Chapter 14

You're the cause of this

 

"A large size iced americano, with a smaller amount of sugar with a little cream on top, three mango smoothies with mango ice-cream, two servings of big sized macaroon and salad pasta with lots of raisins. That's all and please make it quick.’ The lady in a fuchsia pink sweater stated while you hastily wrote down her order. This is one of those customers that you hated a lot. They like to transform the menu according to their likings which makes it more complicated.

 

‘Dine in or take out, ma’am?’ The lady rolled her eyes on you and you fight the urge of rolling your eyes back because you’re prohibited to do that. Patience. That’s all you needed. ‘Take out’ The lady said while checking her fingernails before going off finding a seat.

 

 

You brushed the back of your hand on your forehead that is trickling with invisible sweat.

Cleaning the counter, you heard a very deep voice spoke. Abruptly, you saw a grinning Chanyeol waving at you enthusiastically. Because of his contagious smile, a big smile creeps on your face right away.

 

‘Can I help you sir?’ You said while wiping your hands. Chanyeol only grins at you causing you to recall what Xiumin told you the other day. ‘... They had this unusual look on their face when they speak about you.’ You cautiously examine Chanyeol’s face searching for any ‘unusual look’, Xiumin is referring to. But no avail, you only see a derping look of the baby giant Chanyeol.

 

A chuckle escapes your lips when Chanyeol winks at you.

 

‘Might as well take a picture of this handsome lad standing in front of you so that it’ll last.’ You didn’t know that you’re staring at him for that long.

‘Oh my god! I didn’t know that you’re also a conceited one!’ You exclaim joining Chanyeol’s act.

‘Hey! I’m serious...’ Chanyeol pouted resulting for him to look really cute. It’s funny how his childlike face and actions opposed his deep voice and tall stature.

 

‘So, Mr. Park Chanyeol, what can I help you?’ Chanyeol then stated his order and find his own seat afterwards.

 

 

‘Bye guys! See you tomorrow!’ You happily wave your hand on the air. You’re now alone waiting for a bus to arrive. A sudden gust of air blew by sending chills down to your spine. You promptly rubbed your hands while blowing air onto it before shoving it inside the pocket of your warm sweater. Immediately, you cursed your self for forgetting to put back inside your bag your neck scarf. The chilly autumn air is just about to come just by the smell of it that lingers. Unfortunately, on your 3 years of stay at Seoul, you’re still not used to the changing season and you’re still getting chills at the cold air that engulfs you even though it is not yet the winter season.

 

Getting bored every second, you took out your iPod and browse through your playlist. Upon putting your earpiece, you’re greeted by the sweet melody of the song ‘peter pan’ by the group called EXO.

 

Staring through the twinkling night sky, you’re thoughts were blown by the song. Your thought was stop when you saw the approaching bus from afar.

 

You comfortably seated yourself at the back seat of the bus. Deciding to rest your heavy eyelids, you close them for a while. But, you hastily open them when you felt the cushion beside yours shrink indicating that someone sat on it. Surprisingly, Chanyeol’s side profile greeted your sleep eyes. He looks at you innocently as if his sudden emergence is just a normal matter.

 

You move your mouth but it’s as if someone presses the mute button on you. Chanyeol chuckles at you. ‘Sleep now, kiddo.’ He holds the side of your face and put it on his broad shoulder. You grew stiff at the sudden skinship. You tried to remove your head that was leaning on his shoulder but he told you not to. Deciding that you can’t fight with this persistent Chanyeol, you made your self comfortable.

 

You’re now fully awake, waiting for the bus to arrive at your stop. ‘Feeling cold?’ You look at Chanyeol who asks you. Shaking your head, you smile at him. Honestly, you’re mind is fogged up on why Chanyeol took this bus with you. You knew that this guy lives at the other side of the town so there’s no way that he’ll be taking this bus with you. 

 

From the window of the bus, you saw Chanyeol looks at you. This time, he doesn’t grins at you, yet he also didn’t frown at you. Instead, he is smiling at you... tenderly? You’re thinking twice if you’re seeing it right. Instead of feeling annoyed that someone is watching you, you actually felt happy about it.

 

 

 

‘Thanks for accompanying me Chanyeol-ah.’ The two of you are now trekking the way to your apartment. He chuckles heartily ‘It’s nothing.’ You really appreciate his deed even though you’re puzzled as to why he accompanied you to your way home.

