A Nice Day at Work

Crimson Kiss

A week passed and everything and Sungmin easily adjusted to the small clinic. Suddenly, all calm air went away; there was an explosion.

The clinic was packed with injured and hysteric people shouting all over the place. All nurses and doctors ran frantically trying to look after as many patients as possible. Sungmin and Kyuhyun were in the operating room with a four year –old, whose ribs had punctured his heart; he was in critical condition.

Sungmin was fully concentrated as he carefully removed the rib from the heart, and immediately used his finger to cover the bleeding.

“Alright! It’s out! Give me more blood and pass me the scalpel!” Sungmin shouted.

Kyuhyun immediately gave him the instruments while another nurse wiped the sweat off Sungmin’s forehead. They were losing the boy, and there was nothing they could do. Without the others noticing, Kyuhyun placed his hand on the boy and used his power. Suddenly, the boy’s vitals went back to normal and the bleeding stopped. Sungmin quickly proceeded to do the surgery.

After two more hours, everyone walked out of the tense room full of relief. Sungmin and Kyuhyun finished cleaning after themselves and had already changed.

“Oh, thank God the boy didn’t die!” Kyuhyun exhaled.

“Deh. Even though his right atrium may not work anymore, the rest of his heart is completely functional. But he will have to live with precaution” Sungmin sighed.

“Aigoo! Why do you seem so depressed? Because of you, we saved a life!” Kyuhyun patted him on the back. “Well…even though I was the one who actually helped...”

Sungmin let his head down in embarrassment, “Ani. I’m very grateful for your help! I’m still so surprised at what happened back there though. That kid was about to die, and boom! He is totally fine! It’s a miracle”

“Deh. A miracle. But you were there to perform the surgery. That boy would have died if it wasn’t for you!” Kyuhyun nodded while he looked away.

“Ani! I didn’t do much…” Sungmin laughed nervously.

“A chi cha! Don’t be so modest Sungmin! You are a great surgeon!” Kyuhyun smiled and gave him the thumbs up.

Sungmin blushed, “I’m no…”

“Guys! Hurry! We have a boy with a fracture on his femoral region!” Ryeowook rushed in. Sungmin and Kyuhyun looked at each other and ran out.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

*Meanwhile- in Changmin’s new job*

[A/N I know it’s been a while, but remember how he had a week before he works. Well…it’s been a week^^]

Changmin nervously adjusted his tie one last time. That morning, Kyuhyun was called into the clinic at 5 am because of an explosion at a store. He didn’t want Kyuhyun to go, but knew it was his duty, so the person who gave him the nice pep talk before going to work was: Heechul.

“Just go there, talk like a , smile, and try not to any of your students” Heechul smiled and patted Changmin’s back once he put his tie on.

Now, Changmin walked towards the classroom with the same number as his paper. Room 018. Once he stood in front of the dark metal door, he breathed in slowly. With a shaking hand, he opened the doorknob and walked inside.

Students were sitting on their desks writing something, but as soon as Changmin walked inside, they all looked up with curiosity.

Mrs. Seo was standing in front of the class and smiled when Changmin walked in.

“Welcome Mr. Jung” she shook his hand and turned to the class again, “Class, this is your new World History teacher, Mr. Jung Changmin, please give him a warm welcome”

Changmin smiled and bowed to the class, “Pleased to meet you all. I am Mr. Jung; I hope we all have a great time!”

“Alright then, they are all yours Mr. Jung” Mrs. Seo smiled and walked out.

Changmin then nervously faced his students. According to the lesson plan, they should be studying the Dark Ages. He looked at each of the students’ faces, carefully examining them. Then, Changmin sensed something familiar. A vampire. He immediately turned to a boy sitting at the very back; he was pretty feminine, but had fierce eyes. The boy’s eyes widened when he realized Changmin is a vampire as well.

“All right class, what assignment are you doing right now?” Changmin asked as he dismissed his little staring contest with the vampire boy.

A girl sitting in the front row picked up her hand.

“Deh. What is your name, and please tell me your assignment”

“Annyeonghaseo. My name is Kim Taeyeon, class president. Mrs. Seo told us to write an essay where we talk about ourselves as an assignment”

“Deh. Ghamsamnida Ms. Kim. Well, I’m sure you guys wont mind if I ask that you guys do that for homework and turn that in by the end of this week”

The students nodded in acknowledgment. Changmin smiled, “Well then, I suppose you guys briefly went over the Dark Ages with your temporary teacher, am I right?”

“Deh!” the students answered.

“Well then, in order for me to have an idea of where you’re at. I will give you guys as an assignment a project. You will have two weeks to complete it and in it you will give me information about a topic during the Dark Ages. You may choose a disease, event, myth, belief or anything and tell me about it. There are not specifics as to how this should be done, that is up to you”

The students smiled and started whispering to each other excitedly.

“All right then. It will take me a while to learn all your names, so please, every time I address you, I will ask you to say your name. I will hand out a sheet, where you shall write your name and next to it, write your topic”

Changmin placed a blank sheet of paper on the first desk and the student immediately began to write.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After a few more hours of looking after patients, Sungmin and Kyuhyun finally took a break after their forced lunch hour. Since they were so busy, they had missed their actual lunch break, but Ryeowook forced them to finally rest.

“Aigoo. I’m glad Ryeowook dragged us out. One more surgery and I think I would have to be the one on the gurney next!” Sungmin chuckled.

“Deh. But I’m glad that there was no severe injuries” Kyuhyun smiled.

“Deh! But seriously, you are some miracle worker Kyuhyun! Every time you looked after a patient, that person was suddenly fine! It’s like magic!” Sungmin said in complete amusement.

Kyuhyun nodded nervously. “. I have to be more careful when I use my powers…”

“I’m very glad to be part of this clinic. It makes me so excited, but I wish Umma was here…” Sungmin said sadly.

“Oh?” Kyuhyun said confused, “I do remember him saying she was excited. Why is he talking in past tense?”

“Oh, well. When I was twelve, my Umma died. My aunt adopted me, and after the years I started calling her Umma.”

Kyuhyun looked at him with sad eyes, “Aigoo. Miahne, I had no idea. Well, I completely understand how you fell”

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun with a confused face.

Kyuhyun sadly smiled, “My Umma was murdered a few months ago, so I know how it feels to lose her”

“Omo! That is horrible!” Sungmin gasped, “If I may ask, what happened?”

Oh, well a ing messed up vampire the life out of her” “She was…stabbed…in the neck…during a robbery…”

“Oh, how terrible! I’m so sorry to hear that!” Sungmin said empathetically.

“Well, I’m fine now. I have received lots of support!”

“That’s great. I’m sure you and your Appa must be going through a lot recently” Sungmin said

Kyuhyun got stiff, “Ummm…my Appa. He is not with me…he...he is gone”

“Omo! I seriously blew it this time! How horrible….both parents dead” Sungmin said in the brink of tears.

“Ani! He isn’t dead…he...he just left” Kyuhyun said while looking at the ground. Sungmin gasped and placed his hand on Kyuhyun’s back as he patted him.

“My Appa left three days after Umma’s death. So, trust me. I know how it feels”

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin in shock. “We both have the same kind of sad experiences…”

“Deh. I came here for a fresh start. My Umma, Suzy, was born here and ever since I lived with her I wanted to come to this great place she always talked about. So I’m glad to be here and have met you. Who would have known that we actually have a lot in common” Sungmin smiled.

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded, “Deh. I’m glad to have met you and to have you as my new friend Sungmin”

Sungmin gasped, “New friend? Chincha?”

“Of course!”

“Wah!” Sungmin clapped as he smiled.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

As soon as everyone wrote their topic, Changmin got his paper back. He quickly went to the last name to see vampire boy’s name.

Name: Lee Taemin

Topic: Vampires

Changmin chuckled. “Yep. This Taemin kid is one of us. I wonder what clan he’s from.”

After an hour of Changmin giving lecture on the Dark Ages, everyone went to their lunch break. Changmin grabbed the boxed lunch Jaejoong prepared for him and walked into the Teacher’s Room.

“Well just perfect. Everyone has someone to sit with…where the heck can I sit?” Changmin thought as he scanned the room.

“Hey, come here!” a tall man shouted from one of the tables. He was sitting alone with a huge bowl of pasta in front of him.  Changmin smiled and walked towards him.

“Annyeonghaseo, I am Jung Changmin” Changmin bowed

“Oh, don’t be so formal. Everyone and their mother know who you are at this school! My name is Lee Minho, by the way! I am the Health teacher, as well as the coach for our soccer team.”

“Oh! Wow, it’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Lee” Changmin sat down.

“Aigoo! Don’t call me Mr. Lee. Just call me Minho. I’ll call you Changmin” Minho patted Changmin on the back with quite some strength. “This guy…there is something about him that…”

“Are you a vampire as well?” Minho whispered

Changmin’s eyes widened, “Eh?! Uh…I….”

“Don’t worry. My brother and I are both vampires here. The only ones so far, well, with you of course”

“Oh! Deh...I’m a vampire….”

“I knew it from the day I saw you first talk to Seohyun” Minho took a bite of his pasta.

“Seohyun?”

“Oh, you probably know her as Mrs. Seo. She is human but she knows about Taemin and me”

“Oh, ok…” Changmin nodded, “Wait…Taemin? Isn’t he…in my class?”

“Deh. That’s my brother! He is really quiet, and extremely shy. So don’t feel weird if he suddenly pops in your classroom. He loves social studies, so he tends to hang out with the teachers a lot. Actually, now that I think about it. He might be eating in your class right now. I was actually going to ask you if it’s ok for you to stay there and eat with him. Meanwhile I will stay here and flirt with the new gymnastics coach” Minho said as he turned to a red-head and winked at her.

“Oh, of course!” Changmin smiled

“Ah, Ghamsamnida! This little brother of mine needs a better vampire influence than me.”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After a long day of work, Changmin drove up to the clinic where Kyuhyun works at to pick him up. As expected, Kyuhyun stood in front of the clinic with his blue scrubs while he talked to a few staff members.

“Kyu!” Changmin waved

“Minnie! Alright guys, good job today, see you tomorrow! Goodbye Sungmin!” Kyuhyun waved goodbye as he walked towards Changmin and hugged him.

“How is Mr. y Nurse?”

“I’m not y, and I’m fine. How is my Mr. y Teacher?”

“Heh. Unlike you, I’m not modest. And Mr. y Teacher is freaking hot!”

Kyuhyun giggled and gave Changmin a quick kiss before opening the door for the car. Changmin stood there pouting.

“No more for Mr. y Teacher?”

“Ani. Mr. y Nurse is tired and wants to go home. So no kisses until we reach home”

“Arasso” Changmin ran to the driver’s seat and pressed the gas.

As soon as they arrived and got out of the car, Changmin attacked Kyuhyun’s lips with his. They both locked into a deep kiss that made their bodies hot. After while, they broke the kiss apart.

“Whoa! What was that?” Kyuhyun said panting.

“A little medicine for the soul” Changmin winked. Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head.

“This whole teacher thing sure is doing great things with you!”

“Aigoo…but its tiring…there is so many students…and then there’s grading…”

“Aish. Don’t complain. We had lots of patients today thanks to the explosion”

“Oh yeah! What happened?”

“I don’t know. There was just an explosion at a store and lots of people got hurt”

“Omo! Did anyone die?!”

“Ani” Kyuhyun smiled. Changmin then remembered Kyuhyun’s power and smiled.

“Now I’m glad you’re Mr. y Nurse, because you are also Mr. Life Saver Nurse”

Kyuhyun chuckled again as he walked inside the mansion.

“Kyuhyuuuuuuuuuunnnn!!!!!!!” Jaejoong chimed in with a high pitch.

“Yah! Umma! You’re going to leave us deaf!” Changmin complained

“Aish! Stop ing and listen to your mother!” Heechul walked up to them.

Jaejoong smiled, “Guess what?”

Kyuhyun looked at Changmin with absolutely no clue and Changmin shrugged, “We don’t know”

“The Vampire Council is going to come in a few days to meet you and Ryeowook since you are the newest addition to the vampire race!” Jaejoong clapped

“Oh, cool! Bom Unnie is coming!” Changmin fist pumped.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, “Bom Unnie?”

“Deh! She was the one who taught me how to punch others! You’re going to like her, she’s cool!”

“Oh…well I see who is cool one you see me mad” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Annyeong!!! *hides* Aigoo...Im so sorry for the freaking late update....*bows down in shame* I have been attacked by homework, band practice, and writer's block. So...excuse this lame chapter...next chaper will be much better!!! (I hope...) So yeah!