Problems and The Depression

Our Mutually Hate Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First days of the holiday was going normal for Nana until her father dropped a bomb which would change their life forever.  Apparently her father went into a big debt because of his huge greed for money. He gave all of their money to some people he hadn’t even met face to face to get much more money in return. Even though they constantly warned him to avoid trouble, he still found another way to get himself into trouble. He even got credit from the banks so his debt was much higher than their whole money which has also gotten wasted in this process. And the most shocking thing for them that he is still in denial for what he did was wrong as he still thought the money would return to him. Many arguments, fights were done to convince him that he got swindled but he insisted on doing what he believed which is the most absurd thing as the way he got swindled was one of the most common way which is known to many people. Nana felt really angry at her father. She has never been close with her father as she always felt that her father doesn’t care about them. Her sister was feeling the same way. So their reactions were bigger than their mother who was apparently calmer compared to them. Most of the holiday went like a hell for the sisters as they have constantly tried to find a solution to their family situation. The huge debt their father had would hit their family sooner or later. The banks were calling their father everyday to ask him the pay the debt or else they would sue him. Their mother was also being called as one of the bank account was also hers. The only solution seemed to the girls was that their mother should divorce their father to avoid his debts which would also require her to pay if she stays married to him. However, that was not an easy solution to her even though the girls argued a lot about this solution with their mother. Nana was feeling suffocated from all of these not to mention she has an important exam waiting for her on June. *Father does not even think about me. How could he do something like this when he clearly knows both of his daughters are still students?! How can he be this irresponsible? And how can he still insist that he didn’t do anything wrong? I hate him!* she was constantly thinking about their future and she ended up cursing her father each time. Her sister had no holiday as she was studying medicine so Nana was responsible for controlling her father who still believed that it was the correct way to gain huge amounts of money and not to mention he was seeking illegal ways to regain his money now. The days passed like hell and Nana almost went insane. There was one week left to start of the spring semester which meant the holiday were almost over. This wasn’t like a holiday for Nana. She wanted for the school start already as she was feeling suffocated at home. She had had enough of her father and her mother. She was feeling so down and desperate that she didn’t even respond to her friends’ calls or texts. Even Kai called her. He also sent some messages that she didn’t care to read. But that day, their doorbell rang. Her mother came to her room and told her that one of her friends is waiting for her at the door. She walked to door thinking that the person who came to her house is probably one of her close friends. But when she arrived at the doorstep, she got shocked to see Kai. She closed the door behind her and pushed him to the garden.

N:”What the hell are you doing here?” she asked with disbelief.

K:”Why? Can I not see my girlfriend?” he said with a slight mock but he was actually surprised to see Nana who had an unwelcoming attitude.

N:”Look Kai. I don’t know what you are trying to do. But please go. I am not in mood to play your games. “ she said with a tired voice.

K:”I am not here to play any game. I called you many times and you didn’t respond any of them. I was just worried.”

N:”Worried?” she scoffed. “You are funny. You made me laugh even in this situation.” She shook her head in disbelief. Kai squinted his eyes in confusion.

K:”What is wrong with you?” he realized that she is deadly serious.

N:”Look Kai. I am already dealing with a lot things. Please don’t add up to my problems by showing yourself in front of my door. You are also a problem for me but I don’t want to deal with you right now because I have more important things to do in my life. So please just go.”

K:”What is the problem? You can tell me you know.”

N:”Please just go. You can’t help me in anyway. And I am starting to get annoyed.”

K:”How can you be so sure that I can’t help you?”

N:”Why would you help me anyway? Don’t joke around. Just go. I am going inside. I am cold.” She said and entered her house without even looking at him once.

Kai looked at her while she was entering her house.

K:”She must be having troubles in her family. Anyway I have tried to approach right? I don’t have to worry about her. It is her life.” He shrugged his shoulders and walked towards his car.

When Nana got inside, she was still in disbelief that Kai showed up in front of her door. *Was I too harsh? No way. And I don’t care. He is also one of the reasons that I am having these problems.* She was really moody that she was blaming everyone especially Kai who actually had no guilt in her family problems.

 

The following days passed by spending time with her close friends who didn’t want to leave her alone. Nana was trying to stay away from everyone because she wasn’t in any mood to show her face to anyone. But her friends Lizzy, Uee and Raina didn’t allow her to stay alone anymore. Her other close friends also came to take her out. On the last Saturday of the holiday, however, the one showed up at her door was someone unexpected. She was alone at home as her mother went to see her lawyer and her father went god knows where. When she opened the door, a smiling Sehun was standing at the doorstep.

S:”Hi Nana.” He said cheerfully. Nana blinked her eyes.

N:”W-what? What are you doing here Sehun? Why is everyone coming to my house one by one?”

S:”I am here to take you out.”

N:”No. I am not going anywhere.”

S:”Gosh Nana. I don’t know what your problem is but it is for sure that you can’t get rid of it by keeping your at your house.”

N:”It is not your business.”

S:”But it is because we are friends, remember?” when he saw that she was still not moving from her place, he sighed. “Come on Jinah. Go and change. I promise that you will have a good time.”

N:”No. Actually I remembered that I was mad at you. You made Liz cry. We will have a talk about that.”

S:”See? We even have a topic to talk about. One more reason for you to come with me. Please Jinah. It is for your own good.”

Nana looked at him hesitantly. But going with Sehun seemed tempting as she was really bored at home. She looked at him and said dully. “Ok. Come inside and wait. I will be ready in 15 minutes.”

S:”YESS!” he said happily. Nana rolled her eyes at him.

 

After Nana locked the door, they started to walk towards a car.

S:”You will not regret this day, I promise.” He chirped. But when they arrived at the car, Nana saw Kai who was waiting in the driver seat.

N:”I am already starting to regret it Sehun.” She looked at Sehun who was escaping his eyes. Kai got out of the car and looked at her.

K:”I know you don’t like me see here but this idiot insisted on this. He wants to get you out of your depression.”

N:”But you are my depression.” She said knowingly.

K:”No I am not. You have family problems. And to get rid of those, you need to move away from your house for a bit.”

Nana pouted a bit but then got into the car making Sehun grin wider. When they all got into the car, she spoke to the boys from the backseat.

N:”So where are you taking me?”

S:”We have all day so wherever you want.

N:”I don’t care though.”

S:”Ok then. Leave that to us.”

 

The rest of the ride went talking about other things. Nana was glad that the boys didn’t question her further about her problems. She was also glad that she wasn’t alone with Kai because she was feeling insecure around him as she acted rude towards him the last time. There was also a strange feeling piling inside of her whenever she looked at him. She ignored the strange feeling and tried to concentrate on what Sehun was talking about.

S:”-Minzy was also worried about you, you know. You cant do this to your friends.”

N:”You don’t have to worry about me. We are not even that close.”

S:”Gosh..Do you have to be that rude? We care about you. Is it that wrong?”

N:”Considering how this is all a game, yes it is wrong.”

K:”Seriously?! You still think that we are pretending to care for you now? Why would we go all the way to your home to take you out then? You are being too much!” Kai couldn’t stand at her bashing at them and burst out.

N:”Are you getting angry now? I have told you right? You are one of my problems.” She continued to bash him as she was also getting angry at the sight of him getting angry.

K:”We shouldn’t have taken her Sehun. Now we have to deal with this ungrateful b-“ he didn’t complete his word as he didn’t want to go any further.

N:”Go ahead and call me .”

K:”But I didn’t.”

N:”You almost did anyway.”

K:”But I didn’t for ’s sake Nana!”

S:”Hey hey calm down bro. You are driving.” He turned behind to look at Nana. “And Nana can you please appreciate this outing with us?”

N:”So you expect me to grateful? Why are you doing this really? To make me indebted to you?”

S:”You are being too much Nana but considering your depression, I won’t respond to you in any bad way.”

Nana didn’t speak any word for the rest of the ride. She only looked out of the window. When the car stopped, she looked at the front.

S:”We are here. This is really a good place to eat delicious desserts!! This will lift your mood up for sure. Come on Jinah.”

They all got out of the car and walked in the café. Kai wasn’t even looking at her. She sat beside Sehun on purpose but Kai seemed nonchalant about it. However, sitting beside Sehun meant sitting across Kai. She couldn’t help but to look at him as he was sitting across her, not to mention he was staring at her.

N:”Are you trying to make me angry?”

K:”No why?”

N:”Don’t look at me”

K:”Cant help it. You are sitting in front of me.” He said with a mocking smirk.

Nana rolled her eyes and took a bite form her chocolate cake.

N:”OMG! This is DAEBAK!” she couldn’t control her emotions as the cake was extremely tasty.

S:”I told you. This place is the best.”

N:”You really know the way which goes to a woman’s heart.”

S:”Girls can’t say no to desserts. Thanks to my cousin, I know this.”

Nana chuckled and continued to eat her cake. Kai was drinking a milkshake while Sehun was drinking a bubble tea.

N:”Yah!” she tried to yank Kai’s hand but was too late as he already took a bite from her cake.

K:”Mhmm, it is really delicious.”

N:”You should have taken permission from me. You even used my fork.” She frowned.

K:”What’s deal big deal with fork? We have kissed many times.” He said shamelessly. Nana got flushed to Kai’s surprise.

S:”He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter