Awkward Skinship

Fast In My Car
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two people who called themself best friends were sitting side by side awkwardly in a broad living room. Looking at Ashton Kutcher and Britanny Murphy quarelling after Brit caught Ashton making love with stranger woman in their honey moon room.

Minutes by minutes passed by until the movie reached it . The two best friends still watched it silently. Ashton was tried hard to get Britanny’s forgiveness, he even purposely banged up his car to Britanny’s family’s house gate in order to get attention. Other scenes appear until Britanny give chance again to Ashton, and... ofcourse romantic comedy won’t have a perfect ending without kissing. So the director decided to give their kissing scene as closing.

The two best friends flustered on what to do. Watching that movie after an accident they just did is the most stupid thing they’ve ever done that night. Maybe second most stupid thing.

So what’s in the first place?

“Shinhye-ya...”

“Shut up!”

Yonghwa sighed. “You hate me now.”

“Shut up!”

“That’s right. You hate me.”

“Aish! I told you shut up.”

“I know you hate me.”

“Ya! Jung Yonghwa!”

“But don’t act like you innocent.”

Shinhye gritted her teeth to surpress her anger.

“I can feel it...”

Shinhye swallowed her anger. She took the remote and turn off the TV.

“... you kissed me back.”

Shinhye turn on the TV again. She change the channel and raised the volume until so loud.

Yonghwa smirked. “I hate you too.”

Shinhye cringed, she bit her lower lip. “Aish!!”

Yonghwa rolled his eyeball. “Stop cursing, can’t you?”

“How could you act so leisurely like that? Don’t you feel awkward?” She hissed without looking at him, she didn’t even move her body to face him.

"It’s awkward. But I feel somewhat... relieved.”

“Mwo?” Shinhye furrowed her eyebrows. “Did you...?”

“Ask with your eyes looking at me.” Yonghwa said irritated. “If you keep on avoiding my eyes, I won’t give you any explanation.”

Shinhye sighed. “Arasseo.” She turned her head to look at Yonghwa, but before her eyes met his, she look away and cover her face with both hands. “I can’t do that!! Your eyes are scary!!”

Yonghwa laughed at her act. He himself feeling awkward and embarased and nervous, but still manage to act normally. Then he told her that he’s sorry for kissed her without permission. “And if you need anyone to blame, Jonghyun and Meahri are the most perfect victim.”

Shinhye peeked through her fingers gap. “They’re? Why?”

“If not because of their suggestion I won’t figure out my feeling.” Yonghwa simply answered. He took the remote and lowered the volume. He frowned, realized what channel Shinhye left. “Since when you interest in National Geographic?”

Shinhye ignored his question. She finally had courage to looked at Yonghwa, right into his eyes. “Your feeling?” She asked in disbelief.

Yonghwa shifted the channel until it stopped in comedy situation called The Big Bang Theory. He tilted his head. “Is it rerun? I thought the original air time is in the morning... isn’t it?”

“Yonghwa-ya!” Shinhye abruptly cupped Yonghwa’s cheeks to make him look at her. “Stop looking at the TV! Answer my question!”

Yonghwa blinked for feeling shocked with the sudden move.

“Answer me. Don’t make me confuse. I’m done with all the awkwardness. So let’s just reveal everything and end this!”

Yonghwa dumbfounded at her sudden change. They stayed quiet for seconds, looking into each other eyes with curiousity. It seems Yonghwa was the first one who found his answer in Shinhye’s eyes. He leaned forward to give her another kiss, a deeper kiss than before. Shinhye stoned with eyes open so wide. Her body stiffened and unable to move when Yonghwa put his hand on her nape.

One minute passed...

Two minutes...

Three...

Few minutes later....

Yonghwa backed off, let the kiss parted. That time he realize that Shinhye’s eyes were closed. He smiled his toothy grin. “You seemed enjoy it.”

Shinhye immediately open her eyes. Hit Yonghwa’s hand lightly. “Jajeungna!”

Yonghwa laughed. He hug his best friend happyly. “Liking you as a woman is not a sin, right?”

Shinhye hug him back. “I never thought my best friend will fall for me.”

Yonghwa released the hug. “Mworago?”

“Wae?” Shinhye looked at him confusedly.

“You should’ve answered, ‘I never thought I’m going to fall for my best friend too’. Why did you said that instead? It feels like I’m the only one who feel this feeling. Did I had a one sided love?”

Shinhye shot a bored glare at him. Here comes the stubborn Jung Yonghwa.

Yonghwa cupped Shinhye’s cheek in a solemn stare. “Say, ‘you’ve fallen for me’.”

Shinhye snorted. “Why should I?”

“Say it. I already confess to you. It’s your turn.”

“Shirreo!” Shinhye attemp to look away and make Yonghwa’s hand off of her face.

But Yonghwa too persistent to fight for the word he want to hear. He smirked. “If you refuse to say it, you have to pay for the time you waste to make me wait.”

“What are you talking about?” Shinhye totally bored now.

Yonghwa give a peck on her lips. “For first 10 seconds of waiting.”

“Ya!! We’re not even officially dating, how many time you’re going to kiss me??”

Yonghwa smiled arrogantly. “Told you, you have to pay if you make me waiting for your confession.”

Shinhye felt eerie on her skin. “Omona~~ How could you be so childish!?”

“Another ten seconds going to end.” Yonghwa said as he get closer.

She shook her head. “Shireo. I don’t wanna confess anything.”

Yonghwa nodded, as if he understand something. “Arasseo. I guess you pretend like stubbornly keep that attitude just for the sake of a kiss, isn’t it?”

“Pyeontae!! I am not!” Shinhye backed off, but Yonghwa followed her. “Don’t come closer.” Her back almost touch the sofa and Yonghwa keep on leaning forward to place himself on top of her. “Or I will kick you in the middle.”

Yonghwa laughed. “What is it in the middle?” He really enjoy in teasing Shinhye.

She gritted her teeth. Trying hard to control her emotion. “Your ‘treasure’.” She replied.

Yonghwa stopped his movement. “YA!!”

“Mwo?”

“You’re really ert!” He let Shinhye go and took a pillow to cover his lap.

Shinhye smirked satisfied as she get up.

Yonghwa looked at her in disbelief. His hand hold the pillow tightly. Seemed totally afraid Shinhye going to kick his manly part.

Shinhye tickle Yonghwa’s chin playfully. “You didn’t forget that I’m an ace of all girl soccer team back in high school. Right?”

“Tch!” Yonghwa shook his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter