Meeting the Students (Part I)

It Takes Only Three Leaders for a Change

*No poll*

 

Bom woke up at the sound of a man snoring. She sighed and got up, picking off her clothes strewn on the floor and putting them back on. Even though they were wrinkled, she had nothing else here, of course. And she really wanted to be lazy, but work was calling. Smirking at her last night’s prey, Bom walked casually out, leaving only a cigarette in her place. The girl needed a smoke.

It was already nine thirty when she walked out of the fancy apartment complex. Yes, her prey was a rich guy, though; she managed to drain him of a few hundred dollars before. She pulled the bills out of her pocket and counted them in her head, feeling satisfied with the outcome. “Cost me a whole day of work, but god, this is worth it.” She said and stuffed it in her pocket. “Man, I wonder if Boss is going to fire me.” But she continued her journey anyway, “YAH! TAXI!” The driver was someone she knew. “Y-Yah! Yongguk?!”

He turned around; the dark haired male smirked and gave her thumbs up, “Hey Noona!” They weren’t really related, but she took care of him when he was younger. They’ve been close friends since childhood, even when she started to go off her path. Yongguk smirked, “Did you have fun last night, Noona?”

She hit him in the head, making him cringe, “ERT! That’s my business!”

“GAH! Sorry Noona! I was just curious.” He started the car and pressed on the gas pedal, “Going to work. Right, Noona?”

“Yea.”

“Ok. I’ll take you there soon. Free of charge for you Noona.” He swerved to the right, but she barely moved.

Bom smiled, “Thanks Yongguk! I owe you!”

He waved his hand, keeping one on the wheel, “No problem Noona, I’ve never really re-paid you when we were kids.” He laughed, “I just got us into more trouble.” Bom smiled. He’s always been mischievous, outgoing and extremely loud. But Yongguk was like a brother to her. He protected her, as he was significantly stronger and stood up for her. People always thought Yongguk was the reason Bom had turned out so…different than her parents. Maybe they were right. But Bom didn’t even think of such a thing. Yongguk pulled into the parking lot and shifted gears, “Here we are Noona! Hurry up and don’t get fired!”

“Alright! Alright! I’m going!” She hurried out and waved, “Bye Yongguk!” He waved and was off in a few seconds, making Bom cringe. Her boss would surely be mad.

She did get a scolding, a big one about being late for work. But thankfully, she wasn’t fired. She needed this job more than anything now that she was in debt of her apartment rents. Bom hurried to the back room where she met up with a younger employee, Minji. “Hey Unnie. You’re a little late. Were you out again?” Minji was a college student, using the job money to only pay for her books. Her eyes were playful, as if knowing Bom’s tasks.

“Yah! Minji! Don’t look at me like that! You’re too young!” Bom shoved her away and tore off her wrinkled shirt, pulling on the issued white button down, “And yes. I woke up late and had to call for a taxi.” She sighed as her fingers pulled a black pencil skirt on and smoothed it out. The wood floor clicked under her heels and she pulled her hair back in a long ponytail, “Why aren’t you out yet?”

“Boss didn’t need that much help since the café just opened. But I was about to go out right now. Come on Unnie! Your age is starting to show!!”

“Jeez, that girl.” Bom sighed and tied on her apron, also ignoring the incoming call on her cellphone. Bom walked out with a nice sway in her hips, it was her that called in customers, no matter how many times she showed up late, did something wrong or even skip work, her boss couldn’t afford to fire her. Bom was his literal money maker. “Yah Minji! There’s no more notepads!”

“Sorry Unnie. I forgot. You can take some of mine.” Just as she was doing so, a somewhat impatient voice called over to them.

“Oi! Who’s going to take my order?” Bom looked up. She hated working with these types of people, as if she wanted to be here.

“Just a moment sir.” Minji called and handed Bom a piece of paper, “He’s been here a bit. Go to him first. He seems irritable.”

Bom shrugged and walked over, whispering, “He’s pretty good-looking.” She took in his features naturally: his chin line, hair and the way he sat. His legs were uncrossed, planted to the floor, with one hand in his pocket; the other twirling his glasses carefully, his hair was glowing under the bright Sun, his chin jutted out in a powerful way, as if it wasn’t everything he lived for. On the small table was a cream colored folder, several papers out of line on the inside. Bom smiled, “Sorry sir. What can I get you?” He looked at her, up and down and she wondered if someone had told him about her. It would be no surprise, it’s happened before.

Instead, he asked, “Are you Park Bom?”

Taken aback by the question, all she did was nod, “Y-Yes. Is there a problem?” The man opened his folder and tapped a piece of paper inside.

“Nope. Actually, that’s perfect.” He smiled, closing the folder, “One cappuccino and a chocolate muffin please. Oh, and one of these.” He held out a magazine and sighed, “I feel like I’m going to be here a while.” Bom nodded, not bothering to ask.

“Of course sir. I’ll be right back.” While she was preparing his order, Minji bent over to whisper.

“Yah, Unnie. That man is making eyes at you.” Bom smirked and placed a hot cup on a small dish.

“Let him. I don’t mind.”

“Of course not…” Minji returned to her place at the cash register, “Well, then never mind. You’re so carefree like that, Unnie.”

Bom smiled and held the dish and muffin in one hand, the magazine he wanted in her other. Wonder if I can get him tonight. She thought. Suddenly, he smirked as she set down his order, “Uh-here you go sir. Do you need anything else?”

He picked up the cup’s handle and took a sip before saying, “No. Not yet. But thank you ma’am.” She was slightly surprised. When was the last time she had been called that? “Ma’am, are you all right?” Bom nodded and smiled.

“Yes sir. Enjoy.”

He winked, “I will ma’am.”

Just as his hand touched the handle again, she said, “Just call me Bom, sir.” The man nodded and smiled, making her sigh lightly. He pushed on his glasses and opened up the magazine as Bom turned around to leave.

“Miss Bom?”

She stopped and turned to look at him, “Yes?” She noticed the way the draping lights hit his face as he looked at her.

He looked oddly pale, yet not sickly. Grinning, he said, “When does your shift end?”

“Oh…the café closes at ten tonight. I work all day.”

“May I offer you a ride home?” She could’ve said that she had a car, or that she already had a ride. Or maybe even a boyfriend coming to pick her up. Yet, Bom let her instincts take over and she nodded. “Mm. I’ll be back then at ten to pick you up Miss Bom.” He picked up the muffin and magazine, leaving the cup. The door’s bell jingled as he walked out and waved, “See you!”

She blinked and he was gone. “Wha?” But she didn’t think on it, she just turned around and smiled. “Ride home eh?” She tightened her apron, “Let’s have some fun then, sir.”

 

“Unnie, I’m out! Should I wait for you and lock up?” Minji asked, grabbing her bag. Bom pressed the broom against the wall and unplugged the electronics from their circuits.

“Nah. I’ll lock up. I got that hot guy about to pick me up in a few minutes.” Bom smirked and took the keys form the younger girl.

Minji laughed, “Ok. See you later then Unnie!” She left through the door and got into her car. Bom went to the back room, changing into her normal clothes. Quickly, she grabbed her bag before turning off the lights. In the mere silence, the only noise heard was her shoes against the floor; she opened the door and looked around. He wasn’t here yet.

“Aish. It’s gonna get late.” Impatient, Bom made way to start walking home, “I can always have some fun another time anyway.” She thought about calling Yongguk for a ride, but decided against it, “He’s either asleep or with a girl right now. Better to not bother him.” She walked through the streets, lights guiding her way, but it didn’t comfort her much. Her body was tense, and she’d hate to admit it but, she was scared.

“Yo, yo. What a fine looking woman.” She kept walking, “Hmm. I call dibs.” The sound of feet running was suddenly getting closer, thus Bom made a run for it, ditching her bag on the ground. Why did this have to happen? “You can run! But trust me, I’ve seen them try.” How creepy. Is this some regular ?! Bom shivered at the thought and made a turn-bad mistake. Dead end. To be honest, Bom wasn’t too familiar with this area; she lived near the borders of Seoul, though she wanted to get familiar. It’s too late now. “Ah. I knew it…they always make your mistake.” A strong bulky hand gripped her waist and she cried out in surprise and pain. His nails dug into her milky skin, breath dripping with alcohol. “Mm. How pretty. I can’t wait to see what’s underneath.”

“Aish…ert.” A short gasp came from Bom and the culprit’s mouths. That voice was familiar to her. A sharp slap and metal against skin could be heard and Bom dropped to the ground.

She turned around and sighed of relief, “Oh. I’m relieved.” The man stood tall, holding her bag with one hand and a knife with the other, “Somewhat.”

He grinned, “You dropped this, idiot.”

“YAH! How can you say that when I was about to be ?!”

“What surprised me most is that you barely made a sound. That small squeal is what led me here to save you, Miss Bom.”

Bom gritted her teeth and stood up, “You were the one who was late!”

“Sorry. I had to do some work before I came and I lost track of time.” He set the bag at his waist, “But you know, it’d be nice if you thanked me for saving you, Miss Bom.” In the dark shadows of the alley, he looked scarier, more serious than this morning. But she kind of liked darker sides, it was wilder and she liked wild.  He smirked suddenly, “Oh. Just as I was told.”

“Whoa? What are talking about?”

He brought out a folder, the one he had at the café and his glasses. Slipping them on, he opened the folder and read it again, “Never mind that, ma’am.” The man stored the folder in her bag. He offered her his free hand and grinned, “Now how about that ride home?” Confused, Bom took his hand and he pulled her up. Her cheeks grew hot as his lips touched her skin, her hand against his thigh. Strongly, he tugged her along and opened the door for her. Through this, Bom said nothing. Even when he started driving, she felt like she didn’t need to tell him where she lived. But that was impossible. How would he know?

She was struck dumb again, as he pulled into her apartment complex building and she screamed, “HOW THE DO YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE?” He laughed and smirked.

“Miss Bom. I understand that you’re confused. So allow me to explain.” He stood out of his car and called in, “May we go inside?”

“You’d think I’d actually let a stranger as creepy as you into my home?!”

He glared, “Well you let men in who are willing to pleasure you.” She widened her eyes, in surprise and guilt. “Such an odd combination in your eyes, Miss Bom.” He said and held out his hand, “Please. I’m only trying to help you. So please let me explain.” She thought back. This…was it really a good idea? She didn’t know his intentions, his strength, his background… So many things could go wrong. “Oh, so you’re not as stupid as I thought you were.”

“W-What is that supposed to mean?!”

“Like I said, I’ll explain this all. But I’d rather, we go inside. It’s a bit dangerous out here.” Curiosity got in the way and she reluctantly gave in. They made their way to her small apartment, the walls a dark green, couch a warm brown to match the floor. It was simple, yet cluttered and small. She sat at the wooden table in front of the stove and gritted her teeth.

“You have two minutes to tell me what the Hell you think you’re doing.”

He smiled, “My name is Choi Seunghyun. But call me TOP. My explanation will sound as crazy as ever, but I assure you, I’m not taking any drug whatsoever.” Because that’s settling. TOP smirked, “Your mind is an open book.”

“What?”

“I read minds, ma’am. I’m practically a God myself. My ‘work’ is the Leader of Intelligence. I was picked out by The Gods in Heaven to serve those in need of my help. Not only have those who lack in schooled grades, but those who are stupid with their given common sense. No offense, Miss Bom, but that concerns you very much.” She glared at him, but said nothing. He cringed, “Your mind is surely a nasty one.”

“Yah!”

“There’s nothing to be offended with, Miss Bom. It’s natural. Though, I usually am assigned to help men. This would be my first female assignment since 2005.” Bom raised a brow, “Now. I’ve been sent here to teach you the ways of Intelligence. I must stay until I’m sure you’ve conquered such a skill.”

“Skill my , TOP.” He smiled as if he was expecting that remark, “This is my life, and I intend to do what I want with it.”

He chuckled, “You’d get along well with the Leader of Confidence, CL. She’s always into that fighting spirit. But really Miss Bom, you need my guidance.”

“Why is that?” She asked, getting ill-tempered. Why did she even believe this anyway?

TOP crossed his legs, “Because everyone deserves second chances.” Bom’s gaze dropped, “Let me help you with yours. It’s my duty, Miss Bom. I can change you into someone amazing.”

She gripped her fists together, “That folder.”

“Hmm? This one?” He held it in a snap, not even letting her ask, “What about it?”

She looked at him, her eyes piercing, “How much do you know from that ing folder?!” TOP cringed slightly, leaning back only a centimeter. “Tell me. Is my past…practically written in there? Everything?”

He opened it and closed his eyes, “Starting with the fire you were in, long times ago, Miss Bom.”

 

She paused and gulped, “That’s what I was afraid of…” Bom slapped the table, “I’ll do it!”