Chapter 25 - Fate

I Will Never Let You Go

Chapter 25 – Fate


 

Coming right from the bathroom, Donghae walked towards the table while wiping his face with a hand towel. He started to feel sleepy as he yawned with his mouth opened widely while stretching his firm arms upwards. He looked really tired, those eye bags under his fishy eyes were really disturbing to look at. It's been 5 days, almost a week and he didn't have any good sleep since then. But still he didn't regret doing it, it’s for her so that at least God might pity him and just bring Sica back in her real self.

 

Forgetting the sleepiness he felt, he walked towards the patient, checking if some improvements happened but still she looks like a withered vegetable. Staring at her, he felt a strange feeling that something might happen unexpectedly. His mind became occupied and worried because of an unknown reason. Then he decided to just continue his business in the brown notebook to at least relieve the uneasiness he felt.

 

"96..."

 

He mumbled as he started writing again as if it’s a term paper that is needed to be pass anytime. He can't think of any reason anymore because he wrote all of it already. It's hard to think 100 reasons, right?

 

"97..."

 

After finishing the 96th reason, he proceeded at next reason which is the 97th reasons. Suddenly, a smile slowly forms in his lips as he thought a good one. Looking on the numbers left, he felt excited and giddy. He really wants to finish these 100 reasons because even if it’s just simple notebook, all of his feelings were written on it and it will be his first special gift to her.

 

"98..."

 

Few guys can do this kind of things. Yes, it's corny but this piece of notebook is the representation of his unconditional love towards the woman he loves. For someone to give this kind of gift to a certain person really shows that the person really cherish that certain someone.

 

"99..."

 

He stopped at number 99 as his lids slowly felt like closing. He tried to compose his self but he can't overcome the sleepiness as he slowly bowed his head on the table while he closing his eyes, sleeping comfortably.

 

"Donghae..."

 

A low voice echoed around the room but he didn't hear it because he's already asleep. Another chance slipped away but that’s what life really means.

 

----------

 

"Yoona, why?"

 

The lad asked as they sat on the bench outside the church. She didn't answer his question as she stares at the falling leaves from the tree. It calms the atmosphere with those brown leaves and of course if the person you love the most is just by your side.

 

He started to stare at her from the side, admiring her innocent look with his content and assured smile. Never in his life that he will regret choosing her over everything. She's the girl that he promise to love for all of his life. Again, he felt happy and lucky that a girl like her will love him like this.

 

"Oppa. I will live with my parents in America." She declared not looking at his eyes because she doesn't want to cry in front of him, she doesn’t want to show her weak side, it will just hurt the both of them more.

 

His smile turned opposite as he heard her bad news. ‘Why should it be now?’ He asked his self. No respond from the lad can be heard as they both fell in a deafening silence.

 

"Why did you kiss me back that day?" Kyuhyun asked out of nowhere with stern voice, seeking for her answer right away. Of course, he's not mad. He just doesn’t want to let go of her, not now that he already chose her over his dream.

 

"Kyu..." This time, Yoona shifted her eyes onto him, surprised about his sudden question.

 

'Because I like you.'Yoona thought but before she can say it, he cut her off.

 

"If you're answer is because you like me then why do you still need to leave?" He questioned her as he stood up from the bench, controlling the anger he currently feels.  Yoona doesn't know what to say as she stood up, walking towards the lad.

 

"Kyuhyun... Please..."

 

"I don't understand you, Yoona." He said with his hurt expression. This time, he faced the lady as he seeks for an answer, the answer that she will not go and leave him.

 

"Kyuhyun, I will do this for my parents, please understand my situation. It will n--"

 

"No, Yoona! I can't understand you. I..." He cut her off making his voice louder, saying everything he wanted to say.

 

"I chose you, Yoona. I chose to be with you then why do you still to leave? Can't you choose me this time?" He asked hoping for her decision to change. He's not blaming her but those were words in his heart. He also want to experience having a date with her like a normal couple do, to see her smile because of his jokes, to kiss her everyday and to say the word 'I love you'.

 

Yoona can't utter any word as she felt sorry towards him. She can't do anything. She can't decide on her own. With that silence, he knew that her decision is still the same. He will never convince her. He is nothing compared to her parents. He didn't waste any time as he steps his left foot backwards, scared of the truth. He can't bear to be separated with her, not now that she meant the whole world for him.

 

When he finally faces his back on her, she let out what she wanted to say.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, I promise to come back. If you will wait for me, I promise to come back to you." She declared with her tears started to flow on her cheeks. It’s also hard in her part, knowing that Kyuhyun feels the same way towards her. If she can just stay, she will but it seems like fate is still playing with them.

 

He closed his eyes, controlling the tears that will fall. He doesn't believe in those promises about coming back, because he already experienced many situations like that and no one came back to him, no one. All of them left him, all of them and this time including the only person he had in his life, Yoona.

 

He pretended to smile as he faced her still stopping the tears from falling.

 

"How long? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? Never?" He said sarcastically not looking at her eyes because it will just stab his heart, looking at her crying because of him. He thought that Yoona will not leave after what happened to them but it turns out the opposite way that no matter what he do, it is destined that she will leave him.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah..."

 

He waited for her words to come out as he clenched his fist, controlling his self to not wipe those tears in her eyes. He wished that he can hug her and comfort her but he knew that if he will do it, he is the one who will be hurt in the end.

 

"I love you."

 

Yoona confessed the words in her heart. The wind started to blew past them adding some tension. This time, he looked directly on her eyes, reading her thoughts. He felt it. He knew that she's sincere, that everything she said was true. He wished that he can say the word ‘I love you too’ to her.

 

"If you really love me, you will not leave." He responded cruelly to her, not even thinking twice before he said those words, those hurtful words then he decided to completely leave her. As he walks away from her, his tears started to fall on his eyes uncontrollably. He's not scared to cry anymore, now that she will be forever gone, just like everybody else.

 

“I love you too… Yoona.”

 

-----------

 

Looking at her unfamiliar surroundings, made her head go dizzy. She slowly lifts her heavy lids as she travels her eyes on the place. She felt that she slept for a whole year because of her body, feeling unexpectedly tired. As she travels her eyes, a particular person caught her eyes and her lips started to form an inverted arc shape. She felt that her energy came back all of a sudden because of that person. She tried to call out his name, hoping that the person will hear her.

 

"Donghae..."

 

The lad didn't turn his head on her because he fell asleep earlier. She tried to rise up from the bed as she started to breath in and out. She feels alright as if she didn't have any accident but the only thing she can feel is her body that seems so tired. She doesn't feel any pain just tired.

 

For not peeing for a week, she felt that it's already coming out as she tried to come out of the bed while pulling the dextrose stand with her. She started walking slowly, passing by the sleeping lad but then a brown notebook gained her attention as she stopped and took it from the table. She didn't want to open it because it's Donghae's property but her curiosity her.

 

"Just a peek." She mumbled to herself as she opened the first page, revealing what is the content of the notebook. She froze as she saw that this notebook was meant for her. Before she flipped the page, she looked at the sleeping lad on his side, touched by the notebook he made. She feels like crying but she didn't want to cry, she's tired of crying. She should be smiling not crying.

 

But then she decided to just close the notebook and wait for Donghae to personally give it to her but God of love must be playing with them as the wind flipped the pages into the last page. She didn't intentionally read it but the letters were big so she unintentionally read the content. Her smile started to form as she started reading from number 90. She even laughs at the content as she felt that she's truly lucky to have Donghae, to be love by him.

 

Afterwards, she noticed that there is no number 100 and it ends at 99. Then suddenly, she thought an idea as she took the ball pen and started writing something on the notebook.

 

"100."She mumbled as she smiled faintly looking at what she wrote. Then she decided to leave the notebook on the table as she walked towards the comfort room.

 

After she fully peed, she saw her reflection on the mirror. She feels thankful that she didn't have any broken bones or large wounds on her body. She travels her hand on her bandaged forehead, touching the red part, where the wound is. As she touched it, she felt pain then she stares at her arms, touching the scratches she accumulate because of the car accident.

 

She suddenly stopped as she heard a sound coming from outside. She started to feel her tears on the edge of her eyes. She doesn't know why but as she looked at the closed door, she knew that someone special, someone she cherish the most, someone she loves is waiting for her patiently.

 

As if she will take an exam as she slowly turned the door knob, slowly pulling it towards her direction. The creeping sound of the door, added some tension on her as the door slowly reveals a figure of a man, standing not far from her, looking at her with tears on his eyes that will surely fall anytime soon.

 

"J-jessica..."

 

The lad was the first one to break the silence as his expression slowly changed into a sad one. His tears started to fall uncontrollably one by one as he started to walk towards her, towards the woman he loves. Jessica did the same as she walked towards the crying man in front of her. She controls her tears from falling because she doesn't want their first meeting in her second life to be a dramatic one.

 

"Donghae..."

 

She called out his name as she slowly raises her hand, wiping the tears on his cheeks. "Please, don't cry. Everything's fine. I'm alright." She rest assured him still wiping the tears on his cheeks. Donghae can't utter any word because he felt so happy that Jessica is finally awake.

 

He held her hand, placing it down still holding it tightly as he burst into tears, thanking God for making a miracle.

 

"Thank you... Oh God, Thank you. Jessica, thank you for not leaving me..." He said between his sobs as he kept on crying like 5 year old kid. "I'm so sorry... I'm sorry." He started apologizing repeatedly as if he's the one who caused the accident. Jessica can't take it anymore as her tears started to flow down her pale cheeks.

 

"Donghae, thank you for not giving up."She said as he looked straight into his eyes, pulling him for a hug, the warmest hug she can give. As they both envelope their selves with their hug, he started sobbing again as he pull her closer, tightly, not wanting to let go of her again.

 

Parting their sweet yet touching hug, their eyes met once again, showing the longing for one another. Donghae missed her so much, that he wanted to be with her every second and every minute of his life. He slowly raise his hand, touching her forehead up to her eyes, to the tip of her nose and lastly onto her lips, touching it with his thumb, making sure that everything is real, that this is not just a dream.

 

Jessica decided to pull down his hand from her lips as she moved closer to him. She slowly raised her feet, tiptoeing, as she slowly minimizes the space between their lips, aiming for their lips to meet once again. This time, it's her turn to show her feelings, to show how much she love Donghae but before it could happen, someone opened the door and surprised the both of them.

 

"Dong...hae" That person said with a surprise tone as her jaw dropped, finding out that Jessica is already awake.

 

Jessica and Donghae move away from one another as they saw their friend, looking very surprised because of Jessica.

 

"J-jessica, is that really you?" The newcomer said, not believing everything she saw.

 

"Tiffany, I missed you."

 

Jessica walked towards her bestfriend as if Donghae is not there then she pulled her for a hug. Tiffany can't believe it as she started crying with tears of joy.

 

"Sica-ah, I can't believe it... It's re-really...you..." She mumbled still crying because finally her best friend is already awake. Jessica can't help but to smile and at the same time to laugh at her. But Tiffany didn’t know that she just interrupted their moment.

 

Parting the hug, they both smile at one another, showing how they missed each other and how important is their friendship. For them, they considered one another as a family, not just a friend.

 

"Yah! Are you already married with Siwon?" Jessica suddenly asked as Tiffany felt shy because of her question. Of course, not yet.

 

"Yah." She said lowly, looking at Donghae's direction. "Well... Not yet... I mean--" She continued, stuttering her words as she suddenly remembered the night when they almost did that ‘thing’.

 

"Tiff, I slept for a long time then you're not yet getting married." She said as if she was unconscious for a year. "The both of you should really get married." Jessica continued.

 

"Who's getting married?"

 

A voice interrupted their talk as they both face the door, looking at the person who just came.

 

"S-siwon..." Tiff said, hiding the blush on her face.

 

"Siwon!" Jessica greeted excitedly as she grinned at him, showing that she's alright. Siwon smiled at the sight of Jessica as he knew that his friend is finally alright and that Donghae will be happy again.

