Chapter 29 - I Will Never Let You Go

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 29 – I Will Never Let You Go


 

“Tiffany.”Ryeowook called her attention as she walked directly to her room as if no one called her. As if she has no ears to hear.

 

“Tiffany!” Once again, he called her as Tiffany went directly to her room to rest and forget the incident that happened at Jessica and Donghae’s wedding. Yes, forget him. With that, he barged in to her room as she pulled her arm to face him.

 

“Tiffany, is everything alright?” The worry that occupies his mind didn’t leave as Tiffany started to shed tears without even saying a word. “Tiffany, tell me.” Ryeowook pleaded as he slowly wipe her tears away.

 

“I saw him.” She started between her sobs as she looked at her Oppa’s worried face. “I saw Siwon…” She revealed as Ryeowook placed down his hands, annoyed with that lad’s name. He can’t believe that Tiffany is still in love with that guy.

 

“And he said that he still loves me…” She tried to utter her words clearly as her tears flow uncontrollably. “Ryeowook oppa, I don't want leave him again. He's getting married and I can't bear it... Please talk to my father.” She pleaded as she waited for the response of the lad.

 

“No!” He yelled at her as he looked at her sharply. “Tiffany! Listen to me, you can never be with him. He’s not the guy who can make you happy.” He reasoned out as he grabs her wrist, holding it tightly. She needs to wake up from her dreams and face the reality, that she and Siwon can’t be together.

 

“No, oppa. He’s the only one who can make me happy!” She responded as she pulled her hand from his grip.

 

“What does Siwon have that I don’t have?” He asked her seriously. He has the looks, the money, and the personality and just like Siwon, he is willing to protect Tiffany at all times.

 

“Oppa.” Tiffany said, surprised because of his sudden outburst.

 

“Why can’t you love me?!? Why can’t you look at me just for once?!?” He shouted to her as he demanded for an answer.

 

“Oppa, because I can’t dictate my heart. My heart—” He cut her off as he pushed her on the wall, cornering her with his firm arms. “Oppa, what are you d-doing?” Tiffany asked him nervously as she tried to get out from his arms.

 

As Tiffany tried to push him away, Ryeowook didn’t hesitate as he kissed her lips forcefully. With that, Tiffany pushed her with all of her strength, struggling out of his arms as Ryeowook glares at her angrily. He’s not on his own self, his mind is filled with anger.

 

“Opp—” Once again, Ryeowook kissed her messily to her lips up to her neck as Tiffany tried to push him away, struggling for him to leave her. She tried to shout with all of her might because Ryeowook looks really out of control and she’s afraid that he might do something bad to her.

 

“Please stop! Stop!” She shouted to stop his insane act. With that, Ryeowook finally came back to his right senses as he moves backwards, leaving the pitiful lady on the floor.

 

Tiffany cried heavily as she looked down on the floor while embracing her shivering body. She never thought that Ryeowoook will do something like that, she thought that he can understand her but it turns out to be the opposite.

 

“Tiffany, I’m so sorry… I…” Ryeowook said with tears at the edge of his eyes as he regretted the action he did. He really didn’t mean to harass her but his anger and jealousy overcome his whole self.

 

Hatred. Jealousy. Love.Those words are meant to hurt the person you love and yourself as well.

 

“Do it! Do it! I don’t care anymore.” She yelled at him still with her crying face as she gazed at him as if he’s a very bad guy.

 

“Tiffany, I’m so sorry.” He apologized once again for his insane act as he tried to touch her but as he stared at her fragile self, he withdraw his hand as he decided to stand up and just leave. How can he do that to a precious and special woman like her?

 

He left just like that as he cried on his way to his room. He did everything for her, for all those 2 years that they were together, he expected that there will be love and a connection that is formed between the two of them but it turns out to be a one-sided love.

 

As she heard the click of the door, she started crying uncontrollably, blaming herself for all the things that are happening. "I'm tired..." This is the time when she felt that she’s alone in this world, no one with her who can comfort or make her happy and especially no Siwon who used to complete her.

 

-----------

 

After that day, Tiffany never talked to Ryeowook again. She usually ate a small amount of meal everyday and she looks weary and has no energy at times. She also gave cold treatment to her father and other friends. Broken. Yes, she's broken.

 

"Tiffany, is there a problem?" Mr. Hwang asked as he moves his wheel chair towards her daughter. With his question, she looked at her father straightly. Problem? How can she have a dumb father? The problem is him.

 

"Problem?" Tiffany stood up from her seat as watched her father. She really wants to say all of her hatred towards her father but she stopped herself from doing it because she's afraid that her father will have a sudden cardiac arrest. "There's no problem." She calmed down herself as she walked passed by him, going back to her room but then a maid blocked her way as she handed an invitation.

 

Tiffany, who looked surprised about the invitation, took it as she made her way up to her room. She can feel that this invitation is from him, invitation, probably a wedding invitation.

 

She sat on her bed lifelessly as she slowly and carefully tear the envelope. Finally opening it, she pulled the invitation out of the envelope as she saw a familiar name, very familiar.

 

"Siwon & Sooyoung"

 

Her lips parted as she travels her hands over the invitation card, feeling the embossed texture of the letters. She never thought that this kind of day will come. How she wished that the name in the invitation will be change into "Siwon & Tiffany". But that is impossible, so impossible.

 

Her tears swells up on her eyes as it drop on the card. Those teardrops on the card slowly occupy the whole card.

 

Shattered teardrops.

 

Broken hearts.

 

Wasted chances.

 

It can never turn back the time. This is reality, the present and she can't do anything to turn back anything. If only she fight for him, if only she showed how much she lived him, if only she has the chance to choose. Those if's will remain the same because everything's too late.

 

She didn't hesitate to release all the pain in her heart as she cried heavily. Burying her face in her hands, she continues to cry as if she's alone in this world. Why is it so painful to know that the person you love will never be yours? Yes, he can never be hers. Siwon is just a part of her past, her painful past.

 

Her heartbreaking cries and sobs can be heard all over her room as she bit her lip, controlling her tears. This will be the mark of everything, the mark of the end. Loving him will be the best memory in her life, his smile will be stamped her heart, the smile that made her experience the unexplainable feeling...

 

Love.

 

------------

 

After 1 year

 

"Will you marry me?" Ryeowook kneeled in front of the woman he loves as he prayed that her answer will be a yes. 'Yes. Yes.' It echoed in his mind as he watched his girl.

 

The woman can't help but to smile at his sweetness as she took the ring from the box, placing it on her finger. With that, she just smiled at him without saying any word.

 

"Is that a yes?" Ryeowook asked nervously as he stood up from kneeling, walking closer to her.

 

"Yes." She said with a amiable smile as she pinch his cheeks as if they are still toddlers.

 

"Really? Yes! Thank you Tiffany!" Ryeowook cheered happily as he hugged Tiffany tightly still shouting happily. He can't express the happiness that he can feel right now because today the woman he once admire, is finally his girl and soon to be his wife.

 

"Stop! Stop!" Tiffany suddenly said as she shook her head repeatedly, while placing her hand under her chin, thinking of something as well.

 

"What's wrong?" Ryeowook asked as he moved backwards, staring at her. 

 

"You should not hug her like that! You should smile at her cooly and then pull her for a hug sweetly then give her an unforgettable kiss." Tiffany said dreamily as she grins like a fool.

 

"Should I act cool?" Ryeowook asked as he pouts his lips while scratching the back part of his head.

 

"Of course. Your girlfriend will surely like it and instantly say yes." Tiffany advised as she placed her hand on his shoulder. "You can do it, oppa!" She encouraged him as she showed her beautiful eye smile.

 

"Still I'm nervous. But thank you for helping me." Ryeowook said as he slumped down the sofa with Tiffany by her side. "Oppa, do it before everything's too late." Tiffany said with a faint smile. It seems that the words ‘too late’ mean something to her that up to now she can't forget.

 

Hearing her say that, Ryeowook stared at her, reading her thoughts. He knew that Tiffany is still the same Tiffany he knew. She didn't change, she still love him.

 

"Tiffany..." He felt her sadness as he pull her for a hug, carressing her back. "I'm so sorry. I promise you that you will be happy." He said as if he's her big brother. Of course, his conscience is killing him up to the very edge of his bones. It's his entire fault. Everything.

 

Tiffany makes sure that she will not cry as she slaps him. "Yah! Why are you like this? Is it because you're leaving me too?" She asked pretending that she's happy. Then he parted their hug as he messily touches her hair. "I still need to make it up to you. So I will not leave you." He muttered as he stared at her like a sister.

 

After she received the wedding invitation, her life slowly turned back to its normal state. Of course if you're thinking that she attended the wedding, the answer is no. She didn't, she can't witness him getting married to somebody else.

 

Those sleepless nights, unstoppable tears made her realize that she can't do anything but to accept the truth that he's already married. She sometimes cry but not because she's still hurting but she felt happy that even if it's only for a short time, she's thankful that she had the chance to experience it, to be loved by him.

 

Also in the past, Ryeowook apologized to her sincerely and with Tiffany's understanding and good heart, she forgave him. And now they became close but Ryeowook stopped pursuing her and he tried to love somebody else and now he's practicing for how should he propose to her later with the help of Tiffany.

 

Everything went back to its normal state, even her father can finally walk without the help of anybody. Mr. Hwang also visits his doctor once a week with Tiffany to accompany him. All those hatred she felt towards her father slowly vanish as she realized that everything that her father did was for her own sake. Her father also apologized to her as she forgave him instantly. Mr. Hwang even arranged her to some blind dates with the sons of his friends. Of course, with Tiffany’s permission.

 

Tiffany sometimes attends those blind dates but the outcome remains the same, she just became friends with them, close friends and up to that only. Her father is worried because she's getting old and yet she's not yet getting married so he thought of that plan.

 

Everything's perfectly fine as if they never had a problem in the past, as if Siwon never came in their lives.

 

----------

 

Knock! Knock!

 

"Come in!" Ryeowook responded firmly as he glued his eyes on the paper works that he still needs to finish this day. After his proposal, his girlfriend accepted him as her fiancée and now they are starting to organize and prepare for the wedding.

 

"Sir, he's here in Seoul." A voice said as he instantly looked up, waiting for what he is going to say.

 

"What do you mean by he's here in Seoul?" Ryeowook asked puzzled about his sudden intrusion as he removes his reading glasses.

 

"It's Mr. Choi Siwon." The guy replied as he parted his lips, surprised about the sudden news.

 

"Since when? Why is he here? Are they going to live here with his family?" Ryeowook asked countless of questions.

 

"Sir, based on our investigation, he's here since last week and he's planning to take a vacation from work." The guy reported as he slowly stood up from his seat. "And sir, he's not here with his family." The guy continued as Ryeowook felt weird about his sudden appearance.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Sir, he didn't get married."

 

"What?!?" He said surprised about the unexpected news. He can't believe that all this time, Siwon didn't marry his fiancée. Everyone thought that he's happily married with Sooyoung but why is everything like this? Do Donghae and Jessica know that Siwon didn't get married?

 

He can't think straight as Tiffany started to come inside his head. Tiffany suffered for nothing, if only they knew it earlier, Tiffany won't experience those hardships and sleepless nights. This is it, he should not let this opportunity to leave, and for Tiffany he will do anything just to make her happy once again.

                                                          

"Leave me his contact number." He ordered as he started dialling his number and her number.

 

This is the only way for Ryeowook to make it up to her. Even if he's not sure that they still feel the same way towards each other, he will still let them meet. There's no harm in trying right?

 

-----------

 

With her eyes concentrated on the road, he started to felt something unusual with what Ryeowook said about meeting him at the park at 3 o’clock. Never did Ryeowook let Tiffany meet him in another place, he always come to where Tiffany is. But then maybe she thought that Ryeowook has something important to say.

 

But then as her mind started to think about it, a dog suddenly crossed the road. She didn't saw it coming as she abruptly stepped on the break, stopping her car. Her nervous heart started to beat furiously as she got down from her car with her trembling legs. Even if it's an animal, it still considered as killing.

 

As soon as she saw the dog, it started to whimper pitifully as Tiffany strongly carried it towards the back seat of her car. She needs to bring the dog to the nearest clinic to stop the bleeding from the dog's foot.

 

She drove forgetting the appointment she had with Ryeowook. All she thinks about is to bring the dog to the clinic. Some blocks away, she spotted a veterinary clinic as she parked her car in front of it. As the veterinarian saw her car, he instantly helped Tiffany in carrying the dog.

 

The doctor started the operation as she waited at the waiting area, while biting her nails. Then her phone started to ring as she answered it without any focus.

 

"Hello?" She answered without looking at the caller id.

 

"Tiffany! Where are you?" A voice suddenly intrudes her ear as her senses slowly came back.

 

"Oppa. I'm sorry. I can't make it. I hit a dog and I'm still waiting here if this dog will be alright." She answered with her trembling voice.

 

"Oh. It's...fine. Just call me when you arrive home." Ryeowook said with a disappointment in his voice as he hung up.

 

After their phone conversation, the doctor came out wearing a relieve smile. "Everything's alright, miss. One of her legs is broken but she can manage to walk. Don't worry." The doctor said as Tiffany welcomed the dog with a hug.

 

"Thank God. Thank you." She mumbled as she stood up, handing the payment for the successful operation. Then the dog and her left as they walk side by side.

 

Tiffany decided to let the dog walk for a while before finding its master. She didn't notice that they had walked far already as they reached a park. 'This is where Ryeowook wants to meet me.' She thought as she resumed walking with the dog on her side.

 

But then suddenly, the dog started to bark loudly to a certain direction.

 

"Does it hurt?" She asked the dog assuming that the dog is hurting. Of course the dog will not answer her question as it suddenly walked passed by her. Her eyes followed the dog to where she goes as it suddenly stopped behind a man.

 

Tiffany who felt curious to whom it was, walked closer to them. Then the dog started to bark once again as the man's attention was caught by the dog’s bark.

 

As she laid her eyes on the man's back, she started to feel something familiar, something that she knew that man very well. Then as the man slowly face them, her eyes went wide as her lips parted, surprised to who it was. She didn't expect it and she never expected that it will be him.

 

The man not knowing that somebody is in front of him, crouched down, leveling the dog as he hug the dog, caressing the dog's back. "Yah! Where did you go? I was looking for you. I'm so worried." He asked as he stares at the dog worriedly. "Don't ever do that again." He scolded the dog as if it's a human as the dog started to her master.

 

After their little reunion, the dog suddenly faced Tiffany, barking at her. With that, he knew that somebody was there as he gazes up to look who it was. As he finally saw who it was, he slowly stood up with the same surprised expression as Tiffany had.

 

"T-tiffany..." He mentioned her name as if he knew her for a long time.

 

Hearing him said her name, made her heart nervous all over again.

 

"Siwon..." This time it's her turn to call out his name as she clenched her fist, to stop her tears that are threatening to fall.

 

The dog started to bark again as he get what the dog wants to say.

 

"Thank you for saving her." Siwon said sincerely as he watched her. She surely aged but she's still as beautiful as before. Her brownish hair really made her more pretty. He can't help but to smile at the sight of her.

 

“Long time no see.”He greeted her with a faint smile painted on his face.

 

-----------

 

Siwon took his seat on the bench as he waited for Tiffany to sit on his side.

 

"How are you?" He suddenly asked as he watched the falling leaves. He missed this feeling, the feeling he always have when he's with her.

 

"I'm fine as always." She replied as she gazes at the side of his face.

 

With her reply, Siwon smiled contentedly as he shifted his gaze to her. "That's good then." He said with a faint smile. "How's your father?" He continued, looking back at the tree.

 

"He's fine. He can now walk normally." She replied with a smile. Siwon nodded calmly.

 

"Then why are you here?  Since when did you come back?" This time, it's her turn to ask.

 

"I've been here since last week and I'm here for a vacation." He responded as he leaned his back on the bench. "And Ryeowook asked me to come here today but after that he said he can't come." He laughed at his words as he smiled at her.

 

"Ryeowook oppa?" She asked surprised about the mention of his name. 'Why would he ask him to come?' She asked herself as she started to think the possible answer.

 

"Yes. Him." He muttered as he looked at his dog. Then again silence ate the place as they both stare how beautiful the leaves fall.

 

"How are you? Having a family must be really hard." Tiffany broke the silence. With her question and statement, Siwon started to laugh lowly.

 

"W-why are you laughing?" Tiffany asked.

 

"I thought you heard the news from Jessica but it seems that you don't know anything." He answered as he looked at her baffled expression.

 

"I didn't marry her. I don't want to."

 

He said it seriously as their eyes finally met. 'He didn't get married.' She said to herself, still surprised about the news. “I don’t want to fool myself.”He continued still with the serious expression.

 

Tiffany, who can’t understand his words, asked him. “Wh-what do you mean?”

 

Before answering her dumb question, Siwon smiled warmly. “I know that you know what I mean.”He answered gazing at the cloudy sky.

 

“Siw—”Before she can utter any word, Siwon cut her off.

 

“Let’s not talk about that anymore.”He said as he stood up. “I need to go.”Siwon said as he looked on his watch, checking the time. Tiffany didn’t know what to do as she stood up from her seat, watching the lad’s next move.

 

“Bye, I hope we can see each other next time.”He said as he showcased his smile.

 

Tiffany, who left speechless, nodded at him.

 

Just like that, she watched him walked away from her. This is the first time she witnessed him walking away from her because it’s always Siwon who watched Tiffany. Now, she knew the feeling, the feeling of being left alone. Even if it took many years, she will still feel the pain she used to feel every time she saw him.

 

She wants to stop him, to tell him that everything’s alright now, that they can be together once again but she knew this time that it’s Siwon’s decision to forget everything about her, that they must remain as friends.

 

All of those days that she believed that she already forgot about him were a lie, she can never forget him, and she can’t.

 

This time, she decided to cry. Just this one time. She promised to herself that after this cry, she will never cry for him. She walked back to where her car was parked as she shed tears uncontrollably. But then she stopped at the middle of the street, as she felt raindrops on her skin. She knew it was coming, the rain is coming.

 

Every time she felt like this, the rain was always there, maybe adding pain in her heart. She didn’t move as the rain slowly pours down. The tears on her eyes can’t be seen anymore as the rain pour down her face, blurring her sight.

 

But as she decided to walk, a hand stopped her. She can’t feel the raindrops anymore as if an umbrella is protecting her. But one thing she’s sure of, someone is always there for her. She watched the shadow of that person as she slowly turned around to see who it was.

 

“Tiffany…”Hearing his voice, made her tears flow unstoppably, as she cried loudly, releasing the pain she currently feel. The lad can’t help but to envelope her to his arms as he embraced her tightly.

 

“Why do you always cry when you’re with me?”He asked as he placed his hand on her head while his other hand is holding the umbrella.

 

She didn’t utter any word as she shook her head repeatedly as if she’s saying that she’s not crying. Wanting to know her answer, Siwon parted their hug as he stared at her face. Her swelled eyes met his as he slowly wipes those tears away. But then a fast car drove passed by them as it bashed as lot of water on his back.

 

“Yah!”Siwon shouted at the driver as he wipes the water away. Their moment was interrupted by an inconsiderate driver. Again, a fast car drove passed by them and they both knew that they will be bash by the water as Tiffany pulled him backwards, making her back reached the wall of the waiting shed. Luckily, with her fast response, Siwon didn’t get bashed by the water.

 

Back to them, they didn’t notice that their bodies were few inches away as Tiffany loosen her grip from his arm as she bowed down embarrassedly. “I’m sorry.”She apologized lowly as she wipes her tears away.

 

With their close distance, Siwon started to feel something unusual as he stared at her face, especially to her lips. It caught his attention as he slowly moved closer to her, closing the small space but before he can move closer, Tiffany sneezed cutely as she palms her face with her hand.

 

“Achoo!”She sneezed repeatedly as Siwon moved backwards while laughing at how cute she sneezed.  This is the second time that her sneeze interrupted his plans.

 

Then Siwon leaned his back beside Tiffany as they both looked at the pouring rain. But as he felt the contact of their skin, Siwon didn’t let the chance to slip away as he clasped his hand together with hers. Tiffany was taken aback by his action but still she can’t help but to smile.

 

“Tiffany?”Siwon called out her name as Tiffany gazed back at him.

 

“Hmmm…”She responded.

 

“Tiffany…”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Tiffany…”

 

“Why?”She asked him this time.

 

“I just missed calling your name.”He replied, holding her hand tightly.

 

Tiffany can’t help but to smile at her response. Like her, she misses him so much.

 

“Can we start over again?”He asked seriously as he gazes at her, waiting for her answer.

 

“W-what?”She asked making sure that she heard right.

 

“Then can you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Yah! I’m not yet saying yes.”

 

“So can you be my wife?”

 

“Yah!”She pulled her hand away as she crossed her arms. With that, Siwon laughed at how cute her reaction was as he pulled her for a hug.

 

“This is final.”He started.

 

Can we start over again?  With her chin on top of his shoulder, she started nodding her head while biting her lip.

 

Yes.She smiled once again but not the fake smile she usually does but now, the genuine and beautiful smile she always have.

 

Love is the most precious thing in the world. That simple word can change everything. Yes, it sometimes can cause hurt but even if it cause hurt, on the other way around, you can feel the happiest feeling you can ever have. This is probably the end of their painful love story but this will be the mark of another story but this time, together.

 

Just like what Siwon promised her, ‘I will wait for you…’, ‘I will never forget you’, ‘I will always love you…’

 

“I will never let you go.”

 

------------

 

A/N: This is the last chapter! WOHOO! Finally! Bittersweet feeling because I'm ending my first fanfiction ever. HAHA. :D So I will post epilogue also. It will also serves as the teaser for the sequel. :D