His Return

Our Mutually Hate Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nana shivered under his sudden appearance behind her and his breath that was tickling her neck. She returned to face him and encountered his usual mocking smirk. Even though she has already gotten used to his presence; she couldn’t help but felt nervous as she hasn’t seen him for one week. She looked at his face carefully and noticed that there were almost no bruises left on his handsome face. However, the bandage on the upper side of his eye brow was still there as it was an open wound. She looked down and saw that his broken arm was still bandaged. Kai was watching her examining his body carefully with her eyes and he would be lying if he says that she isn’t looking at him with a worried expression. He didn’t know how to feel about it a he was feeling uneasy and happy at the sight of her caring look.

K:"So wont you answer my question or will you keep staring at me like this? Not that I mind though" he decreased the distance between them as he brought his face closer to hers. Nana realized that she was looking at him carefully without saying anything. She also realized that his face got closer and she felt her heartbeat gotten faster at the sight of his intense staring.

K: "Won’t you utter a word? You have been avoiding me and now you aren’t speaking to me"

N:"I wasn’t avoiding you."

K:"Then why didn’t you come and visit me? Weren’t you worrying about my condition?"

N:"Maybe i don’t care about it right now. You look healthier anyway so there is no need for me to worry about it, right?" she tried to sound indifferently while she was actually trying to calm herself down. She realized that his expression changed and he looked broken for a moment. However, he quickly returned to his usual cold self. She felt really bad and without thinking, she softly touched his injured arm.

N:"Is your arm getting better?" He flinched when she touched him and she thought that she hurt his arm when in fact he was surprised by her caressing.

N:"I am so sorry Kai, i didnt mean to hurt you! i didnt think-"

K:"It is ok. It is not hurting" he cut her words harshlier than he thought. He regretted it after seeing her hurt expression. His expression got softer. While she was looking at him with a slight disappointment, he looked at the notice board above her to see what she was pinning there. She was feeling really uneasy as she got stuck between Kai and the notice board. 

K:"What is this? You were pinning this notice here, right?" She turned slightly backwards to look at the board but she was still in between Kai and the board so she couldn’t turn properly. She wanted to get rid of his closeness as her own uneasiness making angry at herself. *Just go away go away!! Why is he standing so close?!*

N:"It is about the Christmas Party" she explained looking at him. He nodded to show that he understood. He returned his eyes to her.

K:”So finally it is our turn huh? Time is passing quickly for sure.”

The Christmas party has been being organized by the academy stuff and only senior year student were allowed to join it as most of them legally permitted to drink alcohol. It was like a last party as a high school student for them before the Prom Ball so a lot of senior students have been eagerly waiting for this party. Nana was also waiting for this party as she wants to have a great time with all of her school friends. On the other hand, Kai couldn’t care less about the party.

K:"Anyway, did you do your tasks? Did you arrange the meeting with Zico?" he asked in a serious manner making Nana to get herself together as she was really lost.

N:"Yes I arranged it. You can meet him whenever you want."

K:"Good" he smirked. "I hope it wont be another trap for me" he said mockingly. 

N:"Dont worry it wont!" she said angrily.

K:"Dont get angry as you have no right to do so. Tsk." he said bitterly. 

N:"I have every right to get angry at you. But I am not gonna start arguing with you. So if you are finished, I will be going as I have things to do." She looked at him to imply him that he should let her pass as she was still stuck between him and the wall. Kai stepped backwards to allow her to go. When she was about to leave, he grabbed her arm with his healthy hand.

N:"What?" she asked with a tired voice after sighing noisily.

K:"One last thing. I couldnt participate the classes and I’ve missed a lot of lectures. So you will help me to catch up my studies"

N:"What the hell?!"

K:"You will teach me the things that i have missed."

N:"Go ask your own friends! I dont want to study with you"

K:"You are the sole reason why i couldnt come to school. It is your responsibility and no objections!"

