Chapter 22 – Kisses and Goodbyes

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 22 – Kisses and Goodbyes


"Hello!"

 

Sunny stood up from her seat, surprised at the person she is seeing right now. 'Am I hallucinating?' She asked herself, still not believing that Sungmin is right in front of her, smiling charmingly as always.

 

"What are you doing h-here?" Sunny asked him as if he's some kind of ghost as she gulped nervously, remembering the dinner they had that day. It really made a big impact on her. Truthfully, she loved his voice and singing ability and not to her expectation she felt something unusual when she stares at his eyes, it’s like there’s a spark between their eye contact.

 

"I'm here to get you." Sungmin said acting as the boss as he walked closer to her, cornering her with his arms.

 

"B-but I still have some work to do. Y-you can c-come back next t-time." She stuttered her words as she stared at his rounded yet shining eyes. Sungmin didn’t mind her excuse as he moved closer to her face, teasing her in the process.

 

"I already asked permission to your boss so there will be no problem." He assured her as he pulled her wrist. "Let's go." He trailed as he pulled her through the elevator.

 

As the elevator finally reached the ground floor, he pulled her using his hand on her small wrist as Sunny followed him without any choice. She has no idea where they will go and she has no courage to ask where to.

 

They both rode the car still with the deafening silence. No one dared to neither talk nor make any sound. They both felt awkward with each other but Sungmin didn't let it obvious as he acted cool. "Where are you taking me?" Sunny broke the silence as she faced Sungmin who is concentrating in driving.

 

"No need to ask because we are here." Sungmin stepped on the brake as he parked his car on the unoccupied space. Sunny travels her eyes on the said place as she saw a clear lake that really glows as if it is some kind of special place. It's really beautiful as it caught her eyes. Sungmin smiled at the sight of her smiling and amazed expression.

 

"Not planning to go down?" Sungmin muttered while smiling lightly as he got down his car as well as Sunny. Of course, this place is so magnificent and suited for dates. She didn’t waste any time as she faced the lad beside her.

 

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked again as she followed Sungmin who started walking towards the lake.

 

"Because it's beautiful here. This place calms my mind. And I want to share this place with you." He said staring at the beautiful scenery. Sunny didn't respond as she shifted her gaze on the scenery, thinking about what he said. For her, he seems to be a good person and maybe first impressions are wrong.

 

"Wanna ride a bike?" Sungmin suggested as he smiled handsomely on her. Sunny gulped deeply as she saw his smile. "I-I don't know how..." She confessed embarrassedly as she started fidgeting her nails. He chuckled at her little confession as he walked directly to the bike, pushing it towards her.

 

"Then I will ride this bike for you." Sungmin sat on the bike as he taps the metal on his front, signaling her to sit down. It's a mountain bike so it has no back seat. Sunny hesitated at first as she felt scared but still she sat down on it while biting her lips nervously. She felt the closeness of their body as she positioned herself in front of him. Suddenly she felt her cheeks started to change its color into pink. It's been a while since she felt this kind of feeling when she's with a guy.

 

"Just relax and grab that tightly." Sungmin said as he places his hands on the handles, closing the gap between them. He cracked a smile as he felt their body touching one another. Then he started stepping on the pedal, making the bike move. Sunny held the metal tightly as she felt that the bike will lose its balance anytime, forgetting the close distance between them.

 

As the bike started moving fast, she remained calm, feeling the air that touches her skin. It's a very refreshing feeling for her because it's the first time for her to ride a bike. She admits that it feels really good and calming.

 

"Do you like the feeling?" Sungmin startled her as he whispered directly on her ear, sending shivers down to her spine. His warm breath, made her heart jumped abruptly as she felt nervous again but now not because of the bike but because of him, the warm feeling he is giving to her.

 

"I-I like i-it..." She responded still with her jumpy heart. "Let's stop." She ordered as Sungmin stopped the bike, worried about her sudden change of mood.

 

"Is something wrong?" Sungmin asked questionably as she got down from the bike, straightening the creases on her shirt.

 

"It's nothing. Let's take a rest first." Sunny lied as she successfully escaped from the torture that Sungmin is giving her. Sunny walked towards the lake without saying any word as he trailed his eyes on her. He stared at her, thinking about the possible reason why her mood changed just like that but before he can think of it, he saw her tripped over a rock as he run hastily towards her, hoping to catch her.

 

And in just a blink of an eye, Sungmin luckily caught her in his arms as he held her tightly, holding on her little waist, looking intently on her rounded eyes. They didn't make any move as they stayed just like that still having their intense eye contact. Their faces were too close as he felt an urge to kiss her pouty lips. He gulped at the temptation he felt as he slowly leaned in to her, hoping that she will accept and welcome his kiss.

 

As Sunny noticed that his face is coming closer on her face, the first move she thought is to close her eyes. She doesn't know why but she wanted his lips to touch hers. And in just a second, his lips landed on hers making invincible heart all over the place. That kiss changed everything between them as they both felt that this kiss is right, that it is destined to happen.

 

----------

 

Donghae came out from his bathroom as he made his way to his walk-in closet. He carefully chose the suit for this day as he chooses an all black one. Suddenly he felt like wearing an all black suit. As he came out, the first thing that caught his eyes is the paper bag with blue ribbon that is sitting on his working desk. He didn't thought of opening it but it's been 3 days and his curiosity is attacking him again. Maybe a peek won't hurt, right?

 

He strides on his desk as he took his seat on his bed taking with his hand the paper bag. He unties the ribbon as he slowly opened it, revealing a small pot. He grinned, knowing that Jessica obviously made it because it's really ugly. He took it out from the bag as he trailed his eyes on the pot, admiring it. For him, it's beautiful because Sica made it but then inscription caught his observant eyes. He started reading it on his mind.

 

"Donghae loves Jessica"

 

His smile slowly showed up as he read it. But then he started moving it, looking for another one and just right to his expectation there is another one, another inscription on the other side of the pot. He read it again on his mind but as it finally registered on his mind his smile slowly faded as he felt regret.

 

"Jessica loves Donghae"

 

Yes, she loves him but he didn't let her explain at the time. I know he's so stupid and I'm sure he knew that he's the biggest loser and the dumbest person right now. He shouldn't let his emotions ate his mind. He regretted the fact that he let the opportunity passed without him knowing that it's already there. He should call her right now to apologize and say that he really loves her but then another inscription caught his fishy eyes that is placed under the pot.

 

"Donghae and Jessica's first day together!"

 

It is visible on the writing that she struggled in writing it on the pot as Donghae read it all over again, making sure that it's really true. That day would be their first day together as a couple. That day, Jessica decides to answer him with her sweet ‘yes’ but fate didn't let her. That day, Donghae can now say to everybody that Jessica is his.

 

 He felt like crying right now. STUPID. That's the best word to describe Donghae right now. How could he say all those words to Sica without hearing her explanation? He’s the one that should understand her, that should try to understand her. And that made him realized that ‘trust’ is really important in one relationship.

 

It made up his mind as he took his phone to call her but suddenly a phone call came. He stared at the unfamiliar number as he felt nervous and worried about that call. That call gave a bad aura but still he answered it.

 

"Hello?"

 

"This is from Xavier's Hospital. Is this Mr. Lee? We looked on Ms. Jung contact number and you are--" Donghae cut her off impatiently as he yelled through the phone. Of course, he knew that something bad happen to Sica because it's a call from the hospital.

 

"Please, just tell me if she's okay!" He half-yelled still worried for her. He prayed that the caller will reply that she's alright but...

 

"Sir, she's badly hurt right no--" The nurse replied as his cell phone slipped from his hand. The fall of his phone echoed in the whole room as he stared at nowhere, trying to process the bad news he received. He felt his tears swelling up on his eyes. Why now?

 

"No... No... This is not true..."

 

---------

 

"Hyung! Hyung!" 

 

Kyuhyun sat on his Hankyung hyung's bed. "Oh. Kyuhyun, do you need anything?" His hyung replied, surprised that Kyu approached him. It's the first time for Kyu to do it and he knew that he has a problem. Hankyung is already a priest who guided people just like Kyu to choose the path with God. He knew every person here and he considered them as brothers.

 

"Hyung, did anybody quit being a priest because he had a girlfriend or he fell in love?" He asked curiously as he relates it with his situation right now.

 

Hankyung grinned to his question, knowing that Kyu is in that kind of situation. "Of course and there were many of them." He responded as he eyed Kyu's reaction. Kyuhyun gulped as he see some hope but still he's not sure what to chose, if it's Yoona or being a priest.

 

"Why? Are you experiencing that, Kyu?" Hankyung broke the ice as Kyu pretended that he's not. "No... I mean... I'm not sure." He responded feeling down as he dropped his shoulders. His mind is going to explode any minute because of Yoona. What should he do? He can't think properly because both are important for him and he doesn’t want to give up both of that thing.

 

Again, Hankyung laughed at his dongsaeng. "You know Kyu, it's nice to love, to have someone by your side when you get old." He started as Kyu looked at him puzzled.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Well, I personally want to fall in love. At that time, I wished to Him every day to fall in love but he didn't grant my wish and if I really fell in love at that time, maybe I'm not a priest today. The truth is, I envy you Kyu because you felt that kind of feeling." He said his words of wisdom as Kyu listened to him, placing every of his words in his heart. Kyuhyun didn't bother to utter any word as he walked back to his bed, covering his self with his blanket still contemplating what path to choose.

 

Falling in love is a nice feeling that you can never forget.

 

--------------

 

Ring! Ring!

 

Tiffany travel her hand on the side desk still with her eyes closed, trying to silence her loud yet annoying phone. It’s too early for someone to call and she’s really sleepy right now.

 

"Hello?" She answered lazily still on her dreamland as the caller answered.

 

"Good morning."

 

Just with that Tiffany opened her eyes, not feeling sleepy at all. Of course, it's only Siwon, the one who can make her whole world upside down.

 

"Good morning." She replied trying to act prim and proper. Then a chuckle was heard from the other line. "You're still sleeping, aren't you?" Siwon guessed it right as Tiffany answered a shy yes.

 

"I have a surprise for you." Siwon suddenly said as she felt excited for his surprise. What could be his surprise in this early morning?

 

"Open your door." He commanded as Tiff walked with her pajamas on to the door. 'What could be his surprise?' She thought as she slowly opened the door, still clueless of his surprise.

 

"Surprise!" Siwon welcomed her with his dimpled-smile as Fany stood on the door, looking at him as if she's a statue. Of course, she's surprised because of his sudden visit but still she's happy up to the limit of her happiness.

 

Siwon walked closer to her, trying to snatch a good morning kiss but Tiffany moved her head away from his. "I'm not yet brushing my teeth." She reasoned out embarrassedly as she covered his mouth with her palm. Siwon removed her hand from his mouth as he smiled at her still planning to kiss her. And in just a minute, Siwon finally snatched a good morning kiss from her. Not just a peck but a long yet sweet kiss. They both enjoyed the feeling of their lips touching one another. It made their day complete again.

 

"Still taste good." Siwon as he pulled Tiffany inside while holding a plastic bag on his other hand. Tiffany felt her cheeks started to burn as he said that. 'Still taste good.' It echoed in her mind as he stared at him shyly.

 

"For today, I will prepare our breakfast." Siwon announced as he placed down the grocery on the table. Tiffany didn't utter any word still thinking about the 'Still taste good' thing.

 

"Are you even listening?" Siwon said as he approached the bothered girl in front of him. "Why? You want me to kiss you again?" Siwon , coming closer to her again. Truthfully, she wants to kiss him again but her breath is really bothering her.

 

"I know that it doesn't really taste good." Tiffany crossed her arms while pouting her lips knowing that Siwon is only telling a lie. She’s too sensitive when it comes to this kind of things.

 

Siwon chuckled at her. 'Ah. So that's what bothering you.' He thought as he smirked still closing the gap between them.

 

"No, your lips taste really good." He as he watched her expression. Tiffany can't help but to blush as she tried to protest but Siwon locked his lips with hers. But this time, they both moved their lips in synchronized movement. Slowly, Tiffany s her little arms on his neck, pulling him closer. Siwon did the same as he encircled his arms on her small waist. Both closed their eyes, enjoying the kiss they are sharing.

 

He started tickling her sides as Tiffany smiled at their kiss. Feeling her smile on his lips, he smiled also still letting their kiss touch. Then without any warning, Tiffany bit his lower lip, making her revenge.

 

“Ouch!” He yelped surprised because of her sudden action. He stares at her, trying to understand what she just did, a new move from Tiffany that he didn’t even expect to happen.

 

She then parted their kiss as she laughed at him, chuckling at his expression. Of course, she knew that he is only teasing him so she thought of this revenge.

 

"That's what you get for telling a lie." She muttered as she walked to the kitchen still laughing her cute laugh.

 

"But it's really true!" Siwon shouted at her as he followed his master on the kitchen still with his dimpled-smile.

 

A good start for their day together.

 

-----------

 

Donghae half-run on the hospital counter as he asked where is the room of Jessica. "Where is the room of Ms. Jung?" He asked worriedly with his tears that are threatening to fall anytime.

 

"Room 345." The nurse-in-charge answered not sure because she doesn't know which Ms. Jung he is talking about.

 

Donghae left the counter without saying anything as he walked slowly to reach the room 345. His heart started to beat frantically as he slowly reaches the room. Of course, he's hoping and praying to God that Jessica is all right, that nothing critical happened to her. He doesn’t want to lose her just like that, not now that Jessica is his only world.

 

"She's all right. Jessica is all right." He tried to convince his self as he stopped in front of the door but before he can pull the door, a doctor came out with a sorrowful expression.

 

"Sorry. We did everything we can but she can't make it." The doctor declared as Donghae stared at him with his tears already on his cheeks. He's too late. Too late.

 

The doctor patted his back sadly as he walked out of the room. Donghae was left there with Jessica's body lying on the bed that is covered by a white cloth. He can clearly see her hand hanging at the side as he tried to come closer to her. He can't lift his foot as he felt lifeless looking at girl he loves who already left the world. He took a sit near her as he grabs her hand onto his.

 

"Jessica... Jessica..." He tried to call her name, hoping that Sica will answer her but of course she can't answer him. Then suddenly, he can't control his emotions anymore as he cried his heart out still holding her hand. He slowly placed it on his heart, wanting Jessica to feel his heartbeat.

 

"Jessica, can you feel it? This h-heart is only for you. Please, wake up and look at me." He begged between his sobs as he waited for an impossible thing to happen. Still, he got no response from a dead body. He can't accept it and he doesn't want to accept it. It's too sudden.

 

"Sica-ah... You know what the first time I saw you, I don't really like you. I-I th-thought that you're just like everyone, spoiled brat, rich girls who only wanted to waste money but I was wrong. You're the exact opposite of it. You're a very kind woman who changed my everything, my life." He stopped as his tears blocked the view of his eyes. He can't live without her. He just can't.

 

"I'm sorry for being stupid. Please come back and I will never hurt you again, Sica. Please... P-please. My heart can't..." He continued still holding onto her.

 

"I love you, Sica." He said it once again, hoping that it will change everything that it will let the time back.

 

But suddenly, he felt a cold wind touching his skin. He suddenly felt comfortable with it, like someone is hugging him. He closed his eyes hoping to see her smile even if it's just in his mind. Even if it's just in his mind, he wants to be with her again for the last time.

 

You can only realize the worth of the person if she’s already gone.

 

----------

 

Ring! Ring!

 

"Who could that be?" Tiffany stood up from the dining table as she took her phone from her room leaving Siwon there eating alone.  Siwon followed her with his eyes still chewing on his food.

 

"Hello?" She answered calmly but after a minute, her eyes went wide as she heard a bad news coming from the caller. She didn't know what to do as she hurriedly changed into casual clothes.

 

Siwon heard some noise coming from her room as he stood up from his seat, curious of what's happening to his girlfriend. "What's wrong?" He asked still chewing the food on his mouth.

 

"S-sica... She had an accident." Tiffany said as she made her way out of her room still worried for her best friend.

 

"Jessica? Is she alright?" Siwon choked his food as he heard that Sica is on the hospital. Of course, he's worried for her, still they are close friends. Tiffany didn't answer him as she still think of Jessica.

 

"I will come with you." Siwon followed his worried girlfriend as they made their way out of her condo unit.

 

----------

 

“So you’re quitting?” A mysterious man said to the lad in front of him. He didn’t show his self as he talked to the lad. The room is so dark and there is only one light visible.

 

“Yes. I don’t want to cooperate with you anymore. I can’t hurt her. She’s important to me.” The lad reasoned out with his hand on his pocket. He tried to act cool as if he’s not scared to the mysterious guy he is talking to.

 

The mysterious guy laughed his evil laugh that echoed on the small room. “You can quit but soon she will know that the person he considered as a very special friend is a big traitor.” He replied to the lad as the lad clenched his fist.

“I should not have accepted your offer in the first place.” The lad half-yelled.

 

The mysterious guy laughed again. “You’re really funny, aren’t you? Now, you’re blaming me for everything. It’s your choice and I’m sure that she will hate you soon.”

 

“I just want to protect her. You told me that he will not make her happy but I saw it, right in front of my eyes, how happy she is when she is with him and I know that it’s true, that they truly love one another.”

 

That made the mysterious guy reached his limit as he slammed his hand on the desk madly. “Don’t ever mention that guy in front of me!” Then he laughed again as if he’s a crazy person.

 

“Soon, she will be mine and she will realize that the love that you are talking about never existed in the first place.” The mysterious guy replied followed again by his evil laugh. The lad didn’t want to waste his time talking to a person like him as he made his way out of the room.

 

“I can’t wait to see the success of my plan.”

 

------------

A/N: Here's an update. T_T Sorry it's kinda short and for this being a sad chapter but still there is a happy scene. Haha. Thank you for the comments on my previous chapter and for the subscribers, I hope you will like my fic. Haha. It really completes my week after I update and I always look forward for this day to come. Haha. Big thanks to all! :*

Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!