Kai's Birthday Party

Our Mutually Hate Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nana was preparing for her boyfriend's birthday party without feeling any indolence or any bad feelings as she was constantly thinking about the person who called yesterday. She has never thought that one day she would give a present which was prepared by her long-time crush to her boyfriend. Yes, the caller was Kris. Nana was happy that he called her because there was some awkwardness between them for the last two years but his calling her means that he still considers her as a close friend. Nana was grateful for that. She was always feeling a bit guilty because she had been avoiding him because of her platonic love for him got revealed. But inside she knew that she was being unfair to him as he has been always kind to her. She felt happy that she regained his trust and friendship. She never felt regretful loving him as he was a lovable nice person but she felt sad when she thought that she was losing his friendship. However, it seems that it was not the case. Kris still called her and provide a really good opportunity for her to give Kai as a present. Normally she wouldnt even invite Kai for this event but she was sure that Kai would like it so she wanted to give this present to him. She wanted to see his and his friends' shocked face. *They will see how awesome girlfriend i am* She had a satisfied smirk on her face when she was doing her make-up. She carefully applied her make-up and completed her preparation.

.

She looked at her phone and saw messages from Kai. They were generally about where the hell she was as she was late but of course she couldnot care less. She picked the presents she prepared for him and went out from her part of the room. She saw Lizzy in their room's common area.

L:”You ready for the party?” she said with a crazy voice.

N:”Gosh Liz WTF?” she laughed at her friend's silliness.

L:”Anyway you look beautiful. I think with the presents and the surprise you got for him, he will definitely fall for you. Not to mention you are so y that he would want to keep you for the rest of the night.”

N:”Not possible. Even if he would dare to do something to me, there is a surprise waiting for him down there.”

L:”Awww how unlucky couple you are. You are on period, aren't ya?”

N:”Aish no need to extend this joke too far. It is getting disgusting.”

L:”Anyway, one last thing.”

N:”What is it?”

L:”If you ever see Sehun flirting with some girl, them!”

N:”You are sooo cute” she pinched Lizzy's cheeks and continued to speak. “I think you should have come Liz. Minzy invited you.”

L:”No way that I would come to your evil boyfriend's birthday!”

N:”But you are leaving me alone”

L:”It is not like your first time being alone with him and his friends. And not to mention that you slept with him.”

N:”Dont make it sound like I had with him.”

U:”I think when you have the chance, you should do it with him” they returned to the voice and saw Uee who has just entered the room.

N:”And why should that be?”

U:”Cuz he is hot and you want him.”

N:”No I dont. And I thinks you are forgetting that he is just a fake boyfriend who I hate a lot.”

U:”I dont think you hate him anymore. And even if he is just a fake boyfriend, it doesnt matter for just making out. Just do it while you are young and wild.”

N:”I wont do anything with him Yujin just stop it already. You are talking like he has been waiting for me to have with him. He doesnt look at me in that way.”

U:”But didnt you tell me that he looked at your s.” she raised her eyebrow questioningly.

L:”What? He looked at your s?!” Lizzy got surprised as she did not hear about it.

N:”GOD! Dont make me regret that I told you this Yujin. He just looked and didn't we agree with the fact that guys like s no matter what!? We girls can even look at the other girls' s so there is nothing to exaggerate.”

U:”Ok ok whatever girl. Just go already”

L:”Yeah you are super late for the party.”

Nana looked at the time and realized that she is indeed really late.

N:”Ok girls I am going!!”

U:”Dont come back tonight” she shouted behind her and laughed after seeing Nana's one last furious look she gave to her while walking away in a hurry.

 

When the taxi Nana caught in front of the school, arrived at Kai's house, she paid the money to the driver and got off after thanking him. She didnt have a hard time to tell the instructions to the driver as Kai has already sent her the location of his house. She stood in the front gate of the garden and called him.

N:”Kai, I am at the front gate.”

K:”Finally arrived. Ok I am going to open the gate from here. I'll be waiting for you at the house door.”

N:”Ok” she said. She got surprised that she felt a little stir inside after hearing his husky voice. She cant be feeling nervous right? Afterall she didnt even bother celebrating that bastard's birthday today. They have texted each other for a few times regarding the birthday party and those texts were only based on how they should act in this event as lots of people's eyes would be on them. Not to mention she will be introduced to many of his friends that she has never seen. While she was walking on the path towards to the front door, she was thinking why she was feeling nervous. *Why should I be feeling nervous? If people dont like me or speak ill of me, I dont care. It is not like I am his real girlfriend. I can even act like a bad girlfriend just to embarrass that bastard to get a revenge. But I have prepared for this a lot. Even though he would be embarrassed, I would be embarrassed too. I have a self respect. I should act normally.*  After thinking for a while, she concluded that she was feeling a bit nervous due to the fact that she will meet many people and will have to act in front of all those people. When she got close to the door, she saw Kai who is waiting at the dooryard. Nana unintentionally realized that he was looking extremely handsome (and y as hell with his styled dark hair) but she shooed away these thoughts away. Kai was looking at her with squinted eyes and at the same time, he was inhaling his cigarette. He took few steps towards her while looking at her from head to toe.

K:”Why did you take this much time to get here? Unfortunately many people in here are waiting impatiently to meet you and you arrive here late which I am sure that you did on a purpose.”

N:”Yeah, you cant expect me to come here flying here right. I have prepared in my slowest possible pace so that I would be seeing your face less for the rest of the night.”

Kai snorted and continued to smoke his cigarette while looking at her. Nana felt a little bit weak under his intense gaze but tried not to show it. Kai looked at the bags she is carrying and smirked.

K:”So you prepared presents for me huh?”