 

‘Mind if I ask you something?’ you ask and he nodded. His dark orbs staring straightly at yours. You cleared your throat.

 

‘Did you follow me all along?’ You didn’t want to sound assuming but you can’t help it. Your curiosity is kneading you again. You catch the surprise look on his face but it suddenly vanishes.

 

‘N-no.’ He stuttered while scratching the back of his head. He looks down at his shoes as if it was the most interesting sight that exists. Your eyes scrutinize him, still can’t bring yourself to believe him. Without further ado, you shrugged your shoulders while opening the door on your apartment.

 

‘Do you want to have some tea?’ You tried to invite him inside.

‘No thanks, next time maybe? I needed to go home now.’ You nodded your head.

 

‘Thank you Chanyeol!’ You wave your hand genuinely.

‘Your welcome!’ He hollered back while walking ahead. You close the door and instantly heaved a sigh of relief when the heater makes contact with your cold skin.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

‘That’s almost close..’ I muttered while walking back at the bus stop.

‘At least I know where she lives now..’ I grin at this reality.

 

Looking at the surroundings, I realize that I don’t know where the way to the other side of the town is.

I nervously look for any sign or indication on how to get to the other side of the town but there’s nothing really helpful. Without thinking twice, I tap open my hand phone and dialed one of the guys number.

 

Luckily, Suho hyung answered his phone.

‘Chanyeol-ah, where are you? I thought you’re already home?’ I nervously fiddled with the hem of my clothes.

 

‘Errm.. Hyung.. that.. I am l-lost...’ I spoke slowly hoping for Suho hyung to not get mad at me.

I was fretfully crossing my fingers on my lap when Suho hyung chuckles at the other line.

‘You’re lost? Where are you?’ I told him where I am by means of the establishments I see around.

 

‘I think I know where you are.’ I heard Suho hyung said, at the same time a banging of the door was heard. A big grin sneaks on my face as I heard the roaring of the car on the other line.

 

‘Ppali Suho! I’m freezing!!’ I jokingly said only to be reprimand by him.

‘Yah! I’m your hyung Park Chanyeol. And it’s your fault you’re freezing to death.’ I heard him smirk through the phone.

 

‘Yah! You’re driving while you’re on the phone?’ I scolded Suho hyung.

‘Don’t use your ‘Yah! Yah!’ on me Park Chanyeol or else you’ll surely freeze to death. Stay where you are and wait for me. Arraso?’ He didn’t even wait for me to response and he hung up his phone immediately.

 

I was playing temple run when I heard a honk. I look up and saw Suho hyung calling for me. I happily run towards him and enter the car without more ado.

 

‘Chanyeol, what are you doing at this place? It’s almost 10:30 pm, you should be home by then.’ I heartily laugh at Suho hyung’s scolding. No wonder he’s called as Suho appa by the other memnbers.

 

I ignored his blabbering and continued to play on my phone. Upon noticing that I wasn’t listening to him, he just continued driving. My phone suddenly vibrates indicating a new message. I smile when I saw Farisha’s name on it.

 

From: Farisha <3

Message:

Hey DerpYeol! Thanks for today!

I really appreaciated it :)

 

I replied back hurriedly.

 

To: Farisha <3

Message:

No worries, sunshine ;)

 

I laugh at the pet names while Suho hyung looks at my way warily.

 

From: Farisha <3

Message:

Sunshine? Who’s she? XD

 

Again... we exchange bunches of messages and I finally made a pet name for her which is ‘Sunshine’.

I also changed her contact name to ‘Sunshine’.

 

‘Sunshine?’ Suho hyung asks. I look at him wide eyed and I saw him peeking at my phone.

The car stops at the red light, allowing Suho hyung to peek at my phone.

 

‘I-it’s nothing... My cousin. Hehe.. sunshine.’ I nervously laugh while locking my phone. Suho hyung shrugs his shoulder and proceeded to driving.

 

Coincidentally, We Got Married’s OST ‘Sunshine’ by B1A4 blast through the car’s radio.

Suho hyung and I look at each other unexpectedly and laugh among ourselves afterwards.

 

You are my sunshine,

My only sunshine.

Neon naui happy

 Yeongwonhi neoreul, saranghae..

-------------

Annyeong yeorobeun!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD8ZpeZFc74