One Small Step

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Finally.

 

Finally.

 

Finally.

 

August 5th 2007.

 

The day of Girls’ Generation’s debut.

 

The moment their eyes opened, it was non-stop action. With the girls bustling here, forgetting things there, running elsewhere, and going nowhere. It was pure and utter chaos.

 

Feelings and emotions were high-strung, and more than once there were clashes between the girls. Not to mention numerous torrents of tears as the girls tried to cope with the almost monstrously looming moment that was hanging like a guillotine above their heads.

 

They had looked and pined for this moment for almost two years now, but now that it was almost upon them, they suddenly felt inadequate and unprepared, exactly like the unsure teenagers they were supposed to be. They were merely still teens for goodness sake! Other kids their age were still messing around in high school and trying to figure out how to fit into brutal and vindictive high school life and not become outcasts. Not make a career-deciding move that could affect the rest of their lives!

 

But amidst all this…Tiffany was their rock. Like she was since their group was formed. Somehow the thug’s unperturbed and unaffected demeanor was something the girls found themselves desperately latching onto.

 

From the viewpoint of outsiders, Tiffany honestly seemed not to care a rat’s about this monumental moment in time. The thug didn’t look excited or nervous at all. In fact, one could argue Tiffany looked more like a permanent fixture as a statue in a garden than as one of the members. But to the girls, they knew Tiffany cared. She cared a whole lot. Not because she may have actually been concerned about the outcome of her own career after all this, because by now, all the members knew Tiffany hadn’t chosen this path in her life willingly. But they knew Tiffany cared simply because the girls themselves cared. So Tiffany willingly poured in her heart and soul into doing something she may have detested if it simply meant that her group members were happy.

 

Tiffany was the basis of their entire source of confidence, their towering pillar of strength.

 

The thug looked rather off-put with all the endless tears, but she did a good job of keeping herself calm and contained despite all the crying. In fact, on the bus to the venue where they were to debut, Tiffany spent the entire bus ride with her arms enveloped as best she could around eight sobbing girls.

 

It was madness all around, but Tiffany persisted and maintained her composure.

 

Then, before they knew it…it was show time.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

Wowza…Jessi seriously looks amazing strutting her stuff…

 

...

 

Taeyeon…come on kid-zombie…you can do it…

 

...

 

Maknae…leg-pop…

 

...

 

Cowabunga! Go Jessi! Damn…my girlfriend is hot!

 

...

 

Ok…body wave…then pop the s…

 

...

 

And YOU! Get your dirty eyes off Yuri’s abs!

 

...

 

I’m next…here goes…

 

“변치 않을 사랑으로 지켜줘 상처 입은 내 맘까지”

(Keep your love unchanging for my wounded heart)

 

 

Smile…smile…smile…Ewww…is he looking at me? What are you staring at jackass?!?!

 

...

 

Don’t mess up Hwang Miyoung! All the girls are going to kill you if you screw this up for them…

 

...

 

Are you ogling Sunny’s s?!?! I will cut your wing-ding off you lecherous bozo!

 

...

 

Ok twirl…jump… pop…then march!

 

...

 

Chorus!

 

...

 

Smile! Goddamnit Tiffany. Smile!

 

Dang…between Hyo and Yul, those two can seriously tear up a dance floor, look at her go! How the hell do they NOT get dizzy twirling and banging their heads like that…?

 

...

 

Gawd! Would you stop staring at Soo’s legs?!

 

...

 

What the freaking hell?!? Is that ert staring at my girlfriend’s s?!?! Those are mine! Piss the frick off you dickwad! You want me to gouge your eyeballs out?!?? Break both your erted hands while I’m at it too!

 

...

 

Goddamn! …erts these days…

 

 

Tiffany continued to rant like a madman in her head. There were actually a million things pissing her off, But the thousands of what she deemed were erted wandering eyes on her eight group members was the main source of irritation for her.

 

 

Chorus one last time…

 

...

 

Here comes the kick! Damn...I was a bit off…hope no one noticed…

 

...

 

Ok…punch-punch…jumping jack…step up…annnnd END!

 

 

After what seemed like a torturous eternity for Tiffany, their performance was over. As all nine girls stood there with their heads bowed for the finishing pose, Tiffany could see from the shoulders of the girls shuddering slightly. She was at the corner of the pyramid so she saw everything. To everyone else, they would have assumed the girls were merely breathing hard after their performance, but Tiffany knew better. The girls were trying hard to reign in their tears, at least until they were off the stage. She fought the urge to break formation and gather them all up into a huge bear hug. She knew very well what this moment meant for them.

 

And just as she had predicted, even before they had stepped one foot from the stage, the girls had started to bawl their eyes out again.

 

Tiffany wrappe

Please log in to read the full chapter