Chapter 26 - Final Decisions

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 26 – Final Decisions


 

“Will you marry me, Yoona?”

 

Silence ate the whole place as the lad kneeled down the ground, with his eyes only focused on the woman in front of him. He doesn’t want to move his eyeballs onto any direction because he doesn’t want to witness their stares or even to meet their unanswered looks.

 

“S-siwon oppa…” Yoona stuttered her words, looking at him with her eyes widely opened, still not believing that Siwon just asked her to marry him.

 

“Yah, Siwon, stop playing those tricks, it’s not funny.” Donghae butted in as he walked closer to the lad while pulling him up.

 

“I’m not playing any trick, Donghae. I will marry, Yoona.” Siwon responded as he removed Donghae’s grip on him still pretending that he’s telling the truth. He tried his best not to look at Tiffany because he’s afraid to see her reaction, he’s afraid to see the pain he had caused to her.

 

Donghae can’t control his anger anymore as he uses his fists to hold on his collar. “Siwon-ah! Are you on your right mind?” He yelled at him still with eyebrows crossed, seeking for his answer. Siwon didn’t bother to respond as he glared at him.

 

“P-please… please stop…” A hand pulled Donghae’s grip on Siwon as the two lads faced the petite lady by their side.

 

“Tiffany…” Donghae said, pitying the woman.

 

“You should not force him… If that is his decision then let’s re—” Tiffany can’t continue on her words as tears suddenly fell on her cheeks, making her sight a bit blurry. She can’t bear it anymore, the pain. “I-I’m s-sorry… I mean… please…” She continued trying to find the right words to say as she bit her trembling lips, controlling the tears that flow down her cheeks.

 

“Fany-ah.” Jessica made her way to her best friend, comforting her in the process. Of course, just like everybody else, Jessica is so angry at Siwon. They just don’t understand what Siwon is thinking. Why did his feelings suddenly changed just like that?

 

Donghae snorted before continuing his words. “Look.” He pointed at Tiffany. “Is this what you want?” He continued again, showing him the result of his foolishness.

 

Siwon gazed at the fragile woman in front of him as he felt the guiltiness and the pain. He regretted everything he did but he thinks that it the best way, the only way for the both of them. He doesn’t want to put everything to waste as he acted strong as if he’s not affected of her before shifting his gaze to Donghae.

 

“I will marry, Yoona.”He repeated again as if he is a repeating machine. Even if it hurts just by saying those words, he tried to control the emotions he currently feels. He knows how those simple words stab her heart and his heart. The pain is just so unbearable.

 

“Can you please stop?!?” Siwon just added an oil on the flame as Donghae yelled at him once again. Before Donghae can say any word, Tiffany started butted in.

 

“I-I hope y-you will be h-happy. Congrat-tulations…” Tiffany said half-heartedly even if the pain is crushing her heart into pieces. Siwon can only stare deep in her eyes as they made an eye contact, their last eye contact, perhaps. Her tears kept on flowing down her cheeks as Siwon clenched his fist, controlling the tears on his eyes. He wished that he can wipe those sad tears. Staring right through her eyes, he suddenly breaks their eye contact as he shifted his gaze onto another direction, pretending that he doesn't care. 

 

As she saw his expression, she felt that her heart was broken for 2 times, no, for a million times. She doesn't understand him. How can he do that to her that easily? How can he bear to see her crying like that? She wanted to ask him why is he like this? Did he already forget the memories they shared, those sacrifices they made and the love that they gave to one another? Those unaswered questions are lingering on her mind. She wanted to say those words, to ask him the real reason but she's too weak, too broken to be able to utter any word. It feels like that everything suddenly fell down and she can't do anything to fix it.

 

She breathed in and out before finally deciding to give up and just leave. She didn't utter any word as she bowed her head biting her bottom lip. She can't stay at this place because it will just hurt her more. She can't bear to see Siwon with another woman.

 

Tiffany walked away holding her pink dress as she tried to compose herself for not to fall down. She walked as fast as she can as she cried her heart out still hoping that Siwon will follow her and stop her but she clearly knew that it's already impossible to happen, because when Siwon made a certain decision, it means final. She want to jump down on the river for her misery to end but her family and friends came in her mind, stopping her for doing something foolish.

 

Walking as far as she can, she suddenly tripped over as she stepped on her dress. How lucky she is. As she sat on the cold ground, she started crying again, releasing all the pain she felt inside her fragile heart.

 

"Why? W-why..." She mumbled as her hands were slowly drenched with her unstoppable tears. Still, she can't accept it, accept the fact that Siwon chose another woman over her. Her low cries turned into louder cries as she bowed her head not planning to stand up anymore. But then suddenly, the dark skies produced a loud lighting sound as Tiffany felt scared, felt that she's all alone, felt that everyone she loves left her.

 

Not to her knowledge, the rain started to pour down as she felt the raindrops on her head upto her body. She felt that she is cursed because of everything that is happening to her. Why did she experience this kind of pain? Is it really wrong to love someone? Is love really painful like this?

 

She didn’t mind the rain even if she will be drench with it, she doesn’t care. All she cares about is him, only him. As she sobs continuously, a shadow covered her as the rain suddenly stopped. She travels her eyes around and it was still raining but then as she saw a pair of feet then she slowly lifted her head.

 

A smile welcomed her as she saw a very familiar guy, a very close friend. She saw the worry inside his eyes as the guy crouch down, levelling her. He tightly held the umbrella, protecting her from the rain even if he’s back is already drenched with the rain. Tiffany looked deep inside his eyes as she started crying again, pulling the guy in front of her for a hug.

 

“Oppa… Oppa…” She called out between her sobs as the guy comforted her by caressing her back, pitying the lady at the same time.

 

“Shh… Don’t worry, I’m here.” The guy replied seriously as he felt the pain she currently feels. “Ryeowook Oppa is here.” He continued as he embraced her tightly, enveloping her with his warm hug.

 

---------------

 

“Yah! Are you a coward?” Donghae shouted at the lad in front of him as he clenched his fist angrily. “She just left and still you’re standing here without doing anything?!” He continued with the same tone as Siwon didn’t do anything but to stare at him as if he’s not affected.

 

“Donghae-ya, I can’t find Tiffany.” Jessica came back while catching her breath. Siwon abruptly gazed at Jessica as he felt guilty. He wants to find her, to say sorry, to say that everything was a lie, that she is the one he wanted to marry.

 

Donghae only looked at the ground as he closed his eyes, worried at Tiffany and at the same time angry at Siwon. “I don’t know you anymore, Siwon.” He said seriously as he followed Jessica to find Tiffany.

 

Siwon doesn’t want to lose the friendship between them but if it’s the only way, he will do it, he will sacrifice everything without considering their feelings. He’s so selfish.

 

As the two finally left, Siwon walked over Yoona as he tried to smile.

 

“Yoona…”

 

“Oppa, I will not marry you even if you have your reasons I will not still marry you.” Yoona stated as she looked at him seriously. Yoona is not that kind of woman who will just marry the person she used to love when that person asked for.

 

“We’ve been together for so long Siwon-ah and I know you more that anyone. I know that I’m not the person you described earlier, I know that you’re not thinking of me when you asked me to marry you and I know that you’re hurting there, inside.”

 

Siwon can’t utter any word as his tears slowly left his eyes, showing his weak side. He can’t hold his tears anymore, those words just pierce his heart out. Right, everything she said is absolutely right. 

 

“Yoona… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” He repeated between his sobs as he cried the pain out of his heart just like a child.

 

Watching the lad, Yoona walked closer to him, raising his head to look at her. “Oppa, please don’t let this chance slip again. Be honest with yourself and show her that you love her. Fight for her. Don’t let her go again.” Those words made him stopped from crying as he looked directly in her eyes, appreciating every word she said. It made him realize one thing, he’s selfish. He can’t fight for her.

 

“Just do what your heart said.” She continued as she encouraged the young lad to fight for her, for Tiffany. Yes, he should not waste this chance again because there might be no chances again after this.

 

Without any word, Siwon faced his back to her as he started running to find her. Finally, he realized that giving up is not only the solution for everything, fight for it and never let go.

 

------------

 

Sunny stared at the cold dark sky as she tried to count the raindrops from the window of the taxi.

 

“Ma’am, we’re here.” The taxi driver interrupted her train of thoughts as she came back into her senses while handing the payment. She got down without any hesitation as she stared at the tall building in front of her. She ran over the shelter as she wipes away the raindrops on her face but then she still smile as she stares at the box she brought.

