Although I've Been Hurt... I Still Remain...

This Clumsiness...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Love is not still, it flows through the veins...'

*****

“C-chang-min….I…I think…I…”

“Jaejoong, you can do it. It’s your turn after this. Believe me, you can be better to express yourself without me by your side this time.” Changmin convinced the smaller man in a soft tone. He just finished his turn for presentating his work, as the name of the students was called out by their first name's alphabet.

“Let them know how Kim Jaejoong might change when it comes to something that you’ve been determine since long of doing all your best.” Changmin said again as he just felt bad by the side of terribly shaking and stuttering Jaejoong.

“You…think so?” Jaejoong turns his pale face toward the taller guy.

“Yes…” Changmin gave his encouragement smile.

“Next presenter, Kim Jaejoong-ssi.” There his name been called out. Jaejoong took a deep breath before he brought his steps toward the front stage. He glanced on Yoona and Changmin that mouthing a ‘fighting’ word, he try to smile.

“This going to be good, Kim Jaejoong.” Jaejoong keep utters those words under his breaths.

 “So, you can start now.” The voice of the judge that seat on the end of juries’ table said.

Jaejoong made his face looked up on the audience but what caught his eyes first was the face of the man that was seat in the middle of juries, seems he was a leader amongst those judges. There his Yunho with a smart black blazer, in his usual outfit when he’s in work.

The man face was calm, only threw him a warm gaze. At the moment, he felt his heart started palpitating in pain and yet, felt a bit comfort. Which one he felt at the moment? He was also confused.

*Awkward….*silence*….Awkward*

Jaejoong quickly diverted his look from that melting gaze he received from the man, before his tears would be shown by the slight pain that he started to feel. Mustered up all his courage, he started to speak out. He started with his greeting and introducing himself even a bit stuttered at first. Then, as he started brings up the topic of his presentation about the concept of his building model, his stuttering was disappeared, seemed his speech was excellently copied on his head.

During his speech, he tried hard to avoid the gaze from that one particular person, who only gazing at him, seems too preoccupied with Jaejoong's seamlessly speech for the first time.

Yunho’s hands were fold on the table in front of him, while eyes only fixed on his Jaejoong. He seemed like have no intention to broke his gaze that was making the other felt more distracted by his intense looked.

Finally Jaejoong successfully finished his speech for all his slides show of presentation, and now, it’s time for all that four people on that long table to throw him a fast question. Jaejoong just fold his sweated palm on his side.

“So, Kim Jaejoong-ssi. I only have one question for you. Are you satisfied enough with your today’s performance?” The first judge, Kim Joong Kook which Jaejoong take noticed his tag name on the front table said. It was a simple question for the start as he thought.

Jaejoong slightly nodded his head like he used to. That made the man which seat on the middle seat of juries heave sighs as disappointed with that kind of answer Jaejoong had still used to gives again.

‘Say something baby…don’t give that slight nod of yours.’ Yunho mentally mumbled, eyes still fixed on the pretty face of Jaejoong. All the three jury were finished with their own question that gave Jaejoong to shortly answered them and some of the question had been answered by nodded his head again.

Now, only left one person for threw him the last query. Seems, the man wanted to be spare as the last person to ask him a question though.

“Ba-- ahem!” Yunho was about to slips out his ‘baby’ call like he used to calls on the smaller man, but he quickly cut it with faking to clear his throat.

“Kim Jaejoong…” There he threw his straight face. “…based on the scenario given on your task here…it’s ask you to carry out an appropriate concept for holiday homes right? So, why are you brought out the prefabricated wooden house here? Don’t you think it’s not really appropriate with today's construction demands in this modern era? Most of latest building concepts now are all in concrete or steel, which give assurance of more durable for the long life span of building.” Yunho said in a serious tone, eyes was stared on the other like provokes the other man to speak out. That was first time for Jaejoong to seen that side of Yunho and his heart was confirmed, his Yunho has totally changed!

“So…do you mind to give me your strong point here? Didn’t you think this such a simple work which is anyone can do it? So, for what you become easily complacent with it?” Half of the audiences gasped, as that sounds a bit harsh to compare with the other comments from the judges so far.

‘W-what?? Did…he…ugh! Don’t let him look down on you Kim Jaejoong!’ Jaejoong mind fought to not let the other word get into him easily this time, and sadly it was from the man he loved! He pulled his face to facing that man, as heart was burn by the other simply judged on him.

“My strong point is?” Jaejoong eyes were now intensely looked on the man face, which still looks like taunted him.

“Yes, if only you have a strong point to debate my statement though. If not…you could just sta-”

“No! I have...” Jaejoong voice was now a bit loud than before. He totally got irritated this time. His Yunho was totally changed on him and that made him felt hurt even more! He suppressed that prickle feeling and musters up all the tiny zest that still left in him.

“Following the latest building concepts, don’t you think today’s environmental just got enough of bad pollution?” Jaejoong eyes were now daring toward the man before him. That kind of new looks on him seems caught all people on that lecture hall, as he seems become more captivating with that kind of looks and voice out clear enough for the first time. Yunho startled a moment.

“The main point for me to carry out with this concept is because I have considered all other causes.”

“What causes?” The man taunted him again. It seems they were in seriously vying.

“With modern wooden concept here, it brings no solid or liquid waste associated with brick and mortar construction like the concrete material did. Even in term of durability, no material has been able to match the strength and natural thermal resistance and stability of wood. If it built in accordance with combines to modern technologies, wood are highly reliable and more durable. This process also saves time and energy, besides leading to environment friendly, pollution free construction and significant cost savings! Also wooden homestead got its own aesthetic value! Is it enough my strong point for you Jung Yunho-ssi?” Jaejoong finally blurted out all of his words to debate the other statement about the weak-concept in his design. He just can’t exert fruitless effort this time.

Jaejoong tried to certain his breaths, inhale an exhale.... It took a long silence and awkward before the whole hall had been boomed by the audience rose up and make an ovation for him. All of people even his own classmate that seems barely to approach him before applause for his speech for the first time ever. All judges were daze by his daring speak this time. Silently, Yunho’s lips curled into a small smile which Jaejoong miss to noticed.

Jaejoong startled, and back to reality what he’d done in that particular time. ‘I…I…did it?’ His eyes seem glistening by tears from that unexpected reaction he received from the audience. But he held that tears as his eyes fixed on the man that still staring on him.

‘You mean!!!’ He screams in his head as eyes thrown a sharp look on the other man, felt disenchanted at the moment.

…………………

“Yah! Jaejoong wait a minute! Gosh you’re so fast! Usually you’re the slowest one…what’s wrong you’re totally different today..?” Changmin caught the smaller man that was in rush to heading back after finish to kept all his belonging into his locker.

“Huh..? N-nothing…I’m just tired and need to get home early…why?”

“Hey, I grab this from Siwon-ssi, congratulation!” Changmin shove a piece of paper toward Jaejoong.

“Huh? What is this?” Jaejoong took a look, and there the list of name on the survey forms for the best presentation. His name was on the top rank. He couldn’t make a voice for that happy result he just achieved.

“Finally you did it!” Changmin said with his cherish voices and clasped both his hand childishly made the other laughed by his funny motion.

 “Oh, anyway… I want to ask you something. Do you had fight with Yunho?” Changmin face was curious.

“…………….” The silence from jaejoong just made the other got his answer.

“Hey, if you did because of he made up your building model, it’s not his fault. Actually it’s me--”

“What? W-what…do you mean by…he made up…my…” Jaejoong face was confused, and then eyes widen in shocked as he took what the other’s word mean.

“Oh, crap!” Changmin face in troubled as he was being trapped by his own words.

“You mean…Yunho…. is the one that rebuild my work?” Jaejoong sounds urged for the answer.

“I’m sorry…it’s just…you seem really stubborn, that make me to inform him by myself.” Changmin felt he just slipped out something unnecessary, as he thought the other seems have trouble with his partner because of that case.

‘So…that’s why he underestimated me as that model actually was been rebuilt by him? Are you really look down on me Yunnie?!’ Jaejoong couldn’t hold the prickled pain that surge on his heart by that sudden fact he had picked. His face still blank with his own thought, tears found its way on his face. ‘He’s mocking me before because of this..?’

“Oh, Jae—ugh, I’m sorry…I just want-” Changmin in regret tone as seen the other in tears.

“It’s okay…It’s not your fault at all... It’s okay…” Jaejoong said in a low voice as he brushed off his tears with back of his palm.

“If you feeling okay, then why are you crying?”

“I’m not crying because of you…it’s just him…” Jaejoong utters inaudibly voice, and then he’d hurried his steps to find the other man.

There, on the entrance of his campus, Jaejoong stopped in his movement as he seen the man that he’d looking for was busy with having a small talks with the others judges from before, they seem want to take off after finished their matter for that particular day.

Slowly, Jaejoong stepped backward as he found it was not an appropriate time to have a talk with that man which with his current mixed of feeling now, it would bring others attention on them if he blurted out his discontent feeling on that man again.

“Yah! Jae-hyung..!” Jaejoong jumped out from the shocked as Yong Hwa from the other side run to catch him.

He’d diverted his looked back to the previous man in the black suit before, curious if the man aware of his presence because of Yong Hwa loud screams on his name, but it was late…the man eyes was already diverted on him, and seems wanted to arrang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter