Hospitalization

Stuck in high school

 

Continuation from previous chapter

 

In the van
Donghae’s POV

 

We drove along several streets, and I was pretty sure, there weren’t many left, we haven’t searched yet. Hyukkie was still hugging my arm tightly and it didn’t seem like he’d let go in further future. Actually I thought it was really cute and all, but after seeing him that scared and so on, I wanted to comfort him and put that arm around his shoulders, but he refused to let go of it.
Everyone’s face was practically glued on the windows, to look for Minnie. Nowhere were any signs of him – absolutely nothing.

“What’s this?” Teukie screamed with probably the highest pitch, causing his dad to stop the car, and he pointed out of the window to an unknown figure.
“I don’t want to be rude, but it somehow looks like a homeless jerk…” I had to announce and earned a hard smack from Hyukkie, who jumped out of the car right afterwards and ran to that figure. We all headed after him, and to our dismay, we had to find Minnie, who was lying half on the street, half on the sideway, his clothes soaked in his blood, while a little puddle of blood surrounded him.

“MINNIE!!!” Kyu screamed horrified and he and Hyukkie kneeled down beside the probably unconscious boy. I was right behind them and the others arrived on that spot as well. Kyu lightly shook Minnie’s body, and his grip didn’t leave his shoulders, but Minnie didn’t respond. He only opened his eyes for a few seconds and when he closed them again, he turned his head lightly to the side
“Minnie, you idiot! I warn you! If you die, I … I … don’t you dare to die, you idiot! Minniiiieee~!” Kyu howled and started to cry heavily afterwards with Hyukkie, while he was still holding Minnie’s body firmly.
Thank god, there were also people, that were able to use their brains, instead of us. Auntie immediately called an ambulance, which arrived just some minutes afterwards.
And of course it had to come like this – we were 9 people including Minnie, so there was no way we’d all fit into that. So Auntie and ajussi, with Teukie, Sungie and thank god Chullie went to the hospital by the van, while Hyukkie, Kyu and I went with Minnie and the staff to the emergency room. We were even allowed to go in there as well!

They were moving quickly, probably because of the huge amount of blood, Minnie lost. A young doctor attached a cannula on his wrist and started to pour in some medicines. Right after that he sent us out, since they had to take an x-ray photograph. And so we had to wait more than two agony hours.
Kyu hopped from one foot onto the other one, but I decided not to notice him, since he probably just wanted some attention. After a while he even started to make strange sounds and squeaked:
“I’ll be right back – I need to go to the toilets!” with that he ran into the completely wrong direction. Haha! FOOL!

Finally the responsible doctor went out. His head was bent down, his forehead was marked by folds, and his gait was slowly, making us even more nervous. All signs he made, let us think of the worst…
My worried glance wandered from that doctor, to the bitterly crying Hyukkie, who now buried his face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him even nearer, then I noticed Kyu, who probably just arrived here again, and he was smirking at us. SMIRKING!!! Seriously, how is this heartless guy able to smirk?! EVEN NOW?!?!
That stupid doctor, who finally arrived in front of us, took probably about three minutes, just to walk along the corridor and he changed his expression – every second they were telling worse things happened.

“Everyone from our best emergency-staff did their best, and we put all our effort and strength in the emergency. And I have to tell you…” seriously, this guy is exaggerating! He sees more than three people crying, how can he even torture us like this?!
“… As expected… everything went right, and the operation was a big success!” I knew it! It was so clear, that guy just wanted to fool us, but not with me! No, no no! I, Donghae, won’t be able to get fooled!
Hyukkie lifted his head and revealed the wet spot on my blue shirt. Aish… this guy really has no idea, how to swallow! He slowly turned towards the doctor and stared at him in disbelief.
“Two of his ribs are broken and he suffers from a pulmonary contusion, in other words – a lung contusion, which means the human tissue is swollen and hemorrhage were produced. But he had luck, he won’t need to be ventilated, he’ll only get some painkillers, that’ll be enough. Right now, he’s still sleeping, and if you want, you can already go to him in room number 289.”
Auntie nodded all the time, while that guy explained something and even made comments about it! The others just stared at him, like he’d talk in a different language, while I stopped listening after ‘pulmonary’ – whatever this means. But I became clairaudient, when he said ‘go to him’ and I’m sure, Kyu imagined the ‘he needs you’ part, since he was practically sparkling.
Hyukkie pulled away from my unrequited embrace and raced along with Kyu towards Minnie’s room. I couldn’t suppress a laughter, when I heard a loud sound, that came from their direction. I mean, I even saw it, and damn, that looked too funny! Kyu ran against one of those self-opening doors and fell – landing on his . He yelped definitely too exaggerated and I approached him, still laughing. Hyukkie, who turned around, when he noticed, Kyu fell, kneeled down beside Kyu and softly touched his forehead, whereupon Kyu groaned in pain.
When I arrived at their spot – still laughing – I noticed a bulge on his forehead. A huge lightly blue and red bulge.
“Hahahaha! Now you have to hide two bulges! Hahahahaha!!” I squeaked in joy and pointed at him. Kyu’s jaw dropped and he stared frightened down to his pants and right after that he glared at me. Yeah, he wasn’t , but as soon as he sees Minnie that part gets awake pretty fast!
One of the nurses saw it as well – not even she was able to suppress a light chuckle, and she immediately brought something to cool the bump.

He pressed the cool bag onto his forehead and walked to Minnie’s room, along with us. Haha, not convinced to run anymore, huh? Hihihihi!

 


 

 

In Sungmin’s room
Kyuhyun’s POV

 

Damn, that wasn’t only extremely embarrassing, it also hurt! Stupid Hae kept laughing at me, the whole way, while Hyukkie inquired about my well-being.
We finally arrived in front of Minnie’s room and I pushed the stupid door open. My heartbeat increased every second I approached the sleeping beauty and I could feel my body getting sweaty. Damn, that idiotic Donghae was right! Now I really have to hide two bulges!
I gulped – accidently too loud, so the others could hear it, and made fun of me again.
“We should leave soon, it’s already late and-…”
“NO! I’ll stay here! No matter what!”
I interrupted auntie and hugged sleeping my Minnie tightly.
“Kyu, … Sungmin will be alright! He’s in good hands, so don’t worry!”
“And?! I stay still!”
I refused and auntie finally gave up, since she knows me pretty well, and also the fact, that I wouldn’t give in!
“Alright, okay! I’ll give you my permission, and I’ll convince my sister to let you stay, but I’m sure, she won’t give in! Also you have to ask one of the doctors, if they’re okay with that!”
“Okay!”
I answered immediately, laid Minnie softly down onto the pillow and raced out to look for a doctor.

It was easy to convince a nurse, since I told her, that Minnie’s parents aren’t at home, and he’s alone. She had so much compassion and immediately agreed to my request. With tears in her eyes she ran to one of the doctors and told her, that I’d stay for the night.
I returned at my spot – beside Minnie and took gently his hand to caress it. Auntie glared at me – who the hells knows why – but then she hissed:
“You stupid brat! You were able to convince me, to convince your mother to let you stay here, but you didn’t tell me, that you have to go to school tomorrow! Especially, because you didn’t attend class today – just like on the first day! ON THE FIRST DAY!!!”
“So…?”
I asked annoyed.
“So you have to go to school tomorrow!”
“But Minnie i-…”
 and she simply interrupted me! ME!
“Yeah, I know, your love is in hospital and you want to stay at his side, I know. But he’ll be fine, I promise, so promise me, you’ll attend school together with Hae and Hyukkie. Got it?!”
“Aha. I thought you wanted to leave?!”
I whizzed angrily and pointed to the door. She laughed evilly, ruffled through my hair, took her devilish weapon – also called ‘handbag’ and approached the door with these words:
“Yeah. Come on guys, our little Kyu wants to be alone with his love, so let’s leave them alone!” I sighed and rolled my eyes as a response and turned back to Minnie.
Hyukkie and Hae hugged Minnie and told him to get well soon, before they followed the others.

I didn’t expect it to be like this, being all alone with Minnie in a dark room. It was already 1A.M. and I became very tired. I closed the curtains, to lock out the damn lightly moon, that was shining brightly into the room.
After I sat down on the chair beside Minnie’s bed, the awkwardness returned. It’s not like I haven’t been that close to him yet, but I wasn’t alone with him – never!
I softly caressed his forehead and he finally responded! Well his big reaction was a quiet whimper and afterwards he started to munch pleasurable. It was too cute! I bit my bottom lip to suppress such a stupid ‘awwww’ sound, but wasn’t quite successful. Just a bit… Unfortunately it turned out like a moan – which made me feel embarrassed right away, but it was somehow worse, that Minnie blinked a few times until he finally opened them. Well … of course it was good, that he woke up, but I hope he couldn’t hear my moan-like sounding noise!
“Kyu?”
he mumbled quietly and rubbed his eyes, before he sat up slowly, to avoid pain and smiled angelic. “Are you hard?”
“WHAT?!”
I shouted – totally forgotten that we were in a hospital and jumped off the chair.
“You moaned so excited.” And his wonderful smile turned into a devilish smirk!
He stretched out a hand, to ask me to hold it – that’s at least what I thought, maybe he only meant I should sit down again.
But as the genius I am, I grabbed his soft hand and placed a little peck on its’ back – like in those soppy movies.

“Kyu?” he whispered softly and my hair sweetly.
“Hmmm?”
“What happened to your forehead?”
his hand left it’s spot on the back of my head and he draw a circle around my bulge – the one I could forget!
“Err… uhm… ah that’s not important! You know-…” I tried to talk about something else, but he stayed stubborn.
“Tell me!” he squeaked excitedly and grabbed my wrists and kneeled on his bed.
“No!” I looked in a different direction, since I didn’t want him to see me blush. A Kyuhyun mustn’t blush – especially not in front of audition! And more especially not in front of Minnie!!!
“Kyuhyun. Tell me.”
He tightened his grip and forced me to look into his wonderful dark eyes. Kyu, stop sounding that gay!!!
“Tch alright… I accidently hit a door.”
I finally admitted after I gave up. Minnie let go of my wrists and laughed amused, he even nearly fell of the bed!
“Be careful! You’ve got two broken ribs!” I tried to sound like a scolding mother, but it somehow ended up like a worried grandmother!
“Really? Why?”
“What Why?”
he stared at me completely clueless, while I stared at him in disbelief.
“I somehow forgot everything from yesterday…”
“It might be better this way…”
“Tell me!”
he shouted happily – I’ve no idea how he can be so happy about losing a part of his memory!
“You remember that prank we played on you?”
“Yeah… okay I was wrong – the last thing I remember, was that I was alone and called Hyukkie a few times.”
He answered smiling as brightly as always, but his answer made me somehow angry.
“You called him?! And that idiot didn’t answer or what?!”
“I think he forgot his phone again. So, what happened after I was gone? What did you do? Tell me everything!”
“No, let’s skip that!”
I didn’t want to tell him about that incident before, about that guy who tried to Teukie and me, but he still refused … somehow successfully. Aish I hate his damn, wonderful puppy eyes!
“I don’t want to! I’m bored and I’m injured!”
“But it’s-…”
“Come on! Please Kyuuu~!”
and I finally gave in.
“Alright… I was-…” thank god, my explanation was interrupted by my ringing phone!
Aish! Why you?! You won’t make my situation better!

 


 

 

At Donghae’s place
Hyukjae’s POV (yeah, he had to go with him)

 

Hae kept begging to stay at his place for the night, since Kyu was allowed to stay with Minnie! His mum was even pleased by that, but my mum didn’t seem to like that idea. I’ve no idea why, but Heechul – yeah HEECHUL! even helped us to convince her, until she finally allowed me to stay at Hae’s place.

When we arrived at their place, Heechul jumped out of the car and ran away – he’s absolutely crazy. Teukie and Sungie went back home, since their parents went all the way just to pick them up, maybe not expecting something like this…
Hae led me into his and Kyu’s room and closed the door – making both of us feel awkward, but it might look even weirder, if he’d have opened the door afterwards, so we let it as it was.
“I’m still worried about Minnie…” he announced quietly and to be honest, I felt the same way.
We talked a couple of minutes about Minnie, than, that we don’t want to go to school tomorrow, and how boring it was without a TV, computer or laptop, PSP – though he actually couldn’t say that, since he told me Kyu never lets him play with it.
“We could call Kyu and ask him about Minnie’s condition!” I suggested and he nodded in agreement. I put my hand into my pocket and had to find out, that there was only a plastic packaging from the sweets, we bought this morning. I looked for my cellphone in the other pocket and had so determine, that it wasn’t there either. So there was no other way – it must be in one of the two pockets on the backside! I touched my and couldn’t feel anything like a phone – just two damn hot cheeks!
Then I remembered something terrible. I had put on different pants after showering, so my cellphone is probably still in the pocket of the other one. In my room. And is I know him – with Heechul…
I sighed and confessed embarrassed:
“I forgot my phone…” Hae only laughed, patted my head and said:
“Then we’ll take mine!” and he lifted his phone up into the air.

He dialed Kyu’s number, switched on the speakers and we waited for him to answer the call.
“Erm… what’s wrong Hae?”
“Hi, Kyu!”
I shouted excited.
“Hykkie? You’re with Hae?” – “Hey Hae, hi Hyukkie!” Minnie interrupted Kyu and told him to switch on the speakers as well.
“Yeah, I forced him to! Heheheh!” Hae replied and faked an ‘evil’ laughter.
“Oh, that sounds plausible, since you can’t take your fingers off him!” that answer made us shut up, while Kyu and Minnie laughed like crazy.
“Hey, hey! Let’s turn the call into a video call!” Minnie shouted excited and Kyu immediately sent a request for a video call, which Hae accepted with the same speed as his brother had.
“Haha! You guys look so stupid!” Kyu laughed and – we could see it exactly – Minnie’s thigh!
“You’re the right one to talk, you ! Already starting to turn on a poor boy, who has to stay in hospital!” we all probably looked like idiots, since we grinned all the time like idiots.
“Huh?! I’m not doing anything!”
Kyu defended himself and lifted his hand immediately.
“So, Hyukkie. Did you remember to take your clothes with you?” Minnie asked teasingly, since he knew I always forget something.
“Huh? Aaah!” I remembered, that we didn’t even stop at my place.
“That was enough for a ‘yes’, right?” Kyu replied laughing with Minnie.
“I wonder how you’re supposed to sleep tonight – without your precious Mr. Sparkle!” Minnie laughed evilly.
“Oh, that’s not a problem – he has me!” my jaw dropped, when Hae replied grinning, but soon he realized, what he just said and his happy expression changed to shocked. Minnie and Kyu seemed shocked as well, but soon they bursted out laughing and hit the bed with their fists, to show us, how much fun they had – which was actually really unnecessary.
“Right!” I answered confidently after we all came down, and wrapped my arms around his waist “But here are two beds – you guys have to sleep in a small bed together!” I stuck out my tongue and Hae copied my movement, while the others were ‘surprisingly’ silent.
“Where’s the problem?” Minnie asked smirking and pulled Kyu beside him onto his bed. “See, it’s big enough for us!”
“Haha! Then I wish you a lot of fun, he snores incredibly loud!”
Hae answered and smirked as well.

We had a lot of fun teasing each other, but then Minnie suddenly became serious.
“Kyu didn’t want to tell me what happened yesterday after I disappeared. So please, you have to tell me!”
“Minnie, it’s not important!”
Kyu answered immediately.
“Well we just went out to look for you, but I don’t know what Kyu did, since he went with Teukie. I was with Hyukkie all the time.” Hae replied and grinned brightly at me, causing me to smile at him as well.
“Who would’ve thought about that!” Kyu answered and smirked again.
“So Kyu. Tell us, what happened to you.” Hae commanded.

In that second, we were finally able to convince Kyu to explain everything to us, his and Hae’s mum went in, which probably wasn’t that good, because it was nearly 3A.M.
“What the hell…?! You are still awake?! Hyukkie, if you need something just tell Hae. Oh right! I remember! You didn’t stop at your place right? Just borrow some clothes from Hae, but now go to sleep!” she was about to walk out of the room, but in that moment she discovered Hae’s hidden cellphone under the blanket.
“Who are you talking to? ... Kyuhyun?! Minnie! It’s nice to see, you’re fine, but now sleep! Everyone of you!”
Surprisingly she didn’t went out, instead she went to the wardrobe and took out something. She turned around, smiled angelic and gave me a soft, blue pajamas with many small cute fishes on it. And then she handed me a pair of boxers with nearly the same image.
“MUM!”


As you probably know, i never read anything afterwards, so please forgive me everything sensless, stupid, boring and all the mistakes xD
Have fun :D