Yonghwa's Boldness

Fast In My Car
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 a.m on the next day, the gank finally able to meet their lovely time capsule after a long time.

“Oraenmanine.” Minhyuk greeted the box with his eye smile.

“Is it me or the box looks slightly smaller than before?” Jungshin bluntly asked.

“There’s no way for it to grow bigger just because we burried it in the ground. Aigo~ this stupid little kid.” Jonghyun shook his head in disbelief.

Jungshin threw a grip of sand to his hyung. “I was just asking why you call me stupid?”

“Ya!” Jonghyun glared at him. “I’m your hyung.”

“So what?”

“Ya! Ya! Ya! Keumanhae.” Yonghwa hissed the Tom and Jerry before they start to going far with the quarell. “Both of you take care of the sand, fix it and make it looks like it never been shoveled.” He elbowed Minhyuk and pointed at the box. “Bring it to the car.” Then he hugged Shinhye’s shoulder and left the kids behind.

“Be careful, you guys. Don’t leave any traces even a single bit.” Shinhye yelled at them while Yonghwa kept on dragging her further.

“Mwoya?” Jungshin looked at the two eldest blankly.

Minhyuk looked at Jonghyun. “Hyung, did something happened yesterday?”

“Huh?” Jonghyun looked at Minhyuk confusedly.

“Why are they suddenly act friendly like that?” minhyuk pointed his thumb at the couple’s direction. “And why hyung order us around ignorantly?”

Jonghyun grinned mischiveously. “Nothing. It’s just hyung still mad because we will have couple in our holiday while he’s not having any.”

“Mwo? Then is it our fault? Jinja~ Yonghwa hyung sometime could be so immature. Why don’t he find a girlfriend then? He can do that. No one forbid him anymore.” The upset Jungshin grumbled. He can’t accept the treatment that his beloved hyung did to him. Yonghwa never really order him around like he used to did to Minhyuk or Jonghyun.  It feel so unacceptable for him.

“Actually Meahri suggest him to date Shinhye,” Jonghyun chuckled.

“Eh? Jeongmal?” Minhyuk and Jungshin shouted in chorus.

Before Jonghyun manage to utter any words, a sound of horn filled the quiet park. The three gossip boys looked at their car—Shinhye’s car—in an annoying look. They saw Yonghwa’s hand signaled them to come immediately.

“And what they say about that? Are they planned to try?” Minhyuk asked as he lifted the box.

“They say nothing.” Jonghyun jumped in his place to make the ground flat like before they shoveling. He shooked his head. “Nothing came out of their mouths. They only looked at each other for a while and didn’t talk anymore. Shinhye left along with me and Ahri without say anything to hyung.”

“Clearly they feel awkward because of Ahri noona’s suggestion.” Jungshin said.

Jonghyun nodded. “I thought so.”

The three of them walked back to the car to found the couple in question were playing thumb wrestling in the front seat. They greeted their teeth as the game growing harsher.

“No romance.” Jungshin put his shovel on top of the car. Stared at the couple in dismay. “At all.”

“Maybe we’re just misunderstood. Maybe there’s nothing going on between them,” Minhyuk said after he put the box in the baggage.

“Let’s reconsider it after we open the time capsule.” Jonghyun said. Feeling tired with all the thought over this couple.

**

(back to last night)

Shinhye was having a phone call with her eomma in the living room when the bell sound interupt her. She walked to the intercom with phone still glued to her ears.

“Who’s that?” Her eomma asked. Apparently can hear the bell.

Shinhye frowned as she looked at the intercom screen. “Just Yonghwa.” She pressed the button to unlocked the gate and the door then walked back to her current seat.

“He visit you? It’s already midnight. Why he’s coming?”

“Molla. Maybe craving for some food.” Shinhye answered nonchalantly.

“Shinhye-ya, is he still working at that coffee shop?”

“Oh,” was Shinhye’s short answer.

“Why he didn’t try to apply for another place. He’s very smart, eomma think he deserve a better place.”

“Ah molla. Just ask him.”

“Hand him the phone. Eomma want to talk with him.”

“Eh?” Shinhye dumbfounded. Her eomma never act like this before. Why she care at Yonghwa all of a sudden.

“Ppalli.” Eomma hissed.

“Eomma he didn’t even here yet.” Shinhye pouted. “And why you suddenly want to talk with him about his job. It’s his bussiness. Leave him alone.”

“Omo.. omo.. omo. Is this what a best friend should treat her best friend? You sounds like didn’t care at all if he’s doing good or not.”

“I do care, eomma. But we’re growing up now. We have our own responsibilty and have to respect each other decision. If he still comfortable with this job, just let him be. I can insist him to do anything that I wish him to do.”

Eomma chuckled at Shinhye’s statement. “You said growing up?”

“Yes.” Shinhye answered in an upset tone.

Eomma laughed even more. “My daughter was a grown up lady.”

“Eomma~~”

“If you think you’re like that, don’t you think you should start to consider about marriage?”

Shinhye was taken aback. open upon her mother’s remark. She can’t utter any word to answer. It’s the first time in her grown up years being asked about marriage thing. She never talked about that stuff with her parent before, even when they attending a wedding party.

“Shinhye-ya, who’s your boyfriend now?”

“Mwo?”

“You already moving on right?”

Shinhye’s mind goes blank. How can she answer? She never talk about relationship with her parent. It’s so awkward.

“Ya! Don’t tell me you still stuck in your memory with him? Who’s his name? Shi... Shi... nugu? Shiyoung? Shihyung?”

“Shiyoon, eomma.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter