Chapter 13 - Confused

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 13 - Confused

 

"Yah! What happened to you? You look like a zombie." Ryeowook commented on Tiffany's appearance. Right. She looked like a zombie because of those blacks marks under her eyes.

 

"A sad zombie." Tiffany murmured as she put down her head on her desk. She didn't have a good sleep last night because of an unknown reason and her energy was so drained up to her last energy.

 

"Fany-ah, didn't you sleep well last night? What's wrong with you?" Ryeowook continued but with worry on his voice.

 

"I also don't know what's wrong with me." She replied as she massages her temples.

 

"Maybe someone was waiting for a text message last night but then she didn't receive any and she decided to wait until morning and up to now, there is still no reply, right Tiffany?" A new voice coming from the door suddenly said.

 

Tiffany straightened her body as if she saw a ghost. "H-how... What did you say?" Fany stuttered her words as she realized that everything she heard was exactly the reason why she didn't sleep for the whole night.

 

"Yah! Fany-ah, I'm right, huh?" The voice came close.

 

"Sunny! It's not what you think." She protested as a woman whose height is shorter than Fany, stood in front of her with a stack of folders on her arms.

 

"Oops. Too late, Fany. I already caught you." She giggled as she places down the folders into Tiffany's desk.

 

"Is that really the reason, Tiffany? What a lame reason." Ryeowook butted in as he can't believe that a small thing like that will affect her sleep like that.

 

"Ani. Ryeowook, don't believe what Sunny said. She's just guessing." She reason out as she cover her eye bags using her palms.

 

"And my guess is absolutely right." Sunny again. "By the way, team manager told me to let you finish this all by weekend.”Ryeowook laughed at the background as he types something on his laptop.

 

Tiffany didn't talk back anymore as she knew that she can't never win to Sunny when it comes to arguments like that. She admits that Sunny is really good in guessing what's happening to her and because Sunny is also experienced in those kind of situations.

 

Tiffany sat down on her chair as she sighed heavily. She's so sleepy and it's absolutely because of Siwon, not replying to her last night. A simple goodnight is enough for her to sleep peacefully but still she just waited for nothing.

 

"Let's eat!" Sunny suddenly blurted out as Fany realized that it's already 12 in the afternoon and her stomach is already waiting for a delicious food to come.

 

--------------

 

'What should I order?' Tiffany thought as she scans the food available while standing in the line after Sunny and Ryeowook. They decided to eat at Mcdonalds that is just few blocks away from their office.

 

As Ryeowook and Sunny finally finished ordering their food, they left Tiffany who is finally in front of the cashier as they took their seat on the nearby table.

 

"1 pc. chicken with regular coke and large fries." She ordered politely as she waited the clerk to punch in her orders.

 

"Oh. Hi."

 

Her ears perked up as she heard a very familiar voice on her left side. As her gaze shifted to whoever it is, her eyes suddenly popped out as she can't believe of who's in front of her. She blinked a couple of times, maybe testing if everything is true but as she blinked, the person on her left side never left. Fany stared at the person in front of him as she felt her heart melting because of the smile of that person.

 

Tiffany started mumbling a couple of words to herself as she look away. "Fany-ah, stop thinking about him... stop thinking about him."

 

The person beside him suddenly chuckled at her actions. Tiffany diverted her gaze again to the person who's bothering her mind since last night. "Babo, babo." She mumbled to herself as she realized that the person beside her heard what she said.

 

"A-are you really S-siwon?" She asked out of nowhere as the person gave her a slight smirk.

 

"Tiffany-ssi, it's me Siwon. Are you okay?" He sounded not really worried as he suppress his laugh.

 

Tiffany bit her lip as she still can't believe of what's happening. Why didn't she notice Siwon? He's was just on the next line but still she didn't see him.

 

"Ma'am, your payment." The clerk distracted her thoughts as she hurriedly handed the payment but still distracted by Siwon's presence. She took her tray as she peeks at him but as she tries to peek, Siwon caught her. Siwon laughed a bit as he found Tiffany cute because of her weird actions.

 

Then Fany hurriedly made her way to where Sunny and Ryeowook were sitting. She took a seat as she breathed heavily as if she ran a kilometer.

 

"Fany-ah, you look like you had seen a ghost." Ryeowook muttered as both Sunny and him laughed at Fany's expression.

 

"Wookie, can I borrow your sunglasses?" Tiffany pleaded as she pointed on his sunglasses that is on the table.

 

"What?" Ryeowook didn't hear her clearly as Fany took his sunglasses, hastily wearing it even if they are inside a fast food restaurant.

 

"What do you call that style, eh?" Sunny joked as she found Fany's action totally weird.

 

"Shhh!" Tiffany raised her index finger in front of her lips. "Just eat." Both of her friend looked at her puzzled.

 

'What is she trying to do?' Ryeowook thought as he took a bite of his French fries.

 

"Siwon-ah!" One of Siwon's co-worker called him to take a seat beside him. Siwon didn't notice that their table is just beside Tiffany's.

 

"Siwon? It sounds familiar." Ryeowook scratches his head as he tries to remember where he heard that name before. "I think I heard that name before." Sunny joined in as they both trying to remember.

 

"Let's just eat, okay?" Tiffany started as she intentionally face her back to Siwon so that she can somewhat hide. When she remembered what happened in the cashier earlier, she can't help but to feel embarrass.

 

"Ah! He's the heir of Choi's Clothing!" Ryeowook suddenly blurted out loudly that even Siwon and his co-workers heard him very clearly. Siwon diverted his attention to Ryeowook who is faking a smile to him. Ryeowook didn't know that his voice is that loud.

 

"Haha. Sorry." Ryeowook apologized.

 

Siwon didn't mind him really but a girl caught his attention. He knows that it is Tiffany but he noticed that she's somewhat hiding to him.

 

"Tiffany-ssi." He called out her name, confirming if it was really her. Tiffany gulped as she faces him with a shy greeting.

 

"Hi." She greeted hastily as she turned around to face Sunny and Ryeowook. As I said before, Sunny really knows Tiffany as she felt that Siwon is the reason why Tiffany is acting really weird right now and maybe the reason why she didn't sleep well last night.

 

'And the only way to confirm it is to...' Sunny thought evilly as she beamed an evil smirk to Tiffany.

 

"Tiffany! What happened to you? Why do you have those eye bags under your eyes?" Sunny muttered sarcastically as Fany pleaded for her to stop. "Sunny-ah, stop it."

 

But Sunny didn't stop as she continues to speak in louder tone so that Siwon can hear everything clearly. "Maybe you have an insomnia or maybe you waited for someone's reply but you end up getting nothing. Ow, poor Fany, I wish I was the one you texted last night so that you will not wait for that long and so that you can have a good sleep."

 

Ryeowook stare at Sunny with a puzzled look. He can't understand anything she said. 'Why is she saying this again?' Ryeowook thought.

 

Siwon's ears perked up as he heard what Sunny said. Somewhat, he felt that he is the one Sunny is talking about. He didn't say any word as he started to think that maybe that someone is him.

 

Tiffany bowed her head down. How can Sunny blurt out everything? What could Siwon think of her? She didn't know what to do as she felt her mood became ruined.

 

Sunny felt that Tiffany became cold and she admits that it's her fault but what can she do, she doesn't want to waste the sacrifices of Tiffany last night.

 

"Fany-ah, I'm sorry..."

 

Tiffany shook her head. "It's alright..." She pretended that everything's alright.

 

Without any goodbye, Siwon and his co-workers started to left the place. Tiffany is not in the mood to look at him as she felt really embarrassed of everything.

 

"Fany-ah, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you. I just want him to know that you really waited for his reply last night." Sunny reasoned out as she held Fany's hand.

 

"Who said that I waited for his reply? Who said that it was Siwon?" She asked a bit angry as she stood up. "Let's go. It's already 1:20 pm." She mumbled as the 2 midgets followed her with a worried face. This is the first time for them to see an angry Tiffany.

 

"Yah! It's your fault! You should just kept your mouth shut." Ryeowook blamed Sunny as she just nodded annoyed. "Right. It's always my fault." Sunny pouted as the three of them went outside Mcdonalds.

 

To their surprise someone is waiting outside.

 

"Tiffany-ssi."

 

The three heads of the midgets stare who it was. Sunny let out a victory smile and stared at Ryeowook proudly. "See."

 

Ryeowook rolled his eyes, uninterested of what's happening.

 

"Siwon-ssi, didn't y-you leave yet?" Fany asked nervously as she bit her lip.

 

Sunny cleared . "Wookie! We should go back. We need to finish something. Fany-ah, we will head back first." Sunny said as she suppress her smile.

 

"But--" Wook protested but was cut off by Sunny when she started pulling him away from them. "No buts! They should talk." Sunny whispered to Wookie who just followed what she's saying.

 

As the 2 midgets finally left, Tiffany diverted her gaze to the manly guy in front of him as she removed her sunglasses that truly belongs to Ryeowook. "Waeyo?"

