Recovering

Ignorance Is A Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 36

 

A/N

FIrst of all; SO SORRY

Second; Happy reading plz don't hate me T T

 

Recovering

 

 

"Luhan?" You breathed out, shocked at his sudden appearance. "Wh-What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Luhan retorted, looking over your shoulder to the flashing neon lights of club S.P.Y. He narrowed his eyes, "Going out for a or what?" He nudged his chin towards the club.

Your cheeks reddened, looking away from his handsome face to stare at the ground. "I-I was just here for Lay's performance." You tried.

Luhan scoffed at you, severely unconvinced. "Is Lay a performer at club S.P.Y, is he?"

You continued to look down, not only were you ashamed but it was just hard to look at him. You weren't in denial, you did miss Luhan, and you were afraid if you looked at him too long you'll jump right back into his arms again.

"I'm not going to ask why, because I probably already know." He muttered. She's probably looking for Yunko. Feeling guilty as he continued to look at the club. "But take my advice," He said, his voice softer now, "Please don't go looking for trouble."

"Why would you care?" You muttered, feeling defensive now that you had been caught. "I wasn't enough to stop you from going, apparently." You finally looked up him, resentment lingering in your glance. Who knows how many nights he has spent there while he was my 'boyfriend'.

Your words stung at Luhan as if you had just squeezed lemon juice into his wounds, but it was the look you were giving him that really hurt him. There was so much pain it, you were looking at him with such a guarded expression that it made him feel lower than the dirt beneath his foot. Usually, Luhan would be snapping back at you but instead he took a deep breath, trying to listen to Kris's advice and be mature about this. He sighed, "Just let me walk you back to where you're supposed to be going."

You bit your bottom lip. What were you going to do? Fight him? I had been caught, there's no point and trying to see Yunko... not now anyway. "Fine." You muttered in defeat, leading the way to Baekhyun's car as you walked past him, heart beating loudly when you accidently knocked shoulders with him.

It was silent and a lot more awkward than you would like, the only sound that you could hear was yours and Luhan's footsteps and the occasional car driving by. It was strange, you noticed, having him walk next to you without holding his hand. And it would be so easy to hold his hand. You thought as you stole a glance at him, only to find that he was looking at you. Damn it.

You quickly cleared your throat and looked away, eager to escape the awkward atmosphere the two of you had created. "So," You began, trying to get a topic out there. "Did you see the performance?"

Luhan nodded, "I did." He confirmed. "Lay did well." He added, sounding like a genuine compliment.

So he was there. "He did." You agreed.

"Have you guys been talking much?" Luhan asked, trying to be casual as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, the desire to hold your hand becoming too much.

"Um... Not really." You admitted with hesitation, wondering if this really was the only thing Luhan had to offer to talk about.

Luhan breathed out a sigh of relief, "So you guys aren't like... Together or anything?" He asked vaguely, attempting to sound indifferent as he shrugged.

"Luhan it's been three days." You reminded curtly, pressing your lips together as you stared directly ahead. Did he think I would move on that fast?

"Right, sorry. My bad." He apologized, frowning at the night sky. I really thought she would be trying to get with him by now.

You sighed, seeing Baekhyun's car coming in to view. Thank god. "Anyway, Baekhyun's car is just over there so you can probably go-"

"Don't date Lay." Luhan suddenly blurted, interrupting you.

"What-"

Luhan took a deep breath. "If you really can't stand me and can't find yourself to give me a second chance then fine. I get it." He said, finally looking at you, "But please. Please don't give that chance to Lay."

"Luhan," You were more than tired of this at this point, "Are you actually being serious right now?" Because if he was, you weren't sure if you were strong enough to hear this.

"Yes I'm serious." He confirmed, ignoring your sigh. "I just can’t freaken stand it." He muttered, running a frustrated hand through his hair, "The way he walks around acting like he loves you more than I do. It just pisses me off."

And before you could stop yourself, the words slipped from your mouth, "Have you ever thought that maybe he does?" You looked at him, wondering why you were feeling so hopeless at this moment.

"Don't do that." He said sternly, "You know I love you." In his pocket, his hand gripped tighter around the necklace, he had been carrying it around everywhere with him. You're the only girl I've loved.

"Do I?" You challenged, for if you compared all the moments he made you feel unwanted rather than loved, he was fighting a losing battle.

His face got stony and you knew what was happening, he was getting angry again. But he tried to restrain himself for your sake, "How can this be so easy for you?" He asked, as he suddenly grabbed your hand, "Don't I mean anything to you?"

"Easy?" You scoffed in disbelief, taking your hand out of his with a sharp pull. No matter how much you wanted to hold his hand, you weren't going to allow yourself to fall prey. "You think it was easy to find out that you cheated on me?"

"Maybe not." He admitted, quick to get to his next point. "But it was certainly easy enough for you to believe that Lay's in love with you. And to forget about me."

