One Day After (Part I)

It Takes Only Three Leaders for a Change

Jiyong felt a little empty. What was wrong? He couldn’t figure it out, but something was suddenly off. Clicking his tongue, he checked the time and went for the door. The Park-Noonas would be waiting for him by the café Bom used to work at. He smiled, only a little bit ago; Bom had finally talked to her half-brother and reclaimed her rights of their family business. Last he heard, she was doing really well.

And Dara, she was still doing well at the community center. He knew she worked really hard with the kids and genuinely loved to spend time with them. “When is she gonna find someone and tie the knot? …When is Bom-noona?” He smirked to himself as he stepped into his car, “Ooh. Something to scold them on.” Driving silently, he looked to the side and saw a girl. Long blonde hair and feline eyes, dressed in Jeremy Scott pants and an Adidas crop top. He froze and blinked. The girl was gone. “Oh? That was weird…”

Arriving at the café, he already saw his Noonas there, “Oh! Jiyong-ah!!” Bom yelled at the top of her lungs.

Jiyong smiled nervously and laughed, “Noona, calm down.” He hugged Dara first and then Bom, sitting in the empty chair and staring at the coffee cup. “Is this…?”

“An Americano, with lots of cream. Go ahead and drink.” Dara cooed. Jiyong obeyed and sighed.

“So, what’s up with you two, it’s been a while.”                                

Bom shrugged and they both heard the gun on her thigh scrape against the metal chair. She blushed and chuckled, “Sorry. Jay won’t let me leave without something on me.”

Dara scoffed, “Your brother is really something.”

Bom stretched her arms, “Well, life is going well. Money is coming in nicely at the job, and customers are intimidating by me and my gang.”

“Huh, nice.” Dara groaned, leaning back and taking a sip from her coffee cup. “Jiyong, what about you? I’ve been trying to call you for so long, but you never answer. Have you been busy?”

He bit his lip, “I…quit my job.”

“You what?!” They cried, “What are you doing then?”

Jiyong smiled, “Yesterday…I just realized I wasn’t happy… I did some self-searching and, well, I love fashion. I want to go study in New York, maybe even a few years in Paris.”

Bom whistled, “That’s ambitious Jiyong. And nerve-wracking.”

He nodded and sighed, smiling brightly, “I should try, right? The problem is, I won’t be able to see you guys as often.”

“Aw. Jiyong’s gonna miss us, Bommie.” Dara teased. Jiyong scoffed and rolled his eyes, but he kept his smile on and looked at them.

“I’m really…gonna miss you guys though.”

“We’re gonna miss you too, Jiyongie.” Bom snapped and smiled, “You’re gonna buy lunch, right?” He nodded and she clapped, “Yay! There’s a great sushi place I want to show you guys!”

Dara attached herself to Bom’s arm and smirked, “Ooh. That sounds expensive~!”

“Yes…it does.” Jiyong groaned, but followed them. The trio walked across the streets of Seoul until Bom pointed and they entered the restaurant. They were seated immediately and both girls ordered many dishes and orders from the menu, making Jiyong cringe as he crunched the numbers in his head. They laughed at him when they were done and he groaned, “Ah! I couldn’t even keep track of the total!”

“Mm, while we have some time on our hands,” Dara smirked, “let’s get down to the nit and gritty.”

“Oh . She means relationships.” Bom said, her voice oddly high.

“By that tone, I’m guessing no man by your side, Noona?” Jiyong asked.

“Nah. I don’t have time for that. Unless the right guy shows up to sweep me off my feet.” She said and smiled, thinking about it.

“What about you, Dara-noona?”

She shook her head, “Me neither. I wish some guy would be right enough though. I’d date Jiyong if he weren’t so annoying-“

“YAH, what?!”

“Kidding! I’m kidding!” She said, “What about you? Girls are practically knocking on your front door. Begging for you!” She and Bom teased, extending their arms across the table to try and grab his suit jacket. He brushed them off and shook his head.

“No…but on the way here…” He smiled, thinking about the girl he had saw earlier, “There was a really hot girl I saw on the street.”

“Ooh. Love at first sight? Those don’t end like the movies, Ji.” Bom warned. Her lips created an ‘O’ shape as food entered the table. She picked at a cucumber roll and sighed, dipping it into her mix of soy sauce and wasabi, “Was she hot though?”

Jiyong sighed, tracing his index finger atop his glass, “Yeah. I think I’ve seen her before. She’s so hot.”

Dara rolled her eyes, “It was on the road. It lasted for about two seconds, right?”

“Even so…her image is just stuck in my mind…” He breathed, taking up his chopsticks and grabbed a spider roll. He stuck it in his mouth. Reaching for the same piece of salmon Dara was taking, their chopsticks got tangled together. Dara jut out her bottom lip and twirled her chopsticks over her fingers, smacking his knuckles with it, “Ah! Noona!” Triumphantly, she took the raw piece of salmon and ate it smugly. Jiyong rubbed his knuckles and grumbled, “Aish, she went Master Shi Fu on me.”

Bom grinned and continued to eat, “So Ji, when are you leaving for school?”

“Soon, I hope.” He replied, “I’m gonna start as soon as I can.”

“Well it’s good you’re doing something that you want.” Bom encouraged, “Just don’t ever hesitate to come visit Dara and I. We’d rip each other’s throats out if you’re not here.”

He laughed. “Alright, Noonas. Now eat, I’m not paying for anything you can’t finish.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone~! I'm sorry that updates have been really really slow...it's been nearly two weeks since I've last updated TT.TT Merry belated Christmas though, I hope all your wishes came true (and I hope that you got lots of K-Pop themed presents since I did ^^) Mm, heard that lots of groups will be making debuts and come backs soon. I'm most looking forward to JYP boy groups' debuts, and BIG BANG's comeback (OMG, TOP goes off to the military in 2014 ;~;) I'm sure updates will be faster now, and I'll work harder for you all! New Years is coming up, and my New Year's resolution is to finally start worrying about what I care about. What's your New Year's resolution?

P.S. My sister is going on a K-Drama/K-Movie frenzy. Any recommandations? AND, no polls for the next few chapters so far (may change).

-TAIwin <3 (.^_^.   )