 

"Yah! Tiffany said that she wants to get married already." Jessica suddenly blurted out even if Tiffany didn't say anything like that. The petite lady beside Jessica tried to stop her uncontrollable mouth as she pretended to smile, while hiding the unusual shade of pink on her cheeks.

 

"D-don't b-believe her... She's crazy you know, after effect of her accident." Tiff said while pretending to be laughing at her statement. At the side of her, Jessica looked at her angrily because she just said that she's crazy.

 

"I'm not crazy!" Jessica blurted out, not accepting the word crazy. Of course she's not crazy literally.  

 

Siwon smiled at the two who started bickering as if they are not best friends. He then looked at the guy behind Sica who is staring at her, showing how he misses her. Wanting to end their useless fight, Siwon walked towards the two ladies.

 

"Ladies." He said, stopping them as the two ladies looked at him with their annoyed face. Then Siwon looked at the only woman in his life as he wraps his arms around her shoulder.

 

"Sica, don't worry. I'm already planning for it." Siwon declared as he showcased his dimpled-smile while looking at the puzzled and shocked woman beside her. Tiffany felt her heartbeat started to beat abnormally as she stared at those eyes. She felt something unusual yet she felt that it's right.

 

Jessica chuckled at his statement. "That's the Siwon I know." She said looking at the lovely couple. "Fany-ah, you should be thankful to me because if I di--" Before she can finish her words, Tiffany blocked her talkative mouth using her palm while grinning at him.

 

"D-don't mind her." She said as she let go while glaring at her best friend.

 

"I'm glad you're okay. And the truth, you looked more cheerful after you're accident." Siwon suddenly said as he smiled at Sica, happy about what she is now.

 

"Thank you." Sica said as Siwon approached her, welcoming her for a hug. No one stopped their hug, not even Tiffany but suddenly someone parted their hug. That someone cleared his throat before he started talking. "You should first ask my permission before hugging my girlfriend." Donghae declared as if Jessica is really his girlfriend.

 

Jessica popped her eyes out as she shifted her gaze onto the guy in front of her.

 

"Girlfriend?!?" Tiffany and Siwon said in chorus as they waited for their confirmation.

 

Sica laughed sarcastically as she waved her hand, indicating that it's not true. "What he meant is close friend. Yes, close girl friend." She explained as she felt a grip on her hand.

 

"Yes. She's really my girlfriend. We're dating for a week now." Donghae butted in as he smiled at his so-called girlfriend. "Right Sica?" He continued as he pointed at the pot beside the bed. She looked at it surprised that Donghae already saw it and not to mention, there is a plant already.

 

"T-t-that..." She stuttered while pointing at the pot. "That's your first gift for me, can’t you remember?" Donghae continued her words while showing his fishy smile.

 

Before Sica can say any word, the couple behind them started to tease them. "Yah! You never told me anything about your relationship but still congratulations!" Tiff congratulated the new couple as Donghae smiled at them, proud of his girl.

 

"It's bec--"

 

"It's because she's shy to talk about dating stuff." Donghae once again interrupted her words as he continued it as if he knew everything that she will say.

 

"I'm n-not s-sh-shy..." She protested showing her shyness.

 

The three of them except Sica laughed because of her statement. “Sica, don’t deny it. You’re face is turning red you know.” Tiffany muttered, taking her revenge on her.

 

“How about planning the last date?” Donghae suddenly changed the topic, remembering that Siwon needs to choose his wife to be. Now that, Jessica is already awake, they can now hold the last event and it can be also a farewell party for Yoona.

 

--------------

 

After 3 days, they decided to do the last date on the yacht as planned from the start. They will not really sail the sea but they will just use a yacht for the last date. Everyone is excited as they prepare for a dress to wear especially Siwon and Tiffany.

 

Yoona agreed to come not because she’s expecting that Siwon will ask her to marry her or what but it will be the last event she will attend to with her friends.

 

The first one to arrive is the new couple who wore the same color of their attire. After that day, they became more attached, showing their love towards one another. They started to check the food, the place and everything so that when Tiffany and Siwon arrive, everything is already set.

 

Jessica stood by the railings, watching how beautiful the stars are. Now, she knew that it’s really great to live in this world. She missed the air as she closed her eyes, thanking God for giving her another life. While closing her eyes, she felt a strong pair of arms, slowly circling around her small waist. She knew that it was Donghae because she already knew his scent and everything about him.

 

“Why?” She asked in a cute manner, not removing his hands on her body.

 

“I have a surprise for you later.” Donghae said directly on her ears with a seductive tone. Jessica can’t help but to giggle at his way of talking as she turned around to face the lad.

 

“Make sure it’s good.” Jessica said directly on his ears as she tiptoed, making Donghae shivered because of her breath, touching his ears. He showed a charming smile as he moved closer to her, whispering something again.

 

“It’s so good that you will wish to do it again.” Donghae whispered yet again seductively as he chuckled lowly at his statement. After hearing it, Jessica slapped his shoulder, suppressing her laugh.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Why?” Donghae said, pretending to be surprised while chuckling at her expression.

 

“I will never let you do it to me!” Sica blurted out as she hides the pink shade on her cheeks. She’s not yet open on that kind of topic.

 

“Sica, are you thinking of something else?” Donghae questioned her, trying to and at the same time to catch her if she really thought that way.

 

“N-no…No!” Jessica protested defensively as she felt shy because maybe Donghae is not really talking about that thing.

 

“Aha! So you’re really thinking about ‘that’!” He muttered still teasing her. “I can’t believe it.” He said as he shook his head repeatedly but not to her knowing, he’s just making fun of her.

 

“I said no!” She reasoned out as she pouted her lips.

 

“If you really want to do it, then we can do it here. Right now.” Donghae’s expression turned into a serious one as he walked closer to her, cornering her with his arms.

 

“D-do-donghae… Not now, I mean, stop. Please.” She tried to stop the lad as she pleads at him, afraid if he will really do it in that kind of place. As he slowly moves his head towards her, Jessica tried to push him on his chest. Not too long, Donghae laughed at her expression as he looked at her.

 

“Sica, what do you mean ‘not now’? So you really mean that you really wanted me to do it with you?” Hae didn’t stop at teasing the woman in front of her as Jessica pushed him strongly with her already angered face.

 

“I hate you!” Jessica shouted at her as she walked away, leaving Donghae still laughing at the side. Jessica stomped her feet away from that guy as she breathed in and out. She can’t believe that he tricked her and the worst part is that she really thought that it’s that thing, he was talking about.

 

Then suddenly, somebody called her as she looked at the person who called her.

 

“Tiffany!” She shouted excitedly as she approached her best friend, giving her a friendly hug.

 

“You look so beautiful!” Sica complimented her as she admired her magnificent look. “You look beautiful too.” Tiffany responded, giving back the compliment as they both smile at one another. It is visible in Tiffany’s eyes that she’s excited for this day and Jessica knows that she really deserve this.

 

“Come, let’s sit there.” Jessica pointed the emptied seats as they both walked over there.

 

Not too long, Yoona also joined them as they started talking about girls stuff. But then everything seems to be complete as the main guy arrived, wearing a very flashy tuxedo that really caught Tiffany’s attention. He’s so handsome that the three of them stared at him as if he’s some kind of celebrity.

 

Looking at the three ladies who are sitting prettily, Siwon gulped a lump as he laid his eyes on the most beautiful girl he ever seen in his life. Just by looking at her, he knew that she’s really the girl he wanted to marry but his happy thoughts were slowly changed by the reality about his father’s doing.

 

*Flashback*

 

Siwon arrived the earliest as he checked the yacht. He toured his self at the yacht as he felt excited about the event later. His mind is already set about the woman he wanted to marry. He started imagining his life with a wife by his side and their own children. He will be the happiest man on earth if that thing will really happen.

 

But then, he saw silhouette of a guy who is standing not far away from him. He knew that it was him, the mysterious guy that will ruin their relationship.

 

“I see that you’re really happy, isn’t?”The mysterious guy said with the same evil tone he had as he slowly walked towards Siwon, revealing his true self. Waiting for the mysterious guy to come out, Siwon prepared his self of the things that might happen. He knew that this will be the end of everything. He knew that this guy already planned everything.

 

“Surprised to see me?”The mysterious guy revealed his self on him as Siwon eyes almost popped out as he saw who is the man behind everything.

 

“Y-you?”He stuttered his words, not believing what he saw. ‘I can’t believe that it was him.’ Siwon thought to his self as he stared at the guy.

 

The guy showcased his evil laugh as he stared eye to eye on him while smirking. “I suggest that you should stop this before this becomes more complicated.” He suggested as he watched him keenly. “Or if you don’t want then I should be the one to talk to Tiffany.” He continued as he knew what will be his answer.

 

“No! I will tell her personally.”Siwon protested as he clenched his fist, knowing that he’s powerless and useless. 

 

“Just don’t make me wait for too long, okay?” The mysterious guy threatened him as he faced his back on Siwon, planning to leave the yacht.

 

“Don’t choose her.”The mysterious guy ordered as Siwon knew that he was talking about the event later. He was left speechless without anything he can do as he felt like killing his self. He doesn’t want to hurt her again because it will just hurt him more. He can’t bear to see someone like Tiffany be hurt by him.

 

“I’m so sorry…”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

“So let’s start!” Donghae cued as they all waited for his speech.

 

Before he started talking, he cleared his throat still not breaking his stare on Tiffany. He wanted to say how beautiful she is. He wanted to come directly on her and ask her hand in marriage but he can’t just do it because he knew that after that, Tiffany will hate her and that’s the thing he doesn’t want to happen.

 

“This day marked the start of my happiest event in my life. This woman means everything to me. She’s not just an ordinary girl but she’s a strong one, a person who will not just give up without even trying. She…” He stopped as he choked his words. He can’t do this. He felt the tears on his eyes as he stared at the smiling girl right in front of him. He wished that he could be someone who can protect her but now he’s nothing, he can’t do anything.

 

“Her smile just makes my day. Everything about her made her so special that my heart just can’t stop loving her more. She let me experienced the happiest thing in my life and that is to be loved by her. Now, I’m right here in front of her, asking her hand for me to marry her.” Siwon didn’t want his speech to be long because he’s afraid that he might cry in front of them.

 

Walking slowly to the girl he is talking about, he felt that everything is just a dream, that all of these is not true and how he wished that he is just sleeping and this is just a nightmare. As he walked further still looking at Tiffany, he stopped in the middle of Yoona and Tiffany. He closed his eyes for a minute, asking for some miracle to happen.

 

Then as he realized that he must do this for the sake of everything, for the sake of his love so he walked closer and kneeled in front of the woman he described without hesitations. Pulling out a diamond ring from his pocket, he started to say the magical words.

 

“I want to marry you. W-will you marry me?”

 

Everything in that place didn’t expect something like this to happen. Siwon only looked at the woman in front of her, staring deeply on her eyes. He can’t move his eyes on other direction because he’s afraid to see their reaction especially her reaction. No one dared to talk as he decided to repeat his question.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you marry me, Yoona?”

 

-----------

A/N: Hi everybody! So here's an update :) Sorry for the wait and I'm sorry for this sad T_T chapter. I didn't want to write sad chapters but it's really part of the story, there is always a bad or sad part in life, agree? And for that mysterious guy, he will appear on the next chapter and be prepared for the revelation. Haha. :) Enjoy!

Based on your votes, the sequel of this fic won, with 27 votes so I'm planning to make a sequel (Yehey!) I know that it's weird that I'm saying this in advance but I already finished my plot for this story that's why I'm asking for your opinion if I should make a sequel or not. Haha. :) And there are 3 chapter left to finish this fic and I personally can't believe it that I can finish this fic and that's because of the readers! Thank you for reading my ficcc!

And I'm somewhat planning to make a rated scene in this fic but I'm not yet sure, if it's alright with all of you to read that kind of genre then I'm thinking of including one rated scene, but just one only. :) Please tell me if it's alright with you and if all of you don't want, that's alright with me too. :) 

And lastly, thank you for my new subscribers! I can't believe that I reached the 100 mark! Thanks for all the love! And especially for the heartwarming comments! I love it! :) If you want to talk to me, just drop by my wall :)