Mixed Messages

Ignorance Is A Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fourteen

 

“You could be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.” – Gary Allan

 

Mixed Messages

 

 

 

“But that can’t be right,” Eunhee frowned, “Sehun told me that you and Lay kissed, and Sehun is infamous for knowing this type of crap.”

You shrugged. You had just finished explaining to Mina and Eunhee what had happened when you met up with Lay to talk about the so called ‘Kiss’ you and he had shared.

“I swear, Saerom,” Lay looked into your eyes as he took hold of your hand under the table, squeezing it softly, “I wouldn’t want to ruin our friendship by telling such an immature lie to Sehun- of all people.”

You smiled a tiny bit, looking down to where he was holding your hand. Are all boys like this? Is this a normal thing? Well… whatever.

“Alright,” You said, “I believe you.”

Lay sighed in relief and leaned back in his chair as his hand slid away from yours.

“But!” You interjected, pointing a finger at him, “I better not hear anymore lies.”

Lay chuckled and shook his head at you, “Fine, fine.”

“Maybe he was telling the truth.” You mused while Eunhee still looked troubled. “Then I wonder why he would lie about it…Something seems a fishy here.”

Mina raised an eyebrow, “Fishy?”

“Suspicious, you know what I mean.” Eunhee huffed.

However you weren’t paying much attention, looking off into the distance as you wondered why Luhan hadn’t texted you back or spoken to you for three whole days. I haven’t heard anything from him since last Friday… “Oh,” You sparked up as you saw a figure in the distance, “Baekhyun’s coming over here.” You smiled as you waved him over.

Beside you, however, Mina tensed up; a guilty feeling rising in the bit of her stomach. That’s when you had remembered the odd exchange you witnessed between them a few days ago. It seemed pretty serious actually. You thought about it for a moment. I wondered what happed. That day was so weird. The day I met Lay…The day Luhan kissed me on the cheek. You smiled like a young girl as you remembered the moment. I bet he likes me.

“Are things still tense between you and Baekhyun?” Eunhee asked with worry, which was something new since it’s rare for Eunhee to actually be serious.

Mina sighed and nodded, “It’s not the best…’ She admitted.

You, on the other hand, had no idea what was going on. “Um…” You looked from Eunhee to Mina, “There’s something going on between you and Baekhyun?” You trailed off with general confusion.

“It’s kind of hard to explain.” Mina said nervously, “It’s better not to talk about out in the open though, I’ll tell you when you come over next week."

You were burning with curiosity at this point, but let it slide since Mina looked so uncomfortable. You put a hand on hers, “Don’t stress, whatever it is, we’ll still be friends.” Mina beamed up at you with her big brown eyes which almost sparkling with the amount of delight she held in them, “Yeah!”

“Hey guys.” Baekhyun greeted with a polite smile, making you jump a little in surprise. “Oh hi, Beakhyun!” You greeted with a smile. Even though you didn’t know what was going on between him and Mina, you knew he wasn’t a bad guy and you were sure Mina knew that too.

“Sup, Bacon? Come sit.” Eunhee smirked as he chuckled, sitting down next to you, “Nothing much-“

“I-I have to go, I’ll see you all later.” Mina said as she gathered her lunch box with nervous hands, turning to give you a small smile before she walked away.

Baekhyun looked down at the table awkwardly, “Guess that hasn’t gotten any better.”

Eunhee gave him a rare, sympathetic smile, “Don’t worry about it, she’ll get over it.”

There was silence while Baekhyun nodded and Eunhee returned a text message. You bought your lunch out of your bag, “Want a muffin?” You offered Baekhyun as you already started nibbling on a chocolate one.

“Thanks,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter