Cautious Cultivation

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunday, March 12th 2023

 

 

 

 

That morning Jaesung had gotten off from a night shift at 5am and had a brilliant idea cross his mind that he couldn’t wait to execute. It had occurred to him during the wee hours of his shift and he was literally twitching to put it to action. Like right now. He knew Tiffany had a day off, which was perfect. He had driven straight to the girls’ dorms to pick her up in his excitement, not even the least bit tired despite his 12 hour shift. As expected, the thug was already up and making breakfast, post morning run and workout.

 

The moment she saw Jaesung at the door she grinned and waved him in.

 

“Breakfast?”

 

“Let’s grab it to go, I wanna take you some place.”

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

 

“Didn’t you like just get off a night shift? Why the hell are you not curled up in bed this instant next to your fiancée?”

 

“I’ve already texted Nayeong, she knows I won’t be coming back yet. Now can you please pack us both a breakfast to go? There’s something I wanna show you. Oh and could yo–”

 

“Grab you a coffee. No cream. One teaspoon of sugar. Yea. Got it. Now can you at least tell me where the heck we’re going this early?”

 

“You’ll find out when we get there.”

 

“Cryptic much,” but Tiffany was already doing as asked, packing them each a breakfast burrito, a smoothie, and a large tumbler of coffee into a backpack before quickly going in to change.

 

Some of the other girls were already out on their schedules, but a couple were home and stirring. Taeyeon came out of her room and waved at Jaesung before yawning and lazily covering .

 

“Morning Jaesung oppa. Whatcha doin’ here?”

 

“Morning Taeyeon! Just picking up Tiffany.”

 

Taeyeon nodded distractedly, she was hardly concerned. It was Tiffany’s day off and the thug had regularly started to hang out with both Teddy and Jaesung quite frequently, with the two men clearly treating Tiffany like their own little sister. Taeyeon loved the fact that Tiffany seemed to be opening up to having family again. The shorter girl sat down at the dining table and dug into a breakfast burrito, courtesy of Tiffany, wrinkling her nose and scratching at it absentmindedly.

 

Tiffany came out dressed to go out, slapped Taeyeon on the back rousingly in greeting and then the two were gone.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“When you said you wanted to hang out I had no idea it would be back at your place of work. Jeezuz man, you’d think with the hours you put into this place you’d want to get the heck away from it any chance you can get, much less hang out here.”

 

“If you would just be patient and wait and see, you’ll see this isn’t our regular hangout.”

 

Tiffany pursed her lips and silently stalked behind Jaesung as he led them through the white sterile corridors of the hospital he worked at. This was not what she was expected when Jaesung had asked to see her. The two of them had gotten particularly closer since Naeyeong’s pregnancy, often switching off and taking care of the woman when the other had to work. And in the process, the two had also come to enjoy each other’s company separately away from Nayeong as well, having developed more of an older brother-younger sister type relationship themselves in the process.

 

Just two days ago, Jaesung and Tiffany were talking about his career and his aim to be head of neurosurgery before he hit forty. The two were at the 24 hour café again, but Teddy had been unable to join that night.

 

In that conversation two nights ago, Jaesung had not forgotten how Tiffany’s eyes had shone as he talked about his job, about how he loved doing surgery, the rush it gave him. It wasn’t necessarily something he felt he could voice to Nayeong on a regular basis. His fiancée had a much more sensitiv

Please log in to read the full chapter