Mina and EunHee

Ignorance Is A Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four

 

 

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give great value to survival.” – C.S Lewis

 

 

Mina and EunHee

 

You ducked your head low as the feeling of rejection was just overwhelming, too much for you to deal with in just one morning. What’s next? You bitterly thought. Are my family going to abandon me too?

Luhan watched as you tried to keep your emotions in check in front of him, feeling guilty, helpless, and somewhat irritated. Maybe I was too blunt, but she should know how I am… I’ve had four different girlfriends and I’ve only been here for three months. If girls are so worried about getting their feelings hurt why do they bother dating me?

You continued to stare at the ground, too ashamed and embarrassed to look him in the eye. Am I really that stupid to believe that we actually had something going on? Jesus, this is so embarrassing.

“I still want to be friends...?” The sound of Luhan’s voice brought your attention back to him; you looked up from the ground to see his uncomfortable yet same old guarded expression in his dark brown eyes. It was then that you noticed more of his appearance, how he never wore the correct uniform, how he always had his bag slung over one shoulder, or how his tie was never properly done up and his shirt was untucked. These things usually make people look like an unorganized delinquent, but in Luhan’s case it suits his image perfectly, making him very attractive in basically anyone’s perspective.

“Is that a question or a general statement?” You asked with a frown, not appreciating being treated like a desperate fool.

Luhan backtracked and rubbed the back of his head. This girl is weird. “No- I mean, yeah. I want to be friends but I wasn’t sure if you wanted to be friends. It’s not like I hate you or anything, I just don’t want to date you.” He explained as he took a quick peek at his watch, if he kept talking to you like this he was going to be late.

You rolled your eyes, “Gee, thanks.” You said sarcastically. You picked up your bag and put your arms through the straps, ignoring the fact that Luhan’s friends, Chen and Sehun, were a few feet away and were undoubtedly eavesdropping on you.

Luhan frowned, not happy that you were difficult to handle compared to all the other girls he had rejected. Aren’t they supposed to cry or something and that’s it? “Look, I said I’m--”

“Sorry.” You finished for him and he only looked at you, staying silent. “It’s fine, so don’t worry. You don’t have to take pity on me and say you’ll be my friend. I’m quite capable of taking care of myself. Now, if you don’t mind, I don’t want to waste both of our time and get in trouble. I’m going to class.” And with that, you turned around and left, Luhan not missing the fact that your eyes portrayed hurt.

Luhan sighed with a frown as he watched you stumble awkwardly up the grass hill to your first class. I wasn’t taking pity on you...

Luhan felt a hand clamp down on his shoulder and he pried his eyes away from you to look at Chen. “Women,” He sighed and patted Luhan’s shoulder again, “Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.”

Luhan glared at him then shrugged Chen’s hand off his shoulder. “Idiot…”

Sehun pushed himself in-between Chen and Luhan, “Was that the girl you kissed last night?” He asked fervently, eyes glistering with excitement. No one knew exactly how or when, not even Luhan, but Sehun appeared to find out about everything. Any secret that was or is in the house that EXO lives in; he would find out what it was in no time. Even things you didn’t know about yourself he would know. So it didn’t come much as a surprise to Luhan that Sehun had somehow learned about the kiss you and him shared.

It did, however, get on his nerves occasionally. Luhan groaned and slapped the back of Sehun’s head. “Not in front of freaken Chen!”

“You guys kissed?!”

*   *   *

You could have gone to class; you had more than enough time, but you just weren’t feeling it. You believed that being dumped by your so called ‘friends’ then being rejected by Luhan when you hadn’t even told him how you felt was more than enough emotional strain for one day. You figured that you didn’t need a boring history lesson added to the mix.

Walking down the hallway, your first stop was the bathroom.

Despite trying to be strong, you had let a few tears fall when you were walking up that big hill. Being rejected by my friends is bad enough, being rejected by some fluffy Chinese boy who I hadn’t even confessed to yet? That’s a different story, that’s like a punch to the . It hurts. It hurts a lot.

Sighing with disappointment and sadness, you opened the door to the bathroom. You went straight to the mirror and flinched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter