Dinner

Fast In My Car
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone who heard Yonghwa read the letter were jaw dropped. Even though Yonghwa didnt read it properly because of too much confusion, but they could understand the point on the letter. And even though the way Jonghyun write is weird, too much weirdness if we want to make it clear, but they not make a fuss about it. They put it aside and decide not to criticize it. They know Jonghyun was weird after all.

The news about arrange marriage was way too big to handle. Somewhat hard to believe and sounds more like a part of fairytale.

"Hyung, is it true? You're not making up story?" Minhyuk asked.

"Why should I make up a story? Whats the advantage for me?" Jonghyun replied nonchalantly.

"Wow," was the only exclamation Jungshin could said.

"Jonghyun-ah, " Yonghwa called the dongsaeng. "So... you mean that Shinhye and I... our parents... want us to get...married?"

Jonghyun only grinned upon Yonghwa's question.

"Eottohkae?" Jungshin looked back and forth at the hyung and noona.

Shinhye as the one who shocked the most, finally could blinked her eyes after Jungshin shook her hands. "Ah ne... urm..." She slapped her own cheek to recalled her sense. "Okay. Yonghwa you," she pulled Yonghwa's hand, "follow me."

"Eoddi?" Yonghwa asked as he got up to follow her.

"Wae? Wae?" Jonghyun also got up panickly. Prepare himself to follow them in case they were about to fight.

"Noona kajima. Dont do stupid thing." Minhyuk also got up.

"Thats right. I believe this problem can be solve properly. Dont worry we will help you in anything." Jungshin said.

"Dont follow me. Stay here. Give us privacy at least for ten minutes." Shinhye said. "Stay. Dont go."

"Ah ne. Arasseo. We'll wait." Jungshin said, feeling scared by Shinhye's tone.

"Be cool, Shinhye-ya." Jonghyun shouted as the two walked away. "You too, hyung."

"I always am." Yonghwa yelled back with tone full of confidence.

Shinhye covered his mouth for feeling disgusted with the return of the narcisstic king.

**

The couple took a pleasant sit on the sofa in the living room. They sit side by side with hands intertwined to each other. They smiled shyly yet gladly. 

"Yong." Shinhye bit her lower lip. "Do you ever heard about that?" She asked almost shrieked.

“Nope. But the timing was perfect.” Yonghwa shook their hands in a playful manner. "I'm so happy, you know. We dont have to fighting hard explain to our parents about our relationship. We just have to wait for them reveal this arrange marriage."

Shinhye stared at him. "Wait?"

Yonghwa stared back at her. "Mwoya? Didnt you said that we have to wait until you graduate and get a job?"

"Urm..." Shinhye stuttered, looked away to hide her nervousness. "Ne..."

"Wae?" Yonghwa leaned his head to get better view of her face. "Waee~~? Wae Shinhye-ya?" He smirked feeling suspicious. "Do you... change your mind?"

"Mwo?" She looked at him abruptly. "I... I didnt... aniya... why do you think like that? I didnt say anything."

Yonghwa laughed when he saw she pouted as she denied.

"Yaa~~~!!" She whinned. 

Yonghwa hug her with head looked around to make sure the kids wont peeking. 

"Why do you laugh?" She rested her chin on his chest.

He smiled. “This is the best thing I’ve got in my life. I thought telling about our relationship will be tough since our parents close more than family. They witnessed how we grown up, how we always bickering all the time, they knew every detail of our friendship.” He sighed. “It’ll be sounds like a joke if we suddenly come to them and tell that we fell for each other. Don’t you think so?”

Shinhye smiled a bitter one. “Ne. I guess so. We’re too raw to fallen in love.”

Yonghwa chuckled. “But we still have homeworks though. We have to know the reason behind this arrange marriage first. Then decide on how to tell them. We cant just tell them bluntly even though we know that they will support us. Still, we need strategy.”

Shinhye sighed.

“Wae?” Yonghwa asked.

“We should’ve realize the possibility of dating since long time ago. At least for me, I should’ve admit and confess my feeling to you.” Shinhye patted Yonghwa’s hand around her stomach. “I’m scared we’ll grow up awkward and end up avoiding each other if you know that I like you. I dont want to put our friendship into uncomfortable situation. I dont wanna lose you.” She looked down to play with Yonghwa’s finger. “I guess I like you more than I thought I am.”

Yonghwa kissed Shinhye’s head. “Nice to hear that. Gomapta.”

Shinhye nodded, still playing with her boyfriend’s finger. “So what we gonna do now?”

“We have to talk to our parents. Let’s reveal the fact that we already knew about this arrange marriage.”

“You sure?” Shinhye asked.

“Oh. There’s no point of acting like we dont know. The kids know it after all and they will talk to their parents to answer their curiousity. And I’m 100% sure that their parents know about our parents’s plan.” Yonghwa stared at Park’s family huge picture hang in the wall above the TV. “There was never been any secret in this family circle.”

Shinhye chuckled. “Thats true.”

Yonghwa release his embrace to sit face to face with her. “I’ll go home and ask my parent to spare their time tonight for a dinner. I’ll use treat them using my salary as excuse. I wont let Soojung to join, and I also wont tell them that you’ll be there.”

“Mwo? Why should I be there? I wont going there.”

“Wae? You should be there to listen the reason.” Yonghwa said.

Shinhye shook her head disagree. “I will ask my parent. And you find the answer from yours. Then we’ll compare the answers we get to make sure that it’s the truth or not.”

“Oh?” Yonghwa furrowed his eyebrow. “Aniya. Aniya.”

Shinhye rolled her eyes. “Come on Yonghwa. Dont you think my appearance is just the same like we state that we’re official now? Dinner, Yong. A dinner with parent. It’s definitely has the same meaning like introducing your girlfriend to your parent.”

“You used to have dinner with us, even when Soojung wasnt there.” Yonghwa remind her.

“Thats different. We were just friend at that time.”

“We’re the only one who knew that our relationship was different now. Everybody still have no idea. They still sees us as our oldself. If you want to act like we’re not dating, you should come. Because that closeness is the thing that we used to have without feeling awkward or uncomfortable. There’s nothing wrong with having dinner with my parent. Never been wrong during our time as only best friend.”

Shinhye pressed her lips as she consider Yonghwa’s opinion. She stared at him doubtfully when he cupped her cheeks gently.

“Gokjongma.” He wishpered. “I will handle everything. You just have to be there, with me, next to me. Aracchi?”

Shinhye give him a soft smile as an answer.

“Everything will be okay.” Yonghwa said.  He grinned as he continued, “... at least that’s what I expected.”

Shinhye’s faithful facial expression turned into upset in a split of second. She hit Yonghwa’s stomach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter