Chapter 3 – My New Friend

I Will Never Let You Go

In the first day of classes in Seoul University, all of the students gathered at the gymnasium for the opening ceremony. Siwon took Business management as his course.

 

“Donghae” Siwon whispered to the person that is seating beside him.

 

Donghae fell asleep during the opening ceremony. Siwon tried to wake him up but Donghae is in deep sleep. He kicked Donghae’s foot but it’s not working, he doesn’t wake up. So Siwon has no choice but to stomp his foot.

 

1, 2, 3.

 

*STOMP*

 

“YA!” Donghae shouted loudly, he didn’t realize that he is in the gymnasium and the worst part is that the principal is now talking in the stage.

 

Siwon hid his face and not looking at Donghae. He is so embarrassed at what Donghae did. Donghae realized that all the people in the gymnasium are looking at him. He stopped. ‘Oh crap!’ he thought.

 

He bowed to the principal showing apology and bowed to everyone. After that, he sat down at his chair while glaring at his best friend.

 

The Opening ceremony just ended and the students are requested to proceed in their respective classrooms. When they are about to stand, Donghae looked at Siwon with a you’re-dead-later look. Siwon just laughed at his friend then proceeded to his room.

 

---------

 

Siwon entered his classroom and luckily Donghae is not his classmate because Donghae is really pissed by what Siwon did in the opening ceremony.

 

He seated at the chair near the window, in the window you can see the school ground and other buildings outside the school. In their classroom, the students are only 15. Unlike in his previous school, there are 30 students per classroom.

 

All of his classmates are new to him. He didn’t know anyone but a girl caught his attention. That girl is a pretty lady, she looks shy and timid. Also, in the looks of her, she is a smart and responsible student.

 

Suddenly, the teacher entered the room.

The teacher cleared his throat. “Good morning class.” He greeted.

 

“Good morning Mr. Kim.” They greeted, the students saw his name in his name tag then the students take their seats.

 

“My name is Kim Heechul, I will be your teacher in Advance Physics.” He clarified.

 

The students nodded. The teacher looks handsome and funny. He gives a friendly aura to everybody.

 

“So before we start, Please introduce yourselves, just state your name and from what school.” He uttered while familiarizing everyone.

 

The introduction started and when the girl that caught the attention of Siwon will introduce herself, he listened.

 

“Good morning classmates and teacher, my name is Im Yoona. I studied at Yongwon high school.” She introduced herself with full of smile.

 

Everybody is mesmerized by her beauty and politeness.

 

“She’s pretty.” The guy said to his seatmate.

 

“Really pretty and look at those doe-like eyes. It suits her pretty face.” The seatmate replied.

 

Siwon stared at her, she reminded him of someone he knows, someone he doesn’t want to remember.

 

“Next.” Mr. Kim said.

 

“I’m Choi Siwon. I studied at Haemin high school.” He said not looking to his classmates and then when he looked at the other side, he saw someone staring at him. It’s Yoona.

 

The introduction just ended and there’s no time left. The teacher bid his goodbye and they started to go to their respective schedules.

 

--------

 

The first day ended peacefully except of what happened to Donghae. Siwon needs to pay for what he did.

 

Siwon doesn’t plan to wait for Donghae after school because he will just scold him and tell that it’s fault. He only did that because the teachers that are roaming around the gymnasium and might see him sleeping.

“Choi Siwon!” Donghae shouted as he saw him going home already.

 

Siwon turned around to see who is the one calling his name.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m not angry at what you did. By the way, do you know someone named Im Yoona?” he asked calmly.

 

Siwon started to think who Im Yoona is, it’s a familiar name to him.

 

“Ah, I know her, she’s my classmate in Advance Physics. Why? Do you already like her?” Siwon asked.

 

“No--" Donghae didn’t continue his words then run past Siwon.

 

Siwon looked at Donghae. ‘Where is he going?’ he thought

 

Then he saw Donghae approaching Yoona happily. They are already talking like best buddies.

Siwon laughed at his friend. ‘Ya. You’re something Lee Donghae.’ He thought. He never knew that when it comes to girls, Donghae is fast.

 

He went home alone walking. He doesn’t like to call his driver to fetch him at school. He felt that walking can relieve his stress.

 

----------

 

He arrived at his mansion house. He is greeted by his butler and maids.

 

“Sir, why didn’t you call your driver to fetch you?” The butler asked.

 

“Mr. Lee, It’s okay.” He said then proceeded to his room.

 

He lied down at his soft and big bed. He released a sigh then looked at the ceiling. This is his daily routine when he is at home. He just lazed around his bedroom without doing anything. In the past he didn’t do it because at that time he’s with Tiffany always. When they both have their free time, they are going out for a date.

 

He remembered it again, his painful past, the past he doesn’t want to remember.

 

“What are you doing? Don’t think of her again.” He uttered lowly talking to his self.

 

He can’t control his mind, every day he always thought of her, and the bad part is every day he always cry thinking of Tiffany.

 

He’s tired of this and it’s like part of his everyday life. He wants to forget everything in his life but his heart told him not to.

 

He stood up and sat on his study table. He got his homework out of his bag and starts working it out. ‘It’s better to study than to think of her.’ He thought.

 

----------

 

- After 1 year -

 

In one year, Siwon finished his first year. He finished it without any hindrances and ended it peacefully. He met many new friends and he is now friends with Yoona. He thought at first that, Donghae likes Yoona that’s why he doesn’t talk to her. He doesn’t want Donghae to misunderstand him that he is flirting with Yoona.

 

Then Donghae started to tell some stories about Yoona and Siwon is surprised to know that she is Donghae’s cousin and not his girlfriend. Donghae just laughed at Siwon, he didn’t know that his friend is avoiding her because of that so Donghae decided to introduce Siwon to Yoona.

 

“Siwon, this is Yoona. Yoona this is Siwon. He said while looking at both of them.

 

They just smiled at each other and Yoona took out her hand from her bag to handshake with him.

 

He smiled at her and remembered something from his past.

 

They became close after that, they started to tell stories about their lives. When they became close Yoona always do silly things to Siwon every time like blocking his eyes. The first time Yoona did it, he just stopped and she thought that he is angry with her because of that. She doesn’t know that, what she did reminded Siwon of his painful past.

 

“Siwon-oppa, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you don’t like what I did.” She said apologetically.

 

Siwon shook his head. “No, it’s okay. It just reminded me something that I don’t want to remember.” He muttered looking at her then he smiled.

 

That smile made Yoona’s heart beats so fast, that’s the first time she felt like that. She doesn’t know what feeling is that because she never been in love to anybody.

 

“Is it okay if you tell me the story?” she asked and hoping that he can share it to her.

 

Siwon looked at nowhere then looked at Yoona. “I can’t tell you yet.” He said. He barely known her and he doesn’t want to share those memories to anybody yet. He is not ready yet. Yoona is his friend but he thought that it’s not the right time yet.

--------

 

Siwon and Donghae went to a bookstore. They need to buy some books when suddenly Donghae saw Sungmin in the bookstore.

 

“Is that Sungmin?” Donghae said unsure.

 

Siwon looked at where Donghae is looking and then he saw Sungmin, Tiffany’s boyfriend when they are in high school. His heart hurt again when he saw him, he’s the one who took her away from him but what can he do, Tiffany chose Sungmin over him.

 

“Ya. I thought she’s with Tiffany. I think they broke up when Tiffany went to America.” Donghae muttered while scanning the books.

 

Siwon is confused about what Donghae said. “What? America?” he asked wanting to know the answer right away.

 

“Yup, America. You didn’t know?” Donghae asked confusedly.

 

Siwon shook his head. He wants to know it, the truth.

 

“I thought you already know that’s why I didn’t tell you. Tiffany went to America right after the graduation. Her parents want her to study there because they said that Tiffany will manage the company someday. She’s the only daughter you know.” He said while reading a book.

 

Siwon didn’t respond. He can’t believe that he didn’t know it. He is Tiffany’s ex-boyfriend and yet he doesn’t know anything about her. That’s why he didn’t saw her anymore after that.

 

‘Why didn’t she inform me?’he thought confusedly. He knows that there is another reason. He wants to know eagerly but he has no right to know. He is no one to Tiffany anymore and he is just a past from Tiffany’s life.

 

‘She didn’t inform me because he doesn’t love me anymore. I should remember that and I will just forget her.’ he thought and decided that it’s the best for him and for her.

 

----------

[A/N]: Here's chapter 3!

enjoy! Leave your comments! :)