That Night

Ignorance Is A Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Night

 

"Lay." You sighed once again, moving your head to the side when he tried to kiss you. "We should stop." The two of you were still outside and after the embrace the two of you shared, Lay seemed to have acquired a new found confidence. Courtesy, of what you were guessing, to all the alcohol he had earlier.

 

"But I want to do it." He said with half lidded eyes as he brought your body against his.

 

You shivered at his words while your heart began to beat loudly in your chest. Am I actually excited? You shook your head quickly, trying to clear your thoughts. Apparently Lay wasn't the only one who had had too much to drink. "W-Why don't you tell me some more secrets?" Anything to keep yourself from doing something you know you'll regret in the morning when you wake up next to Luhan, sober.

 

"Secrets?" Lay repeated, a little bit slurry, "I guess I could tell you a few more."

 

Drunk Lay sure was interesting, before he started attacking you, he was telling you everyone's secrets. Which surprised you, since you thought Sehun was the rightfully entitled 'secret keeper' as he knew almost everything about everyone. But Lay certainty wasn't uninformed; so far he had told you about how there was a girl Chen actually cared about and had loved for years, but doesn't like admitting it so he continues his playboy ways. Xiumin had had a drinking problem in the past and Suho hasn't spoken to his parents in four years.

 

Lay sat down on the grass a few meters away from the Lake, giving up on trying to kiss you for the moment. You carefully sat down next to him, leaving a bit more space between you and him than what you would usually have, just so you don't give him any ideas. "Okay," He held up his index finger, "This is the last one."

 

You nodded, bringing your legs in against your chest and wrapping your arms around them. "I'm listening."

 

"Baekhyun is still in love with Mina."

 

You tilted your head to the side as a small frown began to form, instantly confused. "What? Don't you mean Kai?"

 

"Nope." Lay shook his head. "Before Kai, Mina had liked Baekhyun as well. She liked them both at the same time."

 

You frowned into the distance, not sure if Lay was telling the truth or if the alcohol had him telling some dramatic stories. "She did?" You pressed the topic further, made up or not, you weren't going to pass a good story.

 

"Yeah. Well- yeah. It started off pretty innocent enough, but then things kind of got serious. The boys confessed, Kai first. Then she confessed... They were practically sharing her." Lay shook his head as he remembered all the heartache Mina, Kai and Baekhyun endured last year. "Not only did Kai and Baekhyun start to hate each other, but Mina started to hate herself..." He looked down sadly.

 

You gave him a sideward glance, this story seemed a bit too emotional on Lay's part to be lie. Is that why she's so weird with Baekhyun? "So...She ended up choosing Kai?" Your thought left your mouth, still trying to wrap your head around it. Mina didn't really seem like the sharing type to you.

 

"Pretty much." Lay continued, "I kind of always thought Kai was the one she liked the most. But Baekhyun also influenced her decision, too. Apparently he was only interested in her because she reminded him of his ex girlfriend, Hye Su. Who, as you know, is now his current girlfriend."

 

You nodded, trying to keep up.

 

"Mina confessed to Kai that she loved him and told Baekhyun that she just saw him as a friend. Baekhyun was hurt, of course, but this gave him another chance to be with Hye Su. A little time went by and all was happy but..." He trailed off, feeling awkward.

 

"But?" You repeated, nudging his shoulder. You didn't want him to leave it on a cliff-hanger.

 

"But," Lay sighed. "You can see it, you know. The way Baekhyun looks at Mina, the way he acts around Mina. I know he probably likes Hye Su a lot, too. But he's still in love with Mina, he even tried to kiss her recently, that's why they're so awkward these days."

 

Your mind went flooding back to the moment when you were with Luhan in the auditorium and you saw Baekhyun running after Mina. It all made sense now. That's what she was going to tell you about and that's why she is so awkward with Baekhyun. You let out a breath you didn't know you had been holding in. "Wow..." You said quietly, amazed yet sympathetic towards the three of them. "It's so... sad." Baekhyun must be feeling so confused and Mina... You shook your head. Knowing her she's probably loaded up with guilt.

 

"Yeah...So that's Baekhyun's secret." Lay said with a sigh, falling back into the grass and closing his eyes.

 

"Amazing..." You murmured, following Lays action as you laid down against the grass.

 

"Yeah." Lay smiled with his eyes closed. "You are amazing."

 

You chuckled and shook your head, closing your eyes as you unconsciously reached out and slipped your hand into Lay's palm, intertwining your fingers with his. "You're a good friend, Lay."

 

Lay smirked and squeezed your hand. "I know."

 

--

 

There was something wrong. Something definitely wasn't right here.

 

These weren't the lips he wanted, this wasn't the person he wanted to beg for more while they gasped for air.

 

This definitely wasn't you. The hair, the clothes, the smell; all wrong.

 

Luhan frowned, the familiar yet unwanted taste of Yunko's lips on his was upsetting him- troubling him. Why am I not enjoying this? He couldn't take it anymore, he pulled back from the kiss and tried to catch his breath, looking down at Yunko with confusion as she wiped her lips with the back of her hand. "What's wrong?" She asked, startled by his sudden expression.

 

Luhan looked at Yunko carefully; from her slender frame and her high cheek bones, down to where her dress had been hiked up by Luhan during their heated make out session. Usually, the sight of her like this would really get him going, heck, the sight of any girl like this would get him going. But it didn't, quite the opposite actually; he felt disgusted with himself.

 

"What's  wrong with me?" He muttered to himself when his thoughts were suddenly invaded by you. Your laugh as you placed your hand in his, your voice as you told him you loved him, your smile that you saved only for him. . He shook his head, stepping back. Oh no. "It's her..." He said in disbelief. Oh no, no, no.

 

Yunko looked around, utterly confused. "Um... What?"

 

Luhan pressed his palm against his forehead. His body didn't want just any girl anymore, he wanted just one girl. "It's Saerom." He said in almost a gasp. He felt his heart beat widely, all the pieces coming together now. "I don't want to kiss you because I like her." He said to Yunko in annoyance, eyes troubled as if he were in pain. "I think... I think I'm in love with her."

 

Yunko rolled her eyes at his emotional crisis and grabbed his collar, "Just shut up and kiss me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter