Wisp of Hope

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Monday, December 26th 2022

 

 

 

 

“Omgawd! Hi unnie! Come in!!! Tiffany unnie is in her room, I’ll get her!” Seohyun ushered Nayeong inside their dorm with enthusiasm.

 

All the girls loved Nayeong, and for very deserved reasons.

 

The woman was an ever-present mother figure with the gentle patient understanding of a close friend. And they all knew what Nayeong meant to Tiffany. That in itself was worth a thousand points alone.

 

Nayeong sat down at the dining table, running her hands along the wooden grains of the furniture.

 

She was nervous.

 

And also excited.

 

Tiffany came in dressed in her usual ensemble of a large baggy t-shirt and shorts. This particular t-shirt was something Nayeong recognized as a shirt she used to own. A shirt Tiffany had swiped during some unknown time.

 

The woman smiled affectionately and held out a hand to bid the younger one sit down next to her, which Tiffany did so.

 

Nayeong spent the next few minutes just caressing the younger’s hand, loving that soft touch of Tiffany’s skin upon hers.

 

She missed the girl often.

 

Tiffany simply sat there silently, yet not impatiently.

 

Nayeong would say what she wanted to say when she wanted to say it.

 

But judging from the soft emanating glow…Tiffany had a good idea what it was.

 

“I’m pregnant.”

 

Tiffany leaned forwards and engulfed Nayeong in one of those hugs that the older woman missed and pined for every time they parted. It was just like the one Tiffany gave her that morning she left for SM and it never changed.

 

“I know…and I’m so happy for you my sweet crazy angel.”

 

They stayed like that for a bit, Nayeong’s eyes misty with tears of happiness.

 

But Tiffany sensed something more in her doll.

 

Her posture was slightly rigid and not completely relaxed in her embrace. Tiffany knew Nayeong was not here for simple words and gestures of felicitations. Her doll was here for reassurance.

 

“Shhhh…it will be ok…Jaesung will know how to keep you and the baby safe and healthy. And I will be with you every step of the way. I promise Nayeongie. And your pancakes has yet to fail you.”

 

Nayeong nodded and hugged the younger girl tighter. Tiffany felt a slight slump as the woman allowed herself to just completely…sink and melt

Please log in to read the full chapter