Gifts and Suspicion

Crimson Kiss

Kyuhyun entered his house happily and walked to the kitchen; he hid the pendant in a drawer for the time being.  “Ok, first I cook and then give the pendant to her!”

“Kyucumber? Is that you?” his mother asked from a nearby room.

“Deh! I’m in the kitchen!” Kyuhyun answered as he washed rice and set up the rice cooker.

“What are you cooking today sweetheart?” Kyuhyun’s Umma asked.

“Dak Gal-Bi, your favorite! But with rice this time!” Kyuhyun said excitedly.

[A/N This is a traditional Korean dish (Spicy-Stirred Fried Chicken) and it has its staple sauce called nyum jang. and yes…here, our Kyuhyun is an excellent cook!^^]

“Wah! My son is so great! You are handsome, have a nice job, you are prepared to be an excellent husband or wife…now you just need to get married!” his Umma clapped

“Umma...what are you saying!” Kyuhyun said with his face red from blushing so hard.

“Go ahead and rest in your room a little, I will call you when I’m done, Deh?” Kyuhyun smiled

“Deh! I will just set up the table first!” she smiled and left.

“Aigoo. Umma…what is she saying? Me, a wife? Aish! I’m a man!”

After a while, the kitchen was filled with the delicious aroma of the chicken s fried in sesame oil and yang nyum jang. Kyuhyun carefully filled the plates with the delicious dak gal-bi, rice, and kimchi and placed them on the table.

Kyuhyun slowly walked up to his mother’s room and saw her with a sad face, looking at a picture.

“She still misses him…” Kyuhyun walked away a little and then headed back to the room and knocked on the door. His mother immediately hid the picture.

“Umma, the food is ready!” Kyuhyun said in an excited voice.

“Deh! Oh! That Mrs. Lee Hyun Bin will be jealous when I tell her what my son made for me!”

They both sat at the table and began eating. Kyuhyun’s mother clapped in delight.

“Wah! This is so delicious! Kyucumber, you really are gifted with the art of cooking, just like your mother!”

“Ani. No one can ever beat your cooking Umma, I swear! Yours it the best!” Kyuhyun smiled.

“I am so proud of you Kyucumber. You have matured so much….” His Umma began getting sad.

“Ah! I just remembered I brought something for you!” Kyuhyun stood up and reached for the pendant in the drawer.

“This is for you Umma! I saw it today and thought of you!” Kyuhyun placed the pendant around his mother’s neck.

“Aigoo! It is so beautiful! You didn’t have to! Aigoo! What a beautiful red! Thank you so much son!” Kyuhyun’s mother stood up and hugged him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Changmin lay on his bed staring at the card the nurse gave them.

“This is weird. Why do I even care about him, he only gave me painkillers, just like any nurse!”

There was a knock on the door. “Come in!” Changmin shouted lazily.

“BabyMin, how are you feeling darling?” Jaejoong walked in with a tray of rice cakes.

“I’m feeling great! And even greater because you brought rice cakes!” Changmin happily sat up.

“Aigoo! This child! My cute little food monster, its funny how you’re a vampire who is addicted to human food” Jaejoong giggled.

“Thishishdericious!” Changmin said with a full mouth.

“Jung Changmin! Don’t talk with your mouth full! It’s bad manners!” Jaejoong jokingly scolded his son.

“Deh Umma, Miahne. This is delicious!” Changmin smiled.

Jaejoong noticed the card the nurse gave them on Changmin’s hand.

“Hmmm. You took a liking for that boy didn’t you?”

Changmin gulped and looked away, “Ani! I am just grateful…I couldn’t withstand the pain, which is why my body wasn’t healing…he helped me”

“Changmin, you know your body wasn’t healing because you’ve never drank blood. If you at least drink my…”

“Ani! Umma, I don’t want to drink your blood. I don’t feel like drinking it, that’s why I don’t drink it” Changmin said in a mad tone

“Fine, but Changmin, you will keep aging and aging until you drink blood from someone”

“Ani. I will stop aging when I drink the blood of the one I love and share mine with him, I know the traditions Umma”

Jaejoong sighed, “Ok. Well, just so you know, that boy sure look cute!” he winked and left the room.

“Aigoo…Jaejoong Umma…aish! He was just a nice person! That’s all!” Changmin threw the card away and went to shower.

As he was showering, Changmin noticed the water stayed in the tub instead of going into the drain. He sighed.

“Junsu, I know it’s you. What’s up?” Junsu appeared from behind the door.

“Changmin, we need to talk” he said in a serious tone. Changmin covered himself with a towel and walked out of the shower.

“Deh. What’s wrong?”

“Changmin…a nurse was attacked today and died. They found two bite marks in her neck, they think it’s a snake, but no one has come to any conclusion…” Junsu stared at Changmin in the eye.

“Omo! That is horrible!”

Junsu squinted his eyes, “Changmin, please tell me the truth. Was it you? Did you drink her blood?”

Changmin’s eyes widened “Ani! I have never drunk any blood! Why would I drink hers?!”

Junsu smiled, “Deh, I thought that. Silly me! Well, I just needed to make sure…”

Changmin’s gaze grew serious “Do you think it was...”

“Deh. It’s Him, I don’t know why he broke the code, but if the does this again, They will get suspicious. We are all in danger now, we need to be careful”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kyuhyun began changing into his uniform after receiving an emergency call.

“Where are you going honey?” his Umma asked.

“Miahne Umma, I got an emergency call, a boy was hit by a truck and the intern nurses are freaking out. I will come back soon, deh? Go rest, sleep well Umma. I love you” Kyuhyun kissed his mother on the cheek and left.

“My boy, always so hardworking!” Mrs. Cho walked outside and saw the car disappear in the driveway.

She turned around to go back inside but was stopped by a pale-looking man with blood on his mouth.

He pulled the pendant from her neck and she shrieked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong! I am so happy with all the great feedback I'm getting! Thank you all so much! *bows*

Wah! I'm really excited, but sad because I will be going out of town for the weekend. I had planned on updating daily, but I cant since there is no internet access there. So...there will be a triple update today!!!:) Thank you all for reading!<3

Love,

~Hellena