One Year Promise

Winner Takes All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tOyEvnSyY

--------------------------------------

You went out of the school gym to find Minwoo and luck wasn't really on your side. You released a small sigh and touched your cap, just then you remembered where he was and went there.

You arrived at the bleachers where Minwoo brought back your cap and where the two of you actually met for the first time. You looked around but you still couldn't see him so you sat down and again released a small smile.

"Looking for me?" a voice came.

You looked around and saw Minwoo sitting by the dark. You stood up and sat next to him. "Being a ninja?" you joked and he actually laughed a bit. "Not really. I just don't want anyone looking for me right now. But, I guess you found me." he said. "How'd you know?" he asked and you pointed at your cap. "Ah~" he nodded and chuckled.

 

"Are you alright?" you asked. 

"Surprisingly...yeah. I am." he said. "I never felt this happy." 

"Are you being serious or are you just being mean to Sulli?" you released a chuckle and so did he. 

"I'm being serious." he paused for a while.

 

"I've always been around Sulli...so I wasn't able to go roam around with my friends, my classmates and you." 

You were taken aback when he mentioned you. "M-me?" you repeated and he just nodded. "Why me?" 

"Don't you remember?" 

"Remember what?"

Minwoo chuckled and looked at you slightly in disbelief. "Think back during freshman year, what did I promise you?" 

 

-Flashback to Freshmen year-

First day of school and you were new. You roamed around the school before the school bell rang. You found yourself at the school's field. You saw the bleachers and just sat there, looking at the view. Just then you noticed a boy student heading your way. You didn't mind him that much but you knew he was also a freshman, like you.

"May I join you?" he asked politely and you responded by nodding your head and giving him a small smile. 

"I'm No Minwoo, freshman." he offered his hand for you to shake and you shook it. "Goo ~~~~~, freshman." you gave him another small smile and let go of his hand. "Freshman too? Awesome. I guess we're classmates then." he said. You just nodded along and you were wondering why he was talking to you. 

"Because I feel like you're an approachable person." he suddenly spoke.

You blinked and looked at him. "E-excuse me?" you said. 

"You're wondering why I'm talking to you right?" 

"What the..can he read minds or something?" you thought and you nodded at him giving him an answer. 

"Okay, so you think I'm approachable...but why is that you're talking to me and not the others?" you asked. 

Minwoo looked at you and you looked at him. "One, they'll just keep on bugging me and ask me weird questions. Two, if I talk to other girls, they'll start flirting with me. And three, you're really pretty." you wanted to blush at what he said last but you held it back and just gave him a scoff.

"And in the end you're the who flirts." you rolled your eyes and looked at the other direction. Minwoo just chuckled and smiled at your reaction and response. "But, we can be friends right?" he asked. You looked at him for a while then looked at the scenery. "Yeah, I guess..." you shrugged. 

"Good, then can I make you a promise?" 

"A promise?"

Minwoo nodded. "What kind of promise?" you asked, confused. 

"During our freshman year together, I want to promise you that I'll stay by your side as your friend." he said. 

You looked at him and let out a laugh. "That's impossible. You can't stay by my side all the time." you said.

 

During that year, he did stay by your side but you weren't really realizing it. Whenever you were injured in PE he was always there to help you. Whenever you wanted something to get from the library, he was there too. Even when going home he was always with you.

Until, when Sulli transfered, that's when everything changed for you and Minwoo but you didn't realize it and both of you eventually forgot about the promise he made.

-End of Flashback-

----------------------------------------------------