Kris's Birthday

Our Mutually Hate Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After a 20 minutes trip with taxi, the four girls reached Kris’s house. They stepped into the large garden where some people were talking and smoking without giving a damn about the cold weather. Yeah, who cares about the cold weather when you are drinking enough to keep you warm? Girls went directly to the entrance and went inside the huge house, mansion to be exact. Kris was the eldest son of the Wu Cooperation, huge Chinese Company which also has sub companies in Korea, and of course his family was really rich. Kris was a second year university student and he was studying Business Administration. He graduated from SM High School two years ago and he was the legendary leader of the school, he even managed to take many schools under his control. He did not follow a cruel path to make people follow him, instead people followed him. He was a natural born leader and many respected and loved him. When he graduated from the SM Academy, whole school felt depressed to lose such an amazing leader. He entrusted his leader title to a guy who is soon to be 4th year student, even though he wanted Taemin (who was soon to be 3rd year) to be the next leader. He asked Taemin to be the next leader but Taemin declined it since he got changed and he did not want to be in gang things. Therefore he entrusted the leader title to that guy whom he trust the most after Taemin. But that guy’s leadership did not last long since Kai transferred to SM Academy and he defeated him in front of the whole school. Kris heard about all those things about his high school and the new guy named Kai who is gaining a lot of supporters day by day. He did not care about Kai being the next jjang as he knew that Taemin has no intention of becoming the leader. If Taemin doesnot want it, then why should he care? Whoever is the strongest has the right to become the school leader. The only problem he was having about Kai’s leadership is that his brother Wei Tian, who is currently a 1st year student in SM Academy, does not approve Kai and constantly complaining about him to his older brother, Kris. Wei Tian was the leader of the first years but he wasnot strong enough to prevent Kai to become the leader even though he can cause some problems for Kai. He is rooting for Taemin to become the leader but apparently he had no intention of becoming one making Wei Tian to be disappointed in him. Wei Tian hates Kai to the extent that he is trying to make Kai’s sister life miserable who is in the same class with him. Kris was not listening to his younger brother’s complaints since he had no time to deal with his old school’s problems while he had a lot of things to do. He was busy with his studies and the some business work that was given by his father. Even if he finds a little free time, he wouldnot spare this time to his brother’s complaints about school but he hangs out with his girlfriend, Jia. He met Jia at university and they started going out after a 1 year friendship. She was an outgoing and cheerful girl in contrast to Kris’s distant attitude. If it was not for Jia’s friendly manner, he would never initiate the relationship so he was glad that he has found such an amazing girl for himself. Jia arranged this birthday party for him even though he opposed this idea thinking their busy schedule. However, they managed to arrange themselves and Jia played the big part in this as she had more free time than him. They were standing close the door together and greeting the guests who were coming one by one. The girls saw Kris and approached them with big smiles plastered on their faces. Lizzy, Rania and Uee all greeted him warmly and wished him good things for his new age. Nana waited for her turn as she subconsciously left herself as the last person. She was observing Kris and at the same time she was trying to calm herself down. Kris was looking extremely handsome and that was making her old feelings for him awaken. She tried to keep her composure as she saw that it was her turn. Kris looked at her and smiled.

Kris:”Are you just going to stand there Jinah?” Upon hearing her name coming out from his mouth, Nana calmed herself down and stepped towards him while smiling.

N:”Happy birthday Kris-oppa.” They hugged each other in a friendly manner and Nana turned to Jia to greet her too. While they were exchanging few words with each other, new guests appeared at the door so Kris and Jia got distracted to greet them. The girls saw their friends on a couch and they approached them. As Hyuna saw them coming closer, she literally jumped on Nana.

Hyuna:”JINAHHHH”

N:”Woah be easy girl, my earring will tear my ear if you keep hanging on it.” Hyuna turned the other girls and greeted them with warm hugs. Naeun and Nicole also participated in the greeting-each-other session.

N:”Hey there!” she greeted Hyunseung who was standing beside Hyuna and she hugged him too. Hyunseung went to some of his friends’ side after some time since he started to get a headache from all the commotion the girls were creating. The seven girls were excitedly talking with each other and they were using this opportunity to have some time together as they needed this reunion. Lizzy eyed Nana who was joining the conversion but mostly listening in a silent manner.

L:”Jinah, you ok?” she got closer to Nana and put her hand on her shoulder. Nana looked at her and smiled assuringly.

N:”Of course I am”

L:”You seem a bit out of the things. Is it because of Kris-oppa?” Nana turned her head to Kris’s direction and saw him talking with his friends with his girlfriend by his side. She couldnot help but felt depressed since he was his first love and she was watching him being with another girl.

N:”They seem really happy. I am happy that he found a girl who can make him smile this wide.” She smiled for a few seconds while looking at them but that smile disappeared as she started thinking of Kai. *Everyone can find someone they like and they are having happy relationships while I am always the one who is always watching their happiness from a distance. Noone even liked me for real. Now people think that I got a boyfriend. They don’t even know we are faking it. After a whole high school life, I managed to get myself a jerk. *

N:”I think I committed a crime in my previous life.”

L:”What? Why?” Nana realized that she said it out. She continued to speak.

N:”It is just I don’t deserve to be happy in this life.” After saying this sentence, she realized how wrong she sounded. *There a lot of people who are suffering from disabilities, diseases, hunger, wars, poverty and I am here thinking how my love life . Oh God, forgive me.* She shrugged herself from the depressing feelings and decided to enjoy the night.

N:”Don’t mind me!” she grabbed the drink from Liz’s hand and took a sip.”Lets just have fun with our friends.”

-“There you are girls! You came later than I expected.” The girls turned and saw Dongwoon.

Uee:”Well it took a long time to prepare ourselves.”

D:”Yeah girls and their long preparations. I am glad that we decided to go separately.”

Hyuna:”DONGWOONNIE!!” she ran towards him and they hugged each other tightly.

Hyuna:”We haven’t seen each pther for a while. I missed you a lot!”

D:”Yeah me too. And I missed you girls too.” He hugged Naeun and Nicole too.

Nic:”So where are the others? Mir and Taemin?” As the meantion of her ex-boyfriend’s name, Naeun gasped and stopped smiling.

D:”They were chatting with Kris. Taemin was looking for you Nana.”

N:”Ok, I will go and get him here.” As she sat up from her seat and turned to her side, she came across with Taemin.

Tae:”No need, I am already here” He smiled and greeted the girls. After hugging Nicole and Hyuna,  he directly looked at Naeun and examined her from head to toe. *She is looking breathtaking.* Naeun tried so hard to keep her face still but she couldnot do so as she felt Taemin’s eyes were on all of her. She forgot to breath and her heart was about to jump out from her rib cage. She couldnot observe him as she couldnot look at his direction.  When she saw that he started to talk with the other girls, she used this chance to watch him carefully. He was looking extremely handsome and he seemed more grown up. It has been months since the last time she saw him and he seemed calmer and more cheerful. *He got taller and more handsome.* He suddenly looked at Naeun catching her off guard. He approached her with smirk on his face.

Tae:”It seems like you cant take your eyes off me, huh Naeun?” she blushed at his wroks and realized how much she actually missed him calling her name. However, she was determined to be not affected by him.

Naeun:”I wont deny that I was watching you. I just wondered if you really changed as the people say.”

Tae:”Hmm. So what do you think?” he locked his eyes with her eyes and came more closer.

Naeun:”I don’t know. You seem happier.”

Tae:”Of course. I am feeling a lot better compared to the last few years.” Naeun felt bad thinking he had never been happy with him. She felt really upset and uneasy at the same time as he was staring her intensely. Taemin couldnot help himself to touch her so he put some of her hair behind her ear. T:”You look really beautiful…as always.” .her face flushed red after hearing those words from his mouth. She mentally cursed herself feeling extremely nervous before Taemin and she harshly pushed his hand away. She wanted to distance herself from him and rushed herself to go away. She realized that everybody’s eyes were fixed on them like they were watching a TV drama. She scoffed at them and stepped away. Taemin just sighed and turned to his friends.

Tae:”You seem to like the show.”

N:”So you still think she is beautiful huh Taeminnie?” she nudged him playfully.

Tae:”Yes of course. Why not? She is beautiful and it is an obvious fact.” He did not listen his friends’ teasings and just drank his drink with a poker face. The two carefully avoided each other and watched each other from a distance for the rest of the night. The others tried to get them together in the same place but they failed to do so as the ex-couple did not want to be at the same place. Mir was also avoiding Nana but she did not force herself to make up with him. She was not at fault so why should she be the one to apologize? She was already unhappy about the fact that she was going out with Kai so she did not want to think others’ happiness. Nana was preparing herself a drink on one of the tables and she was so concentrated on it that she did not realize that Kris was standing beside her. Kris was looking at her with a small smile on his face. *She gets more beautiful as she grows up. I know she is putting a distance between us because she liked me. But she doesnot need to feel that bad when she is near me. When I learned she liked me, I got surprised for sure. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter