Chapter 11 - New Chance

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 11

 

Siwon stared at the first folder, not believing what he saw. How can she be the one of the girls he could marry? There are many girls there with the same status as her but why her?

 

"Dad, she can't be." Siwon retorted while looking at his father's eyes intently.

 

"Don't say anything until you finished looking at the three folders." His father ordered him as Siwon placed down the folder in the table in front of him. He slowly lift up the folder, again he was shocked as he stare at the picture. He placed it down again as he open the last folder. As he saw who it was, he placed it down on the table with a mad expression.

 

He can't take his father anymore so he stood up bravely. "How can you ruin our own lives? They are my friends and I want them to marry the man they truly love. I don't want them to be angry to me because of your plans. How could you?!?" Siwon retorted angrily while raising his voice to his own father.

 

"Are you raising your voice on me?!? I'm your father and I can do anything I want to you! It's not for my own sake, it's for you. What can you ask for? They are rich, beautiful and they studied in prestigious schools." Mr. Choi shouted at Siwon. He can't believe that his son can raised his voice on him.

 

"But they are my friends. I want them to be happy." He countered as he slowly calm his temper.

 

"I don't want to talk about this anymore. You should go back to bed and I don't want my only son to disappoint me." His father ordered him as Siwon turned around, leaving the room.

 

As he closed the door, he leaned on the door thinking what will happen. He breathed out heavily as he unties his neck tie while walking towards to his room.

 

------------

 

Donghae was on his way to his office when Siwon called him.

 

"Donghae, I need you now in my office." Siwon ordered as he said it quickly as he can while controlling his temper.

 

"Whoa! Wait. Siwon-ah, what's wrong with you?" Donghae questioned him.

 

"Just come here quickly. I will explain everything here." Siwon added as he hung up the phone leaving Donghae curious of what is happening to him.

 

After their short conversation, Donghae made his way to Siwon's office as fast as he can. He knocked twice then he opened the door, revealing a guy with his hands on his temples, massaging it.

 

"Yo! Something happened?" Donghae asked as he slowly approached him and sat on one of the chairs. He knew that his friend has a problem because he never saw Siwon like this.

 

"My father arranged me to some marriage." Siwon blurted out as he watched at his friend problematically.

 

"What? Arrange marriage? Cool." Donghae laughed hard as he thought that arrange marriage can still be applied nowadays. "Please, don't laugh. Just help me will you." Siwon said as he breathed out heavily. "Don't worry man. I will help you. So who is this lucky girl?" Donghae asked him sarcastically.

 

"It's not only a girl but girls. There are 3 of them."

 

"What? This is the first time I heard something like this. Three girls to one guy." Donghae muttered followed by a laugh. He wanted to tease his friend but he knows that Siwon is already pissed.

 

"I bet when you heard the name of those 3, you will stand up from your seat."

 

"Name them." Donghae asked for the names excitedly.

 

"First, Im Yoona, your cousin." After Donghae heard the first name, his eyes went wide as he burst out laughing. "What? Is that true? Yoona to be your wife?" Donghae laughed as he stared at Siwon's expression.

 

"I said don't laugh. I don't want her to be part of this. I want her to marry the guy he loves." Siwon said sadly. "Siwon-ah, don't worry. I bet Yoona will be so happy hearing this news." Donghae assured him.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Nothing. Next name please." Donghae didn't want to tell that Yoona likes Siwon. Yoona should be the one to tell him.

 

Siwon cleared his throat.

 

"Jung Jessica."

 

Donghae didn't know what to react but deep inside his heart he felt something, like a stab to his heart. "W-what? Je-Jessica?" Donghae stuttered his words while forcing a smile. Siwon nodded his head as he noticed that there's something different to Donghae after he said the name of Jessica.

 

Then Donghae remembered what happened to them last night.

 

*Flashback*

 

Donghae opened his eyes as he looked at his watch. It's already 6 in the morning. He noticed that Jessica is still sleeping soundly so he decided to get down from the car to hail some car.

 

As he got down, he waited for some minute and finally one car passed. He raised his hand signaling for the car to stop and luckily, the car stopped.

 

"Sir. Can I borrow you phone? We were stranded here since last night and I really need to call my secretary." Donghae pleaded as the car owner agreed.

 

After the call, he returned the phone and thanked the old man. The old man left as Donghae got inside the car, waiting for the rescuer to come. As he sat on the driver's seat, he stared at Jessica's sleeping face. 'How can a girl like her sleeping soundly at this kind of place? She must be a heavy sleeper.' Donghae thought as he smiled a little.

 

As Donghae stare at her, he didn't realize that his face was getting closer to her then suddenly Jessica pulled Donghae without her knowing. Now, Donghae was on her arms. Donghae eyes went wide as he needed to think of a way to get out from her hug. He tried to wake her up but it's useless. She can't hear him. But then Donghae stopped struggling as he felt surprisingly comfortable with her embrace. He closed his eyes, feeling her embrace as well as smelling her scent.

