First Test?

It Takes Only Three Leaders for a Change

*No poll*

---

Jiyong opened his eyes groggily, feeling his fingers touching the floor and his stomach on something plushy. He took a hold of the object under him and sighed, it was his bed. He pushed himself up and groaned, his head sending waves of pain by the second. “.” He cursed and tried sitting up again, letting his eyes adjust to the light in his room. Quickly, he recalled the events from last night-CL had come. She was going to…teach him to gain confidence. The woman had accused him of being a confident drunk, only having his courage when he drank and must’ve helped him home. But Jiyong was still confused. He needed answers; he hadn’t gained many last night except for her name.

He crawled out of his room, the air around him smelling of delicious sweet strawberries and warm sugar. His mouth watered and he walked into his kitchen, slightly surprised to see CL at the stove, stretching out for another plate in his cabinets. Her shirt lifted at her movement and he couldn’t help but stare at the skin that showed. After she retrieved the plate, she suddenly said, “Staring will get you nowhere, Jiyong.” He blushed and cleared his throat as she turned, smirking, “Morning. Good to see you awake before noon.” The time was nearly eleven.

“I’ve always been an early bird.” He mumbled, rubbing his right eye, “Did you cook something?”

“Mm. I’ve been craving pancakes for a while so; I was hoping to get a Mission soon.” She waved her hand and a plate lifted from the countertop, shocking him a bit, “I made some for you too. We need to talk.”

The plate set down in front of him and he smiled a little, “Yea, thanks. I was thinking the same thing.” Three pancakes covered with strawberries and maple syrup lay in front of him, a knife and fork lying beside them, “Ah, we’re Asian CL!” He joked.

“Deal with it.” She shot back in the same tone. Sitting down in front of him, she pierced the fluffy pancake and rubbed it through syrup before eating it from the fork. She smiled, “Mm. Tastes really good today.” He raised a brow and she shrugged, “What? Heaven doesn’t have all the glory it’s said to possess.”

Jiyong took a bite, letting the sweet flavor engulf his mouth, “So…are you like an angel?”

She shook her head, “If I were, big white wings would be sprouting from my back. I’m more like a God, a Leader if you want to get on specific terms.”

“Leader?”

“Yea. There are three of us. I’m the Leader of Confidence and Individuality.” She shuffled her fork to cut another piece, “There’s also a Leader of Intelligence and a Leader of Faith and Hope.” Jiyong blinked. There are more? “It’s just us three; your mind is such an open book.”

He blushed, “Sorry…?” He didn’t really know what to say about that, “I’ve always been an open book kind of person.”

“I know. It says in your profile.” That folder she had last night was under her elbow now. She handed it to him, “Do you want to see?” He shook his head after a second. Jiyong didn’t want to know what was in there that made him seem so desperate for confidence. CL nodded and set it back down on the table, “I assume your mind is filled with questions.” He nodded slowly and she waved her hand, “You’re free to ask them now. Whatever you want to know, I will tell you.”

Jiyong leaned back in his seat, the floor creaking very slightly as he did so. His fingers tapped the table and he asked, “Why are you here?”

“Isn’t that obvious? You look confidence, you’re not yourself, you’re a follower-.” She paused and he saw her flinch, “You’re not independent Jiyong. I’m here to teach you confidence, because trust me, you’re not going to survive long without it.”

He shrugged, “I’ve been doing fine these past twenty-four years.” He skewered a strawberry, popping it in his mouth as CL rolled her eyes. She does that pretty well. He chuckled at his own thought, but that only annoyed her.

She scowled, “That may be so. But, when was the last time you denied your friends’ wishes?” His mouth opened, and then closed. He couldn’t remember, “When was the last time, you went out alone? Or when was the last time you were in a relationship?”

He clenched his fists, not at her words, but how right she was. After twenty-four years…what did Jiyong really accomplish? Not much. Sitting up, he set the utensils down and sighed, “Ok, you’re right.”

“I know.” Her voice had no mocking or sarcastic tone Jiyong was used to hearing. Her voice was more soothing-when she wanted it to be. “So what will you do about it?” She asked gently.

He gulped and said, “What do we need to do first?”

Smirking, she got up, stretching out her flawless looking legs in a sassy stride towards his room, “First, you have to get some clothes on. We need you to look confident, to fit the characteristic.” He marched after her, his heart racing. He’s never showed anyone his room before, it was his sacred place.

“Wait!-“

“Don’t worry; I’m only interested in your closet.” She waved her hand and set her palm on the knob, “I won’t do anything bad, I promise.” He seemed to believe her and let the fierce woman open the door to his room, “Whoa!” She sang and twirled around, “Nice room. Very unique, I guess you’re not that boring and cliché.”

He scoffed, “Thanks. I think.” CL traced her fingers against the brightly colored walls. The splattered paint of bright and dark colors contrasted with his pure white closet doors like magic. It looked odd, but it seemed so right too. The room was nearly empty except for the closet and large bed, the floors were just like the walls that it seemed like you were floating in an alleyway. CL smiled and he smiled back, “You like it?”

“Of course.” She walked towards the doors and gripped the smooth wooden handles, “Now, I just hope your closet has the same vibe your room has.” She swung it open and smiled in satisfaction, “Not bad, pretty boy. Not bad at all.”

“Did you just call me a ‘pretty boy’?” He gasped.

“Yes.” She flipped through and poked a pair of tiger striped sweats, “Now that is y.” Her voice was sarcastic now.

“Wow thanks.” He mocked and smirked, “So, you gonna be my stylist now?”

She nodded, “Yep.” Her lips popped and she pulled down various pieces from his closet, “Your closet reflects the inner, confident you. We just have to get that to show on your outside now, Jiyong.”

“Good luck.” He said and sat on his bed, looking at the things she had picked. Jiyong never really wore his designer clothes when he wanted, he showed off the laid back style. His fancy clothes barely saw the sunlight, but when they did, it wouldn’t be for that long. “Interesting fashion taste you have.” He said.

“You could say that.” She replied and picked out one last item before tossing it on the bed, “Get changed. We start as soon as you come out.”

“Aish, so commanding-“

“GO!” He hurried into his own bathroom and sighed.

“I act like I’m the guest in my house.” He grumbled, fumbling with his pants. Before putting on these clothes, he took a good look at each of the pieces, wondering what CL was gonna make him do. As he walked out, he saw that she had also changed clothes, “Where’d you get those?” He asked, adjusting the hat on his head.

She turned, “I might be staying a while. I brought some clothes along with me, Jiyong.” Her lips pursed and she laid a hand on her hip while looking at him, up and down. He felt uncomfortable with her doing that, but tried to play it off, “Calm down. I’m not gonna you.” She scoffed.

He reddened, “I-I wasn’t thinking that!!”

“You don’t have to be, you’re body language says it all.” She gestured to his legs which were twisted together, “Relax.” CL went up to him and patted his shoulders, “You look good.”

He raised a brow as she turned him around, “You’re just complimenting yourself for picking out these clothes.”

“That,” He smirked, “but you do pull off the style well. I’m telling ya’,” She wrapped an arm over his shoulders and walked with him, “looking confident, can make you become confident. You do look confident.”

Jiyong shrugged, “Do I? Not sure if I can pull off a gangster look.”

“Aish. Stop that, or you’re not gonna rock the look.” She massaged her temples and sighed, “Geez, you know, when was the last time someone said you looked good in something?” He shrugged and she nodded, “Thought so. Now let’s get going, we have work to do.” Jiyong quickly followed out of his home, pulling on his shoes still as he ran for her.

“So how is this going to work? Me gaining confidence?”

CL walked down the street, Jiyong noticed that confident sway in her hips from the moment he saw her out of that bar door, “Honestly, my jobs aren’t planned out. I like to go with the flow, if something messes it up, it won’t matter since I’m just going with the flow. Get it?”

“Mm. So, we’re just gonna walk around?” CL stopped at the crosswalk, making him nearly crush into her, “Y-Yah! CL!” He saw her smirk and he felt his heart racing.

“Ooh. Good, I see a lesson opening right down there.” She smiled and pointed to a pair down the street, “Go ask that girl for her number.”

“WHAT?!”

“You heard me. Go ask her for it.” CL got behind him and placed her hands on his back, pushing him gently and whispering, “Trust me.”

“CL! That woman has a boyfriend! And he looks super tough!”

She snickered behind him and she reassured, “Trust me that man isn’t her boyfriend as much as he is tough. Now go, I’ll be waiting here if you need anything. And don’t come back until you get that number. Got it Kwon?”

“F-Fine CL.” He trudged over, afraid of what the man might do while CL was using this for his confidence, and her amusement.

 

“This should be good.”