 

"Ice cream?" Siwon asked nervously as he scratches his head.

 

----------------

 

"Aiyo~ When can I meet my soul mate?" Sunny asked to Ryeowook as they walk back to their office.

 

"Ms. Lee, you can't find your soul mate because whoever he is, he will not stand your stubbornness." Wookie teased Sunny as she glared angrily to him.

 

Ryeowook laughed at her expression. "I'm just joking. What I mean is, you will not really find your soul mate because if he's really your soul mate, fate will let the both of you meet." Wookie explained as if he knew everything.

 

"Pfffft." Sunny pouted as she saw a wallet on the floor. She immediately took it as she looks around to find the owner. But there are many people and she is not sure who is the owner of the wallet.

 

"Wookie, look at this." Sunny called Wook to show what she got. "Whose wallet is that?" Wookie asked curiously. "Yah! Are you really desperate to have money?" He accused her jokingly as she slaps his shoulder.

 

"Yah, I'm not that kind person. I just saw this on the ground and I'm just kind to pick this wallet." Sunny protested as she open the wallet, revealing a picture of a guy.

 

"Who could this be?"

 

"Wait. I think I saw him somewhere." Wookie said as he started to remember who it was.

 

---------------

 

Tiffany and Siwon were sitting at the bench outside the ice cream store as they eat their own ice cream.

 

"How was your sleep last night?" Siwon asked as he stopped his ice cream. Tiffany also stopped eating as she gulped deeply.

 

"Well... I didn't sleep that well but I can still manage." She replied hesitantly. She doesn't want Siwon to know that she even sacrifice her sleep just for a short reply from him.

 

An O shape was formed in Siwon's lips as he nodded his head. "Good then. But..."

 

"But?"

 

"Those eye bags under your eyes keep telling me that you didn't get any sleep and it looks horrible." Siwon started as he eyed Tiffany's face with worry.

 

"W-what?" Fany choked a bit. How can he say the Fany looks horrible?

 

"I mean..."

 

Tiffany stood up as she reached her temper. "So you asked me to have an ice cream just to say this?" She asked annoyed of his comment. Siwon didn't utter any word, he felt sorry towards her but he can't say what he really wants to say.

 

Fany breathed out heavily as she stomped her feet away from him, going back to her office. "I just wasted my time." She mumbled lowly but he heard it clearly.

 

'How can he say that I look horrible?' She thought angrily.

 

As Tiffany walked not too far from the ice cream shop, she received a text message. She opened it, not reading who sent it.

 

I'm sorry about what I have said that you look horrible... I'm just worried about you and your health. I'm not sure if I'm the reason why you didn't get to sleep last night, but I just want to say I'm sorry. Just take care of yourself and sleep a lot. I don't want to see you like that again. And if youre not mad anymore, can you look at me again and give me a smile.

 

Tiffany bit his lip as her smile slowly comes. Those words are just too sweet for her. Even if it's just a text message, it already means a lot to her. So she hesitantly turned around with a combination of nervousness and excitement as she smiles at him, beaming her infamous eye smile.

 

Her smile made Siwon happy as he beamed a smile on her too. Even if they are far from each other, they can still each other's smiling faces. It's like the time went slow as they didn't notice every passersby who stare at them.

 

And that smile still made Siwon's heart skip a beat.

 

------------------

 

2nd date - Yoona

 

"Amen!" The priest ended the mass as the people clapped their hands. Slowly, everybody went out as they stay seated on their seats.

 

Finally, as the church became empty, Yoona stood up. "Let's go." She said enthusiastically.

 

They both went outside the church as they decided to eat hotdogs. Siwon was the one who bought the hotdogs while Yoona is currently buying some refreshments.

 

"2 pepsi please." Yoona gladly handed the payment as she walk back to their table but suddenly she bumped into someone. She didn't notice that the pepsi slipped from her hand.

 

"Ah!" Yoona screamed surprisedly as she saw the pepsi on the person's shirt in front of her.

 

"Yah!" The guy shouted at her angrily as he looked at his wet clothes. "What have you done?!? What a bad luck! I never thought that a clumsy woman like you will spill her pepsi on my shirt." He mumbled angrily.

 

"Yah! Clumsy woman?!? You're the one who's not looking carefully. Ha!" Yoona glared at the guy in front of him as they exchange harsh words to each other. Many passersby are watching their fight as Siwon approached Yoona worriedly.

 

"Yoona. What happened?" Siwon asked worriedly.

 

"I'm okay." She responded bit calmly.

 

"How about me? Do I look okay? I still need to attend my class!" The guy protested.

 

"Ha! Class? Are you kidding me? Look at yourself, you don't look like a student." Yoona backed at him. 'How dare this guy fool me?' She thought bitterly.

 

"Ya! Ms. Clumsy, you didn't even know anything about me so just think of a way to clean my clothes."

 

Siwon cleared his throat as he interrupted their firing conversation. "Excuse me, can you wait for a while. I will buy the same clothes you're wearing."

 

"Siwon! Don't fall to his trap. He just wants to get some money from us."

 

"Can you shut up your mouth if you can't think of anything that is good? Just let your boyfriend handle this because he's not abnormal like you." The guy reasoned out.

 

"But, where can I buy that kind of clothes, you look like some kind of priest?" Siwon asked unsurely of his appearance.

 

"Correct! But I'm still practicing to be a priest and soon I can be a real priest."

 

"Please just wait here." Siwon said calmly. "Yoona please apologize to him, alright?" He continued as he walked away from them while speaking on his phone.

 

"Priest, huh?" Yoona asked annoyed.

 

"Yea. Is there any problem about that?"

 

"Aniyo. It's just that, you are not suitable to be a priest because of your bad attitude." Yoona mumbled lowly but the guy in front of him heard it clearly.

 

"Ha! Can you just apologize as what your boyfriend had just said?"

 

"I will still think about it." Yoona confidently answered as she glared at him.

 

The guy didn't answer her because it will just lead to another fight so he just controlled his anger.

 

After few minutes, Siwon came back with a new set of clothes to the guy beside Yoona. That guy took it from Siwon as he thanked him while Siwon apologize for the inconvenience that Yoona had cause.

 

"Siwon! You should not apologize to him!" Yoona started again making Siwon mad. He pulled Yoona to the car, holding on her wrist a bit tight leaving the guy alone.

 

"Can't you feel any shame? Yoona. It's clearly your fault and still you're insisting that you didn't do anything." Siwon half yelled to her making Yoona stop from talking as she stares at him surprised. It's the first time Siwon shouted at her like that and she can't believe that Siwon will be mad at her.

 

"Si-siwon... I..."

 

Siwon looked away from her as he went inside his car to start the engine. He waited for Yoona to ride. After a minute, Yoona got inside the car with her eyes looking straight and still thinking of the angry Siwon she saw earlier.

 

Siwon stopped in front of her house as Yoona immediately went out of his car without saying any goodbye. Without her knowing, she accidentally took the dirty clothes of the guy she bumped earlier. Siwon drove away with still a bit mad expression as Yoona felt sorry for her stubbornness and for her pride.

 

As Yoona went inside her house, she placed down the paper bag with the clothes on it as the maid asked her. "Ma'am, should I wash these clothes?"

 

"I don't know!" She yelled angrily as she stomped her feet as she goes inside her room, closing the door loudly.

 

--------------

 

2nd date - Jessica

 

The mass ended peacefully. Siwon is waiting for Sica as she kneels down to pray intently.

 

"What did you pray for?" Siwon instantly asked as she sat down next to him.

 

"For world peace." She replied sarcastically as they both let out a chuckle.

 

"Is this some kind of beauty pageant?" Siwon beamed a dimpled-smile on her as Sica found it cute.

 

"I prayed for everyone. My family and friends. And I prayed that someday my confused mind will not be confused anymore."

 

"Confused?"

 

"It's nothing. How about watching a movie?" Sica changed their topic as she suggested watching a movie. Siwon knew that Sica is bothered by something since their first date. He doesn't want to meddle with other's business so he didn't mind her action.

 

"That sounds good." He replied enthusiastically.

 

-----------

 

Arriving at the movie house, they both scan the movies that were available.

 

"How about 5 centimeters per second?" Sica pointed at the poster as she looked at Siwon who is currently attracted to an action movie. Siwon shifted his gaze to the movie she liked. 

 

"You really like love stories."

 

"It's heartwarming to watch love stories you know." She replied.

 

"So let's go."

 

They both went inside the movie house with their tickets and popcorn on their hands. They took their seats in the middle lane.

 

"No cameras, phone cameras and video cameras are allowed while the film is being shown."The lady announced as the movie slowly started.

 

In the first part of the movie, Sica was touched as she watched the sweetest scene in the movie. The boy travelled so far just to meet the girl he likes even if the train always stopped because of the bad weather and despite of the long wait, the girl really waited for the boy to come even if it's already midnight.

 

As the movie slowly reached the end, Sica asked a question to Siwon who is intently watching the movie.

 

"Have you ever been in love?"

 

Siwon stares at her, trying to read what's on her mind. It's kinda weird to ask about being in love while watching a movie, right?

 

"Of course. I think everyone did experience that." Siwon replied as he leaned back to his chair.

 

"How would you know if you're really in love to a certain person?" She continued throwing questions to him related to love. Siwon saw that she is really serious in asking that question.

 

"Just by catching a glimpse of that person it already makes you smile and just by looking at that person, your heartbeat started to beat furiously."

 

Jessica slightly smiled as she heard his answer.

 

---------------

 

As the movie ended, the two of them proceeded on Siwon's car. They didn't talk too much after that heart-to-heart question. He started driving off to send Jessica to her house.

 

"So what do you think about the movie?" Siwon cut of the silent atmosphere.

 

"It's fine."

 

"I personally don't like the movie because they didn't end together. I thought love stories always have happy endings but this is the first time I've watched with a bad ending." Siwon started to talk.

 

"Do couples always end together happily in real life?" Jessica questioned him again.

 

"Not everybody."

 

"For me, the movie is good because it showed the reality that even if you felt that the both of you are destined to be together, you can't be sure that until the end one or both of you will still hold on. Sometimes love is not the happiness you're finding." She muttered warmly.

 

"You're some kind of expert, eh?" Siwon joked as she let out a soft giggle.

 

"Oh. We're here."

 

Jessica didn't get down his car as she looked at him. "Can we go to the plaza?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I heard that there will be fireworks there today." Jessica pleaded with a smile.

 

-------------

 

Their date didn't end as they drove to the plaza to watch the fireworks show. They both got down from the car as they sat on one of the benches.

 

"Jessica, do you really want to get married with me?" Siwon suddenly asked as they waited for the fireworks to commence. Jessica gulped nervously thinking of the answer, the true answer. She didn't know if she likes him as a guy, as a partner. She thinks that she is comfortable with him because she has a friend who really understands her.

 

"I..."

 

"You don't have to answer."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I know that you're just forcing yourself. I can see it in your eyes. I know that you have someone else in your heart." Siwon patted her back. "Don't waste your time with me. Tell that person that you love him before its too late." He continued.

 

"I wish I can do that. I'm not yet sure about my feelings."

 

Siwon beamed a friendly smile. "I know that someday you will realize that he's the one."

 

Jessica smiled sweetly as the fireworks started. The scene was magnificent. The fireworks have different colors and different patterns. Their eyes reflected the fireworks in the sky. Everybody cheered for more.

 

"I want to watch these fireworks again with him someday." Jessica smiled as she thinks of the future.

 

As Jessica looked above the sky where the fireworks can be seen, she noticed a guy not far from her stood up from where he is sitting. Jessica felt something as she stares at the man wearing a black jacket with his hood on. She can't clearly see his face but there's a familiar feeling inside her heart. She didn't leave her eyes on him as he walked away.

 

"Sica. Sica." Siwon called her attention.

 

"I'm sorry. I think I saw someone familiar."

 

"As I was saying, surely he will love to come with you here again."

 

Jessica can't help but to smile. "Thank you for accompanying me today."

 

"No problem." Siwon winked at her causing a laugh from her.

 

---------------

 

Donghae walked away from the plaza as he got inside his car. He breathed in and out heavily. He clearly heard what Jessica said to Siwon.

 

"I want to watch these fireworks again with..."

 

"With?" Donghae asked himself as he didn't hear the last part but he's sure that she is talking about Siwon. "Of course with him. Who else?"

 

"She's really in love with him, eh? I can't believe I did all of this just for a girl." He said while laughing sarcastically. The truth is, Donghae followed them in every place they go starting from the church. He can't believe that he's really in love with Jessica.

 

"Why her?" He asked himself with a pain in his heart.

 

He opened the radio to calm his mood.

 

"One-sided love..."

                                    

He immediately turned off the radio. Its like meant for him. And even if he thinks and thinks what to do, the last thing he can come up is that it's really a one-sided love and he hates it.

 

--------------

 

A/N: Sorry sorry for the late late update. School is hell. But still thanks for the readers who are still waiting for my update :)

Guys thanks! Haha. So here's another chapter. I will promise that I will update by the weekends. PROMISE! :)

By the way, congrats to SNSD for winning the best female artist and artist of the year as well as to Suju in MAMA 2011! They deserved it. :)

Thanks for your comments and tell me if my story gets boring. :) :*