In Our Memories

It Takes Only Three Leaders for a Change

CL hated the fact that she was with Jiyong, lying under the sky, watching the stars, their skin touching and heating up and her heart was beating at an odd fast pace. She took a deep breath to try and calm herself down, but it didn’t work. Why did he seem like he knew what she was doing? He’d just scoot a little closer, whisper something stupidly and annoyingly sweet in her ear and her heart would just skip a beat or stop all over.

Jiyong on the other hand, loved feeling her soft skin on his and didn’t see his ministrations as toying with her emotions. His heart rate increased, but it stayed like that and his smile never faltered. He whispered to her, “This is nice…”

She hummed in response, “The sky is beautiful.” He chuckled and she looked at him, “What’s so funny?”

“Sorry…” He shifted to face her, “It’s just that I learned French a little bit ago…and ‘Ciel’ means ‘sky’ in French.”

CL bit her inner cheek, “I know, I learned French too.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah…I lived in Paris as a kid for a few years.” She said, unable to make eye contact with him. Her teeth found her bottom lip and she sighed, “When should we go back to Seoul?”

He sighed against her neck, feeling her shiver, “Never… I like this.”

“Says Mr. Best Friend.” She smiled and sat up, “Let’s get going. I’m tired and I’d like to sleep on something comfortable.”

He sat up with her and held out his arms, smiling jokingly, “How about me?”

She countered back, “Um, you’re not King size.”

“You wanna bet?” She hit his chest and he stumbled down the beach, “Alright. I was kidding. Come on. Let’s get going then.” He sloshed through the gentle low tide and offered his hand out to her. She took it and they slowly trudged through the water, holding hands. CL attempted to pull away, but then he adjusted their fingers, intertwining them and it felt more comfortable.

Jiyong let CL enter the boat first and opened a seat up, pointing to a towel. She took off her shoes and curled it around her bare feet, Jiyong mimicking her moves with the other one provided. He slipped towards the wheel and pushed in the keys, turning back to Seoul, “You can take a nap.”

“I’ll stay awake with you.” She replied and shook her feet up and down. Silence washed over them for a long time, cold water spritzing them and then-slowing down, “Oppa. What’s going on?” She leaned out the boat. Seoul was practically in her vision, she could see it.

“Oh. .” He hissed and his foot on and off the pedal. He checked the gas tank, “OH . We’re out of gas!”

“Are you kidding?” She gasped.

Jiyong groaned, “I’m calling Seungri. He has an extra boat in his cabin… Hopefully he’s done with his date.” He held the phone up to his ear and sighed, “Ri. You done with your date?”

Seungri yawned, “Yeah. What’s up? It’s like eleven. Did you return my boat?” He snickered, “Or did you wanna brag about your date?”

“You’re a prick. You didn’t tell me that your tank was low.”

“Oh. You didn’t know? I thought that was your plan, Hyung.” He chuckled and Jiyong rubbed his face in frustration, “Ok…um, just crash with her. I’ll be there first thing in the morning.”

“Ri. You’re ‘morning’ is noon.”

“Hm…good point. Good night!” The line was cut and Jiyong groaned.

CL raised a brow, “Not good. What’s the deal?”

“He’s coming in the morning. We’ll have to crash here for the night.” He sighed, “Sorry.”

She shrugged, “That’s ok… Here are blankets. I’m just worried we’ll freeze to death.’ She laid down on the seat with the blanket around her and smiled at him, biting her lip. Jiyong sighed: God she’s y. Don’t let her know that. He leaned back on the seats parallel to her and wiped his forehead, “You ok?” She asked.

“Yeah…just cold you know.” He said, shifting so his back was facing her. CL sighed and curled into a ball, “What about you?” He asked.

“Fine.” She purred, “Ah. But these cushions are cold. I wish they came with seat warmers.”

He sighed, “CL?”

“Hmm?”

“…You’re real name is Chaerin right?”

“Mm.”

“Can I call you ‘Chae’? CL sounds too formal for me now…”

CL blinked and pressed her cold hands against her hot cheeks, “Sure.” She heard him stand up from his seat and she closed her eyes, praying to YG that he wouldn’t come any closer.

But YG hasn’t always been on her side.

 

Jiyong cleared his throat as Seungri came by in his second boat, and he stopped beside them. CL was sitting on the opposite side of them, looking out into the ocean. Seungri looked at her and hissed, “Isn’t that the girl from the bar a few days ago? And that girl who called you ‘Oppa’ when you were meeting her friends?” Jiyong nodded and sighed, looking at her and running his hand through his hair. Seungri looked back and forth at them and carefully asked, “Did something happen between you two?” Jiyong almost forgot that his friends thought that CL was his girlfriend.

His friend glared at him and he quietly said, “I don’t want to talk about it. Just give me this, I’ll fill her up.” He said and jumped in the water, regardless of his jeans.

Seungri puffed his cheeks. Something was wrong. He sat an arms distance away from CL and smiled at her, “Hi. I’m Seungri, Jiyong’s friend.” He held out his hand and she shook it.

“Call me CL.” She said and pulled her hair back, wrapping herself in a blanket.

“How long have you been with Hyung?”

She looked back at him and sighed, “A few days I guess.”

He nodded and clicked his tongue, “Did something happen? I mean, Hyung looks upset. But I don’t mind if it’s prying.”

Her eyes flickered with uncertainty and she frowned, “I’d appreciate if I not talk about it. Something happened but…we’ll figure things out.” Jiyong and Seungri yelled at each other as they drove the boats back to the docks. CL stayed silent, unable to look at her student. They slowed to a stop and Jiyong looked back at her, offering her his hand. She looked at it before accepting it, and he helped her out of the boat.

Seungri tipped back and forth on his feet and sighed, “I’m gonna get going. I’ll see you later.”

The pair though, just couldn’t see each other eye to eye and stayed silent. Jiyong was feeling irritated and angry, but he managed to keep his emotions in check. She played with the hem of her clothes as they parked in Jiyong’s driveway. She got out herself, not waiting a second for Jiyong to come to her side, “Chae.” He called gently but she didn’t hear. He sighed and walked towards her, opening his front door. She went in quickly and turned towards the stairs, but he grabbed her arm, “Chae.”

She paused and sighed, “Yes?”

“Can you please look at me?” CL turned, her eyes taking interest in a lamp on the table. He grabbed her chin and brought her to face him, staring intently in those eyes, “Are you ashamed of what happened?” He wondered, scoffing.

CL touched his hand and gulped, “Yes and no…” She replied and peeled his palm off her cheek, “I’m leaving.”

He stared at her, “Just like that? Just because of what happened?”

“We had a deal-a bet. I won.” She said, “I’m sorry I did. But I have to leave now. I’m not needed anymore.”

“Are you kidding?”

She shook her head and turned up towards her room, “I sure hope not.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: YG Ent. is going on a total creation spree. Taeyang released RINGA LINGA and it's super awesome and catchy and I saw members of Team A and B in the M/V, I heard that GD and CL (our SkyDragon) are collaborating with Skrillex and Diplo. Though I'm not a huge fan of Skrillex and Diplo, I'm excited to hear what they come up with and I hope it's good. Then I'm also excited for WINNER's debut~It's just a YG time everybody (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3