She didnt want to argue with him as she didnt want to stay with him any longer. He saw the discontent look in her face and that made him want to corner her.

K:" We should start studying this evening. After the dinner, come to my room"

She couldnt help but felt nervous hearing his last sentence.

N:"I have a quiz tomorrow I need to study for it. This evening is impossible."

K:"You can study for your quiz at the same time. You should only give me the basic instructions; it would be enough as i am a fast learner so dont worry ı wont take your time that much"

N:"ok" she said reluctantly and walked away without saying anything further. 

 

 

L:"So are we studying for the quiz together?" she whispered to Nana as they were in their last lecture.

N:"Liz...I will study in Kai's room"

L:"Kai's room?!" she almost spoke soundly.

N:"Shhht, teacher will hear. Kai asked me to teach him the lectures he missed last week as I am responsible for it. And you know that I have no choice but to do as he say or I will have to deal with his persistency.”

L:”Goshh Nana, aren’t you a persistent person yourself? I am surprised that you gave in this easily. I would expect you to decline him.” She pouted.

N:”I didn’t want to argue with him. You don’t know how much those arguments with him tiring me out. I will briefly explain the things he missed, that’s all. This is the only way I can repay him. And I know what you will say Liz but I caused him serious injuries and I am kinda regretting it. So I will help him.” But she didn’t mention her the slight excitement she was feeling inside about going to his room. She didn’t even accept to herself that she was feeling nervous about studying with him alone in his room. She was constantly trying to suppress those feelings inside her.

L:”Why does this sound suspicious? Anyway do whatever you want! You sold me out to study with him. I don’t need you anyway! Hmph!” she turned her attention to the instructor with a sulking expression. Nana only rolled her eyes and also turned her attention to the lecture.

 

 

The evening came. Sulli was walking in the dormitory hallway to go to her room. She was sipping her cola that was left from her dinner. Suddenly someone grabbed the cola and took it from her hand. She looked up and saw her bully, Park Chanyeol sipping her cola. She rolled her eyes and stepped away ignoring him. Chanyeol saw this and got annoyed. He fastly walked after her and stopped her by grabbing her arm.

C:”Are you ignoring me?”

S:”I don’t want to deal with you, Park Chanyeol. Just go and mind your business. And keep the drink. I don’t want to drink it after you dirtied it with the filthy mouth of yours.”

Chanyeol got surprised at her bitter attack as he has never expected her to confront him with such words. He harshly pulled her arm and pushed her towards the wall.

C:”Filthy mouth of mine huh? Arent you being overly confident today little girl? How about tasting my filthy mouth?” He said and started kissing her. The kiss tasted like cola as both of them drank it. Sulli got really surprised and scared. She didn’t know how to react. Chanyeol, on the other hand, started to enjoy the kiss to his own surprise. He pulled himself and looked at her in a confused manner.

C:”I-I didn’t- I was just-“ his stuttering was cut off with a vigorous slap on his face. He instinctively held his own cheek as it was burning in pain. He saw the look on Sulli’s face and it was the first time he was seeing her this angry and broken.

S:”How can you do this when you have a girlfriend huh? You did many things to bully me but this…this is so humiliating! You are a filthy bastard who has no morals!! I HATE YOU!!”

C:”Sulli wait! I-“ he tried to call out to her but she was already running away from him. He punched the wall felling really angry and regretful. He did something he didn’t expect himself to do and he actually enjoyed it. He didn’t know what to do at the moment. He wanted to clear his mind and he needed fresh air and cigarette for this. He directed himself to the garden. As he was going downstairs, he saw the person he least wanted to see at that moment. (Maybe the second because the first one was Krystal.) While they were coming across to each other, he didn’t slow down, instead, he increased his speed, harshly bumping Nana’s shoulder. The crush made her stumble downwards and caused her to fall few stairs down. She realized she was sitting on the floor with a huge ache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter