Story Time

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N:

 

Ok, so I'm not going to mark this M because I think that is just plain over the top. There is exactly 1 swear word used in this chapter. Yes 1.

 

Side note - I personally don't count 'damn' as a swear word, but I know some of you might, in that case, then there is quite a bit of swearing lol. Read at your own risk? Haha am I making too much out of this? Regardless, onto the story.

 

 

 

 

Guilt and care made people do stupid things Tiffany thought to herself.

 

She had roused herself in the early hours of the morning to rummage through Nayeong’s fridge, looking for something to make breakfast with. She hadn’t slept well the entire night, well actually…just even worse than usual.

 

The rational part of her reasoned that her intentions were well thought out. No one should inconvenience someone else and demand to be let in at such ungodly hours. Especially not someone she had only known for less than two days. It was rude. But the annoying 'feeling' part of her told her that she should have known Nayeong would be worried and waiting for her. The woman had taken her to the hospital, offered to pay her medical bills, and let her sleep in her own apartment for goodness sake! All in the course of knowing her for one day!

 

The crazy lady cared for her. That much was plain. Plain crazy. That’s what all this was. Plain crazy.

 

Tiffany still couldn’t figure out whether she was doing this more out of guilt or cause she really cared. Did it matter? Of course it did! If it was just guilt, she could easily do something 'nice' to make up for it and be rid of that annoying feeling. If it were out of care…then that would be a bigger nuisance.

 

Caring meant long-term involvement and worry for the welfare of the other party. Not something Tiffany needed in her present situation. All her caring should be for her comatose sister. She didn’t know if she had any 'care' to spare for Nayeong. But her stupid heart was telling her she did. She couldn’t exactly remove her caring feelings towards Nayeong, could she? This wasn’t something like returning a cup of borrowed sugar. Darn it.

 

So? Was it out of guilt or care? Guilt or care that was making her flip these eggs? Fry this bacon? Cook this oatmeal? Mix this pancake batter? Brew this coffee? She definitely felt guilty that Nayeong had stayed up waiting for her. And at the same time, Tiffany knew she would feel more than bad if anything happened to Nayeong. If Nayeong was hurt or upset, Tiffany wouldn’t be able to turn a blind eye like she did with other people. So that was out of care.

 

No!

 

This was all stemming from last night’s argument. All this. This cooking and this being ‘nice’, this was all out of guilt. Yes. This was guilt. But…wh-…why would she feel guilty if she didn’t care in the first place? Dangnabit! She was going around in circles. This was all so confusing.

 

Just cook the damn breakfast and get it over with you babo!

 

Please log in to read the full chapter