You sighed, the two of you had stopped walking by this point, standing a few feet away from Baekhyun's car in an empty carpark. "I haven't forgotten."

"Not yet," Luhan argued, taking your hand once again, "But at the rate you're going, it won't take much. One more fancy dance competition is probably all it would take."

You let him take your hand this time, your defenses falling a little bit when an actual chuckle escaped your lips despite the situation you were in, "You're being dumb, Luhan."

"It's not dumb if it's true." He said in such a way that you expected to see a pout, but you were surprised to see there wasn't, he was just looking at you anxiously. Was he being serious?

"It is dumb." You argued, "Because I probably couldn't forget about you even if I tried." You shook your head and Luhan began to smile, a real smile this time. The smile that you had fallen in love with so easily before.

But you had to look away before you could get carried away, which you surely would if given the chance. "But I'm going to be serious now," You warned, taking your hand out of his, "And ask that can you please stop this? What language did you think I was speaking when I said I wanted time alone?"

"Hard-to-get language?" Luhan offered playfully with a shrug.

"Luhan." You said, trying to be serious.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I just..." He paused, stepping towards you as he took your hand, "I can't stand being away from you."

That really tugged on your heart strings, so much so that you didn't push him away as he stepped even closer to you, your bodies almost touching. It had only been three days, yet you were missing him, somewhere deep inside, maybe you did want to make things better.

"Don't you feel the same too?" He whispered, leaning in further in as his free hand cupped your cheek.

You shivered, your rational thought being taking over by his intoxicating gaze. Right now, he was only looking at you, you were the only one in sight, the only one he wanted. And that's what you wanted, to be wanted by him. You could feel his breath lightly ghost over your lips.

But how long will you be the only girl for? Came a small voice in the back of your head. A day? A month? A year? But.... Your thoughts were becoming hazy, the sight of his lips only centimeters away making you second guess yourself. Maybe it will be different this time.

"AHEM!" Someone cleared their voice behind you loudly.

You jumped back, taking your hand out of Luhan's as you tried to regain your sense, "Wh-Who-"

"Hi, Baekhyun." Luhan greeted stiffly, trying to restrain himself from slapping him. That was my moment! ing hell Baekhyun. He glared at Baekhyun. It took everything it had in him to ignore Kris's advice and shout some very offensive things at him in Mandarin.

"Yeah, hi." Baekhyun greeted just as bluntly before he turned his cold gaze on you, "Found the keys, let's go." He said, taking your arm as he dragged you towards his car.

You felt a cold shiver go up your spine at the sight of Baekhyun being angry. "R-Right. Yes." You agreed awkwardly, still in a bit of a daze, "Let's go."

"Wait!" Luhan called after you, making you briefly turn around, "When can I see you again?" He asked, sounding hopeful.

"U-Um..." You looked over to Baekhyun, who only shook his head in response. "I don't know." You called back, giving him a sympathetic smile, "Goodbye, Luhan."

"Bye..." He replied, watching you get into the car. "For now."

 

*

 

"What was that?!" Baekhyun demanded when the two of you were safely in the car, driving down the street and on your way back home.

"We were just talking." You defended, though even you were unconvinced of that.

Baekhyun scoffed. "That didn't look like talking to me."

"You're right." you sighed, wanting to slap yourself. "Sorry, I shouldn't have gone there." You couldn't even imagine how things would have turned out if you had actually let Luhan lean further in and kiss you.

"Don’t say sorry to me, it's only yourself who you're hurting." He muttered, taking a left. "Just..." He sighed, debating whether he should say something or not.

"What?" You asked, looking up at him suspiciously.

He quickly glanced at you and sighed before returning this gaze to the road, "Be careful, okay?"

You let out a half smile, appreciating Baekhyun's concern. "I will.

 

*

 

And for the next two weeks, you were careful. You hadn't spoken to Luhan since that night and things were relatively normal. You went to school with Mina and Eunhee, took all your classes and did your homework. There were a few differences though, the major one being Luhan's absence, which you did miss, but there were others; like the fact that now you, Mina and Eunhee no longer sat with the boys during lunch and recess, you and Baekhyun were even closer than before and spent a lot of your spare time together, your father had opened up more about the prospect of art, and the fact that he still wanted to meet your 'boyfriend' Lay. You inwardly sighed at that thought, pausing in your school hallway as you looked up at the notice board.

Lay. Even thinking his name made you feel nervous. You had tried to keep your distance from him in the beginning, but that soon proved to be too difficult after a few days, now the two of you were more or less normal. Though, once again, there were differences, sometimes his touch would linger, or you would sometimes catch him watching you out of the corner of your eye. It didn't help that he would sketch your side profile in art class either. Your cheeks reddened, a sensitive feeling bubbling in your chest, he was trying though, trying to hold back for your sake. And that was unbearably sweet. So much so that you sometimes pictured yourself as some sort of villain, leading him on like some cocky bimbo. But you couldn't jump into a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter