Chapter 23 - Chances, Truths & Decisions

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 23 – Chances, Truths & Decisions


 

Walking through the lonely hallway is one of the saddest parts in your life especially if the person you thought that you will love forever is already gone. Shes gone. She left. Those words echoed right through his baffled mind. He left the room, the room of pain. He decided to make some decision in his life, to feel the fresh air, to at least forget the unforgettable pain that is stamped in his heart.

 

Shifting his eyes on the people with the same situation as his, he saw them crying as if they lost their own lives. He should be crying just like them but no tears can fall from his eyes. Nothing left.

 

Tiffany!

 

The voice is so familiar that he instantly shifted his gaze onto that person. He saw his best friend, Choi Siwon, walking right through another patient’s room. ‘Who could that be?’He thought as he felt something in just looking at that room, that somebody important is in there, that she’s there waiting for him, that she could be possibly alive.

 

He tried to walk to reach that room with the remaining energy he has. Reaching the room, he felt a sudden lighting that struck his head as he saw her, lying on the bed, still alive but only supported by a machine. He looked at her clearly, making sure that she’s the Jessica she knew and right, she’s her with her eyes closed, looking beautiful as always.

 

Now, he felt his tears coming again. Now, he really wanted to cry and to thank God for making a miracle. He wasted no time as he opened the door, walking straight to her, not even noticing the people around him. He can’t see anyone but only her.

 

“Jessica…”He called out her name once again, confirming if this is real and not just a dream. He slowly travels his hand on her face, touching every part of it, touching from her forehead up to her pale lips. His tears really came out of the shell as he knew that everything is real, that he has hope to see her smile again.

 

“Jessica…”

 

Now, taking her hand onto his, he knelt down as his legs gave up. He started crying out her name repeatedly, not minding the people around him. “Jessica…Jessica…”He muttered between his sobs. He cried, releasing the pain that she caused.

 

“Donghae-ya…”Siwon knelt down with him as he placed his hand on his back, comforting him. Tiffany and Siwon can feel how Donghae love Jessica and they are thankful that someone like him loves her.

 

Tiffany on the other side, started to cry with him, feeling the emotions that Donghae is showing. She really wants Jessica to wake up soon because she’s really an important friend for her.

 

-----------

 

The three of them stayed with her until 10:00 in the evening then Donghae volunteered to stay with Sica until the morning so that the two of them can rest home. At first, Tiffany didn’t let him because she also wants to accompany her best friend but Siwon protested, knowing that Tiffany is already tired. In the end, Tiffany agreed and she promised Sica that she will come back early in the morning.

 

Regarding her parents, Tiffany already informed Mr. and Mrs. Jung about Jessica and they will fly back to Korea next week.

 

Siwon brought her home as they both stayed in the car still thinking of the sudden accident of Jessica.

 

“Tiffany, don’t worry. Jessica is a strong girl, I know that she will wake up soon.”Siwon encouraged her as he pulled her for a comforting hug. Tiffany started to tear up. She doesn’t want to see Jessica like that, it pains her heart.

 

“I hope too.”Tiffany replied as she embraced him tightly. He is only the person who can comfort her right now, without Sica by her side. Parting their hug, Tiffany tried to smile cheerfully. “We will come back there tomorrow morning, alright?”She make sure as he nodded while patting her head.

 

“Jessica is lucky to have a best friend like you. She will be happy.”

 

She starts to smile again as she nodde her head. “Goodnight, oppa.”She bid her goodbye as she planted a small peck on his cheek as a goodbye kiss.

 

------------

 

Knock! Knock!

 

A loud thud on her condo unit echoed the whole room as she raised her eyebrows, wondering who it could be. She checked her watch if she saw it clearly that it's already in the evening and yes it's already late for someone to visit her at this time. But leaving no choice, she stood up from the couch lazily as she slowly turned the knob, revealing the person behind it.

 

"Annyeong!" A very charming yet cute smile greeting welcomed her sleepy face as her eyes slowly went wide, surprised because of his presence.

 

"W-what a-are you doing h-h-here?" She stuttered her words, eating her words at the same time. Sungmin laughed at her expression as he places her hands on her shoulders.

 

"Skating. Let's go skating."

 

"W-what?" Sunny asked again, making sure that she heard right.

 

"Just change your clothes and I will wait for you." He responded as he pushed her inside to change her pajamas.

 

"B-but--" She tried to protest but he cut her off instantly.

 

"No buts!"

 

--------------

 

“Why do you still look beautiful even if you’re sleeping?” Donghae asked the patient in front of him who is lying on the cold bed like a dead person. He constantly talked to Sica as if she will reply to his questions. For him, it’s the only way to stop his tears from falling, it is only the way to make his heart feel at ease even if it can’t.

 

Without her respond, he slowly raises his hand as he travels it to her face, touching every part of it. It’s the first time for him to touch her silky-like skin. As he travel his hand on her sleeping face, a tear came right through his eye as it drop on her pale cheeks. He can’t hold it anymore, the pain that strikes through the deepest part of his heart, the pain to see her lying on this cold bed without any assurance if she will wake up or will never wake up.

 

He withdrew his hand as he bit his trembling lips. “Please… Please…” That’s all he can say repeatedly, hoping that it will help her recover.

 

“If you will just wake up, I will never hurt you again, Jessica. I promise that I will really take care of you and if you want, I will never bother you again, I will leave if you can just wake up. I will do anything for you…”

 

As he said those words, a shadow covers the light coming from the door. Donghae who is still crying didn’t notice that someone is standing behind him.

 

“He really loves her… that much…”The guy muttered to himself as he stares at the fragile girl in front of him. “You can’t do what he can do, Heechul-ah. You can’t…” Heechul talked to himself as he started crying softly at the sight of Jessica and Donghae.

 

“Jessica, please wake up soon because this guy in front of me can’t live without you…” Heechul half smiled. He said it hoping that Jessica will hear those words, that’s the only thing that he can do now, to start forgetting the feeling he have for Jessica because he knew that Donghae only deserves her love.

 

-----------

 

“Why did you bring me here all of a sudden?” Sunny asked the stubborn guy beside her, as they both stared at the ice skating rink.

 

“I just want to.” Sungmin replied as she faced her, looking directly through her small eyes. Without further ado, he pulled her hand as they walk to the counter to get their skates. Sungmin as a gentleman, initiated to put the skates on her small feet. While he is fixing everything, Sunny stared at his face, looking at every corner, appreciating his kindness. It’s her first time to stare to him as close as this and for her, everything felt right.

 

As Sungmin lifts his head up, his eyes met hers as they made an eye contact with their faces stay unexpectedly close. Sunny gulped as she waited for him to move but Sungmin didn’t plan to move his face away from her. Before she can open , he chuckled as he stood up still holding her hand.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

She just followed him as she held his hand tightly. As they arrived at the rink, Sungmin started to skate freely, leaving her on the side. Sunny who felt alone, strides her feet as she decided to show off her talent in skating. She skates hastily as she was on his back, she pushed him strongly as he fell down on the cold ice.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“What was that for?” Sungmin looked at her angrily as Sunny stuck her tongue out. She started skating around the rink as if telling him to chase her around and that made him challenged as he tried to balance his self up, striding the skates.

 

“You will regret what you did to me.”

 

He started following the little lady as he purposely tripped her but he didn’t let her fall on the cold ground but on him. As if the whole world stopped as their faces stayed closer with one another, staring intently in each other’s eyes.

 

“So you’ve learned your lesson?”He stated as he smiled at her scared expression. Sunny didn’t let a word slip from as she nodded her head still with her trembling body and fast heartbeat. Always, he always makes her like this as if she really felt something for him but does she felt something for him already?

 

“I…I need to stand up.”She muttered as she tried to balance herself up but he didn’t let her as he wrap his firm arms on her, not wanting to let her go. “I want to stay like this.”He ordered now with his serious voice as he yet again captured her heart. She felt her cheeks started to burn as she stared dumbfounded on the lad under her.

 

“But…you might get sick. It’s cold.”Sunny mentioned worriedly as she saw his back, touching the cold ice floor.

 

“That’s why you’re here to make me warm.”He responded yet again seriously as he aimed to make her admit her feelings for him. ‘There’s no turning back, Sungmin.’He said to his self as he felt somewhat guilty because of his plan. He felt that he should not do this anymore and take this plan to a serious matter.

 

“Sunny-ah. I like you…I really like you.”Sungmin confessed again, hoping that this time, she will answer him with the same ‘I like you’words.

 

“Sungmin-ssi, I…”She stuttered her words, contemplating if she will say the truth that she already fell for him but still she’s afraid, afraid to get hurt if she will let her heart fall in love again.

 

“You don’t need to answer me right now. I can wait.”Sungmin cut her words as he assisted her to stand up. As they were both finally on their feet, he helped Sunny to dust off the dirt from her trench coat as he slowly removes his coat, lending it to her small body. She felt something unusual as she felt his touch.

 

“Thank you.”She thanked him, now showing her cute yet sincere smile.

 

Sungmin didn’t utter any word as he held tightly on her hand. They both skate around the rink as their laugh echoed around the place.

 

New feelings, a feeling of being in love, but will this feeling last long?