 

After few minutes, Jessica changed her position as she released Donghae. Still, she was sleeping soundly. Donghae can't help but to smile as he stare at her. How can she be still sleeping after what happened. He leaned on his chair as he can't take his eyes off Jessica.

 

'She's cute when she sleeps.' Donghae thought as a sweet smile slowly crept on his face but then he saw his secretary's car approaching his. He had no choice but to wake up Jessica.

 

"Jessica, wake up. We can go home now." Donghae woke her up as Jessica stretched her arms widely while yawning loudly and because of that Donghae laughed at her not-like-a-lady action.

 

"Sorry. I forgot that I'm not at home." Jessica apologized shyly of her actions.

 

Donghae didn't mind at all and in fact he likes that side of her, the true Jessica. He just smiled at her as if teasing her.

 

*End of flashback*

 

"Ya! Donghae, what are you thinking?" Siwon shouted at Donghae that made Donghae come back to reality. "Sorry. I just remembered something. So where are we now?" Donghae asked forgetting the things they are talking about.

 

Siwon shook his head because of disappointment. "The last is Hwang Tiffany." Siwon said not blinking an eye. "What?!?" Donghae stood up because of what he heard. How can that happen? What a small world.

 

"Did you tell to your father that you don't want?" Donghae followed a question as he pitied his friend. "I already tried my best to persuade him but his decision is already final." Siwon responded problematically.

 

"So what are the rules?"

 

"He said that I need to date them 5 times each and I need your help in planning where to bring them." Siwon asked for his best friend's help because he knew that Donghae is a romantic guy.

 

Siwon took a piece of bond paper and handed it to Donghae. "So here's the plan." Donghae started as he wrote the best place for a date. After writing it all down, he showed it to Siwon while explaining each.

 

"So the very first thing you must do is a dinner date. Dinner date is the best way to know if you're comfortable with her alone. In that dinner, you should ask for her likes and dislikes so that you can be aware to what will you say. I knew you know some of their likes and dislikes but there are things that you still don't know. Also, you can observe their table manners. So it's okay for you?" Donghae explained every detail for the first date.

 

Siwon nodded but there's something that is bothering him. "What will I do when I'm with Tiffany?" Donghae looked at his friend pitifully as he remembered the things Siwon experienced when Tiffany left him.

 

"Siwon-ah, I know it's hard but just think that it's the way for you to know the truth why she left you that day. Don't show her that you can't still move on but show her that you're fine without her that you already forgot about her and in that way, you can give back what she had done to you. And maybe at the end, you will still choose her, we never know." Donghae told Siwon his advice. He knows that it's hard on his part but he thought that it is fate that let them meet again and maybe something will happen that will change everything.

 

"Donghae, thanks for that. I will keep your advice to my heart." Siwon thanked him with a smile. "No prob. So the next date will be on the church." Donghae started to explain the 2nd date.

 

"Church?" Siwon asked out of curiousity.

 

"Yes, church. In this place, you can know if she's patient in waiting. Also it's a plus factor if she's religious like you. And after attending the mass, you can talk more about yourselves." Donghae ended the 2nd date.

 

"Okay. What's next?"

 

"Of course, it's amusement park. You can know if she can is fun to be with. You can learn more about her and there are lots of romantic places there." Donghae explained again expertly. "Whoa. You're an expert when it comes to dating, eh?" Siwon somewhat complimented him followed with a chuckle.

 

"That's why girls like me.” Donghae boasted as he said where will be the 4th date. “The 4th place will be in the most romantic place here in Korea, Namsan tower."

 

"I never thought about Namsan Tower." Siwon uttered as Donghae continue on his talking.

 

"Here, you will do the most exciting part, the most awaited kiss." Donghae slowly said it while emphasizing the word kiss but as he thinks of it, he doesn't want to see Siwon and Jessica kissing.

 

"What?!? Kiss?!? No! I can’t. I respect them." Siwon retorted as he imagine himself kissing the three of them. "Siwon-ah, it's only a kiss and that kiss will tell you if she's the right one." Donghae explained carefully to him.

 

“How can I know if she’s the right one?” Siwon followed up a question as Donghae answered him quickly. “It’s easy. If you kissed her then it feels so right then she’s the right one and also when you see fireworks in the sky.” Donghae explained as he started imagining.

 

“Fireworks? What do you mean? The real one?” Siwon was clueless to what his friend was saying. “Are you dumb or what? Of course, the imaginary fireworks. You will know if your already in that situation.” He made clear of the kissing part.

 

"I think I have no choice."

 

"Good. So the next one is a yacht date but with the three of them." Donghae told him the last date.  

 

"Three of them? How can I date the three of them in one place?"

 

"This will be the judgment day. In this day, you will only choose one between the three of them. And the one you will choose will be the girl you will marry and it's not the end. After choosing the right girl, you will have a 3-day vacation with her alone." Donghae explained the last date with a smile and excitement.

 

"That's going to be hard but when will I start?" Siwon asked.

 

"Oh I forgot. So on Wednesday is Yoona's day off so you must be with Yoona every Wednesday until you finish the 4 dates. Then for Jessica, her dayoff is on Friday and the last for Tiffany, Saturday. Deal?"

 

Siwon agreed as he thanked his friend for his brilliant idea. "Thanks for your help."

 

"No problem as long as you will treat me every lunch." Donghae offered.

 

"Sure." Siwon agreed with a laugh. "I need to go. I still need to fix some papers for this afternoon's meeting. Bye!" Donghae bid his farewell as the door closed leaving Siwon alone.

 

Siwon looked at the window, staring at the clear and blue sky. He breathed out heavily as he thought that this will be a hard challenge to face. He closed his eyes, clearing his mind as he slowly fell asleep.

 

----------

 

Tiffany and Jessica decided to meet in a coffee shop about something important.

 

"Sica, what happened to you last night?" Fany asked a bit worried. "Donghae's car suddenly stopped and we're stranded there for the whole night. Lucky me, right?" Jessica explained her misfortune.

 

Tiffany chuckled about what happened to Sica. "I think you look happy about last night?" Fany followed a question that caught Sica's attention. It took time before Jessica can respond and that let Tiffany think of something. "Sica? Are you still alive?"

 

Jessica looked at her curious friend as her senses came back. "Ya! I'm not happy about last night!" Jessica denied it nervously. Fany laughed a little as she teases her friend again. "Really? Then what's that pink on your cheeks?"

 

"Pink?" Jessica touched her cheeks as she snatched the mirror of Fany to look if she is really blushing. "There's no pink! I hate you!" Jessica was mad to Fany for teasing her.

 

Fany can't help but to laugh at her friend. "Sica, I'm just joking. So what is the thing you want to talk about early in the morning?"

 

"Arrange marriage."Sica simply said it as Fany eyes went wide. "My father arrange me to a marriage and guess what, it is to Mr. Choi Siwon."

 

"Really? How can that happen?" Fany asked as she felt pain inside. How can her best friend marry the guy he likes? She still doesn't know that she's part of it. "And the worst part is, there are 2 ladies other than me. I can't believe it."

 

"So who's the other two?" Tiffany asked again. She wants to know who will be the possible wife of Siwon. "I still don't know." Jessica answered.

 

Bling! Bling!

 

Tiffany answered her phone as she notice that it's her father.

 

"Fany-ah, I need to talk to you now in my office." His father said urgently as he hung up not letting Fany speak anymore.

 

"Who's that?" Jessica asked as she sips her coffee. "It's my father. I need to go." Fany said as she left the bill and taking her bag. "Bye, Sica. See you tomorrow."

 

Tiffany went out in the coffee shop as she walk towards her car. She got inside as she started the engine. After starting it, she drove to her father's company.

 

-----------

 

"Appa, is there something wrong?" Tiffany asked his father as she entered her father's office. "Tiffany, sit down." His father ordered as Tiffany took her seat nervously. "Miyoung-ah." His father called her with her real name and that means it's really important and it's a serious matter.

 

"Appa, what's wrong?" Tiffany asked with her nervous heart and trembling mind.

 

"I arranged you to a marriage."

 

"What?!?" Tiffany half yelled as she stood up on her seat while panicking.  "Appa. I already told you already that I don't want arrange marriage." Tiffany retorted as she took her seat to calm down. "I can't do anything. We have a friendship that I cherish and it's a simple request from him. I don't want to let him down." Mr. Hwang explained that he needs to do it for their friendship.

 

"But Dad! How about me? Am I not important to you? I don't want this to happen again." Tiffany pouted her lips because she doesn't want to marry someone he doesn't even know. "Miyoung-ah, I know. This time I also don't have choice. So please just do it for me and it's not sure because there are 2 ladies aside from you."

 

"2 ladies?" Fany asked curiously. It's like what Jessica said to her earlier about the 3 ladies for Siwon's fiancée. "Miyoung-ah. Don't worry, this guy is handsome, kind and has a high status. He looks like a loving husband. I'm sure you will like him." Mr. Hwang described his personality to his daughter.

 

"Appa. I don't want. I'm tired of this. This will just ruin my life again." Fany stood up from her seat as she walks towards the door. But suddenly her father stopped him.

 

"Can you just ask the name first?"

 

Tiffany stopped as she thought of what her father said. She turned around not smiling as well as waiting for the name.

 

"It's Mr. Choi Siwon."

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I will try to update the next chapter by tomorrow. :) Thanks for the new subscribers and for the comments. :)