Chapter 15 – Change of heart?

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 15 – Change of heart?

Yoona drove her way down to the city, planning to have a surprise visit to Siwon. Early in the morning, she saw the clothes from the man who they met in the church. As she stared at it, she realized that she can use it as an excuse so that Siwon and her can go out together. And still, she wanted to apologize for her stubbornness.

 

As the stoplight turned to red, she stopped as her eyes caught someone. She clearly saw someone she knew but she soon realized that it was Siwon, coming out from a restaurant with a plastic bag on his right hand. She decided to go down and call him but she thought that maybe he will do something important so for Yoona to make sure, she called his phone.

 

He instantly answered the call.

 

“Yoona?” His voice came out very manly.

 

“Siwon-ah, are you free today? I’m planning to ask you if you can accompany me back to the church to return the clothes of the man who we met that day.”

 

“I…” Siwon stuttered as Yoona sensed that he is busy.

 

Yoona laughed before she talked. “It’s okay if you can’t come. We can go next time.”

 

“Yoona, I’m sorry. I still have a meeting. I hope you can forgive me.” Siwon apologized.

 

“No. It’s fine. Just do your best on your meeting later.” Yoona cheered her up as she stared at him from her car to his car.

 

“Thank you. I should go.” Siwon thanked her as he hangs up the phone.

 

Yoona is sad but at the same time happy because she heard his voice once again. As she started to step on the accelerator, she saw that Siwon went to the other direction, not to his office. Her curiosity bugged her as she followed his car to wherever he goes.

 

As she drives, she noticed that the place is familiar and she’s right, she already came here. As her eyes shifted straight, he saw that Siwon stopped in front of a house, his own house. Yoona stopped her car not far from his house as she saw Siwon entering his house. At first, she didn’t think that Siwon will lie to her but that’s the truth, he lied to her and for her, accepting the truth is the hardest thing.

 

She felt sad as she realized that Siwon only said that he has a meeting because he doesn’t want to meet her. Her heart suddenly ached as she stared at his house.

 

“He really didn’t want to see me, eh?” She asked herself, forcing to smile. “Am I just a friend for him?” Yoona talked to herself, easing the pain he caused.

 

------------------

 

Yoona parked her car not far from the church as she stayed there, staring at nowhere, still thinking of Siwon. For her, it’s really clear that Siwon only likes her as a friend and she knew that it will never change but still she wants to fight for everything she wants, for the man she loves.

 

After a long silence inside the car, she looked on the paper bag beside her. She took it as she got down from her car with the paper bag on her hand. She’s already here so she decided to give back the clothes and also apologized for what she did.

 

It’s nearly 5:30 in the afternoon and the sky started turning black as she entered the church with no one inside. She slowly walked at the side, looking for where the students stay. Then she saw a light coming from a door, she didn’t hesitate as she knocked twice.

 

The door opened from inside revealing a small man, looking at her intently.

 

“Excuse me, is there a man here with a wavy hair, white skin, small eyes and with a height that is a bit taller than me?” Yoona asked politely as she describes the man she was talking about. The small man in front of him is currently registering the features she just explained.

 

“Ah! Is it Kyuhyun?” The small man mentioned an unfamiliar name to her.

 

“I really don’t know his name but if he’s really the one I’m talking about then can I talk to him for a second?”

 

“Just wait here, I will just call him.” The small man went inside as Yoona waited outside.

 

Not even a minute, the man with the name Kyuhyun went outside, greeting her with a warm smile but as soon as he found out that it was her, his lovely smile slowly faded.

 

“Oh. Look who’s here. Do you need anything, ma’am?” Kyuhyun asked her as if he is her servant.

 

“I didn’t came here to fight, I just want to give this back to you.” She handed the paper bag from his hand as Kyuhyun took it while checking the content.

 

“Oh. Thank you.” Kyuhyun thanked her half-heartedly.

 

“And I’m sorry…” Yoona apologized sincerely as Kyuhyun found out that she is not what he thinks.

 

“Oh. It’s okay. I didn’t take it to heart.” Kyuhyun said still surprised at her attitude change. Yoona smiled forcedly as she bowed, bidding her goodbye. Kyuhyun stood by the door as he stared at her walking away. But as Yoona walked, she suddenly tripped on the floor causing a loud thud that echoed inside the church.

 

Yoona tried to stand up but her feet can’t do so. She started crying lowly, not because of the accident but because of Siwon, not telling her the truth. For her, the most painful thing is to know that the person you love lied to you.

 

But as she cried, she saw a hand, reaching out to her. Yoona lifted her head to look who the one is helping her. She really didn’t expect that the person she considered as an enemy will help her. Yoona didn’t hesitate as she took his hand while wiping her tears.

 

Kyuhyun pulled her up but as Yoona stood up, there is only a small space between them. They both became awkward and shy with each other as Yoona let go of his hand, moving away from him.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly.

 

For the first time, as Yoona stared at him, she felt something different. ‘Why did he become handsome suddenly?’ She thought but as soon as she realized that she should not think of that thing, she shook her head repeatedly forgetting the thoughts about Kyuhyun.

 

“Miss, are you okay?” Kyuhyun became really worried as he saw her acting weird.

 

“I’m okay…” Yoona replied as she looked down the floor.

 

“Are you sure?” Kyuhyun step closer to her.

 

Yoona felt her cheeks burning as she started to shake her head, walking past to him hurriedly. She suddenly forgot why she cried. Kyuhyun looked at her puzzled of her sudden action.

 

“How about a drink?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked her that made her stop from escaping. ‘Why would he ask me for a drink?’ Yoona asked herself, thinking if she will accept his offer or not.

 

‘Why did I even ask her? She will not agree for sure. What’s wrong with you Kyuhyun?’ Kyu asked himself, regretting the fact that he asked her for a drink. Are they friends for him to ask her for a drink?

 

“It’s o—” Kyu was cut off by Yoona as she agreed.

 

“Sure.” She faced him controlling her smile. “If it’s your treat.” Yoona finally smiled that captured his heart. Kyu hides his smile as he look at her smiling and beautiful face.

 

--------------

 

Yoona took a seat on one of the benches outside the church waiting for her new friend to come. She doesn’t know but she felt happy.

 

“Here.” Kyu popped out suddenly on her side, handing her a soda.

 

Yoona laughed as she took the soda from him. “So this is your treat? A soda?” Yoona for buying a cheap drink. Kyuhyun scratches the back of his head as he felt embarrassed because of the cheap soda.

 

“I don’t know what you like so I bought a soda thinking that you will like it.” Kyuhyun smiled forcedly as he sat at the bench. Yoona is sitting at the end of the bench while Kyu is sitting on the other end of the bench. There’s a big space between them.

 

“I’m just joking. Thank you for this.” Yoona smiled as she waved the soda. Kyu grinned a bit. As Kyu opened his soda, he started drinking half of it as he glances at her if she’s drinking her soda but unfortunately she is not.

 

“Did you and your boyfriend fought?” Kyu started a new topic sensing that Yoona had a fight with Siwon who he thought as her boyfriend. The atmosphere changes into sad one as her smile slowly vanished, thinking about Siwon again.

 

“The truth is, he’s not my boyfriend and even if I wanted to be his girlfriend, I still don’t have any chance.” Yoona explained as she pretended to smile. Kyu regretted that he even opened that topic. Now, he knows that Siwon is not her boyfriend.

 

“Is that why you cried?”

 

“I’d like to say no but the answer to your question is a yes. He lied to me.” Yoona explained as if Kyu is already her close friend. “And I know that I’m just a friend for him and forever will.” She continued saying it bitterly.

 

“Don’t stick on him. There are many guys there who can love you to what you really are. He’s not the only guy here on earth.” Kyuhyun suddenly blurted out some advices that he really didn’t do to anyone.

 

“And… you’re quite pretty.” He suddenly blurted out without even thinking. It’s the first time for him to compliment a girl that she’s pretty and it took all of his courage to say it.

 

Yoona stopped talking as she heard what he said. She never thought that someone like him will tell her that. They are not even close yet and today is their first time to talk like this. Then Yoona suddenly noticed the time, it’s already 8:00 in the evening and it’s already late because her house is a bit far from the church.

 

“Do you need to go home?” Kyu asked her as he noticed that her attention is on her watch.

 

“I’m sorry. I really need to go home.” Yoona muttered. Kyuhyun stood up sensing that she will really leave soon, so Yoona stood up also as she fixed her clothes. “I think this a goodbye.” She said.

 

“Goodbye then, nice meeting you by the way.” Kyuhyun bid his goodbye as Yoona bowed politely as they parted ways. But suddenly Kyu realized that he didn’t even ask her name so he turned back, finding where she parked her car.

 

Then he saw Yoona approaching her car. Kyu didn’t waste any second as he called her.

 

“Hey!”

 

Yoona turned around to look who it was. “Is there something wrong?” Yoona shouted back at him.

 

“I forgot to introduce myself! I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyu introduced himself as he shouted back at her because of the far distance between them.

 

Yoona can’t help to smile as she realized that they are shouting to each other.

 

“Im Yoona. You can call me Yoona.” Yoona smiled at him warmly as Kyu smiled back at her.

 

Even if Siwon lied to Yoona, at least, she met a new friend that can understand her.
 

--------------------

 

3rd date – Yoona

 

As what the planner of Siwon said, for the 3rd date he will bring Yoona to the amusement park. Siwon felt guilty as he thought of the other day, the day he lied to her. So today he planned to make her happy.

 

Its 10 minutes early as Siwon fetched him in her house. It’s only 8:20 in the morning and they decided to meet at exactly 8:30 and they will go to the amusement park at 9:00 am. He pressed the doorbell as the maid came outside. As soon as she saw who it was, she immediately called Yoona.

 

Yoona came down and went outside their house but not with the same energetic and lively aura she had every time she’s with Siwon.

 

“Hello.” Siwon greeted enthusiastically as he opened the car door for her but Yoona just smiled while nodding.

 

Siwon found it a bit weird because Yoona is not like that when they are together. She is always smiling and always tells a story. But today it’s a bit different and without him knowing, it’s because of his fault.

 

------------------

 

They arrived at the amusement park without even talking so Siwon initiated there first conversation for the day.

 

“What ride do you want to try first?”

 

“Anything. You choose.” Yoona said without any energy as Siwon had no choice but to decide.

 

Their amusement park date was boring at first but as they rode on every ride, Yoona started to smile the way she do it. She even laughs a bit when Siwon tries to make a joke. Siwon did everything just to make Yoona happy again.

 

As the time landed on 10 o’clock in the evening, they decided to go home. As they walk back to the parking lot, Yoona gathered her courage to ask him everything she wants to know.

 

“Is it Tiffany?”

 

Siwon stopped from walking as he slowly faced Yoona. “What?” He asked.

 

“Is it Tiffany, the girl you told me when we were in college?” Yoona completed her question. But Siwon didn’t want to hide it anymore as he answered her truthfully.

 

“Yes. It’s her.”

 

“Do you still love her?” Yoona throws another hard question on him.

 

“Yoona… I…” Yoona didn’t let Siwon finish what he wanted to say.

 

“Can’t you love me more than a friend?” Now, they are both serious as Yoona looked at him intently as she held back her tears.

 

“Yoona, what are you saying?” Siwon can’t answer her question because he doesn’t want Yoona to be hurt.

 

“Do you really hate me? Do you have to lie to me? Why can’t you just say that I have no chance so that I will not look like a fool who still waits for no one?” Yoona started to cry as she asked those questions.

 

“Yoona, I don’t hate you and I’m not sure about what I feel. Yoona, you’re very important to me because up to now you didn’t leave me and stayed with me as my friend and I really appreciate it but can you just give me time to sort my feelings.”

 

“Time? I almost give you all my time. Since the first time we met, I already gave you my time… my everything.” She half-shouted as she blurted out all of her feelings. “Is it hard to love someone like me?” She continued bitterly.

 

“Siwon-ah, I love you…”

 

Yoona started walking forward to her as she leaned to him, kissing him on his lips. Siwon didn’t move as he stayed surprised about what she did. Yoona kissed him as she cried painfully. She parted their lips as she felt the cold lips of him, she felt nothing, not even a little love. The kiss didn’t mean anything just a mere kiss.

 

Without any word, Yoona turned her back on him, walking away from Siwon. Siwon didn’t try to call her because for him, she’s only a friend. He can’t force himself to love her. He felt sorry towards her. He appreciate the kindness Yoona showed him but how can he love her even if Siwon flips his heart all over again, still they can’t be together because in Siwon’s heart there’s only one woman he can love truly.

 

I’m sorry…” He muttered lowly still looking at her direction.

 

---------------

 

Tiffany stayed on her condominium alone every day after what happened on the rain that day. She can’t forget that sweet moment she had with him because now she knew that she still have a chance to get Siwon back. But as she remembered their kiss, she can’t help but to feel embarrassed. For her, the kiss was amazing but the thing she can’t help to think is that, what if for Siwon, it’s just a kiss and it has no meaning at all.

 

Siwon didn’t say any word that day and that made her really confused. How can she know if Siwon kissed her because he loves her or he just want to take revenge on her? Her mind can explode any minute as she thinks of what could be the answer.

 

Also, since that day, a week to be exact, Siwon didn’t contact her or even send a text message. Is he somewhat torturing her?

 

Tiffany stood up from the couch, still bothered by the thoughts of Siwon as she went to the kitchen, searching for food. As she was looking for a delicious food to eat, she saw a Tupperware on the fridge and for what she knew, she didn’t bring any Tupperware but then she took it to peek what’s inside.

 

As she opened it, a delicious food was revealed. She doesn’t know what is it but it looked really delicious so she places it on the microwave to heat it. Finally she found something edible to eat. After a minute, she took the food inside the microwave and brings it to the living room. She played a movie as she positioned herself on the couch with the food on her hand.

 

The movie started as she took a bite and unexpectedly it tastes delicious. And then she took another bite until she finished it all without any left over. She’s already full and her energy came back again.

 

In the half part of the movie, suddenly, she felt something on her stomach and throat. is so itchy and her stomach started to hurt. She ignored it at first as she proceeded in watching the movie but after that she can’t bear the pain anymore as she stumbles down the floor, holding her tummy to ease the pain.

 

She didn’t know what to do as she took the plate and then she realized that the food she just ate contains seafood. She’s allergic to seafood that she can’t eat any of those because something bad might happen to her like what happened to her when she was still in high school.

 

She took her phone on the table as she looked for a number to dial. But in the end, she just dialled the number of the hospital because she doesn’t want her family to worry about her. After the phone call, her phone slipped from her hand as she felt that everything is spinning until she totally lost her consciousness.

 

-----------------

 

3rd date – Jessica

 

Today, for Jessica and Siwon date will be just a friendly date because now they finally knew that they really can’t be a couple in the future. Just friends, that’s it.

 

As usual, Siwon fetched Jessica on her house, the same time and the same place where Yoona and Siwon dated. As they were on the entrance of the amusement park, a call interrupted the two of them.

 

Siwon immediately answered it from an unknown number.

 

“Hello?” Siwon answered.

 

“Are you the guardian of Ms. Tiffany Hwang? She’s in the hospital right now. You are on her speed dial # 1 that’s why I called you. Can you come and visit her right now?” The caller mentioned. Indeed, the caller is from the hospital and probably a nurse.

 

Siwon didn’t think twice as he agreed to come to the hospital right away. He’s so worried that he just left Jessica alone.

 

“Jessica, I need to go. I’m sorry.” He didn’t mention any reason as he ran as fast as he can to where his car was parked.

 

As he drove his way to the hospital, he took his phone as he called someone.

 

“Donghae, can I ask you a favour?” Siwon pleaded as he waited for his answer.

 

----------------

 

Siwon got down from his car, as he entered the hospital, asking directly the nurse in charge.

 

“Can I ask where Tiffany Hwang’s room is?” He worriedly asked.

 

“Sir, its room 827.” The nurse replied instantly as he walked directly to the elevator. The elevator stopped at the 8th floor and then he got out, walking fast to the room 827. As he finally reached the room, he breathed in and out, hoping that nothing serious happened to Tiffany.

 

Siwon slowly and quietly opened the door. It was dark inside as he slowly walked to where Tiffany is lying. The only light that is opened is the light beside Tiffany. He stared at her unconscious body, checking if she’s alright. He pulled a chair beside her bed as he sat down still with his eyes on her.

 

He stared at her face as he noticed the red marks on her neck. He checked her arms and it is red in color maybe because of her allergy. She looks pitiful because of her appearance.

 

“Does it hurt?” Siwon talked to her as he places her hand on her forehead. He touches her hair down to her cheeks, caressing it. He’s so worried to death and he can’t wait for her to wake up.

 

Siwon took her hand as he held it tightly to his hand then he leaned forward to her, kissing her forehead. He stared at her still with their hand interlocked together.

 

“Please don’t make me worry.” He said sincerely as he bowed his head down, sleeping on her side and waiting for her to wake up. He hoped that as he wakes up later, he can see her sweet smile again.

 

-----------------

 

As Jessica stood outside the amusement park without doing anything, she finally decided to go home. She isn’t angry to him because she knew that it is something important and urgent. She started to walk away but a hand pulled her wrist.

 

She was surprised but as soon as she realized that it is someone she knew, she relaxed staring at the person holding her wrist.

 

“Jessica-ssi.”

 

“Donghae-ssi.” Jessica replied as she felt shy with his presence.

 

“Siwon asked me to bring you back home, if it’s okay with you. Something important came that’s why Siwon left you here. He said he’s sorry.” Donghae explained clearly as he can’t look straight to her eyes. Donghae let go of her hand as he places his hands on his pockets.

 

“It’s alright. But how about the ticket he bought?” Jessica asked as she smiled to him. Without her knowing, Donghae’s heart melted because of her smile.

 

“It’s okay, you can come back here with him anytime.”

 

“But I want to go there today.” Jessica reasoned out as she pouted her lips while looking at the amusement park.

 

“But Siwon can’t come.”

 

“How about you? Can you accompany me?” Jessica pleaded as she smiled happily thinking of that idea.

 

They aren’t the usual Donghae and Jessica who used to be enemies. As Donghae realized that he likes Jessica, he changed. He treated her like how he treated women.

 

At first, Donghae wanted to decline but Jessica pulled her and leaves him no choice. They both went inside, still Jessica pulling Donghae to any ride she wants to ride. Donghae can’t help but to smile at her silliness.

 

They had fun every second and every minute that they are together. They rode the space shuttle that made Jessica so scared but the thing she doesn’t know that Donghae will always protect her.

 

Both of them entered the horror house, of course, Donghae showed no signs of being scared but deep inside he’s so scared but he doesn’t want Jessica to see that side of him. Jessica’s screams filled the whole horror house. And finally they came out alive from the horror house. They both laughed to each other as they remembered what happened inside.

 

It’s already 10 o’clock in the evening and they decided to ride the last ride for this day, the ferris wheel. As they took their seat, the ferris wheel started to go round. They both waited to reach the highest part because in there you can see the beauty of Seoul. It’s so romantic to be up there.

 

It finally stopped at the highest part.

 

“Wow!” Jessica said excitedly as she looks all over the city.

 

“Are you disappointed because I’m here instead of Siwon?” Donghae asked straight forwardly as he stares at her intently.

 

“Why are you asking?” Jessica didn’t answer his question and just asked him.

 

“Because…” Donghae stopped as he thinks of a good answer.

 

“Why? Are you disappointed because I took your time and because of me you didn’t have your time with your girls?” Jessica asked with a giggle at the end.

 

“What? I don’t have any girls.” Donghae reasoned out defensively. “You don’t have to be so defensive, I’m just asking.” Jessica followed by a giggle.

 

“Then, are you really decided to marry Siwon?” Donghae again asked question that relates Siwon.

 

“Why would a guy like you ask that question to me?” Jessica replied with a serious tone. She doesn’t want Donghae to ask her those questions about Siwon. She doesn’t want to think Siwon because she’s with Donghae right now.

 

“It’s just…” He started. “I’m curious.” He reasoned out as he gulped nervously.

 

“Why? Do you like me?” Jessica suddenly asked her the question he didn’t even expect.

 

Donghae’s eyes widen as he stared at her serious face. He can’t say the truth yet. He’s not yet ready to get hurt.

 

“I don’t like you.” He said without any mistake.

 

“Then, do you like Siwon?” Jessica backed at him as she laughs loudly. 

 

“What?!” Donghae half shouted as he started to think of a good excuse. “Siwon is a guy and I’m a guy so it’s impossible for me to like him.” He said.

 

Jessica didn’t reply as she started laughing but Donghae can clearly see a sad smile on her face.

 

---------------

 

Their last ride ended as they both went out the amusement park.

 

“Shall we go?” Donghae suggested.

 

“Can we walk?” Jessica suggested. “Walk? Are you sure?” He asked her again, quite surprised with her suggestion.

 

“Yup.” Jessica grinned as she started walking and Donghae just followed her.

 

As they both walk to Jessica’s house, silence ate the whole place. No one attempted to talk or even made a sound but then Jessica suddenly felt cold.

 

“It’s cold.” Jessica muttered as she shivered because of the cold air. Donghae who is now wearing a jacket, has no choice but to lend it to Jessica, still, he’s a man and he needs to be a gentleman.

 

He removes her jacket as they walk and handed it to Jessica. “Here.”

 

Jessica didn’t expect that Donghae will lend his jacket to her but she still accepted it as she wore it. She put on the hood but as they walk, she noticed that the jacket is quite familiar to her. She observed it first and tries to remember where she saw this jacket. She started smelling his sweet scent as she can’t help but to smile.

 

They are coming nearer to Jessica’s house as Jessica finally remembered the jacket. She saw it to the guy in the fireworks show and she’s sure that it’s the same. Then she smiled at the thought that Donghae is there with them while watching the fireworks so to confirm it, she asked him personally.

 

“Did you watch the fireworks show last week?”

 

“Wh-what?” Donghae replied while stuttering. Of course, he watched and there he witnessed the heartbreaking scene in his life.

 

“No.” He lied as he looked straight.

 

They finally stopped in front of her house.

 

“Goodbye.” Donghae waved his hand coldly as he turned around planning to leave already but Jessica halted him.

 

“Wait.”

 

He slowly turned around but before he can totally face her, a hug welcomed him. Donghae stopped from where he was as his eyes went wide. He didn’t know what to do, as she felt Sica’s body on him. He can’t believe that Sica is hugging him and he doesn’t even know why. His heartbeat started to jump faster and faster. He wanted to hug her also but his mind isn’t functioning well as he froze like an ice.

 

They stayed like that for 5 minutes as Sica finally broke the silence.

 

“Thank you for coming with me. It means a lot to me even if you don’t like me and I’m sure you hate me but I just want to thank you.” Jessica said shyly as her grip tightens. Donghae can’t help but to grin like he won to a lottery.

 

“Why are you hugging me?” Donghae suddenly asked out of nowhere that made Sica embarrassed because of what she did so she remove her hands on his body and distance herself to him.

 

“It’s…”

 

“Then why did stop hugging me?” Donghae asked again with a teasing tone.

 

“I… because…” Jessica can’t think of any excuse. Isn’t it still obvious that Jessica also like Donghae but Donghae acted like dumb so that Jessica can make it clear to him.

 

Donghae smiled at her as he lifted his foot forward to her. As the distance was shortened, Donghae leaned forward to him, looking at her face intently. Jessica was shocked as their faces were only centimetres apart. Now it’s her heart turns to beat abnormally.

 

Jessica didn’t speak anymore as Donghae pulled her for a hug. Jessica didn’t hesitate as she hugged Donghae back. For them, it felt comfortable hugging the person you love because you know that they are always there to protect you and love you.

 

“It made me happy, Jessica.” Donghae muttered lowly as he tightens his grip. He just wants to stay like this even if it’s the end of the world.

 

Undeclared lovethey had but still even without saying anything, they can feel their love for one another.

 

Love is not always said but it must be felt.

 

---------------------

A/N: Sorry guys, no Sifany moments in this chapter but I promise in the next chapter, it will be Sifany. :) Enjoy this chapter. By the way, Kyuhyun is the new character here. Please comment and subscribe. :)