 

-------------

 

4th date Tiffany

 

Looking at the watch became her habit all of a sudden as she felt nervous for their last date, nervous in the way that, this date will tell if Siwon will really choose her as his bride to be. But still, Jessica’s accident can’t make her mind feel at ease. She felt that she has no right to have a date with Siwon if Jessica is in that state.

 

Suddenly, she felt her phone vibrating as she instantly took it, reading the content of the message.

 

To: Tiffany

From: Siwon

 

Fany, lets meet at the Namsan tower. I will wait for you there.

 

She felt happy all of sudden by just reading his text message for her. The excitement in her heart is already killing her as she stood up with her car keys. Even if they just met last night, she can’t help herself to miss the guy that makes her world like this.

 

Arriving at the destination, Tiffany got down from her car with her handbag hanging on her little arm. She made her way up the tower and as she finally steps in her foot, she saw nothing, no one. She checked the time again and it’s already 7:00 pm but she decided to just wait for him, maybe he is already on his way.

 

------------

 

Siwon concentrates his eyes on the dark road as he also repeatedly checked the time if he’s already late but suddenly a car blocked his way. He suddenly felt pissed because of the car that is blocking the way, he still need to meet Tiffany. He honked at the car but still the car won’t leave so he decided to go down and talk to the person responsible.

 

As soon as he got down from his car, 5 men got down from the other car. Those men looked like some kind of gangster as they slowly walked towards Siwon while stretching their fists as if they are preparing for a fight.

 

“Excuse m—”A punch welcomes his face as he fell down on the ground. He touched the side of his lips as he saw blood coming from his mouth. He’s a guy who never leave when he knew that he didn’t do anything wrong. He stood up as he stretched his arms while spitting the blood from his mouth. He glared at those well-build men as he ran towards them, punching one of them, right to his jaw.

 

And that started their intense fight. Obviously, Siwon will lose because it’s 1 VS 5 battle. He tried to punch again but a bat hits his back making him lost his consciousness. He fell down on the ground as they took him on their car, leaving his car on the road.

 

------------

 

For the first time in his life, opening his lids became very stressful as he felt his body aching because of pain. He felt that his body is tied down strongly as tried to move but he felt that his body is trapped.

 

“Finally you’re awake.”

 

A voice startled his ears as he opened his eyes with his remaining energy. He stared at the guy but he can’t clearly see his face because there is no light where the guy is standing.

 

“Does it hurt?”

 

He felt insulted with his words as the guy started laughing his evil laugh. “I waited for this day to come and I never knew that today will be that day. Long time no see, Siwon-ah.”The guy muttered as if they knew each other for a long time. He can’t remember anyone who possesses that voice as he looked at his watch, remembering Tiffany.

 

“Why don’t you greet me, Siwon-ah? Are you worried that Tiffany might be waiting there for you, in that cold weather?”He muttered again, making Siwon really angry. Siwon doesn’t have time to play his games. It’s already 9:00 in the evening and he can’t let Tiffany wait for him. He knew her really well and she will really wait for him no matter what.

 

“Who are you? Why are you doing this?”Siwon asked him, seeking for the answers immediately as he glared at the guy while trying to remove the rope that is enveloping his body.

 

A laugh echoed the whole room as the guy started to talk again. “Impatient, aren’t we? You will know me soon but for now, let us make your beloved girl wait for nothing.”

 

“Yah!”Siwon shouted at him trying to escape the trap that he is in. “Don’t ever touch Tiffany or else…”Siwon stopped his words, thinking that he can’t do anything right now because he is trapped in this place.

 

“Or else what? You will kill me?”The guy laughed again. “You know that you can’t kill me.”

 

“Maybe you should ask first, why are you here?”The guy started with his deep yet serious voice.

 

“W-why?”He has no choice but to ask as he felt something unusual.

 

“Do you want to know why Tiffany left that day?”He added some oil to the fire as the guy took his seat still with the lights off. “It’s because of you, Siwon. It’s your entire fault.”

 

Siwon doesn’t want to believe his words instantly as he stayed calm, trying to control the anger that is lingering on his heart.

 

“Their company went bankrupt because of your father, because of the greediness of your father, Siwon. Tiffany had to suffer the consequence by herself because of you!”The guy this time can’t control his anger anymore as he slams his hand on the table making Siwon startled.

 

Siwon can’t understand his words. Slowly, he felt that the mystery is being solve, that the truth is being slowly revealed.

 

“She decided to marry someone she doesn’t even love. She wasted her life there and you’re here, thinking that she betrayed you but you’re the one who made her leave and suffer. She didn’t tell you this because she knew that you will not understand her because you’re a useless person! Useless!”

 

“Don’t make up your own story!”Siwon felt insulted. For his knowing, his father is not like that, that his father is not what he is describing about.

 

“But you know, I think heaven’s is on her side because her fiancédecided to call of their wedding. And now that she’s back, she’s hoping that you will forgive her without her knowing that it’s your fault, that you should be the one seeking her forgiveness. I’ve been watching the two of you since she left and I can’t take it anymore, now I will not let you have her.”

 

Siwon felt speechless hearing the reason why she left. ‘It’s my fault.’It repeatedly said it to his self, still processing the situation.

 

“Why can’t you speak? Are you afraid that when she found out that you’re father is the cause of everything, she will leave you again?”The guy chuckled evilly again. “Her father didn’t know that it’s your father’s doing because your heartless father used another company to make their company bankrupt. And for her, marrying a rich man is the only way to save her family and she didn’t want to hurt you so she made up stories just for you to forget about her. I shouldn’t have let you take her away from me that day.”

 

“And now I’ve decided to tell her the truth, to wake her up from her worst nightmare.”

 

“Please…don’t tell her. Let me tell her the truth. I don’t want her to be hurt.”Siwon felt his tears slowly forming on his eyes as he finally knew that he can’t do anything to turn back the time, that when she finds out the truth, she will leave him and never come back.

 

The guy laughed again as he smirked at his pleading. “Do you think I’m a fool to let you say it?”

 

But suddenly a loud bang on the door was heard. The guy stood up looking at the guy that came from the door.

 

“I told you to stop this!”A familiar voice echoed right through his ears as Siwon shifted his eyes onto that person.

 

“Heechul…What—”

 

“Siwon, I’m sorry, I didn’t tell you.”Heechul replied as he looked back at the guy who is laughing at them.

 

“Take them!”The guy ordered angrily as strange looking guys entered the room, cornering the two of them.

 

“Siwon-ah! You need to go, Tiffany is waiting for you. I can handle this!”Heechul shouted at him as he released the rope. Siwon didn’t waste time as he made his way out of the building.

 

“Don’t let her get away!”He ordered as half of the guys followed Siwon but Heechul closed the door, blocking the way. “You still need to beat me.”Heechul smirked as he throw some punch onto them.

 

“Heechul! You will pay for this!”The guy yelled angrily as he walked towards him, deciding to punish him personally.

 

I hope I made the right decision.Heechul thought as he felt a punch on his face.

 

----------------

 

Siwon run as fast as he can, still thinking if Tiffany is still waiting for him. He felt his body slowly weakened as he run with the remaining energy he got. He needs to explain everything to Tiffany. He can’t let their relationship go to waste, not now that he wants her to be his wife.

 

Reaching the top floor, Siwon panted as he catches his breath, travelling his eyes all around the place. But then a small figure caught his eyes as he saw Tiffany sitting on the bench, still waiting for him. He felt like crying knowing that she really loves him more than anyone. He can’t feel the pain in his body as he slowly walked towards him, wanting to hug her.

 

As he stopped, looking on her back, he called out her name softly.

 

TiffanyTiffany…”

 

Tiffany slowly stood up from her seat as she faced him with her tears on her eyes. She’s been crying for hours already, thinking that Siwon will not come.

 

“I…I th-thought you will never come…”She said between her sobs as Siwon can’t help but to smile at the woman in front of him.

 

“I’m sorry…”Siwon apologized, minimizing the spaces between them. He wanted to say the truth but not know. He still wants to be with her even if only for now.

 

“You should have called me. I was so worri—”

 

A kiss made her silent as her eyes went wide because of his sudden action. Siwon’s lips didn’t left her lips as Tiffany slowly closed her eyes, responding to his kiss. Enveloping his arms on her small body, the rain started to pour down, just like every time that they are together as if it is a sign from the heaven.

 

It rains in their happy moments. It rains in their heartbreaking moment. Will it also rain in their last day together?

 

------------

 

A/N: Guys! I'm sorry for the late update. I forced myself to finish this chapter because of all your comments. I'm sorry if my story is getting kinda corny or lame, but just tell me if something is lacking, alright? Guys, did you see the pic where Donghae and Sica are holding each other's hand, well I died while looking at that very beautiful picture. I really can't believe that Donghae will do it in front of many cameras and I think there is really something between them, do you think so too? Hihihi. Thank you for the new subscribers and new comments, I really appreciate it. And I'm thinking if my readers are somewhat mindreaders because you guessed it all right on this chapter. Haha. Still thanks for the love. Enjoy?

@haeminsicastal: Sorry if I told you last time that I will update last wednesday. I really tried to update again but exams are coming so I needed to study. T_T

@tifryzelle: Yo! Thanks for all of your comments. :) I really like your comments, it made me happy. Haha. Sorry for this late update! Right, the Jessica kissing scene is so... well, I can't just imagine Donghae's reaction but still good news for Donghae's we got married, I read some article about it that they are not official couple on that show. Haha!