The New Year Party

Our Mutually Hate Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

N:” This place looks awesome!! They decorated it very well!” she said while looking around with excitement.

K:”Yeah. They have done a good job.” He agreed to Nana while also looking around. Some of the students were looking at the couple in awe as they were looking really handsome-beautiful. Not to mention they were looking good together. Some people greeted them and KaiNa couple greeted them back. They sometimes stopped to have chitchat with the ones they are friends with.

-“OMG YOU ARE FINALLY HERE!” They heard a familiar voice. They turned around to see who it was and it was Minzy who was coming towards them with Kyungsoo.

K:”So in the end, you came together.” Kai sheepishly smiled at them.

Minzy and Kyungsoo looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

D.O:”Yeah, it seems so.”

M:”I wish he could have some other girl to bring to this party. He is stuck with me.” She said with a guilty tone and a pouty face.

D:”Hey hey, I am not thinking like this ok? I am happy that I came with you Minz. You are really important to me after all. I have so much fun when I am with you.”

M:”But I kinda feel that you felt obligatory to bring me because I wanted to come. I still have one more year to graduate so I will attend my party next year.”

K:”But you wanted to come to our party because you wanted to have fun with us, right? So there is no need to feel ashamed or regretful. I would have brought you no matter what if it wasn’t for Kyungsoo.” Kai said while putting his arm around her shoulders.

M:”Thanks guys. I love you.” She hugged both of the guys while Nana was only watching their intimate friendship moment. She kinda envied Minzy as she was getting this much love and attention from her friends especially from Kai. That devil was really polite and nice to Minzy and it was hard to believe that he is the same person who was making her life miserable. They hate each other for sure but at least he should have treated her better as she is also a girl. But she wasn’t a girl in his eyes like Minzy was; she was just a tool that he was using, toying with. The more she watched them in envy the more she got angry at them. She was burning in anger for no reason that she didn’t even hear Minzy’s talking.

M:”Hey Nana, are you listening?” she lightly touched Nana’s shoulder to get her out of her thoughts. Nana looked at her with an annoyed expression for a moment then she felt stupid after seeing her shocked expression.

M:”N-nana are you ok?” Nana saw how considerate and how nice she is being to her. She felt ashamed for getting angry at her for a moment. Minzy had no guilt after all. She didn’t even know how Kai treats her and how he is forcing her to go out with him. She has been friends with them since she was in her diapers. She was always the only one that they cared with so much interest. She was like their little sister. Is not Nana also the same to Taemin or the others? Nana is also a sweetheart to Taemin like Minzy is to Kai. There was no need for her to feel uneasy about the attention Minzy was getting from Kai. Why was she even feeling uneasy about this in the first place? She disregarded these thoughts and focus on the girl who was waiting for an answer. She smiled at her from the bottom of her heart.

N:”I am ok. I am sorry, I was thinking something else that I didn’t listen you.” She said with an assuring smile completely ignoring Kai’s suspicious looks. He was looking at her with squinted eyes, probably thinking what was wrong with her.

 K:”Yeap, she is quite weird today. She has been thinking since I have taken her from her house. I don’t know the reason though. Really, what is your problem, dear?” Kai asked with a fake sincere voice. She looked at his face and saw the mocking look on his damn face.

M:”Is something bothering you?”

*Yeap, your friend is bothering me. And you have no idea how much.* she thought instead of voicing her thoughts.

N:”No nothing is wrong. It was just I was thinking something else.”

K:”What are you thinking? It is obvious something is bothering you.” He continued to corner her which annoyed the hell out of her.

N:”Cant I think something? Why are you making a deal of this, really?” she said with an irritated voice.

K:”You are the one who is making a deal right now! Why are you even getting angry?”

M:”It is ok Jongin. Don’t force her.” She said understandingly. Nana thought that she wasn’t angry anymore but seeing Minzy being understanding to her made her think that Minzy was probably forcing herself not to bother the problematic girl, not to disrupt the mood of the party.

N:”I am ok though. I am not even close to being angry.” Nana said with an expression which was telling the otherwise.

K:”Really? Your expression says the otherwise.”

N:”Just don’t extend this.” She said with a tired voice. Kyungsoo was watching them with a concerned expression. Nana was angry, that’s for sure but the way Kai and Minzy were forcing her to tell them what happened was only making her angrier. He stepped into the conversation.