 

Yes, she decided to surprise his boyfriend as she made a surprise dinner for him. She personally made it and placed every effort she got just to make the food delicious. Riding on the elevator, she started to imagine what his reaction would be as she smiled like a crazy person. Definitely, she’s in love with him.

 

The elevator stopped at 16th floor as she excitedly got out of it, walking straight to his condo unit. It’s not her first time coming inside his condo unit so she clearly remembered his door password. Punching the password, the door is successfully opened as she once again grin excitedly.

 

As she slowly walked inside, she saw 2 pairs of shoes and she’s sure that a woman owns the other pair. She felt nervous suddenly as she stared at it but she convinced herself that it’s just a co-worker. Without making any sound, she made her way on to his kitchen but suddenly she heard a voice coming from his room. Of course, she got curious as she placed down the box on the counter as she slowly walked by the door.

 

His bedroom door was left open as she quietly and carefully peeked. Her eyes went wide as she saw an unfamiliar woman sitting right on his lap, only wearing a bathrobe. She closed her eyes thinking that it’s only her imagination as she decided to peek once again to confirm but before she can do that, she heard the suspicious woman talking.

 

“Oppa, I heard you have a girlfriend.” The woman said as she felt jealous towards his girlfriend.

 

She’s just a toy that I will dispatch soon.” Sungmin replied without even thinking his words as they both chuckled. The woman moved closer to him as she placed her lips on his lips, making their kiss a wild one.

 

As if the whole world stopped, as Sunny heard everything clearly without missing any word. How can she fell on his trap? How can she love someone like him who has no heart? She wanted to cry right now, to kill that woman but she hold it back. She can’t just cry because of him, she’s not worthy of her cries. She can’t just show that she is hurt, that she really loves him.

 

Breaking their intense kiss, Sungmin started to regret the words he said about Sunny but before he can say anything, the door was opened widely. Right, it’s her, Sunny.

 

His eyes went wide as he saw Sunny, her so-called toy but he held his self for not to react. This is what he wanted in the first place, to hurt her. But why does he feel like everything he did was wrong?

 

“Toy, eh?” Sunny voiced out pretending that she’s okay. “Well, congratulations for fooling me.” She continued sarcastically as she pretended to smirk but not to his knowing, everything she did broke her heart. She’s not that kind of person, to pretend that she’s strong and brave. Yes, she’s a strong girl but when it comes to love, she can’t be strong especially if she’s hurt.

 

“But don’t pity me because we’re the same, fooling one another.” She stated saying that she also planned everything but it’s far from it because she already learned how to love a person like him, like Sungmin and she can’t believe that she was fool by him because she thought that he’s sincere, that he felt the same way towards her.

 

As Sungmin heard it, he didn’t easily believe because he knew her very well and she can’t do that kind of thing to him, only people like him will able to do it, the people who don’t know the true meaning of love. But he admits to his self that his heart felt a sting of pain. Sungmin didn’t utter any word as he smirked as if he’s not affected.

 

“Oh. I almost forgot my farewell gift to you.” Sunny said still holding back her tears. She doesn’t want to show what she really feels towards him so she slowly approached him but soon as she reached him, she slap him strongly on his cheeks causing it to change its color to red. And with that, she faced her back towards him as her tear slowly fell on her eyes.

 

“I’m so stupid...” She mumbled to herself as she walked away.

 

As she left, Sungmin stared at nowhere still processing everything on his mind. He wants to follow her and beg for her to forgive him, to tell the truth that he already fell in love with her. But his ego and pride stopped him.

 

“Oppa! Are you okay? How could tha—“ He didn’t let the woman finish her words as he yelled to her to leave.

 

“Leave!”

 

The woman felt scared because of his temper as she decided to just leave. Still standing in the center of his room, he started to laugh forcedly.

 

“Sungmin, that’s what you planned. Don’t think about her. She’s noth...” He stopped before saying the ‘nothing’ word completely. He can’t continue anymore because the word he really wanted to say was the opposite of that word, that she’severything.

 

--------------

 

Walking by the streets with all the flashing lights that blind her small eyes, she started to feel her tears on the edge of her eyes. She walks without even looking at the stares of the people around her even if she sometimes stumbles and bump to someone she doesn’t even know. The word ‘Sorry’ escaped from as she tried to hold her tears from falling. She don’t care about everything anymore, she can’t feel anything as if she’s numb but the pain the he caused her is still there, in her heart, bearing it even it almost rip her heart into half.

