Why? (Part II)

It Takes Only Three Leaders for a Change

*No poll*

---

 

Jay handed Bom her lunch and smiled, “Noona. I didn’t think you had it in you.” He said, taking a bite out of his sandwich. Bom smiled and accepted her sandwich too. Her brother bit his lip and smoothed his hair back, pushing the ownership paper towards her, “Our grandfather’s deed to the building. It’s yours now.” He pointed to the bottom of the page, “It’s tradition for leaders to sign their name at the bottom. Now, our grandfather didn’t discriminate. He made a section for both men and women. You’ll be the first woman to sign her name Noona.”

Bom grabbed a pen from his desk and smiled in satisfaction, “Good. I wanna make history for something.” She signed her name and smiled, “Perfect.”

TOP watched them; polishing the gun he held and checked his phone. CL’s ringtone. He waved it, signaling that it was his, “My…sister.” He said and shrugged. That’s who she was to him. He checked her text:

From Chaerinnie: Something weird is going on…

He wrinkled his brows and pressed the ‘reply’ button, moving his thumbs rapidly. Taeyang beat him to it:

From SOL: Uh, what? CL, we do this all the time! ><

Me: I know. What’s up?

He waited a second; wiping his lips with his thumb and sighed. CL has really been weird lately. Showing off her cuter side to Jiyong, acting up around him. Did she have a crush on her student? The thought made him almost laugh:

From Chaerinnie: Jiyong just pointed something out. Leaders are paired up. IN COUPLES.

TOP wrinkled his brows and paused, gasping out loud and covering his mouth. She was right. Now that he thought about it, what were the chances that the ones who needed most help from the Leaders were all in Seoul and all the opposite gender of their Leader? Bom hit his leg, “YO TOP!” He jumped and covered his heart.

“What? Jeez.”

“You were dozing off.” Jay smirked and pointed at the gun, “If you want it, you can keep it.”

TOP waved it, “Really?” He smiled, “I’ve always wanted my own gun.”

“Go ahead. I have plenty of guns-er-Noona…has guns. Right Noona?”

Bom nodded and smiled, “Yeah. After all, you’re doing so much by being my friend. Giving you a gun is a reward.” She winked and he rolled his eyes.

“Fine. Thanks.” He slid into his back pocket and patted it, “Noona. Let’s hurry it up for now. We got stuff to do.”

She nodded and stood, “Jay, TOP and I have some things to carry on with. Do you mind watching the place for me for a bit then?” He nodded his head and waved his hand, unable to speak because of the food in his mouth. Bom and TOP hurried to exit and she spun around, “WHOA! Life feels good!” She punched his arm and grinned, “Let’s go celebrate! TOP, let’s go shopping!”

He rolled his eyes, “Ok, ok. Let me start driving this car!” She stuck her head out the window and smiled, wind blowing through her bright red locks as she whooped. “Put your head back in, you’re gonna get hurt.” He joked and she smacked his arm.

“Don’t be such a party pooper.” She said, “Pull into the mall Tabi!” He obeyed and she jumped out of the car, running, “BOMMIE!” He screamed and ran after her.

Bom giggled and cried out, “Come on! Don’t be so slow Tabi!” An elderly couple past TOP who was heaving in and out.

The woman chuckled and bent in front of him, “Are you ok?”

He nodded and bowed, “Ah. I’m sorry. I have to leave now-“

The man nodded and smiled, “That girlfriend of yours is very energetic. Be careful.”

TOP automatically said, “Yes sir.” And turned to leave. He paused and asked himself, “What did I just say?”

“TABI!” To him, Bom sounded like she was in trouble. He ran after her and spotted her staring at something at a store window. He made it beside her and she smiled, “Look at that really pretty necklace…” He bent down to stare at it and looked at her.

“You like green?” She nodded and smiled, looking for a price tag. The necklace was ‘Bom’ in green lettering, swung on a thick gold chain.

Her gaze fell, “Oh . That’s so expensive.” She pouted and moved along. TOP blinked and looked at the price, hissing quietly to himself. He stopped himself from using too strong profanity. Then he checked his pockets and pulled out some cash.

Bom squealed, “Ooh! TOP! I’m going to get this cute shirt! Ok?” He nodded and slowly walked into the store after she disappeared from sight.

He sighed, “Why am I doing this?” He shrugged and then smiled, “Well Bommie deserves it.” He plucked the necklace from its display case, “But this is gonna cost a few hours of service.”