Fated Drifters On A Lunar River

Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: This one's for you Mom and Dad.

 

 

 

 

 

Officer Choi ended up looking like he had been attacked by a hoard of crazy teenagers…which he kind of was. He had kiss marks of all shapes, sizes, and colors drawn on his torso, phone numbers and flirty ‘call-me you y beast’, ‘Team Edward!’, ‘Team Jacob!’, and other such inappropriate messages scrawled all over his chest, a couple of rather cartoonish and immature es scribbled on his lower back, pointing rather tastelessly and unnecessarily close to his , a very very very detailed and intricate drawing of black swan wings reminiscent of the ones Mila Kunis sported in the Oscar-winning film ‘Black Swan’, and…a ‘I CAN’T THINK STRAIGHT’ written in bold black block-letters on the nape of his neck, complete with rainbows and unicorns.

 

“Oh for shiz-nits ake mushrooms sake! Ten thousand thundering typhoons of blistering freaking blue fudgin’ barnacles on my fat frickin’ ! I’M NOT GAY! WHY ARE THERE ES POINTED TO MY ?! MY GIRLFRIEND IS GOING TO THINK I LIKE ! MEN’S ! Oh Lord! Oh almighty father! When have I sinned and fallen from your good graces?! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?!” Officer Choi wailed in despair.

 

The man really could cut an imposing figure, especially since he towered over pretty much everyone, except perhaps Mr. Lee, who was quite broad-shouldered and tall himself. But nevertheless, all that time spent at the gym to build such a flawless specimen of the male physique was completely and utterly destroyed and emasculated in a fit of silliness. Officer Choi now looked just about as daunting and commanding of attention as his namesake Tiffany had granted him: Teddy. Except perhaps this particular teddy was more interested in wearing lacy g-strings and rainbow colored bras as opposed to those cute little outfits most other teddies usually wore.

 

Teddy had been ousted out of the closet kicking and screaming whether he wanted to or not.

 

While everyone else was laughing, Tiffany was curiously studying the reactions of Mr. and Mrs. Lee. To her astonishment, neither seemed to have expressed any forms of disgust with Teddy’s outburst concerning homouality. The thug filed that away for future reference.

 

Perhaps her relationship with Jessica had a larger chance of survival than they had previously thought.

 

Tiffany was not allowed too much time to revel in her own thoughts as she was soon drawn to a table laden with presents. She raised her eyebrows at the many packages.

 

They were all pink.

 

Tiffany couldn’t contain her scowl of disgust.

 

Mr. Lee slapped Tiffany’s back hard enough to wind her in his hilarity.

 

“It was my idea you rascal. No one else is to blame. Now go on, open them!”

 

“I’d rather gnaw off my own arms ahjussi…please ahjussi…open them for me? Pretty please with whipped cream and tangerines on top? Ahjussi…” Tiffany whined like a little girl to her father who refused to buy her ice cream.

 

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at the birthday girl like that had seen some freaky- alien say do some freaky- .

 

“Holy mother of Elton-freaking-John…did the brat just…” Officer Choi trailed off in disbelief, unable to find words for Tiffany’s bone chilling once-in-a-lifetime display of aegyo, completely unawares that his comment only solidified everyone’s blossoming rainbow opinion of him.

 

Mouths were agape and Tiffany was pretty sure that was drool she saw hanging out of Taeyeon’s huge gawping hole of a mouth. Jessica was looking at Tiffany like she didn’t know who the hell she was.

 

“Oh my dear child…has all the pink gone to your head?” Mrs. Lee asked in concern, quickly moving in front of Tiffany to lay the soft back of her hand on the thug’s forehead to check for a temperature.

 

Tiffany gently pushed Mrs. Lee’s caring hands away and scowled.

 

“Dang…I thought it would have been worth a try…seriously ahjussi, don’t make me do this! This is my birthday! Not my death day!”

 

“Oh don’t be a drama-queen you rascal! Just open the darn presents and get it over with! Besides, from what the other girls have been telling me, you should be used to all the pink by now. Your entire public persona is about pink! By god I’ve never seen a more pink scooter in my life!”

 

“Urgh…don’t even talk about that dang scooter…” Tiffany glowered.

 

“And it’s ALL YOUR FAULT ahjussi!” Tiffany added with antipathy.

 

“What?! How’s it is my fault?!”

 

“Our images are decided and hashed out by the board. I know you have something to do with this!”

 

“I am the president of the company my dear, I am hardly going to concern myself with little details pertaining to your pink-infested image! Don’t flatter yourself.”

