Lay and Luhan

Ignorance Is A Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

 

 

Lay and Luhan

 

You stared up at Lay in complete and utter shock. He had known it was me all this time?! “U-Umm I-”

In front of you, Luhan sighed and rolled his eyes with annoyance and a hint of impatience. “Can’t you see that we’re clearly having an intimate moment here, Lay?” Luhan pointed to you in his lap with your hands on his chest, legs in-between his.

You hit Luhan’s shoulder and scoffed, “You wish, bimbo.” Before you quickly scrambled out of his lap and turned to Lay who was patiently waiting for the bickering to end. “I’m sorry if you felt uncomfortable by my presence when you were dancing.” You apologised to Lay while fiddling with the ends of your skirt. As much as you found this surprising, you found it extremely interesting that all this time it had been Lay who was the dancer, that the image certainly hadn’t been ruined but had in fact been enhanced in your eyes.

A small, appreciative smile appeared on Lay’s lips. “It’s okay, I’m glad you enjoy it enough to come see me… every day.” The way he added ‘every day’ on the end of that sentence really made your cheeks burn with embarrassment, the fact that he just knew all this time and hadn’t said anything, it flustered you. “Well, you’re a great dancer…” You mumbled shyly while curling a strand of hair behind your ear, smiling at the ground.

On the ground that you were smiling at, Luhan folded his arms across his chest and rolled his eyes. “No, don’t mind me. Please, continue with acting like you’re in a soppy Korean drama.”

Frowning, you opened your mouth to give a snappy retort but closed it when Lay also frowned and started speaking to Luhan in Mandarin. “Is that necessary? If it wasn’t for me you wouldn’t have even met her, don’t embarrass her and be grateful that I let you talk to her.”

You didn’t have to be an expert in Mandarin to know that Lay was pissed off. Even though you couldn’t understand what he was saying exactly, you could tell by his tone that something wasn’t right.

Luhan’s previously lively eyes turned to ice at Lay’s words, grateful in this moment that you had no idea what was being said. “Do you really want to start this? Last time I checked she didn’t belong to you. And what do you mean ‘Let you’? Since when do I need your permission to talk to people?”

Lay clenched his fists.

Your eyes flickered rapidly from Lay to Luhan as the friendly and jokingly atmosphere had seemed to have dropped to a serious and tense atmosphere in a matter of seconds. “Ah, guys? Is everything… Okay?” You quietly interrupted their glaring contest, making their heads snap up at the sound of your voice.

Luhan’s eyes remained angry as he smiled cheerfully at you. “Sure, everything is just peachy. Isn’t that right, Yixing?”

Lay glared at Luhan for using his real name in front of you; He disliked his name, believing that it doesn’t suit him and sounds out of place for his surroundings. “Don’t call me that.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.”

“Stop being immature!” Lay hissed in return, taking you slightly by surprise because you had never once seen Lay look remotely angry since he first came to your school.

Luhan got up from the ground with an angry scowl plastered on his face. “What’s wrong with you lately? And I thought one sourflower was enough for today.” He added as he sneaked a glance at you, sighing when he saw your confused and worried expression.

Lay followed his glance and saw you, you were now squirming slightly under their gaze and Lay couldn’t help but think it was absolutely adorable. He softened as he started to feel the guilt set in after talking about you like you weren’t even there. Turning back to Luhan, he also sighed. “Don’t worry about it then… I have to go now.”

You perked up at the sound of Lay speaking Korean as relief flooded your system. Though they had stopped bickering, you weren’t entirely convinced that everything was all fine and dandy. However, you decided to play along, not wanting them to fight in Mandarin again. “Oh, you’re leaving already?”

Lay nodded, staring at you quietly for quite a lengthy time. You didn’t know what to say. Should I being saying by bye now? Why is he just staring at me? Should I leave? Should he leave? Am I supposed to say something here? Instead of saying anything, you just continued to stare back up at him with co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter