Skipping classes

Stuck in high school

Continuation from previous chapter

 

In the classroom
Sungmin’s POV


 

“Guys… I’m bored.” I said, when I couldn’t bear all that boredom anymore.
“Me too…” the others only answered with sighs and we changed our positions into another one, desperately trying to sleep, but we failed miserably. I only sighed anew, before I suggested:
“Let’s sneak out of here.”


Three stunned gazes were on me, making me feel stupid, until Kyu lifted his head from the desk, his hair messy, his mouth slightly parted and his eyes, that were only half opened widened, while he was still connected to the desk, through a string of saliva.
“Yeah!” was his breathtaking answer, and his sudden outburst, made the other students and our teacher stare at us. To our fortune, nobody asked anything, instead some of them only giggled stupidly.

Actually it would have been a very easy task to get out of here – our ‘great’ teacher left the room to get some documents, and Kyu and I could immediately disappear as well, without any problems.
“Are you coming?” Kyu asked when we were already in the hallway and stared into the classroom. Hyukkie was desperately trying to put all his things back into his backpack, which was absolutely impossible, and Hae refused to leave without Hyukkie, so Kyu and I took that as a ‘No’.

And the best idea Kyu and I came up with, was sitting on the swings, while waiting for Hae and Hyukkie. I was quite sure they wouldn’t find us, since we were on the schoolyard behind the building, but Kyu resisted sitting in front of it, since the teachers could find us there without any effort.
At least we were able to escape from that hell of boredom, but now there was that uncomfortable silence, which made me feel more and more nervous by every passing second, but still we nearly sat like that for an eternity. At least it felt like an eternity…
“Shall I swing you?” Kyu suddenly broke the silence, nearly causing me to fall of the swing.
“Huh?” was all I could come up with in that moment.
“Well, you know… like in I push you and-…” he started to declare, what he meant, even though I understood it. Of course I understood it, I mean, I’m not stupid!
“Oh! Err… sure.”
I only mumbled, already forgotten what he actually asked.
“WHOA, WAIT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I yelled panicked, when I nearly fell of the swing, because Kyu pushed me too hard.
“What? I’m-…”
“No, I mean… not that high…”
I mumbled embarrassed and loosened my tight grip around the chain of the swing.
“Sure~.” Kyu only responded with a mocking undertone, I didn’t like at all, I mean I could practically imagine his evil smirk directly in front of me.
I could feel how he nearly lifted me higher than his head and in the next second I swung with an incredible speed. What I didn’t think of, was that he might push me again…
“No, no! Please stop!” I pleaded, when he pushed me even harder, and I nearly fell of the swing once again.
“Why?” he dared to ask.
“You can’t do that.” I answered and stuck out my tongue.
“Tch!”
“You know, I kind of missed it being on a playground. Last time I went there, is about 8 years ago and I was with Hyukkie.”
“And why didn’t you go there anymore?!”
Kyu asked not interested and rolled his eyes.
“Hyukkie forced me to promise never go there anymore. You know, ‘we’ made some bad memories there.”
“Huh? Wait, what happened?”
he asked surprisingly curious, causing me to remember myself of the most horrible day in my whole life, while Kyu only sat down on the swing beside me.
“You know, back then Heechul had to accompany us there, which was already enough for a reason, since he always irritated us. But on that day, other children, that were a few years older than us, were there as well, which was quite unusual, since it’s quite far from the city. Anyway, they were playing soccer on the field, while Hyukkie and I were building some sand castles in the sandpit. Suddenly the football flew directly into our direction and harshly hit my cheek. That sudden impact caused me to stumble backwards and destroy our big sand castle, by falling onto it. I was crying terribly. Hyukkie was crying terribly. The other boys were crying terribly, because Heechul kicked their football away. And then even Heechul started to cry, but of course those were only tears of joy.”
“Sounds… nice… and why was Hyukkie crying?!”
Kyu asked dumfounded.
“Because of our destroyed sand castle, of course!” I exclaimed and threw my arms up in the air, to let Kyu know, this was absolutely obvious.
“That’s his reason for refusing to go to a playground?!”
“Well I think it’s valid…”
I mumbled quietly, loud enough for Kyu to hear me, while staring at the ground.
“You guys are incredible!”
“Aww, thank you Kyu. You’re incredible as well!”
I exclaimed, clasping my hands together, while flattering with my eyelashes.
“That wasn’t really meant as a compliment…”
“Of course it was! You only don’t know!”
Kyu only lifted his eyebrows hearing my answer and tried to suppress his nearly inaudible chuckle, which caused me to laugh as well.

And there we were: Two freaks laughing like idiots because of something we forgot a long time ago, all I know is that ‘unconsciously’ both of us are leaning towards each other and I can practically already smell his breathe on my skin! … Or I can only smell it … eww…
My disgusted thoughts were interrupted by a gentle touch on my lips, which made me snap my up head in surprise, and before I perceived what was happening, Kyu fell of the swing beside me, while my nose started to hurt incredibly. Okay … maybe just a bit…
Kyu was rolling on the ground, making noises, that let him sound like an old man, who just broke a few of his bones.
“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” I apologized, after I realized, I accidently ‘knocked’ him off the swing with my nose! Whoa, I never knew my nose I actually that strong! I knelt down beside him, holding his hand and trying to make him sit up, while he was probably making himself as heavy as a rock.
“Come on, Kyu! Get up!” And there he goes. I was just resting for about a second, and then he had already pulled me onto of him, but he even had to switch or positions, so he could straddle me without any effort.
“Kyu, get off me!” I panted, trying to throw him off my body.
“No.” was all he said.
“Get off, you’re heavy!”
“Nope-… hey I’m not!”
“Yes, you are! And now get off!”
“No and no!”
I started to shake my head vigorously and shut my eyes tightly.
“Get off, you’re dirtying my cloth-…” and there it was again, that gentle touch on my lips. A soft, gentle touch of something that felt incredibly nice against my lips. It just matched perfectly! I just wanted to it, bite it and it forever! But then… I opened my eyes. In other words, I could see, what was touching my lips and made me feel on cloud nine.
Kyu’s finger I narrowed my eyes in anger and was about to throw my tantrum, that he didn’t kiss me, as I expected, while I was even already thinking about something erted, when he suddenly leaned closer until our faces were only a few inches apart, our lips nearly touching, if there wasn’t his finger still being pressed against my lips.
“So that’s the way to make you shut up!” he exclaimed happily, digging his own grave.
My mouth gaped open, ready to start insulting him, but before I could even make a sound, something else interrupted us. Or rather someone else…

“What the hell are you guys doing?!” a voice behind us shouted, and right after that, that person started to laugh, while I perceived steps approaching until…
“OH MY GOD! SUNGMIN…! YOU…!”

 


 

 

In the classroom
Hyukjae’s POV

 

“Let’s sneak out of here.” Minnie suggested, and of course this was actually my genius thought! He was just faster in saying it out loud…
So when our teacher went out of the classroom, Minnie and Kyu disappeared immediately as well, while I was still busy gathering all my things, and as Hae said, of course he couldn’t go without me!
When I was finally done, Hae gently grabbed my hand, ready to lead me out of this hell of boredom, when I noticed Kyu and Minnie didn’t wait for us!
Just in that second, we were about to leave the room, our teacher returned with his documents and eyed us suspiciously. Tough he noticed that we were about to sneak out of there, he didn’t seem to realize, that two students were already missing. And it wasn’t like the others would tell him, since they fell asleep a while ago, which was absolutely understandable.
“What are you guys doing?” he asked, after placing a stack of sheets on his desk, while his gaze slowly wandered down to our intertwined fingers.
“Uhm… I just wanted to go to the toilets…” Hae immediately responded – surprising me, that he actually came up with a fitting lie – and he let go of my hand in an instant.
“Oh.  And you?” our teacher asked, while pointing at me with a pencil.
“Uhm… me too!” stupid excuse… now he’ll surely think we were about to do something erted in there!
“You may go after he returned, is that alright?” he rather decided, than asked.
“Uh… sure…” I only mumbled disappointed, while reluctantly nodding my head.
With that Hae left. Leaving me behind. Even if he said, he won’t. But this is not his fault, it’s not like, there was another way! No! He promised not to let me down! He’s so mean!


And this way I was captured in the prison of boredom. A whole exhausting hour of stupid and boring work!
Because of an ‘astonishing thought’ – as our teacher says – one of the students had to suggest, we decided to watch a documentary about Mercury and our solar system! I kept screamingNOOOOOO!!!’ in my mind, while the other students clapped their hands in excitement, looking like a bunch of retarded seals, that got lost on their way to the sea, but their leader got the right route again. This was really one of those moments, I was about to bang my head against the desk, but I decided against it, since everybody would think I was crazy. And I’m not crazy.

 

Oh, who would have thought that? That ‘grandiose’ movie takes about two hours! And of course it’s not like anybody would actually mind, since we’re all that excited and interested in that movie, so nobody’s able to only tear their eyes off the screen for less than a second! Not to forget to mention, nobody in here has something called a life, so of course there’s nothing better to do, than watching a freaking boring movie for HOURS!!!
A monotone voice, of which origins were those speakers, that are hung in every corner of the room, and my annoyed sighs, have been the only noises to hear in that lonely classroom. To my fortune, nobody even noticed, since they all were that deepened in that damn boring movie! And guess what! Thanks to Hae, I’m not even allowed to go to the toilets, because he never returned – of course – even though I already started to feel some kind of pressure on my bladder!
And after that extra hour of torture, we were finally dismissed! Thanks to Jesus! Of course I mean Doctor Jesus, who signed the movie as ‘finished’.

It was around 2p.m. when I noticed, that my phone kept vibrating. Annoyed I pulled it out of my pocket, and before I could even recognize the callers’ identity, it was switched off. Damn! I forgot to charge it again! A desperate howl escaped my lungs, when I harshly squeezed my cellphone. I really don’t need that right now!
Another howl of mine echoed through the area, since I remembered that Minnie escaped with Kyu. This means, he won’t be at home. And of course he wouldn’t go to my place – would he? He was also probably the one, who tried to call me, to tell me, where they were. I growled in anger, while I headed towards my home, since there was nothing else to do for me, and I mean, I’m already 14 – what could actually go wrong?


I arrived at home, let my surprisingly exhausted body fall onto the soft sofa and snuggled my face into a pillow, while several memories of that walk just now crept into my mind.
Nothing special - just the usual: I was walking along the street towards our home, on the left side some people, that were dressed all in black, kept shooting at something in a bank, while another one of them ran out of the building with a huge, filled bag and in the next second they all disappeared in a black van, that raced away with a speed and skill only Heechul used. Then there was on the other side of the street one of those science institutes, and in the next second it was gone! Well, kind of. A big black spot remained there and with a nice camp fire in the middle. Only a few steps further some giant hooligans were destroying some already burning cars with baseball rackets, while a weird creature I’ve never seen crawled out of the canalization. After a walk of about 5 minutes, when it was the time to turn, a dangerous hurricane crossed the street, while destroying everything around me, and in a distance I could see dark clouds the origin of some , that were creating more camp fires in the wood!

I could feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, annoying the out of me, until I noticed, it won’t stop until I recharge it… Against my will I got up from the sofa lazily and made my way towards my room with heavy steps.

 

After about 10 minutes – my phone vibrated again, causing me to groan in annoyance, because that means I have to get up from my bed, just to see who’s interrupting my attempts to dream of some heavenly strawberries!
I got up reluctantly and I’m sure I nearly broke my phone because of my very strong grip! Just in that second I wanted to answer the call, it was already disconnected. Looks like it wasn’t important. I hope that horrible person regrets it, destroying my strawberry daydreams!
And in the next moment the bell rang. Seriously I’m going crazy here! I really start to feel terrorized!
Angrily I stomped to the front door and harshly tore it open, only to reveal a breathless Donghae. I eyed him from top to bottom, somehow suspicious, and felt even a bit shocked, since I can’t really remember inviting Hae before.
“What’s wrong with you, why are you panting like-…?!”
“I need to tell you something!” this guy seriously interrupted me!!!

Well I didn’t have any other options, so I had to let him in, and guess what… he told me something… very interesting… And Minnie is going to kill Kyu. !

Hae then dragged to back to school, because both of us weren’t able to contact Kyu or Minnie, so we decided to look for them even there. Even though I some kind of doubted that they would stay at such a place! I mean, who the hell would stay at the school ground, after sneaking out..?
Well, I think I have to revise my thoughts. Those two freaks WOULD stay at school.

And even at a worse place…

“What the hell are you guys doing?!” Hae shouted, and right after that, he started to laugh, while I was still trailing after him.
“OH MY GOD! SUNGMIN…! YOU…!”

 

 


 

 

In the classroom
Donghae’s POV


 

“Let’s sneak out of here.”


“Yeah!” Kyu was the only one, who answered that obvious question. Of course, he couldn’t not answer his angel! Aww, they are so cute together!
I kept on teasing them in my mind, while I waited for Hyukkie to get his things, so we could finally escape.
“Are you coming?” Kyu asked, while he and Minnie were already waiting in the hallway, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance. He seriously never waits! But still, this was some kind of improvement, I mean, he even asked something, before he really disappeared!
Anyway, I was just for a very, very short second lost in my own thoughts, so I forgot to answer that dumb question of him, and in the next second, they were already gone!
When Hyukkie finally finished gathering his things, I gently grabbed his soft hand and was about to pull him out of that room, before he notices, he forgot a few pencils, that fell off the table before. But of course in that second, our teacher had to return!

“What are you guys doing?” he asked, after placing a stack of sheets on his desk, while his gaze slowly wandered down to our intertwined fingers.
“Uhm… I just wanted to go to the toilets…” I immediately answered – whoa, brain! You’re seriously amazing, how did you do that? Thinking of a really suitable lie, I have to reward you later! and I immediately let go of Hyukkie’s hand.
“Oh.  And you?” our teacher asked, while pointing at my Hyukkie with his dangerous pencil.
“Uhm… me too!” Hyukkie quickly answered, but shut his eyes tightly, after he realized, what he said. Hrhrhr, he's thinking of the same, as I do!
“You may go after he returned, is that alright?” our teacher rather decided, than asked.
“Uh… sure…” I heard Hyukkie mumbling, while I already stormed out of the room, towards my locker.

 

I sighed relieved and stretched my stiff limbs, when I arrived in front of my locker. I pulled my key out of my pocket and unlocked the padlock. I quickly grabbed my shoes, put them on and locked the locker again, but then I got a weird feeling. A feeling, that told me, I forgot something. Something important…
I looked down at my feet and saw my shoes, so that’s not what I forgot. I wanted to turn around, but the heavy weight on my back made me already aware, that it also wasn’t my backpack, what was missing. And then it hit me – my key! It was still inside my locker! How the hell am I supposed to get it out now?!
An incredibly brainwave hit me, and I quickly tried to open the padlock with one of the paperclips, I stole from our teacher. Unfortunately I only bent and twisted it, in other words, it was futile.

It nearly took me an eternity, until I realized, I should call mum. Mum always knows what to do! So that’s what I did then…
“Mummy?” I immediately called, after I heard that ‘click’ sound, which told me, mum finally answered my important call. She should have done so way earlier!
“Yes, Hae? You know, you actually should be aware, who you are calling-…”
she started to annoy me, which caused me to interrupt her.
“Mummy! Please, I need you right now! Please get Kyu’s spare key-…”
“Why Kyu’s?” she freaking interrupted me!!!
“Because I lost mine, and we have the same padlock, so could you please bring it to me?”
“Where is it?”
“Uhm… in our room… I think…”
I mumbled, already aware, my key probably won’t ever return…
“And how the hell am I supposed to find it in that mess?!”
“You’ll find it, I know it! Hurry up, I’ll wait in front of the entrance!”
“Wait-…”
I quickly ended the call, to make sure, she’s really looking for it, and she couldn’t make any excuses or whatever.

After what felt like 100 years mum finally arrived – even with the spare key! Or so I thought…
She showed me three keys, and asked which one of them the right one was, and I was absolutely sure about that, so I quickly grabbed the right one – in my opinion, mum thought it was a different one – and stormed back into the school. I would have never thought, I’d really do something crazy like that! I don’t even run to school, if I’m two hours late!

Guess who was right about that one being the right key? Me!
I shoved in the key and wanted to turn it, but it was impossible to move it! I only could pull it out and insert it again, that’s all! Tears started to fill up my eyes, since now I had to ask the caretaker, who HATHATES me, to crack my padlock. Even though it was new!
But before I decided to let my lock get killed, I returned my ‘spare key’ to mum, who was still waiting in front of the school. A wonder! She’s seriously waiting for me! Usually I need to run after the car, before she stops and laughs at me, when I get in!
And again mum insisted to use another spare key, even though I was absolutely sure, that one really couldn’t it have been!
So I had to run back into the school, once again and I started to look for the caretaker, while I was scared like hell, since this was the first time I actually skipped classes, and I didn’t even leave the building! So of course I skipped classes before. And it somehow even felt like that guy would hide, because of me! He was nowhere to be found!!!

Without any choice left, I went back to my locker and did, what every man would do in such a situation. I started sulking.
Sitting on the floor, leaning against my locker I stared at my watch, waiting for Hyukkie to return, and of course I hoped, he won’t be too mad at me, for leaving him in that hell of boredom.
But to my surprise my hero barged in. Well, in the first second it looked like my worst nightmare, which started exactly like this – I, crying in the school, and then a furious mum, who’s running towards me. Before I could react – to run away – she already reached me and glared at me.
“Why the hell do you need that long?!” she was about to throw her tantrum.
“I told you I can’t find the caretaker!” I defended myself, shut my eyes tightly, and even lifted my arms, hiding my face behind them.
“No, you didn’t!”
“I did!”
I answered dumbfounded and threw a glance at her, through that gap between my arms.
“No, you didn’t, and now show me your locker!” I stared at her for some seconds, absolutely confused, why she wanted to see my locker – I mean, it’s locked, so what does she want to see there? That annoying orange color? She could simply stare at the others!
“That one… why?”
I continued to stare at her, but after a while I got up and pointed at my locker.
She took out a key and unlocked it without any effort!!!
“Idiot. You are seriously an idiot, Donghae. Now come!” with those words, she already started walking towards the exit.
“Thanks, mummy!” I chirped happily and ran after her, before she could drive away alone.

When I arrived at home, I remembered, that idiot of Kyu didn’t tell Minnie, nor even Hyukkie about that Kim Young Soo! And of course I also noticed, that he isn’t even here, but that wasn’t that important!
So I had no other choice but to go to Hyukkie’s place and tell him!
I made my way to his house, which took quite a while, since I didn’t even know where he lives, until another brainwave hit me. Wow, my brain is seriously working today. I definitely have to reward it afterwards, it already did three good things today! Oh… those were probably only my late ‘annual advices’… Tch, you won’t get rewarded, stupid brain!
Okay, to be honest, I met Heechul and he was glad to take me to Hyukkie. Of course he was glad, this way he could torture someone with his driving skills! And he’s probably thinking, what Hyukkie and I might be doing…
I even thanked Heechul for putting me into deadly danger, before he drove off again.

After I finally enlightened Hyukkie, he was furious! I’ve never seen him in that state before, okay that might be, because I didn’t even knew him for that long, but it still means something!
You know, when I finished talking, he was absolutely speechless. He was sitting on the sofa, not moving an inch, and not even blinking an eye! After a while, I could finally see him clenching his fists and gritting his teeth, before he abruptly got up and he showed his monstrous expression.
His eyebrows furrowed and even started to tremble, while his eyes were formed into two thin lines. He stuck out his bottom lip until it was set perfectly.
And the wonderful pout was completed! Oh right, he was angry… still he pouted like a toddler, who didn’t get his sweets!

With that we went to look for Minnie and Kyu, since they still didn’t arrive. But they probably wouldn’t even go to Hyukkie’s place, since Heechul usually was here…
We looked everywhere, they could have been, but they were nowhere to be found, so there was only one place left. The school.
But seriously, I always thought Kyu was intelligent enough to leave the school, after skipping class?! Oh… I shouldn’t be talking about something like that…

Anyway, guess who seriously was on the playground of the school, behind the building! Minnie and Kyu! I know, you would have never known, if I hadn’t told you right now! But you can thank me later, now I need to teach that Kyu-guy a lesson, for not telling my Hyukkie about his horrible lies!

“What the hell are you guys doing?!” I shouted, right after I spotted them, lying on the ground, Kyu on top of Minnie. And then it happened again – my brain worked! Because it told me, they were fighting just now, and I’m so absolutely sure, I’m right again, since I’ve been right the whole day!
When Hyukkie finally got to see that amusing sight, he only shouted in horror, while gripping my arm:
“OH MY GOD! SUNGMIN…! YOU…!”

 


oh my god, i've been writing that freaking chapter for... weeks?! and it's still horrible - but you know, i'm never able to come up with something better XD
BUT! I should be able to say it's something like 'proofread' - at least word said everything's correct ... after i told it to ignore every rule, of course ;D xD
HAHAHAHA and i just noticed, the last time i updated i seriously thought i might update the day after that! XDDD (it's nearly a month ago xD)
well, i forgot what i wanted to add so...
Have fun :DD