Sweet Siblings

It Takes Only Three Leaders for a Change

Dara was so ecstatic that her brother was right in front of her, that she kinda, almost forgot about the person who brought him to her in the first place. Sanghyun was the one who kept reminding her that Taeyang was getting in the car-not a burglar, that he was the one walking in her place. Taeyang knew she was excited after seeing her brother, so he didn’t mind if she was inattentive. “Noona. We have work. We should get going to be on time.” Taeyang quickly said.

“Oh! Coming. Sanghyun, you should come in and meet Sean. Plus, I bet kids will love you there.” Dara smiled, pulling on a jacket before opening the door.

Her brother shrugged, “Sure. That sounds like fun.” He went out with them and got into the back of Dara’s car, letting Taeyang sit next to his sister, “So…Taeyang, how do you know Dara?”

He cleared his throat and smiled, “I started working at the community center a few days ago. I met Dara there.”

“Oh. So you guys are good friends now?” He asked.

Dara shrugged, “Working on it.” She playfully hit Taeyang’s shoulder and gestured to the back seat, “Cheondung-ah, get the box of cookies in the back?”

He rustled around and gave it to her. She handed it to Taeyang, “Those are for the kids, Bae. Not just for you.”

“Aw.” He said, and smiled, “Ok. I won’t eat them until the kids all get one.”

“Good boy.” She joked and rubbed his hair, “Cheondung, how’s home? Anything new?”

He shrugged and scratched his head, “No not a lot. Home is ok, Omma says hi. She would’ve come but, she was busy with work.” Dara frowned and he continued, “School though isn’t so bad either. But, you should come home once in a while.”

“If I can. I’ve been busy with work and stuff.” She called and turned the wheel, biting her lip, “I love the kids, I just can’t stay away for so long.”

Sanghyun nodded and poked Taeyang’s shoulder, “So, Taeyang…how did you and Noona get so close, even if you just started working together?”

The Leader looked at Dara who blinked, waiting for him to start talking. This should be good. He almost laughed out loud and said, “Well, Sean asked Noona to help me by showing me the ropes and introducing me to the kids. And, you know, we just started talking and I guess…we had some sort of connection.” He smiled to show Sanghyun that he meant no harm to Dara.

Her little brother kinda relaxed himself as they pulled into the parking lot of the Community Center and got out of the Rover. He stretched and Dara breathed in the air. She skipped along towards the door and Taeyang watched her. “Ah. Noona is the eldest child, but she sometimes acts younger than me.” Sanghyun chuckled and ran after her.

Taeyang and Dara checked into work and introduced Sanghyun to Sean. “Nice to meet you kid.” He said and smiled, “You work as well with kids as your sister?”

“Maybe even better.” Dara scoffed and hit his shoulder gently and he laughed, “Ah, no. Noona was a good helper with kids when we were younger. I just sat and annoyed her.” He smiled and ruffled Dara’s hair. Taeyang smiled and nodded as they were dragged away by kids who had missed them. He recognized the girl he had met when he first came in. She had a bruise on her hand.

“What’s that?” He asked.

“Oh. I fell yesterday and hurt myself.” She mumbled.

Taeyang smiled at her and kissed her hand, making her giggle, “Does it feel better?” She nodded and he held her in his arms.

“Aw. You’re such a womanizer.” Dara teased. He blushed, “Just kidding. You’re really good with kids Bae.”

He shrugged and whispered, “When you’re a Leader…you see a lot of sad stuff in the world. We three try to do the best we can to also give some care into those also in need other than our students.”

She looked at her brother and frowned, “So, who’s most generous in that department?”

“To be honest, I’m not sure. We all do our take in helping others.” He smiled, “TOP had just opened a charity business in LA-which cost him tons of hours in Heaven to pay it off. I know CL had also donated money to people in financial need in France-she’s still paying that off… I always do charity work when I’m with my students. So it usually doesn’t cost me as much.” He admitted, setting the girl in his arms to rest against his chest in his lap.

Sanghyun looked at them, “What are you two talking about?” He smirked and Dara hit him.

“Nothing. Just Taeyang’s past community work.” Dara quickly said, her hands being occupied by a small boy who found her fingers fascinating.

“Oh? What’d you do before this?” Sanghyun asked, getting up briefly to reach for a cup off the table beside him. He handed it to the little boy in front of him and smiled.

Taeyang shifted to look at him and said smoothly, “I’ve been all over the world. All continents except Antarctica… I could never stand the cold.” He laughed with the two other adults and rocked the little girl’s body.

She opened her eyes suddenly and smiled up at him, “Juice?”

“Of course. Say…?”

“Please!” She squeaked and he nodded, getting up and grabbing a small plastic cup filled with apple juice and gave it to her. Before he could talk, she said, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Sanghyun continued to their previous conversation, “So, around the world? That sounds expensive.”

“Um…I come from a wealthy place. But I like to spend it for charity you know.” Sanghyun looked at him, as if he wasn’t sure whether to believe him or not. Taeyang couldn’t blame him, like CL always said: ‘The world has grown to be a cruel place’. Taeyang gave him a reassuring smile, “I mean it.” He said.

Dara cleared to break their tensing atmosphere and pointed to the doors across from them, “Let’s bring the kids to the playground. The air is so nice today.” Her brother nodded and followed the mob of cheering kids. Taeyang carried the girl in his arms outside where she continued to sip from her cup unconsciously as she slept. He sat on a bench and watched the siblings push each other on the swings.

Something flew into his mind. Sanghyun thought: I hope that Taeyang guy is a good one. I’d hate to see Noona hurt. Taeyang blinked and pulled the little girl closer. She must be having a nice dream, since she was smiling. I look at that guy and I see a gangster. But why is he so kind-hearted? Why does he have that warm smile? Taeyang tried not to meet Sanghyun’s gaze.

“BAE! Come here and push us!” Dara called.

Taeyang didn’t even realize that the girl he was previously carrying and abandoned her empty cup and was running to her friends. He stood, “Coming Noona!” He went over to gently push the swings and tried to not listen to their conversation. He couldn’t help it anyway, he was right behind them.

“So…Cheondung, have a girlfriend yet?”

He laughed, “No. I’m still in school. I have plenty of time to search later.” He nudged her, “You looking at any guys?”

She blushed and shook her head, “Not at the moment…I’m searching for myself.” Taeyang smiled.

Sanghyun nodded and tapped her head, “Well…whatever you find, I’ll love you Noona.”

“Aw. You’re so sweet Cheondung.” Dara looked back at Taeyang and ruffled his hair too, “You too Bae. You guys are so nice.” Taeyang looked at them again and sighed. There are times when he wished he had siblings. Then he remembered TOP and CL. They weren’t blood related, but he loved them. 

 

Like actual siblings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update. School started and it's been a bad first week for me. I'll work harder from now on. Thanks for staying with me everyone!  (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3