N:”Of course. I should do my role properly right?” she looked at his cigarette and his face. “Anyway are we going to wait here? It is cold, I want to get inside.”

K:”Just wait a little bit. I am trying to finish my cigarette.”

N:”Why dont you continue inside? It is your house afterall”

K:”Because noone is allowed to smoke cigarette in the house. If father finds out..” he suddenly stopped realising what he blurted. He just gave her a card to play against him.

N:”So your father doesnt know that you are smoking. Nice.” she smirked while getting closer to him. She took his cigarette and put it out on the side wall. “Then we wouldnt want him to find out it, would we?” Kai got angry because of her attitude but didnt do anything. They intensely looked at each other but their staring battle got interrupted by a familiar voice.

M:”OMG NANA YOU FINALLY ARRIVED!” Minzy ran towards her and hugged her tightly. “What are you guys doing here? Get inside. Everyone is waiting for you Nana.” she tried to pull Nana inside but Kai stopped them.

K:”Can you let us speak for a while Minz?”

M”U-uh ok. Dont be late!” she said with a wide grin and got inside after winking at Nana.

Kai returned to Nana and pulled her closer.

K:”So wont you celebrate my birthday my love?” he pulled her into his embrace and buried his face in her neck. His heated breath washed over her chest. His voice sweetly gripped her heart. She gulped down while standing there having no idea what to do. Kai raised his head only to see her nervous expression.

K:”What? Are you getting nervous Nana?” he smirked and put his finger under her chin. He raised her chin to make her look at him as she was escaping her eyes. But that move angered her and the rage piling inside her towards him took control over her. She regained her control and grabbed his hand to pull him towards herself.

N:”Happy birthday bastard. I wish you weren't born to this world.” she said while looking at him with eyes filled with anger. Kai didnt like her wish and furrowed his eyebrows while clenching his jaw. They again started their staring contest and looked at each other discontentedly.

K:”Anyway. Dont forget to act like a proper girlfriend. We will need to hug and kiss in front of all of my friends so be careful of your attitude and words towards me.”

N:”Dont you worry my love. I know what to do.” she pecked his cheek and went inside.

 

When they came inside, lots of people's attention turned to them. Kai introduced Nana to each of his friends and Nana nicely talked all of them. She got many complements from his friends as she was looking really beautiful which was also an obvious fact that Kai admitted. One hour after she had arrived, Kai realized that she already got familiar with all those people in the party. He again felt kind of uncomfortable as it seems like everyone has taken a liking to his girlfriend. Especially Baekhyun and Sehun were constantly hanging around her and talking with her. Minzy (being the organizer herself) was taking care of all the people in the house so she did not have much chance to hang out with Nana as much as she wanted. However, Nana was happy with Baekhyun and Sehun with whom she laughed a lot.

B:”Nana I dont even know what to feel about you. Sometimes I think that I shouldnot be talking to you because you know, my best friend hates you but girl, you are one amazing girl.” Baekhyun told her amidst their laughing session.

S:”Even though Chanyeol is our friend, it doesnt change the fact that he is a jerk, Baek. After what he did to Krystal, I dont know If I would be the same with him anymore. And his breaking up with Krystal has nothing to do with Nana.”

B:”I know I know but still I miss him. You know he should have been here with us. If only he got along with Nana then he would be here with us.”

K:”But apparently this is not the case right? Stop talking about him.” Kai came near them with a girl Nana had never seen. When Sehun saw the girl, his face brightened up and hugged her.

S:”Seulgi!! You came!! I thought that you would not be able to make it!”

Seulgi:”There was no way that I would miss this event.” she laughed wholeheartedly and hugged Baekhyun too. “God, I cant believe that I missed even you Bacon.” she said playfully making Baekhyun sulk childishly. They continued to joke around for a while. Nana watched their close interactions and wondered who she is. Her curiosity about this girl who seemed to comfortably joke around with them increased especially after when she saw how Kai was laughing at her jokes about Baekhyun. When they had their reunion moment, she suddenly retuned to Nana and caught her hands. Nana got caught off guard and looked at her with wide eyes.

Seulgi:”Sorry for this silliness. Apparently we will never change. But girl I have been deadly curious about you. I am Seulgi, all of these kids' old friend. I couldnot believe that our Kkamjong has gotten himself a girlfriend so I wanted to see you in real life.”

K:”Yah! Dont use that word! We are not children anymore! Bear!” he tried to be serious while scolding her but couldnt manage it and smiled sheepishly.

On the other hand, Nana had never thought that she would be seeing this side of Kai. Kai 'the always serious bastard' had just acted like a little kid. Seulgi only made a funny face to him and returned to Nana again who seemed to have a really confused face.

Seulgi:”Gosh I am sorry again. We are so childish arent we?”

B:”you are the one who is childish Seulgi.”

Seulgi:”Shut up Bacon.”

B:”Bear!”

Seulgi:”Bacon!”

B:”Bear!”

Seulgi:”Bacon!”...

While their childish bickering was going on, Minzy came with full of excitement and saved Nana from the awkward situation she was in because apparently her hands were still being kept by Seulgi who was having a battle of childish words with Baekhyun.

M:”Guys!! What are you doing?! Chaerin unnie and Jiyong oppa came. So it is time for the cake!!” she took Kai and Nana and pulled them with her.

 

After seeing Chaerin, Nana's face got brightened up. She went to her and hugged her and the older one also hugged her tightly.

C:”Oh girl I missed you.”

N:”I missed you too unnie.”

C:”So are you ready to meet my fiancee?” she took her to a guy who was few steps away from them. “So this is my fiancee Jiyoung. Dear, this is Jinah, Kai's girlfriend.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter