Self-Control

It Takes Only Three Leaders for a Change

*No poll*

---

TOP had slept on Bom’s couch that night and he woke up first too. She only woke up due to the fact that he was making breakfast, and she could smell eggs and bacon from her room. They had eaten in silence, knowing that she has the information she wanted to know. Another excuse would be that she didn’t want to know more. If Bom had already gained some sort of God to guide her through life, she was sure to be in bad shape. She wasn’t that stupid. TOP wiped his lips with the napkin beside his plate and sighed. He had changed, she noticed, “Did you actually bring clothes with you?” She gestured to his new set of sweats and a tank top with her fork.

“Of course. Most Missions do tend to last a while. I have to come prepared.” He smiled and draped his arm over his chair, “Now, you should get dressed, Miss Bom.”

“What for, TOP?” She asked through eggs.

“I want to start the Mission with a walk through Seoul…it’s been a while since I’ve been here.” She reluctantly nodded and stood up to change, “And Miss Bom?”

“Yea?”

He blinked, “It’s very warm outside, you should wear something comfortable.”

Bom raised a brow, “Ok.” What did he have planned for the day? She left the room without asking, supposing he could just read her mind. When she came back in shorts and a tank top, TOP had also changed into jeans and a white crew neck, his glasses hung at his nose and he was checking his…iPhone? “Why do you have a phone if you’re a God?” Bom sighed. No matter where in the world-or in Heaven-technology seemed to be everywhere.

TOP looked up, “There are a few people I have to stay in touch with. Thus, we use phones to communicate instead of pulling each other up through mirrors or bird baths.” The phone returned to his pocket and he stood, “Alright. Let’s go. You look good.” Her cheeks went hot.

“Thanks. You too.” She had always heard that. ‘Looking fine’, ‘Hey y’, ‘Nice legs’ all of it. But he said it without a mocking or flirtatious tone, something in his eyes seemed real that she saw nowhere else. TOP opened the door for her and she stepped through, thanking him. The walk started out slow and through the empty sidewalks of Seoul, “What’s for today?” She asked.

He smirked, “You’ll be learning self-control. Do guys normally come up and ask you out for your number or anything? Be honest.”

Bom blinked and tapped her chin and shrugged, “Um, I guess. Normally, one or two guys every time I’m out.”

“Mm. Well, do you normally accept their requests?”

“Yes…”

“Hm. This time, I don’t want you to accept. I want you to deny every time, no matter how persistent or good looking they are. Do you promise?” His serious stare bore into her, compelling Bom to nod. He smiled, “Good. Now is there anything you want?”

“Want?” She asked, confused.

He nodded, “Might as well do something, right?”

Bom smiled and skipped forward, “If you’re saying it like that, then, I’d like to go shopping for some new clothes. My wardrobe is so out of date and most of them don’t fit me anymore. Plus, summer is coming and my shorts are worn out too.”

TOP dug his hands in his pockets and strolled on, following the energetic Bom as she entered a store. “For someone who’s near thirty, you’re definitely energetic and lively.”

She paused and pulled down a pair of denim shorts and bit her lip, “Well, I like to keep energy up. I think it makes me feel younger and more in touch with my real self. I’ve always been a tough cookie I guess.” She smiled and showed it to him, “Got money?”

He nodded, “I have a lot. Money isn’t an issue for me I guess. Why do you want something so expensive?” He picked up the shorts with his two fingers as if it were on fire and chuckled, “The answer never came to me, unless it was brand named.”

“Well, everything is expensive nowadays. I can’t help it.” She picked it up, “Since money isn’t an issue, do you mind buying me more?”

“I guess not.” He shrugged and walked with her. TOP stood a distance away, so Bom could fulfill her assignment and was shocked to see her turn down three men in the store already. As she walked towards the register, her hands full, TOP went up to her and smiled, “You did well.”

Her eyes glowed at his compliment and she jokingly said, “You owe me. That last guy was really, really cute.”

“Oh please. I’ve seen better looking men in Heaven.”

She sighed, “Ah. Angels. Must be so hot.”

TOP smirked, “The girl ones.” Instantly, Bom flared and turned red. She smacked his arm as he paid and laughed, “Calm down, Miss Bom.”

“Don’t call me that! ‘Miss’ is too formal. Just ‘Bom’ is ok.” He nodded and offered his arm, “Let me carry some, Bom, you bought a lot.”

Bom shifted some bags to his and she pulled her bright red hair behind her ears, “Thanks TOP.”

“My pleasure… Hey, Bom?”

“Mm?”

He smiled sweetly, “Work starts soon.”

In front of them, someone cleared his throat before Bom could yell, “Excuse me?”

TOP looked at him. He was dressed in a big white t-shirt and black shorts, his head sported a firm white hat and circular sunglasses hanging from the neck of his shirt, his shoes were Nike brand, new and red. He was a good-looking man, but he looked familiar, “What’s up?” Bom asked, popping his thought bubble.

The man’s question surprised him, “Can I get your number?”

Bom looked surprised too, her aura turned shockingly cold. She sized him up too, and TOP saw her smirk. Hmm…talk about tonight’s prey. TOP elbowed her side, “Ah! TOP!” She hissed and then flinched. Bom suddenly remembered his lesson and sighed, “Sorry. No can do.” The man looked surprised too, “Let’s go, TOP.”

“Wait.”

“What do you want?” TOP was annoyed now, the other men didn’t ask a second time, “She said ‘no’.”

“Really, I really want your number, ma’am.” Bom paused and looked at him. So far in her life, TOP was the only one who had enough respect for her to call her ‘ma’am’. Both TOP and Bom knew this. So why did a man dressed like a gangster provide as much respect as TOP? The older man looked around and his gaze locked onto a very familiar pair of eyes. He smiled slightly: Your student, CL?

She nodded: Yep, Kwon Jiyong. I was surprised he asked. Boy lacks confidence. Be nice to him, please TOP. You can always have that pretty girl of yours later. He almost yelled out loud to her, but caught himself, making her smirk, “Sorry sir.” Bom said it again, making TOP pleased with his student, “TOP, let’s go now.” Before Jiyong could ask again, TOP and Bom both turned back around.

“Wait!” CL. TOP stopped immediately to wait for her.

“TOP?”

He turned around and smiled, “Sorry Bom. Can we arrive a bit late to work?”

She scoffed, “Don’t have to tell me twice.” Turning around, TOP mentally groaned. The first thing Bom said to CL was: “Whoa! I love your outfit!!”

CL smiled, “Thanks. You’re pretty cute too.”

TOP rolled his eyes, “You’re such a girl.”

“YAH! I can’t help it!” Bom said and crossed her arms, “So…who are you?” She became more confused when CL slipped her arm through Jiyong’s, “What…?”

“Excuse me. I’m CL, Leader of Confidence and Individuality. This is my student, Kwon Jiyong. Sorry he was so persistent, I told him to be like that.” He scoffed, but didn’t say anything. She smiled, “I’d like to talk to TOP. Know a good place?”

Bom shrugged, “You like coffee?”

 

“Mm. Thank you Bom. This tastes great.” CL brought the cup from her lips back down onto the table and smiled, “I haven’t had coffee in forever.” She sighed and traced the cool glass.

“No need. Let me know if there’s anything else you want.” She headed back to the counter and Minji smiled at her, “What are you looking at, Minji-ah?”

“Nothing, it’s just that…that was the same man from yesterday, Unnie. And you walked in with him and his two other friends. Is there something going on? Was he that good?”

Bom blushed and cleared , “No. We didn’t sleep together…” It was odd, hearing her say that, making Bom feel even more depressed on why she was summoned a literal God to help turn her life around. “It’s complicated…”

“Either way, he and that other guy is really cute.” She watched TOP and CL talk; Jiyong was only sitting next to his teacher. For some reason, she felt annoyed, watching the other girl speak to TOP so freely, even laughing. “Unnie?”

Bom turned curtly, “What?”

“Are you ok?”

“Fine. Why?”

“Um…you just crushed that cup in your hands.” Bom looked down and cussed, finally feeling the pain. Blood rushed through the wounds in her hands and she groaned in pain.

“Bom!” TOP hurried forward and grabbed a towel, pressing it against her hand, “Damn it, Bom. This is why I have to be around you.” He whispered, looking into her eyes, “You could get even more hurt.” She nodded feebly. His fingers were covered in her blood and he cursed again, “. Why are there so many veins in a hand?”

“Bom, are you ok?” CL asked, touching her shoulder. Bom felt something inside her open. This girl meant no harm to her, all she was doing is talking to a friend, a fellow Leader/God. But why was she still so annoyed by her actions?

She nodded, “Yea…I just…I don’t know.” TOP sighed and helped her up, “Thanks TOP.”

“Yeah…just be careful.” He sighed and let go, “I think most of the bleeding has stopped now. Are you ok?” Before she could answer, he scoffed, “You know what, no. Never mind, I’m talking to your boss, Bom.” And he ran out in a blur of silver and blue.

Bom sighed, “What was the point in asking?”

CL chuckled, “TOP is really into making sure people are ok. He was like a personal doctor in the Heavens, you know, wounds still come up.” She blinked a few times before sighing and looked to Bom, “Well, it was nice meeting you, Park Bom. But Jiyong and I should be going. Thank you for uh, not being offended of our test.”

“Oh, no problem CL.” She said awkwardly.

“Tell TOP I’ll text him later!” CL motioned Jiyong forward who smiled at Bom and walked out with her, “You’re so slow, Jiyong!” The female complained, pushing him forward with both hands before they were out of sight. They already seem comfortable with each other. Bom noted. She thought about the last Leader, Taeyang, was it? What was he like? More importantly, did she really want to know?

“Yo Bom!” TOP called and gestured her towards him, “Let’s go. I talked to your boss.”

“How’d he let me off so easily?” She asked, pulling on her jacket, deciding to change when she got home. Bom pulled her hair back from her jacket while staring at the taller male.

TOP smirked, “I have my ways, Miss Bom.”

“Don’t call me that. It’s just creepy now.”

“’Now’? We’ve only known each other for a day, Bom.” He said.

She crossed her arms and walked forward, swaying her hips, “ing long day at that.” But she was gonna have to deal with this man for a while. Better not try and kill him.

“Such violent thoughts.”

 

“YAH!! Stop reading my mind!”