 

“Humph! You still can’t make me open these pink-atrocities!”

 

“Oh you wanna try me young lady? I will pass down the order to have your dorm renovated and purposely paint everything pink. And I mean everything. Walls, ceilings, curtains, carpets, even your darn bathtub and toilet! Don’t you make me go all Pepto-Bismol on your !”

 

“Jagiya! is a bad word! Don’t you dare go using it around the children!”

 

“Sorry dear…but she started it!”

 

“SOOMAN LEE! Are you serious?!”

 

“Humph!”

 

“Now Tiffany honey. It was just for fun. Just try and look past the pink ok?”

 

“Only for you ahjumma. See ahjussi? This is how you handle children, by not acting like one yourself.”

 

“Why you litt–”

 

“Jagi!”

 

“Sorry.”

 

After that bout of a bickering with Mr. Lee, during which the other girls could only stare in shock at their president who was now reduced to the maturity of a six-year-old boy in the face of their thug, Tiffany finally brought herself to open her presents. But it wasn’t done without much grimacing and gagging on her part, nevertheless, Tiffany it up and braved it like the thug she was.

 

A custom made Swiss Army Knife in classy matte black with ‘Tiff’ emblazoned in silver on the sides from Teddy.

 

The new first generation iPhone from Nayeong and Jaesung, complete with a protective case with a custom made picture of a pink hippo syrup of a stack of pancakes.

 

A delivery statement for a new massage chair, a new twelve-person couch, and a new ginormous flat-screen TV from the Lees.

 

A new wooden dummy from Hyoyeon and Sooyoung, custom-made with the words ‘Koala bear’ engraved on the side to allow Tiffany to blow of steam if Jessica should ever annoy her.

 

A new sleek-black ebony bed frame from Sunny, Taeyeon, Yoona, and Yuri in order to replace Tiffany’s old one. The danduo had bought it with Jessica and Tiffany’s ever-increasingly strenuous ‘bed-exercises’ in mind. But of course, they told their two innocent dongsaengs that it was simply because Tiffany’s bed was getting old and ‘worn’.

 

A set of limited edition black genuine leather bound English copy of Tiffany’s favorite classics from Seohyun and Jessica. Including Jane Austen’s ‘Pride and Prejudice’, Sir Author Conan Doyle’s ‘The Complete Adventure & Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes’, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimms’ ‘Grimms’ Fairy Tales’, Edgar Allan Poe’s ‘The Complete Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe’, Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’, ‘Great Expectations’, and ‘Oliver Twist’, Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’, Robert Stevenson’s ‘The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde’, Washington Irving’s ‘Rip Van Winkle’ and ‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’, and the full set of Agatha Christie’s ‘Hercule Poirot’ and ‘Miss Marple’ mystery stories.

 

On top of that, Jessica also got Tiffany a new pair of boxing gloves.

 

When Tiffany put her hands in to try the gloves on, she felt the presence of a piece of paper at the bottom. Knowing Jessica probably wanted to discreetly send her a message, Tiffany subtly retrieved the note and quickly turned to read it.

 

‘Take me up to the rooftop tonight baby. I have something for you.’

 

Neatly folding the note and slipping it in her pocket, Tiffany slowly made her way to Jessica and gave her a quick pat on the to tell her she got the message; that and to take the chance to on her girlfriend.

 

Jessica inconspicuously slapped Tiffany’s naughty hand away while continuing to smile at everyone else around them, keeping up with the charade. Tiffany snickered and sauntered away like nothing had happened.

 

Tonight had been a good night, and Tiffany had never thought she would have been able to enjoy her birthday since everything. But she was gratefully proven wrong today.

 

Tiffany went home feeling thankful and more focused on the people she still had with her rather than those she had lost.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

The other girls pretty much crawled straight into bed the moment they stepped through the door, completely spent and exhausted.

 

Tiffany and Jessica waited till the girls were all settled then slipped back out into the living room.

 

Jessica retrieved a thermos of hot chocolate she had made, two mugs, a little baggie of small marshmallows, two warm blankets, and small black velvet bag.

 

“Come on Steph, tell me how you got to the other side of the utility door. Please?”

 

“No. Just go wait outside like you did last time. I’ll be there to open the door in a few minutes. Now go before I change my mind Jess.”

 

“Such a tyrant…” Jessica muttered, but complied anyways.

 

Sure enough, Tiffany swung open the utility room door a few minutes later and the two of them made their way to the rooftop.

 

Jessica laid one blanket on the floor and sat both her and Tiff

Please log in to read the full chapter