 

She started remembering the times when they were still together as if their relationship is not a lie, especially when Sungmin say that he likes her. She doesn’t have to admit it but every time he said that, she always believed him, trust him but everything turns out the opposite. Her tears started to flow down her cheeks as she reached the park, the same park where she said her sweetest ‘yes’.

 

Sunny became more emotional as she saw the bench. It definitely hurts inside her as if there’s a war inside her heart. Her legs feel numb as she slowly sat down on the bench, imagining that there are balloons.

 

Instead of smiling, her sobs turned into loud one as she palms her face with her small hands. She cried there all alone without any one comforting her as she suddenly stopped. She looked at the stars above that shine brightly as she finally decided to forget about him, to forget every moment they had shared, to forget the love inside her heart. A part of her heart wants to forget about him but a big part of her heart is still shouting that she can’t because she is already madly in love with him.

 

 

Tiffany got down from her room as she combs her hair. She travels her eyes on their living room to find a certain person but she couldn’t find him. “Where’s Ryeowook oppa?” She asked one of the maids as the maid responded that he came out but will surely come back later. She just nodded her head in response as she looked at the window, staring at the rain.

 

As if it is indicated in their destiny that rain will always pour every time something happened between the two of them. The rain let her remember many things that happened between them, including the hugs and kissed they shared. Of course, she’s still not okay after knowing that the person you loved truly is finally getting married and the worst part is with someone else.

 

She acted strong as she decided to take a rest and just forget about the pain for the mean time but before she can step a single foot on the stairs, she heard a very familiar voice coming right outside. She shifted her gaze onto the window again as she felt nervous. She memorized every tone of his voice and she’s sure that it’s him.

 

Tiffany hurriedly walked near the door as she took an umbrella. She doesn’t care anymore what others think about him, the important thing is that they need to talk and this time she will not let him go easily, not again.

 

As the door was finally opened, she saw a figure of a man, standing by the gate who is soaked with the rain. Again, she felt her tears suddenly flowing out of her eyes. Every time she sees that lad, her heart slowly softened and she can’t do anything but to cry.

 

“Tiffany!”

 

Siwon called her name loudly as he fights with the rain. He can’t just give her up, not now that they love each other so much. He regretted the fact that he became scared about losing her, he shouldn’t have because Tiffany will surely understands him no matter what happens.

 

She didn’t respond as she opened the gate but as soon as she steps her right foot, Siwon pulled her for a hug. Again, their world stopped as she cried softly, missing the feeling of being hug by him. She didn’t speak as she closed her eyes while holding the umbrella tightly to protect their selves from the strong rain. She likes this feeling with him, embracing her inside his arms. With just his hug, she felt secured and safe.

 

“Tiffany… I’m sorry…” The lad started to speak as Tiffany continuously nodded her head, forgetting the pain he caused earlier. How can she not forgive him? He’s everything for her.

 

“I’m sorry for being a coward. I’m sorry that I can’t fight for you. I know I’m selfish… it’s because I don’t want to lose you again. I don’t want you to hate me, I will not bear the pain…” He continued as his tears flow nonstop. This time, he will hold her and never let go. This time, he will be a real man who can protect and fight for her even if he needs to lose everything in his life. That’s how he loved this woman, to the extent that he will even sacrifice his life just to make her happy.

 

He suddenly parted their hug as Siwon stared deep on her redden eyes. “Tiffany, I need to tell you something.”

 

Tiffany nodded her head, indicating that he just proceeds.

 

“I—”

 

Before he can say everything, a voice interrupted them.

 

“Tiffany!” They both looked at where the voice came from as they saw Mr. Hwang wearing a not pleased expression.

 

“Appa…” Tiffany responded as they unexpectedly saw Mr. Hwang.

 

“Get inside.” Mr. Hwang ordered as she stay still, not understanding the situation.

 

“I said get inside!” He became angrier as he shouted at his own daughter. Still, she didn’t do anything as she stared at her father.

 

“Get Tiffany inside!” His patience reached the limit as the guards carry Tiffany inside their house. Tiffany tried to struggle out but she’s too weak. She can’t do anything as she shouted his name.

 

“Siwon! Siwon!”

 

He became worried about Tiffany as he tried to follow her but before he can do it, guards blocked his way.

 

“Leave my daughter alone.”Mr. Hwang declared as Siwon looked into his eyes, knowing that Mr. Hwang already knew everything about what his father did.

 

------------

 

“Open the door!” Tiffany shouted her lungs out as she thumps the door using her fist. No one mind her as she continuously shouted to open the door. She suddenly became anxious of the situation as she bit her nails while walking back and forth inside her room. But suddenly, the door swung open as Mr. Hwang entered her room with the same expression.

 

“Appa! Where’s Siwon?” She immediately asked about the lad with her worried expression.

 

“Don’t ever talk about that guy in front of me!” Mr. Hwang half-shouted at his daughter as he controlled his anger.

 

Tiffany can’t understand anything as she felt nervous about the situation. “Appa, what do you mean? I thoug—” Mr. Hwang cut her off.

 

“That guy is the reason why our company got bankrupt. He’s the reason why you have to marry someone you don’t even know. He’s the reason why we experienced all of this. He’s the reason why you need to suffer. Tiffany… he’s not the good guy that you thought about, he and his father ruined everything.” Mr. Hwang explained that whole happening as Tiffany’s eyes went wide, hearing the truth behind the sudden bankruptcy that they had experience years ago.

 

She didn’t utter any word as she tried to convince herself that it’s already past and Siwon didn’t intentionally do it, that he doesn’t know anything about it.

 

“Appa… that’s not t-true…” She reasoned out while gulping a lump of air on as she stared on her father’s eyes. “He should have told me everything, if it’s true.” She continued, protecting him while convincing herself that he is not a liar.

 

“Tiffany, we’re both the victim here and I’m so sorry that I let them do that to our family.” Her father said calmly as he pitied his daughter. Tiffany is the most hurt one here because for all this time, she loves Siwon with all of her heart.

 

“T-that’s not true…” She mumbled as she looked down the floor with her tears coming out of her eyes.

 

“You can come in.” Mr. Hwang suddenly said as the door slowly swung open, revealing a familiar guy. The guy walked over at the side of Mr. Hwang as he stared at Tiffany who looked at him while trying to understand the situation.

 

“R-ryeowook oppa… What are you doing h-here?” She tried to find words as she stuttered.

 

“Tiffany, I was the one who told your father about the truth.” Ryeowook responded as he slowly walked over her.

 

“No! You’re lying.” Tiffany said with her loud voice.

 

“Tiffany, I’m saying the truth. I can’t bear to see you believe in his lies.”

 

“Even if everything you said is true, I don’t care.” Tiffany started. “I will believe him no matter what happens. I know he had his reasons for not telling me. I’m sorry.” She continued as she turned around planning to leave the room but her father didn’t let her.

 

“Tiffany! How could you do this to your family?!?” Mr. Hwang shouted angrily. This time, Tiffany didn’t feel scared as she bravely faced her father. She will fight for him no matter what, she doesn’t want to repeat the same decision she made at that time, the decision that she will leave Siwon.

 

“Appa! Please just this time let me decide for my own, to choose the man whom I love. I’m sick of following everything you ordered, I want to decide on my own and follow the thing that I know that will make me happy. I can’t leave him again, appa. I love him so much.” She started to cry as she said those words that really came from her heart. She loves him so much that she will choose him over her family.

 

“I…can’t live without him, appa. Please don’t let me choose between you and him because I know that you know what my answer will be. I’m sorry.” She said between her sobs as she wipes the tears on her cheeks. Even if it hurts to leave her family just like that, she turned around and bear all the pain inside her weak heart. This time, she finally chose him, that her answer to that question is him.

 

“Mr. Hwang!” Ryeowook suddenly shouted as Tiffany heard a loud bump on the floor. She wished that it is not what she is thinking right now but as she faced her father, he saw him lying on the floor, struggling like a weak man while holding the pain in his heart.

 

“Appa!” She can’t leave just like that, not now that his father is like this. She worriedly places his father on her arms, trying to wake him up.  She knew that her father is keeping something from her.

 

“Appa! Appa! Tiffany shouted as she cried over his father. She doesn’t want to lose him. As she cried still with her father on her arms, she started to realize that her decision is wrong, that this time she needs to choose her father over him and she has no choice but to leave him again.

------------

A/N: Here's an update! Sorry it took so long before I updated. I'm so busy because of school that's why. Thank you again for the lovely comments and for the new subcribers. I know that everyone is not happy about sifany, well I'm not happy too. T_T So now you all know who is the mysterious guy. I will update as soon as I can! Thank you and enjoy reading!