Piggyback

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

To say Tiffany hated hospitals was an understatement. She had the stats to back up her reasons too. Not including herself, the record was four to five. Four of the five members of her family had entered a hospital following trauma and had either been pronounced dead on the spot, died shortly after reaching the hospital, or slipped into a coma and then died. The ‘lucky’ one out of five was her baby sister, who was still comatose. But who’s to say what had happened to Jaxon wouldn’t happen to Lexi? Who’s to say history wouldn’t repeat itself? It seemed to do that a lot in her life. The stats were bad as it is, why start changing that now? Why not just go for the strike? The hole in one. The five out of five. The damn hundred percent.

 

And now Nayeong…

 

Tiffany hated hospitals.

 

But…this…this was the one of few times she was here to pick up someone who was being discharged. One of two to be exact. The other was only a temporary happy ending. The wake up call had happened less than three days later. But this was different. Nayeong would be different. For Tiffany’s sake…she had to be.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

“Hey…we’re here. Nayeongie?”

 

“I’m older than you…when did you start calling me that?”

 

“I won’t if you don’t li–”

 

“No. I like it.”

 

“My room’s a tad small.”

 

“You know I don’t care about that. I’m just happy you’re here with me.”

 

“Always Yeongie. Always.”

 

“Another nickname? Exactly how many did you come up with? And you know, a few months ago, you would have gagged on your own tongue before speaking so sweetly to me.”

 

“I’m naturally sweet. You were just antagonizing.”

 

“That’s the Pancakes I know!”

 

“Pancakes?”

 

“Your nickname. Yah like?”

 

“My name sounds nothing like ‘Pancakes’.”

 

“Well forgive me for being sentimental, but I really liked the pancakes you made me that day you were groveling. And who says nicknames have to sound like your original name?”

 

“You’re weird. Are you sure you’re not spiking a fever or something? And for the record, I didn’t grovel, I humbly asked for forgiveness. Have a little mercy on my ego woman!”

 

“Haha! I missed this! You, me…and Dupree kekeke!”

 

“That was a horrible movie. Ah, here we are.”

 

“Patty Cakes…”

 

“I thought it was Pancakes”

 

“You have more than one for me, why can’t I have more than one for you?”

 

“Touché. What is it sweetums?”

 

“Ok nonono, none of that. Names like that are reserved for significant others.”

 

“I am your significant other. Why? Cause Jaesungie calls you that? He hasn’t gotten my approval yet by the way. Still on probation. And honestly, what’s the difference between names like Pancakes and sweetums? Pancakes is even cuter and more gag-worthy if you ask me…”

 

“Well no one’s asking. Don’t call him that! How long’s he on probation for by the way?”

 

“Until I’m completely satisfied that he’s not just trying to get into your pants. Now, can you tell me why we’re standing here and not walking through the door?”

 

“…Can you…carry me through? Like…piggyback?”

 

“…”

 

“It’s just…I missed you so much. I really like hugging you.”

 

“…So why didn’t you simply ask for a hug?”

 

“Cause once you get something, you gradually want more…”

 

“Should I be afraid you’ll pounce on me again someday? And you seriously want me to piggyback you into the apartment?”

 

“Yah! That was a mistake! On both our parts! Cause if I remember correctly, it was you who place my hands on your s! Besides, I’m pretty much your unnie. This kind of skinship is allowed. And it’s not like I’m asking you to carry me bridal style or anything! That’s definitely not for you to do…”

 

“…Fine. Get on. And for the record, my s are awesome, you couldn’t stop starring at them even when we stopped. You think I didn’t catch that?”

 

“Yes, second nicest set of s I’ve seen. Be careful of my inner thighs…they’re still a little sore…”

 

“Second? Fine, I won’t ask. Ok. Heeere we go!”

 

 

“Welcome home Nayeongie.”

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

After Tiffany had gotten Nayeong settled into their room, the two of them enjoyed a simple breakfast that Tiffany cooked. Throughout the entire meal, Tiffany kept a watchful eye over Nayeong, expecting to see at least some remnants of the effects of being brutally . But she saw nothing. Nayeong seemed as happy and bubbly as can be, even more so than before. Tiffany knew Nayeong was overcompensating, knew she was covering her hurt, hiding her pain and

Please log in to read the full chapter