A French Start

In L♥Ve With My Roomate Boyfriend

*

{One Month Later}

*

Miri’s POV

“Ajummah… I really need those books.” I begged again, for the 122435th time today. Even my famous pout wouldn’t work. Eh… I think I’m getting old. My pouts hardly work these days. Taemin always get them right, which is unfair since he’s older than me! No kidding when people calling him the king of aegyo and pout.

“Wait young girl. I still have to clean this desk.” There she goes again. I can’t count how many times this lady does this to me.

“I’ll cleaned it for you okay? Go and grab the book for me please…” I bowed several times and then I took the cloth from her. The old lady shook her head negatively and took her cloth back.

“No… I’ll do it. Thank you very much, but these past days you have been helping me a lot. Go and study. That’s what good students do.” She nodded smiling.

How can I study without books? Seriously ajummah?

After one hour waiting I got my books and ran home. Sometimes I would get the way home wrong and I’d take the bakery way. So I would always end up in front of the building. The apartment which I used to share with EunMi. Not that I don’t want to see her but… Things has gotten awkward  between us… We don’t talk anymore, we don’t even look at each other anymore… I want to approach and tell her “Sorry”, that “It was my fault”, but she’s still hurt and avoids me. All the time. I feel bad and I start to cry sometimes… She is the most amazing person in the world and I had to fall for his boyfriend… I know… I should have stopped.

And I’m here again… In front of her building. How stupid am I?

I sigh as I turn to go back. The building door opens and EunMi appears. Mechanically, I just stood there looking at her. As if I was searching for forgiveness, I just stood there. Her eyes quickly met mine, grabbing a brush and drawing a little blush of shame around my cold cheeks. We kept staring at each other until someone came out behind her and greeted both of us.

“Annyeonghaseyo..” I bowed politely and tried a smile. My body came back to its previous position ready to go back home and leave this girls sight. I am definitely the most selfish person in this world.

 “Annyeonghaseyo.” EunMi stopped in front of me and made a little bow to me. After a forced smile she left. I didn’t react. Maybe I was shocked as hell therefore there wasn’t any reaction from me. She is trying hard. I don’t deserve this. She doesn’t deserve what she’s going through…

 

Taemin POV

Miriam.

My whole existence is explained by that name.

Oh god.

I’m getting so lame. I have never been so… lame.

And… geez... I don’t really mind about it. I think of her too much my head nearly explodes. She has become daily for me. The clear image of her cute face, her sweet voice, her gorgeous smile… Damn! I’m totally mesmerized by her. I have never thought that being away from her for a few days would be this… noxious for me. I have never been so suffocated like this. I love her but I hate the fact that we only get to see each other only for a few hours. I don’t want to regret about my job but… it kills me. I love what I do, I have no doubt about it, but… I miss her. I miss her a lot. Sometimes I feel the urge to cry.

“Go hug the lovebug over there. He seems lonely to me.” Kibum stated with his usual funny sarcasm. Jonghyun ran to me hugging me tight and very disgustingly.

“Baby boy, love me too! Love me like you have never loved anyone in this world. I need love…” He pouted mockingly and then he friendly ruffled my newly brown dyed hair.

“Yah get out…” I frowned not in the mood. My hyungs are seriously childish some times. And it gets pretty annoying. Minho Hyung is no exception either. He’s only quiet in public but between us he’s one of the most childish ones.

“Smell it and smile!”

A repugnant smell inside my pure nose giving me nauseas. I nearly fell back with the hideous smell.

“EWW! Minho hyung!!!” I shouted not pleased with the prank. Looking around I could see all my hyungs laughing  their hearts out. Which made me snort and let out a small chuckle.

“We did it! He finally smiled!” Minho laughed. I threw a pillow at him.

“Ahh.. tomorrow when we go back to Seoul I’m going to check out at my girlfriend.” Jonghyun fell from his back on his bed and started his daily texting.

“What girlfriend, dino?” Key rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at him.

 

No one’s POV

 

Miri slowly entered her new residence with her head down and letting out a heavy sigh. It was new building, she wasn’t very familiarized with because she had just moved in after leaving Eun Mi’s apartment. She didn’t wait for EunMi to throw her out so she just walked out herself leaving a note. The days that passed were getting weird EunMi avoided her as she could and Miri wasn’t expecting a better treatment coming from her. Asking that would be too much, after all she had betrayed EunMi. The worst thing that could happen to you is your friend to steal your boyfriend. Miri knew it very well, she had friends that went through that situation, and now she is the evil one.

Her finger pressed the button to call the elevator. As she waited tears fell from her eyes. She has always been a cry baby, even for little things, her family always told her that she got that from her father side grandfather. It was indeed true, both were crying babies. Miri was feeling utterly guilty, she couldn’t stop thinking of how EunMi was feeling about that betrayal. It hurt her to see people hurt because of her selfish actions. 
At the same time she was pondering what if she had left Korea. Indeed EunMi would be happier, but Miri would be miserable. It was supposed to happen that way. If it happened it had a reason. Everything has a reason. And the reason, she chose to believe, was for her and Taemin to be together. They loved each other. She wants to believe that was the right thing... But why does someone has to get hurt in order for her to be happy?

 

“Excuse me? Why are you crying miss?” A calm voice asked in english, a foreign accented English. Miri bit her lips and looked at the pavement a little bit wishing the person could just go away and leave her there alone. But he was insistent. 
“Hello?” He seemed worried, he put his hands on her shoulder and looked down at her. Miri gave up and slowly lifted her glance at the extremely tall man in front of her. He was, indeed, a foreign guy. He had brown hair almost giving up to be blond, big kind hazel eyes, creamy skin and smile easily lips. 
“I’m… not really crying.” She wiped her tears with her sleeve.
“Then, are you going to say that you got something in your eyes right? Tout le monde dit ça!” He said ironically and sighed. 
Miri looked up a bit surprised. Did he just talk French? “I’m sorry for asking, but… are you French?” 
The guy smiled and quickly nodded. “Yes. Alex MontReal. I’m from Lyon in France. I live at 6A and I own the best French café of Seoul!”
Miri gasped at how direct and how easy he talked about him. He was indeed an interesting guy. 
“Interresting.” She awkwardly smiled.
“Where are you from? You’re obviously not asian.” He chuckled.”I see you just moved in?”
“Uh… Yes. I just moved in to 6B. And I’m French too.” 
“Really? Misun’s house? We are neighbors! And, Wow, what a coincidence you are French as well!” He changed his words to French. 
Talkative. Miri thought. But nice. He made me forget for a moment the whole situation.She smiled as the guy kept talking.

 

As she stepped in, her newly bought SHINee CD was blaring inside her room. Her bag gradually fell off her arm and hit the floor. She didn’t even bothered picking it up. She calmly inhaled the bubblegum smell her room had. The smell appeared due to mix of perfumes. She looked around at her room decoration. Boxes. She still hadn’t unpacked all her things she brought two weeks ago.  Because the room still felt unfamiliar to her. She had just moved to Misun’s apartment and was still learning to feel comfortable there. 
Misun was being a sweet friend. She offered Miri to stay there for free, but Miri rejected saying that she would pay the rent. They weren’t as good friends as Miri and EunMi were, but they know that the friendship will develop very well.


Miri didn’t knew how to make up with EunMi. She wanted to badly, but opportunity is nowhere to be found. So she thought of leaving EunMi alone and have her time to inhale the situation and then talk to her. Miri cursed herself everyday for hurting EunMi,but she couldn't bring herself to regret everything she had been through with Taemin. She loved the guy, she tried to run from that love, but it chased her. She couldn’t run anymore, she deserved happiness too. So she’ll wait. EunMi is going through an emotional time, but she’ll get over it. Miri hopes so.
With a sigh Miri started to clean and organize things in her room. She was a lazy person, sometimes her mother scolding sounded in her ear. You’ll never find a husband if you continue to be so lazy and disorganized!”
“Aigoo… Mother you are not even dead yet your voice sounds like a ghost around me.”
After sometime fighting against her urge to just fall on bed and sleep, she got her room cleaned and prettily organized. Well, if don’t bother to look under her bed...
Too good to be true. She thought heaving a sighed. She felt a sudden squeeze in her chest, it wasn’t a good feeling, it felt as if she shouldn’t rest and something is up to happen. 
“Everything is okay.” Miri glanced the ceiling quietly. Then she thought of Taemin, differently from before now she blushes at every thought of that guy. How nice is to have someone who cares about you. She never had that joy before, it was the first time.  

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone... it has been what? almost 2 years? I'm so embarassed... It has been a pretty rushed period, first I wanted to concentrate more in graphic designing, then I just had to prepare for university and now I just needed to study to go through the first year... It's kinda hard because of the whole living in a new country thing, new life without your parents and it was hard for me to adjust and have new friends. So I'm kinda settled now and as I live my life daily I feel that smthing is missing. I miss graphic designing and I miss writting. It makes me feel creative. I need that feel hahaha

This chapter has been here on draft for several months already. I just didn't post it because I wanted to keep adding more things but the opportunity and time to write more things didn't come. A last april I started this new story, An Angel's Sin, I had started to write it over almost a year before I posted it but I didn't post it because I just didn't want to keep people waiting for updates like with this story... but after a few chapters I decided to post it. 

I hope I didn't lose you guys who were always fateful to "In love with my roomate boyfriend". I'm so happy I wrote this story because I met awesome people and I improved my english (though it's still a little bad lol). I have a lots of ideas for this story but I just can't find the time to do that. Reality just . I wished I could live forever in the virtual world hahaha 

Well now I have to go to sleep cause right now it's 05:30am !! hahahah

Thank you for everything guys. Sincerely.