn’t see Kai around which made everything better for her as she wasn’t feeling comfortable around him. When she put her head on her pillow, her thoughts, however, drifted to her family problems again.

 

The next was the day our couple has never cared for. When Nana went to cafeteria to have breakfast before classes, she saw that many girls were excited about this day and most of them looked prettier than usual. When Nana spotted Uee at one of the tables, she approached her.

U:”Morning.” Uee greeted her.

N:”Morning.”

U:”Where is Liz?”

N:”Still sleeping.”

U:”As usual.” The girls chuckled because their friend.

N:”Can you believe this?”

U:”What?”

N:”Look at those girls. I cant believe how much they give importance to this day!”

U:”Don’t mind them.”

N:”They even put a lot of effort to prepare at this early hour. I mean there are way many important things in this world other than satisfying the ego of men.”

U:”Let them do whatever they want. Apparently they are happy with it as much as it is pathetic.”

N:”You are right. Gosh I really cant understand my own gender.”

U:”You should have born as a guy. I always say this.”

N:”I know.” She said in deep thought. “Maybe I should. But you think the same.”

U:”Yes I think that it is a way to make people spend money. But still it is a day where you can give a present to your loved one.”

N:”You can always buy a present for them. You don’t need a specific day.”

U:”But you know, some people don’t do it normally. They need a trigger like this.”

N:”Pfft whatever.” She sighed and continued to eat her toast. They tried their very best to ignore the annoying couples around them. Their table got crowded with their friends which made easier to be distracted from their surroundings. Taemin sat down beside Nana.

T:”So where are my chocolates?” he asked sheepishly. Nana rolled her eyes.

U:”Why would we have to buy you chocolate?”

T:”You did last year, didn’t you?”

U:”Can you get more annoying?”

D:”Wow. You are probably the only one who dares to talk like this to Taemin, Yujin-ah.” Dongwoo participated in their talk.

U:”I am not the only one tough. There are others including Nana.”

T:”Yes but Nana doesn’t bash me like that. You are rude to me.”

U:”Are you really sulking because of this?”

T:”No way. I was just joking.” He smirked and winked at Uee. Then he turned to Nana again. “So are you really not gonna give me any chocolate Jin?”

N:”You are really persistent, do you know that?”

T:”So?”

N:”Ok ok, aish.”

D:”What about me?” Dongwoon said.

N:”Oh God, guys, really? Ok ok! We are going to give you chocolate.”

U:”They made a huge deal of this.” Uee said to Nana.

N:”Ikr! I can’t believe this. Like they won’t get presents from their annoying fangirls.”

T:”But it is not the same! You guys are our close friends!”

D:”Exactly.”

U:”And I thought this day belonged to valentines.”

T:”I dont care. We are waiting for our presents.”

Girls shook their head in disbelief. Just then Raina and Sulli came with some pockets on their hands.

R:”Guess what boys?”

D:”Omg! That’s our girl! Thank you Raina!”

S:”Hey I brought chocolates too.”

D:”Thank you Sulli-ah.”

Sulli got a bit embrassed when she was giving the chocolate to Taemin but Taemin didn’t even notice her expression. Guys thanked the girls for the chocolate and they took the presents gladly making other girls sigh in envy. Some of them even dared to glare at them but of course our girls ignored them as usual. Chanyeol was actually watching their table from his table. He didn’t like the sight Sulli giving chocolate to Taemin and the other guys. He noticed that she was nervous when she was interacting with Taemin. He squinted his eyes and continued to glare them until he got interrupted by D.O’s arrival.

DO:”Morning Chanyeol”

Chanyeol got distracted with his voice and looked at them.

C:”Hey mate!” he said dully.

DO:”You are still not in the mood.”

C:”How can I be? Look at these people in here. They are all happy.”

DO:”You should move on and be a happy virus again Chanyeol. This moodiness doesn’t suit you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter