Of and Tongue Hockey

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Ok I honestly think this chapter is kind of badly written...but I can't seem to fix it...so here, my sub-par work. I guess you'll all just have to deal...

 

 

 

 

Tiffany was silent the entire way home, and neither Taeyeon, Jessica, or even Nayeong felt it safe to ask what exactly had transpired in the locker room or the president’s office. It wasn’t that Tiffany was glowering and giving off a menacing air, far from it. In fact, the girl seemed devoid of all emotion, which, in some weird way, was even more unsettling.

 

Tiffany herself was very much aware of the awkward atmosphere, but she really was not concerned with being all ‘Sir Share-a-lot’ at the moment. She just wanted to hit the gym, both figuratively and literally. She kept seeing Yeonhi’s annoying face swimming in front of her, just out of her reach, like a piece of cheese dangling in front of a hungry mouse trapped in a rodent wheel. She wanted to punch it, smack it, rip it apart, do all the things she wanted to do in that locker room but couldn’t. No. She didn’t want to. She needed to. Let it out. Blow off steam. Pop the hatch. Otherwise the next time the girl dared to show her face, Tiffany might not be able to contain her anger.

 

The moment the girls stepped into the dorm, Tiffany made a beeline for ‘the hole’ and emerged seconds later with her gym duffle bag in hand and her boxing gloves dangling from her neck. The other three hadn’t even completely taken off their shoes yet.

 


“Hitting the ring. Won’t be home for dinner. Don’t wait up. Jessica. Taeyeon. Please take care of Nayeong for me.” Terse, curt, short and choppy, straight to the point, Tiffany left no room for wavering or even the beginnings of a question. She was out the door and halfway down the hall before anyone had realized what had happened.

 

Over these past few days, Tiffany had been overtly attentive to Nayeong, gentle and caring even in instances when her usual biting sarcasm was very much called for. So unlike Tiffany’s attitude just now. Nayeong knew Tiffany well enough that something was picking holes in Tiffany’s brain, and Tiffany was going to beat it out of herself, literally. Physical exertion and pain seemed to have cleansing effects on the girl. Nayeong could only hope Tiffany wouldn’t resort once again to illegal fight rings to put herself at ease, hope that the young girl wouldn’t come home in another bloody mess, hope that whatever she was punching wouldn’t punch back…at least not too hard.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

Tiffany felt like she had really acquainted herself with the wooden dummy. The thing had become a constant and faithful companion. Solid, unwavering, trusty. The dull ache in her palms, fingers and knuckles felt great. But this was just the warm up. The guys in the boxing ring were in for a…rough night.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

Jessica muttered angrily under her own breath as she crawled underneath her the coolness that was her duvet, squirming around and trying and create some friction with her bare skin. It was freaking cold damn it! But she was the ice princess, and the cold was usually hardly a problem. However, tonight, the cool silk surface of her duvet felt irritating and scratchy rather than the usual soothing sensation Jessica had come to love.

 

Or perhaps it was because Jessica was pissed off at the fact that since Tiffany had become her roommate, she had spent more sleepless nights in both her own bed and in the living room couch than she had in the last fifteen years of her goddamn life!

 

Sleep was essential to Jessica. Always had been. But since Tiffany had come along, it had taken a backseat, and Jessica didn’t like it. First the cooking, and now this! The girl had way too much influence on Jessica’s life and she wasn’t even aware of it!

 

Jessica sighed and lay flat on her back, staring glassy eyed at the ceiling. She had lived in this dorm for two years, and she never was really aware of what the ceiling of her room looked like. Never noticed the subtle cracks and fissures, the slight discolorations and imperfect slants. But now she knew it like the back of her hand.

 

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

 

Her last coherent though before she finally drifted off into the arms of the Sandman…

 

Tiffany knows what I smell like?

 

 

~~~~~

 

 

The girls awoke continental the next morning. Continental breakfast that is. Usually this would not ha

Please log in to read the full chapter