D:” By the way Jinah, you look really pretty.” He said to change the topic and she was indeed beautiful. Kyungsoo’s sudden statement made Kai surprised.

N:”Thanks Kyungsoo, you look really good too.” She smiled at the cute boy who succeeded in making her happy and forget the annoyance piling inside of her.

M:”Arent you guys hot? Take off you coats already. And I am wondering your dress Nana.” She said happily completely forgetting Nana was a bit mad at her second ago.

Nana and Kai took off their coats. Kai got completely dazed by her beauty. Her black dress fit her curvy perfect body and completed her beauty.

HER DRESS

 As Kai was examining her beauty, Nana did not look at him; instead she went towards check room where she can drop her coat. She saw Sehun and Daeun in the line waiting for their turn to give their coats. When she entered the line after them, Sehun saw her and greeted her with a wide smile.

S:”Hi Nana.”

N:”Hi Sehun, hi Daeun” she didn’t skip to greet Daeun who was also smiling at her.

D:”Hi Nana. Your dress is sooo beautiful.”

N:”Thank you. Yours is beautiful too.”

S:”With these beautiful dresses, you girls are adding up to your beauty.”

The girls chuckled at his statement.

N:”I must say you look really good Sehun.”

S:”Thanks. But you look astonishing.”

N:”Goshh, don’t exaggerate please.” She playfully hit his shoulder.

K:”Yes don’t exaggerate Sehun.” Kai said sarcastically. Nana looked behind and saw Kai who was after her in the line. Nana only rolled her eyes and turned her front to face Sehun.

S:”Why? I think she is the most beautiful girl here.” He turned to Daeun who seemed to agree with him. “Don’t get hurt Dani but she is apparently the most beautiful, right?”

D:”Yeap, you are indeed beautiful Nana, really.”

N:”Thank you guys.” Nana smiled at them nicely but her smile faded when she heard Kai’s mocking voice.

K:”You really think so? I think you are exaggerating.”

S:”So you think there are more beautiful girls than your girlfriend.”

K:”Maybe. At least there will be.”

Nana got really frustrated by his hurtful words. At first she didn’t want to argue back but she couldn’t hold back any longer.

N:”Who do you think is the most beautiful then, Kai?” she asked with a clenched jaw.

K:”Hmmm, I don’t know.” He continued to make her angry. He liked that she was getting angry from this kind of thing. “Are you getting angry my love?” he asked as he wrapped his arm around her waist behind. Nana showed clear annoyance by his behavior.

N:”Why would I get angry? Bull!” she said with a clear angry tone.

Kai’s smirk got wider, he got delighted by making her angry this easy. “So you are getting angry just because I don’t think you are the most beautiful huh, Jinah?” he whispered to her ear. After hearing his last mocking question, Nana saved herself from his arm and got out of the line.

N:”Drop my coat too. I am gonna meet my friends.” She said. She harshly gave her coat to Kai and walked away from him with big-quick steps, leaving the surprised trio.

S:”You made her angry.”

K:”It seems so.” He bit his lips while smirking playfully.

 

 Nana approached her friends who were talking with full of cheer.

N:”Guys!!!” she shouted and hugged Uee.

U:”Easy girl. Let me look at your dress.” Nana stepped behind and showed them her dress and made half turns to show it fully.

R:”Omg it is beautiful!”

U:”Yeah, your dress looks so good Jinah.”

N:”Yours are really beautiful too. You look really really really beautiful my girls.” She hugged them at the same time.

D:”God, aren’t these our girls? They look beautiful as always.” Dongwoon approached them and made thumps up. He hugged the girls one by one. Mir also came near to them with Taemin, greeted the girls and made a quick bow to Nana. Nana got surprised at this development and smiled at him. Taemin and the others saw the little interaction between the two friends who haven’t spoken to each other since the beginning of the semester and this interaction made them grin. Nana looked at Taemin who was smiling sheepishly.

N:”What are you grinning like an idiot for?” she approached him and pinched his both cheeks.

T:”Ughmm..aish..dont pinch my cheeks.” He kindly grabbed her wrists and pushed away her arms. “If I pinch your cheeks, you always complain, right? So don’t pout” he said seeing her pouty face. He took her hands and looked at her. “Wow, you look breathtaking Jinah.”

N:”Hmm you look ok.” She .

T:”Yah!”

N:”I am joking dude, of course you look handsome!!”

U:”Gosh please stop this nonsense. You are just making your fans crazier.” she interrupted Taemin and Nana’s goofing about their appearances. “By the way where is Lizzy?”

N:”She texted me that she will be here in 5 minutes.”

R:”I really wonder whom she is coming with!” she said in an excited way.

U:”Well, I wonder that too. Considering how she hid him well, he must be handsome.”

N:”We will see in a few minutes!”

Nana went into conversation with her friends and this made her forget about Kai and his insulting. She was really mad at him but she didn’t know the reason well. She doesn’t care about him so she shouldn’t care about his idea about her, right? But she was mad as hell and trying to find out the real reason for this made her mind tired so she decided to ignore him at all cost for the rest of the night. However, this would apparently be harder than she thought as she saw that Kai was looking at her afar with a deep look. She rolled her eyes at him and turned to their conversation.

Kai saw her irritated look and this didn’t make him happy anymore. She got angrier more than he thought as he never thought that she would care this much about his comment on her beauty. He was teasing her and she should have known that he was saying all those things on purpose. But then again, how would she know that he was just joking around when he has never spoken any good word to her. *I didn’t think that she would believe pr care what I said. Why did she affect this much from my words? I didn’t want to make her upset; especially not when I am thinking the opposite. She is indeed the most beautiful girl in here.*  he thought but did not share these thoughts with anyone else. Since his girlfriend was with her friends, he decided to not to follow her around and stick with his own friends. After dropping their coats, Sehun, Daeun and Kai went to Minzy and Kyungsoo’s side who already started drinking. They also joined them and poured some drink for themselves. While they were laughing and talking stuff, Minzy suddenly stopped and her jaw dropped with a sight that Kai did not see.

M:”OMG! Isnt that Lizzy?” she said with a shocked expression while pointing towards the door. The others also turned to see what she was seeing. Kai looked at Sehun after seeing Lizzy came with another man by linking arms.

S:”W-what?” Sehun could only speak one word with a weak voice. He has gotten upset and shocked at the sight of the girl whom he likes coming with another boy.

K:”Who the hell is he?”

M:”He is the Chinese transfer student, Luhan.”

K:”Chinese transfer student? Do our school accept transfer student from abroad?”

M:”Of course. And many people know about him…especially girls, right Daeun?”

D:”Yeap. But I have never had any chance to meet him personally.”

M:”Actually, I already met him. He is actually a nice guy. But I am surprised to see Lizzy coming with him to party.”

D:”I thought she wasn’t coming with anyone.”

K:”She hid this very well, huh?”

D.O:”I think she had to hide it.” He said throwing meaningful look to Sehun who was currently in a trance. Daeun patted his back.

D:”Sehun, are you ok? You don’t seem well.”

M:”Sehunnie, can you please speak, you are scaring us.” She said while looking worriedly at her cousin. Sehun turned to them with furrowed eyebrows.

S:”I cant believe this!”

M:”Why cant you believe that? You came with someone else. It is her right to come with someone else too like is said before.”

S:”Just don’t talk like this Minz.”

M:”Why-“ she was ready to defend Lizzy at any cost as she was also a woman but Kai interrupted her.

K:”Minzy, you are making him angrier. He is already upset” Minzy looked at her cousin and saw the pain in his eyes. She went to hug him feeling regretful but he pushed her away and walked away without speaking anything. Minzy tried to go after him but stopped by D.O.

D.O:”Just let him go. He needs to cool his head.”

K:”He didn’t direct himself towards them so it is ok, he wont do something to harm that Chinese guy.”

D:”But he seems really troubled.”

D.O:”Let us do the talk with him.”

K:”Yeah, you girls tend to take that girl’s side. We will talk with him. Don’t worry.”

M:”Ok. Please make him feel better. I am sure that Lizzy came with Luhan as friends.”

K:”Let’s hope so.” He said and walked towards where Sehun walked. Kyungsoo followed him after shrugging his shoulders.

 

 

T:”Hey Liz, we are over here!!” Taemin shouted off after seeing Lizzy. She saw her friends and walked towards them with Luhan.

L:”Come with me Luhanie. I will introduce you to my friends. They are really nice people; I bet you will love them.” Luhan nodded his head uneasily as he was feeling slightly nervous meeting her close friends at all once.

N:”Omg, girl you look amazing and y!!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter