Advice from Mom

Winner Takes All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4vcCVn8Pvk

-----------------------------

That night you went home by yourself early. You were allowed to skip baseball practice just to work on two projects that was due by the end of the week. Quickly after arriving home, you got started. While working on it, your mom brought you some snacks then your mom offered to help you and you allowed her.

While working on it with your mom, you guys to bond more with each other. You talked about your day in school and she talked about her day at work. Then dinner time came. You helped your mom with making dinner and setting up the table. After getting everything ready, both of you went to the table and ate.

After an hour of eating and talking, your mom cleaned up the table and washed the dishes. You went up and continued working on your project. Your mom came up with more snacks and refilled your chocolate milk and also went back to helping you. "Hey mom." 

"Hm?" 

"How...do you make a guy fall in love?" you asked while busily working. Your mom stopped what she was doing and looked at you with confusion. "Are you...in love dear?"

"Huh? Aniyo! I just..wanted to know.." you murmured and your mom giggled. 

"Well...honestly...you can't make a guy fall in love." 

"Oh great...it gets more difficult than it already is..." you thought and rolled your eyes.

"But...the guy can fall in love with you." she said and you stopped what you were doing.

"Really?" 

"Yeah, really." she nodded her head and also stopped working.

"That's how your dad and I met. He fell in love with me."

"But..how did he fall for you?" 

"He told me...that only by looking at me, he has already fallen in love." your mom looked down and smiled. You honestly thought it was cheesy but since it was your dad you had to admit that he was pretty romantic. "But aside from just by looking at me, what really made him fall for me was how I was always by his side. To be completely honest, I wasn't really doing anything much."

"I was like you when I was your age. Just studying, trying to get good grades just to continue what I love doing the most." she said.

"I was always with your dad, but I never paid attention to him that much. But he did. He paid attention to how much I was always there with him when I don't even realize it." 

"So, at first it was like love at first sight?" you asked and she nodded.

"But then, the more he spent time with you, he fell for you and you fell for him." you connected the dots and your mom giggled as she nodded.

"How did you fall for dad?" 

"He was always there making me smile, making me feel happy and also being able to protect me. Your dad may not look like it, but he protected me that time when I was being mugged." your mom said as she went back to what she was doing.

"I guess it's the way he made me feel protected that me fall for him." 

 

You nodded your head and went back to work to. "Honey." she said. "Yeah?" you lifted your head up. "Don't make the move of making the guy fall for you. Let him like you on his own." she smiled and you smiled back. As you looked away and you released a small sigh. 

-----------------------------------------------