Know You Better

Ignorance Is A Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

 

 

‘To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.’ –George MacDonald.

 

 

Know You Better

 

“So…If you don’t mind me asking, what is Luhan like?” You asked Mina and Eunhee as you sat on top of a hill, watching a nearby class participate in long jump for their P.E lesson. The three of you had decided to cut class since you were already late, it would be a waste of time to barge in halfway through the lesson just to be lectured on for arriving late.

“Well,” Mina started as she nibbled at her sweet bread, “He’s really weird. His mood changes all the time.” She mused, her expression deep in thought, “I mean… Most of the time he is quiet but then he can be really funny and loud. He’s erted, I know that much, but he has issues with getting close to girls.” When you and Eunhee raised your eye brows at her statement she backtracked, “No, I mean getting friendly with girls. Like having them as friends,” She explained and you nodded, understanding.

The reason why you wanted to ask about Luhan was simply because you really didn’t know much about him at all, and yet you had lost your first kiss to him. It would be only natural that you wanted to know more of his personality.

“And,” Eunhee added to Mina’s personality profile of Luhan, “He’s stubborn, unbelievably stubborn. And ignorant. He just assumes things before he even tries to understand them.” She concluded with a frustrated sigh, “I really don’t know how Sehun can put up with him all the time.”

“Well,” Mina interrupted as she stared off into the distance, a teasing smile spreading across her lips, “You’re about to find out more about him yourself.” She giggled and pointed to where she was staring.

“Huh?” Your eyes followed her finger until you saw three tall figures walking up the hill to where you were sitting. You gasped. “Is that-”

“Oh yes,” Mina smiled as she waved Kai, Luhan and Sehun down, “It’s Luhan. I texted the three of them to come here, it will be good for you to get to know him yourself!” She clasped her hands together while smiling at you and you face-palmed yourself, you definitely weren’t prepared for this. Great. Just great.

Eunhee let out a flustered squeal, “Mina, you should have told me!” She whined as she patted her hair down even though her wavy brown locks looked perfectly fine.

The embarrassment and plain awkwardness was evident on your face when Luhan finally stopped a few feet away from you with Sehun and Kai, his expression one of amusement. You refused to meet any of their gazes and had your eyes firmly on your hands in your lap, getting side tracked every now and then by Luhan’s pristine white conversers which  were directly in front of you.

Luhan chuckled at your expression then looked to Mina. “You set this up, didn’t you?”

Your cheeks began to feel hot once you noticed that Luhan was speaking in Mandarin to Mina. He must have known you didn’t know how to speak it because it didn’t take a genius to know he was talking about you.

You felt someone sit in-between you and Mina and you quickly glanced next to you. Once you saw the dark brown hair, smooth skin and plumb lips, you breathed a sigh of relief that it was only Kai.

Mina stuck her tongue out at Luhan as she moved over so Sehun could sit next to Eunhee. “It’s not polite to speak in another Language when no one knows what you’re saying.”

Luhan smirked. “I thought it was a good idea, now we can confess our love for each other without your boyfriend knowing.”

Next to you, kai growled and wrapped a possessive arm around Mina’s waist. “I can understand you, Idiot.”

So I guess they can understand too, great. You inwardly sighed as the heat still hadn’t left your cheeks and you started to pull at the grass. I should have paid more attention in language class when I had the chance.

Sehun rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. “Guys, not everyone can speak Chinese. Don’t be rude.” He stated then nudged Mina’s side, “Are you going to introduce us to your friend or what?”

“O-Oh- Right…” Mina wriggled out of Kai’s lap and walked over to you. You looked up with cautious and nervous eyes when she pulled you to your feet and turned you so that you were facing everyone, including Luhan. His expression was unreadable but you could spot a small smirk beginning to form. This didn’t help your nervousness.

“Well everyone, this is Saerom. Saerom is our newest friend, please treat her nicely!” Mina beamed and pushed you forward. You gulped, you were never one to feel extremely shy but the fact that these people were the most popular in the school and the fact that Luhan had just friend zoned you before he came here was starting to dawn on you.

You shakily bowed. “Hello,” When you stood straight again you were met with polite smiles from Kai and Sehun; you didn’t dare look at Luhan. “It’s nice to meet you.” You finally managed to say after a short pause.

“I think she’s shy.” You heard Kai say, making you blush even more.

“Nah,” Your eyes widened when you heard Luhan’s voice and felt Luhan’s arm around your shoulder, “She’s alright, right Saerom?” You looked up from the ground to see Luhan smiling at you in close proximity. Eyes softening and heart pounding, you hated how he made you feel so light headed and vulnerable every time he smiled at you.

Everyone looked between you and Luhan rapidly. Of course they had already heard the news about what had happened but it shocked them that Luhan was being so nice.

Sehun looked between you and Luhan with narrowed eyes. “Are you two… friends with benefits or something?” He finally asked, knowing that Luhan will probably kill him later for suggesting such a thing.

You briefly saw Kai chuckle before Mina slapped his arm, signalling that this wasn’t a laughing matter. You, however, now resembled a tomato. It had been a long time since you’ve blushed like that and you weren’t too fond of the fact that it was Sehun’s sly remark tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter