Chapter 17 –The Battle Begins

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 17 The Battle Begins


 

What am I to you?That question echoed the whole room.

 

Without any second thoughts, she asked the very question she wanted to be answered.

 

Siwon slowly gaze at her, reading what's on her mind. The atmosphere became serious suddenly as she asked that question. He doesn't even know the answer to her question because like her he's still confused, scared.

 

"What's the meaning of our kiss?"

 

"What's the meaning of our hug?"

 

“Why do you always pretend to be my boyfriend?”

 

“Why are you so good to me?”

 

She asked without letting him answer. She wanted to hear him talk but no words came out from his lips. Again, it hurts her, thinking that she expected that something blooms between them. She knew that the pain she caused is still there in his heart and the short time they had is still not enough to heal those wounds.

 

Up to the end, Siwon didn't utter any word. Tiffany tried to hold her tears back as they both made an eye contact. As soon as a tear fell on her rosy cheek, she walked away, half-running through the hallway, hoping that he will follow her.

 

She didn't look back as she made her way to the hospital roof top. And this time, she didn't hold her tears back but let it out to ease her pained heart.

 

"Tiffany, stop hurting yourself. He can never love you again." She talked to herself, convincing herself that the love between them is totally impossible.

 

"Tiffany..."

 

A manly voice called her. She turned around with full of hopes but as she saw who it was, every hope she had broke down. It's not him. It can never be him.

 

Tiffany looked at the guy in front of her still with those lonely tears on her cheeks. She can't utter any word but suddenly the guy slowly approached her.

 

Without her consent, the guy placed her on his arms. She stays still, processing what's happening as her tears stopped from falling.

 

"Excuse me..." She tried to get away from him but his grip tightened.

 

"Fany-ah, can't you remember me?" The lad asked that made her stop.

 

She tried to think who can he be but no particular person enters her mind.

 

"I'm Heechul."

 

Everything stopped as she heard his name. They both parted as they stare at each others' eyes. Every memory of him came back to her, like a text messages that keeps coming. She didn't expect that she can meet Heechul in this kind of place, in this moment.

 

"Hee...chul." She stuttered still can't believe that it's the Heechul she knew, her childhood friend, her first love.

 

The lad in front of her can't help but to smile as finally Tiffany remembered him.

 

"I'm glad that you didn't forget about me." Heechul smiled amiably at her.

 

-------------

 

Siwon did follow her but he's too late as he saw Tiffany with the same crippled guy he saw with her earlier, hugging her tightly.

 

He wants to go there to separate the both of them but his feelings prevented him to do so. He's still the same old Siwon who is scared to say the truth, to say his true feelings and to get hurt.

 

Yes, she's his weakness that he can't still overcome. Every time Tiffany asked that question, he became tongue-tied. He can't say it.

 

Siwon didn't do anything as he watched both of them. He's still the same coward Choi Siwon.

 

-------------

 

Jessica went directly outside her office as soon as she finished her work. She planned to rest for the week-long project that they made. Finally it's done so a rest is her reward for that.

 

As she walked towards her car, she saw a guy with a brownish hair and with a not-so-tall height wearing a black jeans and a light blue stripes polo shirt, holding a bouquet of flowers, leaning on her car.

 

'Who has the guts to lean on my car?" She asked herself somewhat annoyed of the guy.

 

As she walks closer to her car, she cleared loudly. The guy looked startled as he fixed his clothes and hid the flowers on his back before turning around to face her.

 

To her surprise, she didn't expect to see him. She can't believe that it was him, Donghae.

 

"Do-donghae..." Sica called out his name as she felt her cheeks starting to burn up. She stared at him, missing him. It's been a week since they last saw each other. She wants to hug him and say that she misses her but her feelings prevented her not to do so.

 

Donghae smiled enthusiastically, beaming his charming smile to the lady on front of him. He walked towards her still with the flowers on his back.

 

As their distance were closer, Donghae took out the flowers while biting his lip as he gave it to Jessica who stared at it, surprised that those flowers are for her.

 

"Starting today, I'm officially courting you, Ms. Jung Jessica."

 

----------------

 

After the church incident, Yoona always visited the church to attend mass and to meet her new friend. They got closer as they always had a chat after the mass.

 

"Yoona!" Kyuhyun shouted as he waved his hand to her, approaching her.

 

Yoona smiled at him as she stood up from the bench outside the church.

 

"You're late!" Yoona pouted her lips as she crossed her arms pretending that she's mad.

 

"I'm sorry. Some emergency happened." He explained, apologizing for his tardiness.

 

Yoona smiled at him as they both laugh at each other. "So where are we going?" She asked.

 

"You will know later." Kyuhyun smiled amiably, pulling her to their destination.

 

-------------

 

Sunny took the wallet on her desk as she forgot to contact the owner of it. She opened it, trying to find a contact number.

 

For just a second, she found a calling card that she assumed that belongs to the owner.

 

"Lee Sungmin?" She read it out loud as she stared at it.

 

Without further ado, she dialled his number on her phone.

 

Ring...

 

Ring...

 

After 2 rings, the receiver picked up.

 

"Hello?" A small but serious voice came. Sunny gulped before answering.

 

"Is this Lee Sungmin?" She asked.

 

"You called me then you're asking if I'm Lee Sungmin? Miss, your weird." The so-called Lee Sungmin replied cockily.

 

'What? Weird? Me? How dare him!'Sunny thought angrily because of his cocky attitude.

 

"It's about your wallet. I found it last week and I'm just going to return it." Sunny tried to calm herself as she tells the wallet incident.

 

"My wallet? Ah! You don't need to return it, I don't need it anyway. I already bought a new one."

 

"What? But I need to give this back to you." Sunny was shocked at his answer.

 

"Miss, can't you understand what I said, I don't need it anymore. It will serves as your reward, okay?"

 

Enough. Sunny already reached her limit. 'This guy has a bad mouth, eh?' She said to herself.

 

"Mister. I'm just a kind hearted person who is willing to return your wallet and then you’re saying that this is my reward? I don't really need your money, all right?" Sunny half-yelled as she talks to the cocky Lee Sungmin.

 

Sungmin laughed at her remarks as he hangs up the phone without saying any word.

 

Sunny looked at the phone and he really hung it up. "How dare you?!?" Sunny talked to the phone as if he's Lee Sungmin.

 

Because of her anger, she crumpled his calling card and threw it on the trash bin.

 

"Just wait for me."She muttered evilly.

 

----------------

 

"We're here." Kyuhyun said it proudly.

 

"Amusement park?" Yoona asked, not expecting that Kyu will bring her to the same amusement park where she kissed Siwon and where she said her true feelings to him.

 

"Why? You don't like here?" Kyu asked with a sad face.

 

Yoona pretended to smile as she tried to forget that painful memory. "No. It's fine with me."

 

Kyu smiled warmly as both of them went inside the amusement park. They didn't go here for a date but for just a friendly outing.

 

As they were strolling, they saw a booth.

 

"Let's play there." Yoona pointed the booth with lots of stuffed toys. They both went there as Kyu asked the mechanics of the game.

 

"You just need to hit all those 5 soldiers and you can now choose any stuffed toy here." The lady who is in-charge explained as she handed the pellet gun.

 

Kyuhyun positioned his self like a real gunner as he shoots the first soldier and because of his unexpected skill, he hit all the soldiers down.

 

Yoona is so happy as she chose the stuffed toy she wanted without asking Kyuhyun. The lady handed it to Kyuhyun as Yoona tried to get it from him.

 

"Wow! Thank you!" Yoona thanked him as she took the deer stuffed toy but Kyu didn't allow her to do so.

 

"Who said that this is for you?" Kyuhyun said with a teasing tone as he sealed the deer stuffed toy in his arms.

 

Yoona pouted her lips because of disappointment. "I thought priests can't have girlfriends." She said.

 

"Who told you that I will give this to my girlfriend? You're right as soon as I become priest, having relationship is forbidden but I'm not yet a priest so I can still have one, right?"

 

"So you really have a girlfriend." Yoona felt down suddenly. She must be happy for her friend but it turns out to be the opposite, she's not happy and she doesn't know what's the reason.

 

"Yoona, what's with a gloomy face?" Kyu asked sensing something on Yoona. He wants to as he thought of a good one.

 

"Why? Do you like me?"

 

Yoona became serious as she asked it to herself. 'Do I like him? But the one I like is Siwon not him.' He thought, convincing herself that she doesn't like him.

 

"Of course not!" She replied offensively as she gulped nervously, not looking at his eyes. Kyuhyun can't help but to laugh at her response.

 

"You don't need to shout, I know that you like that rich guy." He said but deep inside, something is wrong.

 

"He is Siwon, not that rich guy." Yoona said as she smiled again. Just saying the name Siwon makes her smile.

 

'That's it Yoona. You like Siwon.'Yoona cheered herself.

 

"How about sitting down there?" Kyuhyun asked as he noticed that they stood up too long.

 

Yoona and Kyu sat down on the bench as they watch the people who pass by them.

 

"Have you ever been in love?" Yoona suddenly asked him, curious if he really experienced it.

 

"Of course. Who wouldn't?"

 

"Then why do you pursue being a priest?"

 

"Because God helped me to forget those painful memories. Because God is there for me whenever I needed His help." Kyuhyun responded as he gets emotional.

 

"Painful memories?" Yoona got curious as he mentioned that words. She knew that it's not good to ask about the past but she can't help but to be curious.

 

"I had my first love when I was in my junior year. I like her because she's too innocent about the world, about everything. She can make people happy by just showing her smile to them and that's why I fell in love with her." Kyuhyun stopped as he shifted his gaze to Yoona.

 

"We both fell in love. We were inseparable but I didn't expect that God will separate us. She... She died. Car accident. I was not there when she fought for her life and that's what I regretted the most in my life. I blamed Him. I hate Him but as time passed by I realize that it was not His fault. And that time I slowly learned to love Him, to respect him. He's the only one who stayed with me in times of loneliness." Kyuhyun shared his life story as a tear fell on his right cheek. He doesn't want to remember the past but he can't do anything because it's part of his life.

 

Yoona stared at him, regretting the fact that she asked about his past. She slowly places her hand on his shoulder, comforting him.

 

"Yah! It's your fault!" Kyuhyun said as he started to laugh as if nothing happened. Yoona smiled at him, understanding that he's doing it to ease the pain.

 

"How about hotdog? My treat." Yoona suggested as she pulled Kyu to stand up. It's the only way to cheer him up.

 

Kyu didn't have any choice as he agreed, following Yoona with a smile on his face.

 

----------------

 

Sunny double checked the name of the building as she looked at the crumpled calling card on her hand.

 

She didn't hesitate as she entered the building, walking straight to the information.

 

"Ma'am, how can I help you?"

 

"I'm looking for Lee Sungmin. Tell him I need to talk to him right now." Sunny ordered that lady as the lady looked at her as if thinking that she's a crazy person.

 

"Ma'am, do you have an appointment with him?"

 

"Just tell him that I'm returning his wallet."

 

"Ma'am, he's--" The lady stopped from talking as she bowed at the person who was standing at the back of Sunny.

 

"Sir, good morning!" The lady greeted his boss as Sunny turned around, curious of the boss who the lady just greeted.

 

Not to her expectation, she saw a good-looking guy, wearing a formal dress staring at her. His eyes, nose & lips are perfect as Sunny can't help but to fall easily to his charms. His hair that looks so smooth and soft added to his charm.

 

'How can a good looking man ever exist in this unfair world?'She asked herself, still admiring the lad in front of her.

 

"Ms. Park, is there any problem with this lady here?" Her so-called boss asked politely as he pointed Sunny.

 

"Sir, this lady here is looking for you." Ms. Park told him as he smiled charmingly at Sunny.

 

"Miss?" Sungmin asked her name as Sunny hurriedly responded without even thinking that just last night that Sungmin is her enemy.

 

"Lee Sunny. Just call me Sunny." Soon, she realized what she just said. 'Babo! Why did you mention your name?' She talked to herself as she blames herself.

 

"Ah, Miss Sunny. How can I help you?" Sungmin asked as if he's not the one who's on the phone with Sunny last night.

 

Sunny came back to her senses as she knows that this polite Sungmin is not really polite but a cocky Sungmin. Without saying any word, she handed the wallet of Sungmin, right in front of his face.

 

"Ah. Now I know. You're the 'kind hearted' person last night." Sungmin said showing his real self as he emphasizes the kind hearted word that made her really pissed off.

 

"Can't you get this already? My arms hurt already." Sunny ordered him angrily as he took it while laughing at her.

 

"Relax. I told you that I don't need this anymore but by the way thanks kind hearted person." He again.

 

Sunny doesn't want to stay here anymore as she passed by him, mumbling some words. "If only you're not handsome, I will surely punch your face."

 

He heard it clearly as he smirked at her statement. "So I'm handsome?" He asked her as she stopped from walking, realizing that he heard it. 'Why can't you keep your mouth shut?' She shouted to herself as she turned around.

 

"You're handsome but that's the opposite of your attitude!" Sunny half-shouted as she sticks her tongue out. Then she walked away, happy about what she did.

 

-------------

 

"Are you okay?”Heechul asked the sad lady beside her. After their unexpected reunion, they decided to talk about their selves to cope up their lost time together. They took a seat at the bench still on the rooftop as Heechul initiated their conversation.

 

Tiffany nodded herself using her remaining energy but the truth is she’s not alright and she’s not always alright when it involves Siwon.

 

“Did that bastard hurts you?”Heechul asked worriedly using some harsh words.

 

“He’s not a bastard. It’s my fault anyway.”Tiffany defended Siwon as she somewhat let out a small chuckle. “The truth is, he’s not my boyfriend and we are not getting closer in that kind of relationship. He can be my husband if he chooses me. Arrange marriage, that’s it.”Fany continued looking at the peaceful sky above.

 

Heechul formed an ‘O’shape on his mouth as he understood her situation right now.

 

“Oppa, when did you come back?”She asked her diverting their topic to him.

 

“Last week. I was looking for you everywhere and I never expected finding you in this hospital. Did something happen to you?”He muttered.

 

“Allergy. Seafood, remember?”

 

“Oh. Right. Just be careful next time.”Heechul smiled pleasantly as he knew that Tiffany is in good condition now.

 

“Why did you come back? Are you living here for good?”

 

“Like what I told you earlier, I was looking for you.”He answered.

 

“Why? Is something wrong?”She asked as she faced him, puzzled about his answer.

 

“Because I like you. I miss my dongsaeng.”He confessed seriously followed by a charming smile. At first, Tiffany was surprised about what he said but realized that maybe he’s just joking and saying that he likes her as a dongsaeng and not as a woman.

 

Fany smiled at him. “I miss my oppa too.”She responded beaming her eye smile to him. They both laughed at their statements.

 

“About that guy, if he hurts you, just come to me and I will punch him, all right?”Heechul playfully said as he acted punching someone in the air. Tiffany can’t help but to giggle at his playfulness, still he is the same Heechul she used to admire, used to love.

 

“Thank you, oppa.”She muttered as she gave Heechul a friendly hug. Heechul didn’t hesitate but to hug her back.

 

“No problem.”

 

---------------

 

“No.”Jessica said firmly.

 

“What?”Donghae asked her, perplexed about her response.

 

“I mean…Yes. I don’t know.”Jessica said unsurely as she walked straight to her car. Donghae can’t understand her. He only said that he will court her but what with her response?

 

“Jessica…”Donghae followed her in her car, still not giving up. He will not give up, not this time. Now that he knew that he had a chance.

 

Not to Donghae’s knowing, Jessica is happy about what he said but she just can’t control herself. When it comes to love, Jessica sometimes became weird.

 

Donghae didn’t let Jessica to enter her car as he places his hand on the car door, holding it firmly. “Look at me.”He said softly that melted Jessica’s heart. Jessica shifted her gaze to him, as she saw a handsome looking guy staring at him intently. She knew that he is sincere, that everything is true.

 

She wasted no time as she pulled him for a hug. She held her tears tightly so that it will not fall. Her hug became tight as Donghae hugged her back, smiling like a fool. Soon, he heard soft sobs on his right ear and he’s sure that it’s coming from the girl in his arms.

 

Imiss you…”Jessica said between her sobs as Donghae bites his lips preventing his smile to come out. He is like a father who comforts his daughter.

 

“What? I can’t hear.”Donghae pretended that he didn’t hear her as Jessica repeated her words, louder than the first one.

 

I said I miss you.She said biting her lips to prevent her tears to come out.

 

“What?”Donghae attempted again but that just made Sica angry as she parted their hug, looking at him as she pouted her lips. Donghae knew that Jessica is already angry as he pulled her for another hug, this time with him doing it.

 

I miss you too.Donghae said without any hesitation. Now he knows that Jessica really likes to hide her feelings towards others.

 

Jessica was like that because she doesn’t want to show her feelings to him, she doesn’t want to show that she misses him so much so she pretended that she doesn’t want but as Donghae started to speak, her heart somewhat calms down and that let her broke down. She can’t hide it anymore because she’s totally in love with this man.

 

---------------

 

Tiffany came back to her hospital room as she played with her nails, nervous to see Siwon. She doesn’t know what to say. She knew that she’s unreasonable in asking that kind of question to him. Heechul even asked her if he needs to be accompanied but she refused, she doesn’t want Heechul to be involved in their problem.

 

She arrived quietly at the room, peeking if Siwon is still there and she’s absolutely right, he’s still there watching the television. She gathered all of her courage as she enters the room, going straight to her bed.

 

Surely, Siwon noticed her as he stood up from the couch.

 

“Where have you been?”Siwon asked calmly but it is visible in his eyes that he’s worried. He knew where but he pretended not to know.

 

“I was with Heechul oppa.”Siwon’s ears perked up hearing an unfamiliar name coming from her lips.

 

“Heechul?”He asked.

 

“He’s my childhood friend.”

 

And first love.A voice was heard coming from the door as the both of them shifted their gaze onto that person.

 

“Hi, Fany!”Heechul greeted excitedly as he made his way to her without his crutches. Without crutches? What’s the meaning of that?

 

“Heechul oppa…”Fany was surprised because of his sudden appearance. She became shy suddenly. “Where’s your crutches?”Tiffany continued as she noticed that he can walk normally.

 

“I don’t need my props anymore.”Heechul grinned as he beamed his toothy smile.

 

“What? So you can walk?”Fany can’t believe that Heechul tricked her.

 

“Of course! Look!”Heechul said as he stretched both of his legs, showing that he’s alright.

 

“Oppa, don’t do that again.”Fany said as they both looked like a real couple. They both laughed at one another, showing how close they are.

 

‘This Heechul…’Siwon thought as he gritted his teeth realizing that he was also tricked by this mysterious man.

 

“First love?”Siwon asked unsurely changing their topic as he looked at the clingy Heechul with a jealous look. He needs to know that truth.

 

Yes, Im her first love and Im planning to get her back.Heechul said seriously as Siwon and he made an eye contact. There’s some kind of invisible fire between their gaze. And that statement hits Siwon.

 

“Oppa.”Fany looked at Heechul who is looking seriously to Siwon. She was surprised about his sudden statement. She doesn’t know what’s happening to Heechul’s mind but she knew that he planned something.

 

Then you will need to get through me first.Siwon said as if Tiffany is his property, challenging Heechul as he smirked. Hee approached him with glaring eyes.

 

“Why do I need to do that? Do you like her?Heechul asked him the same question that he tried to answer himself.

 

Tiffany watched the two of them argue as she waited for Siwon’s answer. Will he reveal his true feelings or not? Her heart started to beat faster as she hoped that his answer will be a yes.

 

“What? You can’t answer. So it means you lose.”Heechul smirked cockily as he patted his shoulders. That made Siwon pissed off as he glared at him.

 

Without further ado, Siwon answered his question bravely and truthfully. He can’t lose to this Heechul. Not this time.

 

Yes, I like her.”

 

------------

A/N: Hello guys! I just can't keep myself from updating because of all your comments. I'm so happy for the comments and the new subscribers! Thank you so much guys! Merry Christmas again! Another gift. :) Please enjoy and please comment and subscribe.

@bommieandhyunnie: Sorry if I disappointed you. I personally don't like Kyuna but they look good together that's why I chose Kyuhyun to be with her. And also I'm not a YongSeo shipper nor Seokyu shipper. Thanks for the comment by the way. :)

Thanks for this people who continuously commented on my fic! I love you guys.

Brighterthandiamond, Mar1221, haeminsicastal, ilovefanyfanymushy, minstal_1, supergeneration232, bommieandhyunnie, ddilfany, pauley, sifany4ever, MG091OELF13, ilovehaesica, smurfette, SoneElfShipper, Saratiffanyfan, siffany, fanybsnsd, Angelynn, strawberri1928, lovelove11, imobsessedwithshinee, SonElf07, juliaia, Vaneziata, kimberly, SMNoel189, diddlesme, thachan, Taeny96, Luckysmile, mayru22, HaeSicaPTFan & ahsyrt0295!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ADVANCE HAPPY NEW YEAR!