With the Kindest Intentions

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Monday, April 24th 2023

 

 

 

 

“Sica? Where are you going?”

 

“To the hospital to see Jaesung oppa and Nayeong unnie. I’m going to bring her some soup my mom made.”

 

Days dragged on and still Jaesung hadn’t awoken. But the doctors had said it wasn’t abnormal given the severity of the trauma he had suffered. All they could do was wait until he regained consciousness on his own. And even then, there was still a lot of apprehension as to what functionalities he would have retained.

 

Nayeong had never left his side, her belly growing large and burgeoning as her fiancé laid there in his slumbering state. The nurses had allowed her to take a private room next to Jaesung’s, everyone was just waiting with bated breath, hoping he would soon awake. Nayeong still hadn’t talked to anyone. Not a single word. Her silence speaking volumes. No matter who visited her and Jaesung, the woman only had eyes for him and him alone.

 

The girls themselves had only gone to see their Jaesung oppa and Nayeong unnie once or twice each. Separately. The hospital really did not allow for bulk visitors, and it was clear that Nayeong would rather be left alone with Jaesung most of the time.

 

Jessica and Tiffany frequented the hospital the most, but always at opposite times so that they could maximize the time Nayeong had someone with her. Taeyeon was starting to see the toll it was taking on Jessica, with the younger girl often wearing heavier makeup to try and cover her tired state. And from the subtle bruises Taeyeon sometimes caught glimpses of on Sooyeon’s arms and torso, she knew Tiffany was back to exerting herself physically on Jessica’s body as a way of release.

 

She knew Tiffany wouldn’t ever hurt the girl in any way without her consent, but still she worried. For the both of them. Things were grim.

 

There still was no lead on the case of who had randomly attacked Jaesung, and they were soon beginning to lose hope. No one had seen or even heard what happened. Only that the young doctor was last seen walking out of the hospital doors and found almost beaten to death moments later.

 

Teddy was spiraling himself. Taeyeon had seen the Officer once or twice in passing. And she didn’t know if it was honestly the best idea for him to be on the case or if being off the case would just make him spiral even further.

 

Tiffany on the other hand…

 

Tiffany was a surprising one.

 

Out of everyone, she was the one they all expected to leap off the deep end. It wouldn’t be an unanticipated reaction given what they knew of her past and her unhealthy coping mechanisms. Taeyeon was genuinely surprised the girl hadn’t already gone off on a bloodthirsty rampage looking for the person who had done this to Jaesung oppa like she had when Nayeong unnie was attacked. That or revert back to the fight rings or something equally self destructive.

 

But no.

 

Instead Tiffany just resolutely sat next to Nayeong when she could and was a silent steadfast pillar of support. Both for Nayeong and for everyone else around her. And very much so for Teddy. The man definitely did not seem to be coping well overall,

Please log in to read the full chapter